Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The 9/11 12th Year Anniversary.

Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in General
Today is exactly 12 years after the tragedy. May all of the victims rest in peace, and may all of the losses sustained be rebuilt. To those who have lost someone on that fateful morning, i hope you find your own sense of peace, and suffer no more. Because today we remember the victims all over the world, and after this remembrance day has occured, we will find sollice in the hands of each other.

RIP
9/11/2001
9/11/2013

Lord Stafford.

Post edited by Lord Stafford on

Comments

• XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
    We Will Never Forget!
    **==
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
  • PopkinPopkin Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    **==
  • LizLiz Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭✭
    **==
  • tomnom94tomnom94 Posts: 504
    RIP everyone who died that day, my thoughts go out to everyone who lost their lives or lost a loved one. You will never be forgotten!
  • **==
  • No one is ever forgotten on that horrible day.THANK YOU TO OUR ARMED. FORCES!
    **==
    Mysterious thing time.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    **==
    You've already posted that. :P

Lord Stafford.
    Watching the Memorial Coverage.
    Ridicously sad :(
    What channel is it on?

Lord Stafford.
    edited September 2011
    911, We Remember Pictures, Images and Photos
    seemed fitting
    edited September 2011
    Mysterious thing time.
    Remember 9/11
    seemed fitting
    And very much so.

Lord Stafford.
    What channel is it on?

Lord Stafford.
    All of them pretty much.
    I don't now if you get the same thing out of NYC/Northern jersey.
    Mysterious thing time.
  • tomnom94tomnom94 Posts: 504
    I was watching the memorial coverage on BBC and it was so sad :(
    I was watching the memorial coverage on BBC and it was so sad :(
    Yeah, the name list is still on.
    So upsetting :(
    Mysterious thing time.
    What channel is it on?

Lord Stafford.
    I've been watching all morning on CNN.
    Remember 9/11
    seemed fitting
    And very much so.

Lord Stafford.
    Changed the picture to something bigger ans easier to see
    Yeah, CNN has it.
    So does Channel 2,4,5,6,7,11,12,etc. New York.
    Mysterious thing time.
    911, We Remember Pictures, Images and Photos
    seemed fitting
    That's even better, except i'm not American.

Lord Stafford.
    Yes, i really should have known that... of course it will be on every news station.

Lord Stafford.
    Yes, i really should have known that... of course it will be on every news station.

Lord Stafford.
    Yeah.
    You know, I hate that people are ignoring this thread.
    Thanks for making it Stafford!
    Mysterious thing time.
    Remember 9/11
    seemed fitting
    And very much so.

Lord Stafford.
    Changed the picture to something bigger ans easier to see
    Thank you.

Lord Stafford.
    You don't have to be American to remember the events that took place 10 years ago Staff. These events propelled a lot of other countries into a war. It's very kind of all to think about the ones lost on 9/11 and the soldiers injured or lost due to the war started by these horrible acts.

Lord Stafford.
    Yeah.
    I'm thankful that someone finally commented, and that someone... was you.

Lord Stafford.
    edited September 2011

Lord Stafford.
    Yeah.
    \
    Lord Stafford.
    Yeah, I know.
    I mean, no one needs to go into detail or anything but a least a word or two.
    But no, everyones commenting on a stupid script that's not even actually signed.
    I'm thankful that someone finally commented, and that someone... was you.
    Mysterious thing time.
    You don't have to be American to remember the events that took place 10 years ago Staff. These events propelled a lot of other countries into a war. It's very kind of all to think about the ones lost on 9/11 and the soldiers injured or lost due to the war started by these horrible acts.
    I know that full well, i'm just saying. Mourners are coming from all over the world right now.

Lord Stafford.
    There is no way I could have overlooked this thread. It was a very frightening and saddening day. **==
  • I'm so glad Time Warner has been broadcasting NY1, I've been watching it all week from NC. Woke up early to watch this morning.

Seeing the news of one city from another state is so surreal.

• Yeah.
    Well a lot of people already said their peace in the other 9/11 thread. No need to say things twice.

