Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

J.K Rowling

kinglarsikinglarsi Posts: 307
edited July 2011 in General
Did J.K Rowling had the series from start to end clear before she even started writing , did she know the very ending from the first point .. all the character's or titles of the books?
'' To make each day Count ''

Comments

• She had the whole 7 books planned before releasing the first one. If you read carefully each book, each one has lots of details that has somethind to do with the other books. For example, Even from the second chapter of Sorcerer's Stone, you see that Harry can hear a snake, which leads that he is a parselmouth ( revelead in second book) which leads that he is a parselmouth because he is a horcrux ( revelead in 7th book).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Indeed the last words would normally be the scar but changed to all was well.
    Would still know what her sentence was

image image

imageimage
  • kinglarsikinglarsi Posts: 307
    Her , C.S Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien is genius!
  • Of course she did not know everything. The whole story developed when she was writing. When she started to write she knew only baseline.
    Sources?
  • DeoWeasleyDeoWeasley Posts: 849
    Hey ..
    My theory is '' She didn´t know much , she just write and find ideas everyday '' !

I hate Pottermore ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    I think she had pretty much most of it planned out from the beginning, but of course added some things and changed some things as she went along to make things fit better.
  • fhapsfhaps Posts: 694 ✭✭✭
    About the "scar" ending, she said the original epilogue was different; people started surrounding Harry, and the final sentence was something like "Only those who loved Harry could see his scar." Meaning that he was closed surrounded by his family... something like that.
    Things change as they come out on paper.
  • acciohpacciohp Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭
    IS there a site that has all the info Jo has posted on her official site over the years in one spot?
  • HnahHnah Posts: 11
    edited August 2011
    She sat on a train and all the sudden it all popped into her head - wasn't it something like that? She didn't have anything to write with or on right there and then, so she noted it all in her head, and then wrote down the plot of the seven books when she reached home. The paper she wrote it all down on later had to be locked up in a safe on her agents office, considering it contained the material to seven books to come. So I believe she had it all figured out from the very start. Not too detailed, but the baselines. She's a genius, really.
  • stu_mcdstu_mcd Posts: 189
    I know she intended to kill Arthur Weasley in Order of the Phoenix but then changed her mind.
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know she intended to kill Arthur Weasley in Order of the Phoenix but then changed her mind.
    Thank God!
    That would have
    been EXTREMELY sad.

G.G.
  • I think you can see it in the books she has most of it planned

like petunia mentioning that awful boy (snape) in OOTP

• stinkastinka Posts: 495
    other than Mr. Weasley, at the end of BOH, Harry had no remaining father figures left as a young man, right? Or am I missing someone?
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    other than Mr. Weasley, at the end of BOH, Harry had no remaining father figures left as a young man, right? Or am I missing someone?
    Hagrid, I suppose.

imageimageimage
  • stinkastinka Posts: 495
    ah yes...you're right aaron.
  • js1138js1138 Posts: 143
    In an interview, she said that when the first book was accepted, she sat down with the publisher and told him the story of Harry Potter.

Obviously she had to fill in a lot of details, but she had the story arc.