Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and LOTR Official Thread

Comments

• SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014

I watched AUJ again the other day and I was left wondering why DoS's dialogue can't even touch what was in AUJ. So bad. Can anyone remember anything remotely well written in terms of dialogue in DoS?

Nope, only because so much of the dialogue in DoS was indeed well-written, that is hard for me to remember the best.

However, Tauriel and Fili's discussion when the dwarves are captured comes to mind. And Bilbo vs. Smaug discussion wise. Bilbo's choice of dialogue against a fearfully smart opponent was excellent.

P.S. If this post confuses you Mr. #8 it is because I heartily disagree with you. :)
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really think the dialogue between Kili and Tauriel is great? I was rolling my eyes and laughing when they were discussing stars.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
  • HessHess Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUJ was better than DoS.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

You really think the dialogue between Kili and Tauriel is great? I was rolling my eyes and laughing when they were discussing stars.

Oops, Kili, yes. I always confuse those two. Anyway, yes, I loved the scene. Tauirel may be an OC, but that scene made me ship them!
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched AUJ again the other day and I was left wondering why DoS's dialogue can't even touch what was in AUJ. So bad. Can anyone remember anything remotely well written in terms of dialogue in DoS?

I thought the exchanges between Bard and Thorin and Smaug and Bilbo were good. Kinda agree about Tauriel and Kili but I don't give two shits because she's fine as hell so the more screen time for her the better.

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also is anyone else bothered by the fact Luke Evans and Orlando Bloom look too much alike?

Like cmon, when I saw the first trailer my initial reaction was why the fuck is Orlando Bloom playing two characters.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, J. R. R. Tolkien!

Lord Stafford.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh well adam the movie can,t stay on top forever. it was a good run. Now just give us a release date for the Blu Ray and ill be a happy camper. :)
    AUJ was released on Blu-ray in March.

Lord Stafford.
    sweet march is going to be a great month for Blu Ray Releases Catching Fire and Hopefully Desolation Of Smaug :D
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    So that means the extended edition won't be out till November.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    yes I suppose that's right but whatever im ok with just the theatrical version.
    Nick said:

yes I suppose that's right but whatever im ok with just the theatrical version.

Me too but im curious to what Pete took out, Thrain's attack on Gandalf is one, and Bombur being under a spell after falling into the lake is another.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    thrain? which character is that?
    edited January 2014
    Thorin's father. This was suppose to happen in Dol Guldur.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    ok color me confused what would cause Thrain to attack Gandolph?
    Remember back to the first scene of DoS, Their were rumors about Thrain still being alive, they never did find his body from the battle with Azog. He made his way to Dol Guldur and was taken by the Necromancer and put under a spell. So when Gandalf arrives, he fights Gandalf and apparently Gandalf wins. Richard Armitage said in a interview that Thrain tells Gandalf don't let Thorin enter the mountain.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    ok that makes sense. looks like that storyline will never get resolved in the Theatrical Releases.
    Nope gotta wait until the extended edition; not to mention their is a lot more that will be in there.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it was edited, when Smaug says death and we have the last of shot of him going to Esgaroth, there's a huge crescendo and the music ends when we see the last shot of Bilbo.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Man @yonnythemoony you're the best with soundtrack! Seems you know everything lol Did you study in that domain?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hahahaha that was so funny!
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    Lool the end , that´soo true hahahaha

I think this is one of their best yet, I was thinking of quoting my favorites, but hell, the whole video is HILARIOUS
    Hope you like it!
    LOL NO MORE EAGLES LOL. something tells me they will be rescuing Gandolph from Dol Guldor in the 3rd movie.
    Looooool people are so gonna hate that :p
    if they show up and rescue Gandolph I will not be amused.
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick, I've spent so long wanting to correct you, but I was never able to muster up the strength.
    But, please, babe, for my sanity, his name is Gandalf.
    imageimage
    woops my bad sorry ill do better in the future :(
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Phineas said:

Nick, I've spent so long wanting to correct you, but I was never able to muster up the strength.
    But, please, babe, for my sanity, his name is Gandalf.

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my professors referred to this as the "most glorified piece of fanfic ever"
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• BrianBrian Posts: 171 mod
    Juanito said:

Still not sure who adam is but my issue is not the all its that it ll to a movie that came out almost 3 weeks before it

Don't pull that BS. I checked your IP address and it matches up.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian said:

Juanito said:

Still not sure who adam is but my issue is not the all its that it ll to a movie that came out almost 3 weeks before it

Don't pull that BS. I checked your IP address and it matches up.
    :O
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    It's true. I checked it a few weeks back when he appeared but I gave no fucks. I didn't care or want to do anything because I couldn't even remember what the forum even did last time but I knew as soon as everyone knew it was Adam we would have yet another shitstorm from everyone making a bigger deal than it really is. I figured he would just end up having yet another episode and get himself banned at some point like Adam always tends to do.

Another thing Mr. Heatherly, quit sending me random Facebook messages. We are not friends. I do not give a Slughorn's behind as to what stupid Phantom nonsense you would like to fill my inbox with.
    lol.
    RyGuy said:

It's true. I checked it a few weeks back

when he appeared but I gave no fucks. I didn't care or want to do anything because I couldn't even remember what the forum even did last time but I knew as soon as everyone knew it was Adam we would have yet another shitstorm from everyone making a bigger deal than it really is. I figured he would just end up having yet another episode and get himself banned at some point like Adam always tends to do.

Another thing Mr. Heatherly, quit sending me random Facebook messages. We are not friends. I do not give a Slughorn's behind as to what stupid Phantom nonsense you would like to fill my inbox with.

I thought the same as you Ryan...I could have ban him but he will just do another account and be back so I let it flow till it gets bad...untill now its okay lol
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RyGuy said:
    I think it left out Anglo Saxon College Lit professors
    :P

But seriously those elvish speakers are the hardest to have normal conversations with about fantasy lol
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Chinese poster:

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    DVD coming out April 8

Wish there's a streaming like last time when the dvd came out showing what's coming up
    im excited!! April hurry up.
    Oh Adam...
    imageimage
  • JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Phineas said:

Oh Adam...

He's got a point though......
    don,t encourage him. so what the blu ray comes out in april instead of March is the world going to end because it dosen,t come out in March like an unexpected journey? No I don,t think so.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    NO ONE GIVES A FUCK BOUT THE HOBBIT
    imageimageimage
    I do lol
    aaron said:

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK BOUT THE HOBBIT

Lord Stafford.
    Adam, you're many things, but normal is not one of them.
    imageimage