Yeah.
    Well a lot of people already said their peace in the other 9/11 thread. No need to say things twice.
    This was for Stafford to see, so I don't care.
    Mysterious thing time.
    There is no way I could have overlooked this thread. It was a very frightening and saddening day. **==
    Well, you wouldn't have been the only one, if you had.

Lord Stafford.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Never Forget :(

**==
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    **== RIP **==
  • RIP **==
    Omg the choir singing I Will Remember You is breaking my heart :( **==
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip

Forever...u all live on in our hearts as heroes. **==
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • RIP to everyone who lost their lives that day
  • May they rest in peace.
    Photobucket
  • decarusdecarus Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭
    I remember where i was. I was 21. I was at college in a lab. My professor left for a minute to go down to his office and he came back in all out of sorts and said that planes had hit the World Trade Center. Then after we left the class i went to the bottom of one of our buildings where there is a sitting area where students hang out. Someone had pushed a television out into this normal calm quiet area and i watched the first tower fall on television. And people didn't really have cell phones back then, not like they do now. No one in my immediate family had one, so i couldn't call them. It was just crazy.

My older brother had just moved to Boston a few weeks ago which freaked me out. Thinking that it was that airport that the plane had come out of. The airport that my brother uses. I sort of had that panic moment of what if he went somewhere. One of my aunts was in Washington DC and her building was evacuated. So she was right by the capital building where the fourth plane was headed, the one that went down in Pennsylvania, stuck in traffic because all of the buildings had been evacuated and everyone was trying to get out of the city. She didn't know what to do. If she should leave her car and just try and get away. I remember how freaked out my cousins were by that and it took her days to get home. She finally had to drive back because the planes were grounded and everybody was trying to get home. My younger brother was at school. He was fifteen. They sent everyone home from his school early. We live very near an air force base and he was seriously freaked out because he could hear all of the jets scrambling off the base and her the sonic booms of the planes taking off. He was home alone since they canceled school so called my dad who came and stayed with him.

It was frightening because you just didn't know what was happening. And when the towers fell they were talking about it being like possible 12 thousand people dead. And no one knew if there were more planes. It was the uncertainty of the moment that was probably the most scary thing about it all. And there really weren't cell phones. Not like there are now where everyone has one in their pocket. So i couldn't just call everyone and check in with my family.

I also remember like six months later the first time i went to London and we had a layover through the Boston airport and seeing these army guys with huge machine guns and how bizarre and wrong that felt. Now that seems normal and it is very weird that that seems normal. You really could feel the shift that day caused.
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    **== God Bless America

G.G.
    I was five years old, in Kindergarden, so I don't remember all the details. But I remember waking up, getting ready, and on my way to school we heard on the radio that a 'small-plane' had hit the Tower. We then, from a distance (a high point in town) saw the tower from very, very far; smoking heavily. My mom dropped me off to school and left for work in the city. Thankfully she was far from Lower Manhattan. My memory shuts from there. Two weeks later, we went to the Piers, across the Hudson on the Jersey side and it was still smoking.
    Mysterious thing time.
  • This goes down in History as another act of human depravity like the Holocaust and notable other atrocities, the best thing that comes out of it is, that we as decent kind humans, remember the people who fell to these evil humans and learn from these events to ensure it never happens again...

Rest in Peace victims of 9/11 and other victims of international terrorism ... Never forget
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    **==
    imageimageimage
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    **==
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    **== **== **== **==

AMERICA! AMERICA!
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    **== R.I.P. To all affected by this horrendous tragedy and may the world never forget.

On a day of such horror and sadness, I was gifted with two adorable twin baby cousins this morning. A day of sadness has brought forth two amazing gifts and joy in a change of the darkness.
    **== R.I.P. To all affected by this horrendous tragedy and may the world never forget.

On a day of such horror and sadness, I was gifted with two adorable twin baby cousins this morning. A day of sadness has brought forth two amazing gifts and joy in a change of the darkness.
    Aww Congrats on the new family members :)

Congrats.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    R.I.P to everyone who was lost in this senseless tragedy. Never forgotten.
    Mysterious thing time.