Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Fantastic Beasts Thread - TEASER TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• tony1111tony1111 Posts: 17
    If this follows a similar production schedule to The Hobbit which I suspect it will we could be seeing a cast and director announcement this year through to Spring with Summer shooting. :)
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news!

Lord Stafford.
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am shaking
  • BrianBrian Posts: 171 mod
    It needs to happen. Please wizard god!!!
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing this film will be an original creation straight from Rowling.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Great news hopehe ends up directing [-O<
  • HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday i'ìm trying to make a new fan poster abiut #FantasticBeastsMOVIE and I make the official billing block where i put alfonso cuaron as director! AMAZING I'm a oracle.

By the way...very happy for this news! Can't wait
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news!
    imageimageimage
  • Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    It would be so nice if this came true.

• fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    It indeed would be great, although I'd rather see him continue with his original movies and creations.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enough of trying to relate Cuaron with HP.

I will not quit relating Cuaron to HP. It's actually probable he will be hired again considering he recently worked with Heyman on Gravity. Your claims that he got off from GOF because PoA exhausted him is not correct.
    Hindsight hilarity.
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nearly orgasmed before I even finished reading the title. "Alfonso Cuaron and Fantastic Beasts" was all I needed. :P I really hope he's actually directing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
    At this point, I don't think anything could have us more excited. This film has so much potential.

Lord Stafford.
  • fhapsfhaps Posts: 694 ✭✭✭
    In a new interview from a Spanish publication, Cuarón confirms he has no interest in directing 'Fantastic Beasts.' I translated the excerpt myself:

“It was a very beautiful experience for me. I love that universe and I admire J.K. Rowling tremendously, but right now I'm not interested in projects that are based around a lot of visual effects. I've just finished a 5-year process of VFX making and now I want to kind of clean myself a little bit from that."
    Oh, here's the source: http://www.24-horas.mx/cuaron-sin-planes-por-el-momento-para-regresar-a-grabar/

I know you guys will be disappointed but I'm kinda glad tbh. Mine is an unpopular opinion, but if it's not Yates again (which I HIGHLY doubt he'd agree to another Potter) I'd rather have a new director.
    edited May 2014
    No wonder. Cuaron is someone who takes a lot of time to do something. It took 4 years to make Gravity. And he just came out from a failed TV show. I found more likely to have Cuaron doing the Shining prequel. Personally, I don't want Yates. He deserves better than being stuck in a franchise with a fandom full of ungrateful people.

I would like a new director who can make his own mark.
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    fhaps said:

Oh, here's the source: http://www.24-horas.mx/cuaron-sin-planes-por-el-momento-para-regresar-a-grabar/

I know you guys will be disappointed but I'm kinda glad tbh. Mine is an unpopular opinion, but if it's not Yates again (which I HIGHLY doubt he'd agree to another Potter) I'd rather have a new director.

Same here (and I am so happy I am not the only one :D ). I would rather see Cuarón as The Shining prequel director...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This update saddens me.

Lord Stafford.
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    And I would rather see Cuarón tackle something new, of his own creation, than The Shining prequel (which does not seem promising for me) or Fantastic Beasts. Prisoner of Azkaban was really good, but Children of Men and Gravity are masterpieces.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this movie ends up really good tbh because the hobbit has left a bad taste in my mouth for how this film could end up if handled haphazardly
    Yeah, but The Hobbit was a book. This is a completely new trilogy.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Del Toro
    Del Toro
    Del Toro
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

If they choose Del Toro, we won't see the film until 2030 xd
    Spike Jones
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    This whole thing is just like a giant HP fan dream coming true.
    image image image

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so is alfonso still in the running or not?
    He never wasn't.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    better find a director STAT
    There's plenty of time to find a director.

Lord Stafford.
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/fantastic-beasts-movie-confirmed-to-feature-u-s-british-wizards-wb-uk-president-97829/

It's so exciting to think about the prospect of American wizards. I honestly can't fathom how awesome that is going to be.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comic-con is coming up. I suspect that we'll get some juicy stuff there. Possibly even a director announcement.

Get a sneak peek at Fantastic Beasts: Fans know that the world of Harry Potter will return to the screen when J. K. Rowling adapts her book, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," as a movie. If you are wondering what the mythical creatures might look like, head to the Magical Menagerie shop in Diagon Alley and peer up at the overhead shelves. Gilmore says that some of the strange looking animals represent the first time that the beasts have been visualized. "It will give visitors a peek at the next wave of Harry Potter."

http://www.usatoday.com/experience/america/theme-parks/diagon-alley-secrets-harry-potter/11905399/

Lord Stafford.
  • PotterirelandPotterireland Posts: 80
    I hope we are close to a director announcement or something. Comic Con would be perfect for that! :)
  • Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Seeing as Cuaron is no longer directing, shouldn't the thread title be changed?

I am sort of hoping for Colombus to come back. A certain magical quality left the series with his departure I think it was the clothing and the thematic scores. The books always make a point of telling the reader how differently the Wizarding world dressed, when Jany Temime came in to do the costumes the Wizarding world clothing looked too normal.
    Maybe he'll try to come back. Since Colombus will be doing the new Gremlins and Goonies films.
    Chris seems to be doing a sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire as well so I guess we can rule him out his schedule would probably be too busy given the 2016 release date. I just hope we don't end up with Mike Newell. :p
    Same. Cuaron should've done GOF. He would've fixed the screw ups from POA and kept the characters in character, unlike Newell.
    I usually skip it in marathons it's my least favourite of the movies, although the maze and resurrection scene were nice and Voldemort looked his most frightening in GOF so it's somewhat redeemable. I guess if we knew more about the tone of the film it would be easier to think of candidates for Voldemort.

Same. Cuaron should've done GOF. He would've fixed the screw ups from POA and kept the characters in character, unlike Newell.

To be honest we both just want to know how awesome and terrifying his Voldemort would have been.

Do you think this movie is going to feature a young Elphias Doge? Didn't he travel to America in the 1920s to search for dragons. He could easily be included as a sidekick.
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    I really hope we hear something from JK Rowling tonight at the book event maybe some fans will ask her about it.
    The BBC's article about the Harrogate event includes a small quote about 'Fantastic Beasts:'
    Rowling is also currently working on her first film script, for Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

"It's been challenging, it's been fascinating, it has been a lot of fun," she said of script-writing. "But as fun as it's been, my first love is definitely novels."
    I'm worried she won't want to write the sequels and will hand that out to someone else.
    She is referring to it in past tense so that must meant he script is done. The Warner Bros. Comic con panel is in an hour and a half I wish we would atleast see a title card for this like we did with Batman V Superman but I doubt that will happen. Perhaps next year or in 2016 we could see the Potterverse make a big presence at the con other than fan panels.
    Someone who was at the event told me she confirmed she is done with the script.

I asked the festival people and they told me the audio of the whole event will be released to download in the following days. I look forward to that.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Jack O'Connell for Newt Scamander? Anyone lol
    imageimageimage