Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Michael Bay now wants to direct Transformers 4.

KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in General
http://www.movieweb.com/news/michael-bay-wants-to-make-transformers-4

Well, so much for DOTM being his last one...

Comments

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    *hits head against wall* -_-

HE HAS DONE ENOUGH DAMAGE! lmao
  • Toini01Toini01 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    My reaction after watching Transformers : "WoW how can there be soo many explosions. I'm sure there'll not be a movie with more explosions than this one."
    after watching Transformers 2 : "My head hurts !!!!!"
    after watching Transformers 3 : "Heartattack, too many flashes/explosions, camera moves too much, shots are too short, bad acting, awesome scenario (haha kidding !)..."
    "Where it all started... "
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "It all ends here... "
    Look at what I just found :

HAHA soo true.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "It all ends here... "
  • Look at what I just found :

HAHA soo true.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO loved it.

image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

What damage?
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

What damage?
    Deciding to be a movie director ?

"It all ends here... "
    edited December 2011
    His direction is fine. The stories just suck. He's no worse than Nolan, and in fact, due to his non-pretentious manner, I'd say he's loads better.

Edit: I mention Nolan because he is probably one of the most-loved directors at the moment. Bay is the most hated.

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

What damage?
    lol no literally when I said this I meant he has done damage...to bridges, cars, buildings, skyscrapers, etc :P haha
    His direction is fine. The stories just suck. He's no worse than Nolan, and in fact, due to his non-pretentious manner, I'd say he's loads better.
    Well I rarely some nice shots in his movie, the stories sucks, he doesn't direct the actors very well at some time, all of his movies are full of explosions, his shots are too short...
    "It all ends here... "
    Oh, ok. I missed the joke.

I do have to say the female leads were thrown in for the hormonal teenager crowd for as I call the "Boner Magnent." Megan Fox might not have been Meryl Streep when it comes to acting but she wasn't as bad as they come. She could have been directed in a bit of a different manner...as for whats her face model in Transformers 3...I have seen better acting from the puppet that I place on my penis and make dance...too far? lmao but in all seriousness it was a big let down to see that girl act. Transformers 3 wasn't aiming to be best movie of the year or anything on the other hand so really I just shrugged off some of the rocky plot and acting straight out of Tommy Wiseau's The Room. haha :P
    Oh, ok. I missed the joke.
    Its all good. I just did it subtly haha
    edited December 2011
    Well I rarely some nice shots in his movie, the stories sucks, he doesn't direct the actors very well at some time, all of his movies are full of explosions, his shots are too short...
    The entire bridge scene in DotM; the reveal of the Autobots in the first movie; the keyhole-like sequences in the first and second; making audiences think that Bumblebee was going to get it; "Is your daddy home?"; Ironhide flipping over the screaming woman in the first; gliding sequence in the third; etc.

To be blunt, to complain about the explosions reveals your ignorance about him; that's his specialty. But he's doing a low budget dark comedy soon, so perhaps then you'll appreciate him more than you do now. He changed the way we see action movies, from Bad Boys to Armageddon, to The Island to Transformers. The man is an expert at his craft and he should be given the props for setting the bar for fun movies, with direction that puts you in the action. People who complain about not being able to discern what's going on do so because they are too lazy to keep up and/or want to fit in with the crowd who think they're cool because they hate on him. Kind of like the hate for The Phantom Menace.

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact is that he's directing the fourth film so Paramount gives him money to make a proyect on his own, not because he wants to keep on Transformers. Also, Bay said that he work with the screenwriters for the third film during a year on the script, trying to fix the mistakes on the second film.
    The fact is that he's directing the fourth film so Paramount gives him money to make a proyect on his own, not because he wants to keep on Transformers. Also, Bay said that he work with the screenwriters for the third film during a year on the script, trying to fix the mistakes on the second film.
    Your source for this claim?

• Also, Bay said that he work with the screenwriters for the third film during a year on the script, trying to fix the mistakes on the second film.
    And he wasn't very sucessful.
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
    Your source for this claim?
    http://thelastreel.blogspot.com/2011/12/rock-feels-bays-pain.html

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't mind a 4th Transformers film. The trouble is, Bay has been subconsciously (or maybe purposefully) outdoing himself with each installment, and I just don't see how TF4 can be possibly any better than the finale of TF3: in other words, a worldwide alien invasion, merging of a two planets, ships in Chicago, mindblowing stuff, etc. It's pretty much impossible to top it.
    imageimageimage
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .“~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . … . /
    . . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–
    The entire bridge scene in DotM; the reveal of the Autobots in the first movie; the keyhole-like sequences in the first and second; making audiences think that Bumblebee was going to get it; "Is your daddy home?"; Ironhide flipping over the screaming woman in the first; gliding sequence in the third; etc.

To be blunt, to complain about the explosions reveals your ignorance about him; that's his specialty. But he's doing a low budget dark comedy soon, so perhaps then you'll appreciate him more than you do now. He changed the way we see action movies, from Bad Boys to Armageddon, to The Island to Transformers. The man is an expert at his craft and he should be given the props for setting the bar for fun movies, with direction that puts you in the action. People who complain about not being able to discern what's going on do so because they are too lazy to keep up and/or want to fit in with the crowd who think they're cool because they hate on him. Kind of like the hate for The Phantom Menace.
    Well, you say that michael Bay's movies are great except for the scenario. I always thought a director works with the screenwriter, or if he doesn't, than it's a shame.

Most of the shots you mentioned are beautiful thanks to the CGI but there aren't any beautiful emotional shots or something like that.

Now, saying that you go out of Micheal Day's movies without a headache is a lie.

On top of that, when we talk about explosions, it's most of the time to talk about all the shit in his movies :
    -As you mentioned the script,
    -how he directs actors,
    -the overexagerated number of destructions/explosions,
    -the very short shots with a camera which moves a lot,

On top of that, he doesn't seem nice at all in the making of.

To go back on how beautiful a shot is, I think that those your mentioned about Micheal Bay are great because of the CGI. The robots are soo well done that it looks awesome. But if we compare it to Courtyard Apocalypse for exemple, most of the people like it not only because of the great CGI (that MB's movies have to) but because the shot is beautiful with the yellow fire in a dark night with some blue flashes poping out of nowhere and some kind of electric sound to work as a spell.
    In the Autobot scene I feel more like the robots are well done, the camera's mouvement are great, but photography isn't there...
    "It all ends here... "
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .“~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . … . /
    . . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–
    What is this supposed to show ?

"It all ends here... "
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    facepalm
    facepalm
    Ahh...

Wouldn't have noticed without your comment :p
    "It all ends here... "
  • alexdridhpalexdridhp Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    we don't need more transformers ......... i liked all the films but they were pretty bad !!!!!!!!!! a fourth one would be an even bigger critical flop :-w
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Aaron...I don't know how he would top no. 3, but I also probably wouldn't care, because I like the Transformer movies and would most likely see a fourth one if they did it.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the franchise needs to die please.
  • alexdridhpalexdridhp Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    @nicholasmanning is it me or you are a bit aggressive ??? no offenece :D
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Transformers is like sulfur burning off my cleaven hooves... Please as Nicholas said die
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

LOL
    It's just a movie. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    edited December 2011
    Most of the shots you mentioned are beautiful thanks to the CGI but there aren't any beautiful emotional shots or something like that.
    Incorrect: Bumblebee's possible execution is executed very well and you actualyl feel Sam's pain in thinking his best friend was about to die, even when you know he isn't.Sam's father yelling at him to come back in RotF gets to me every time because it's so well acted and convincing.
    Now, saying that you go out of Micheal Day's movies without a headache is a lie.
    That's awesomesauce. I'm a liar because you probably came out with a headache. Guess what? I didn't. I am not a lazy viewer and I understood everything that went on. I loved every goddamned fucking minute of the TF movies when I saw them theatrically. I love them equally on home video. If I came out with a headache, like I did with my most recent disgusting cinema experience (Hugo), I'd have hated them. But I didn't.
    Awesome irrelevant character attack.
    To go back on how beautiful a shot is, I think that those your mentioned about Micheal Bay are great because of the CGI. The robots are soo well done that it looks awesome. But if we compare it to Courtyard Apocalypse for exemple, most of the people like it not only because of the great CGI (that MB's movies have to) but because the shot is beautiful with the yellow fire in a dark night with some blue flashes poping out of nowhere and some kind of electric sound to work as a spell.
    The courtyard apocalypse is only good to me because of the music. Period. I am not amazed by what I am seeing on screen.

Toini01, I think I'll dismiss Snape's excellent introduction in DH1 because of the use of CGI.

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Gotta mark my calendar to see a doctor the day after. I think my laugh box exploded after DOTM. Damn that shit was awful :p

Yeah, no chance any of these can be good now. Whatever, they'll be fun to laugh it. I swear, there was silence when my friend and I were howling at some points in DOTM :p
  • BaneBane Posts: 9,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it alone Michael. You managed to deliver a solid second half in the last film and that's the best you're going to do. Let the series go out on SOMETHING of a remotely positive note please.
    Incorrect: Bumblebee's possible execution is executed very well and you actualyl feel Sam's pain in thinking his best friend was about to die, even when you know he isn't.Sam's father yelling at him to come back in RotF gets to me every time because it's so well acted and convincing.
    That's awesomesauce. I'm a liar because you probably came out with a headache. Guess what? I didn't. I am not a lazy viewer and I understood everything that went on. I loved every goddamned fucking minute of the TF movies when I saw them theatrically. I love them equally on home video. If I came out with a headache, like I did with my most recent disgusting cinema experience (Hugo), I'd have hated them. But I didn't.
    Awesome irrelevant character attack.
    The courtyard apocalypse is only good to me because of the music. Period. I am not amazed by what I am seeing on screen.
    Bumblebees possible exection was nice, but what ruined it was that you knew what was gonna happen because of the two small robots which were in the kind of chopper. If there was not this scene, I would agree, it's touching.
    When Sam's father doesn't want to let him go was well acted but the camera moved a lot on an emotional shot. Plus there were some unuseful explosions during this scene that weren't necessary at all !
    When I get a headache, it's not because I'm a lazy viewer but because the movie gives it with is very (too) dynamic editing/shots. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with that.
    I didn't attack him because I said it "seems". That means that it's what he looks like with what I saw. It "SEEMS".
    Well if you're not amazed by the CA CGI, I don't understand how you can be with the Autobots' presentation scene with some textures that look fake because of the white lights reflection. The CA scene was beautiful according to photography (when you see the Courtyard for the first time). If you're not amazed by it, then it's your opinion, so you feel what I felt during the entire Transformers movie.

"It all ends here... "
    You have to realize that even with the Autobots and Decepticons in the finished film, Bay was still there using a camera for a lot of the shots. Look at the Ironhide scene from TF1. The camera is still there, shooting without a giant robot in the scene. It's still an amazing shot.

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blehhhh!!!!!!
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness 3 was a good ending. I liked it even though I hated the first 2
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."