Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Rate/Review the Last Movie or TV Show You Watched

Comments

• I watched two movies at the movie theater tonight.

The Lion King 3D (1994, Roger Allers) 5/5
    When I was only 4 years old, I watched my first movie at a movie theater. Now, 17 years later, I had the opportunity to watch it again on the big screen. I would never imagine, that first time at the movies, Filmmaking would be my passion and my career. I'm just speechless about The Lion King 3D. The movie endend, the credits finished rolling, the lights were up... And everyone just stood there, looking at the white big screen.

Apollo 18 (2011, Gonzalo López-Gallego) 2/5
    I usually do appreciate mockumentaries and lost-footage horror movies. I enjoy the idea that showing less is more. But I think we all have to agree that the genre is getting supersaturated. There's absolutely nothing new over here, despite the environment. Just a copy + paste of sequences from other movies of the genre. It can be well produced, but Apollo 18 is totally unimaginative, uninventive and bland. Dispensable.
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    oh my... lion king fuck yes!
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes- 90%
    A monumental achievement. Filled
    with beauty, power, and emotion-
    "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"
    works as a PERFECT prequel to this
    iconic franchise.

• Cyber-LogicCyber-Logic Posts: 508 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I've been torrenting a lot of films lately.. just so I can have long-distance movie nights with my friend. She lives in Arizona, and we get the same copies of films and sync it, so we can watch it over the phone, or chat. :-P

We've seen The Kingdom, Cypher, Sunshine, Deathly Hallows (both parts, and this was over the PHONE because we LOVE Harry Potter), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Shutter Island, The Fifth Element, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Stargate, and a lot more which I can't remember right now.

OH, but I just saw The Butterfly Effect, and I LOVED it. I've heard the sequels are bad though. Has anyone seen the sequels?

EDIT: Ok.. damn, I didn't review anything.. -_-
  • brian6brian6 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭
    X-Men: First Class: 9.5/10
    This movie is really enjoyable and badass! Got the Target exclusive!
    Im getting Thor, at best buy :)
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im getting Thor, at best buy :)
    Amazing, amazing film. ENJOY!
    By the way, have you read Mockingjay yet?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE THOR! I'm gonna get it on September 13th, if I'm back from Hawaii...-.-
    Morse, i know thor is the best. And not yet ive only read 2 chapters :p

Btw i saw dh2 today for the last time at theaters :(
  • Cowboys & Aliens (2011, Jon Favreau) 2.5/5
    There's a line/phrase during the movie that describes it well: "The intentions were good". It's a shame that the movie is a mess, though. Specially the script.
    image image image
    ENVY

Had a great story, very few laughs (almost all the laughs are in the beginning)

It felt badly directed though.

6.5/10
    The ending of Knowing sucked.
  • Pensieve SeekerPensieve Seeker Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw Knowing today and give it a 6/10 score. It was an alright way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon, but I don't think I'd ever rent it again.
    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Pottermore user name: SilverQuest212
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    You kidding me? It was the best part!
    imageimageimage
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Rich, I didn't like it.
    ''102 Minute That Changed America''
    9.5/10
    Emotional and interesting documentary composed of amateur film from the 9/11 New York Attacks. The videos and the noises really were incredible as well as sad. I shed many tears.
    Mysterious thing time.
    Scarface

9/10

"BRILLIANT" :)
    I think a lot of people didn't like it because it was so different. But it was great. It was really emotional, sans Nick Cage's awful crying. The embrace with the family silently as the solar flare destroyed earth, and the awe-inspiring new planet with the religious connections: angels, Ezekiel's wheel, rabbits, dressed in white, giant tree, etc. Really visionary stuff.

imageimageimage
    edited September 2011
    THOR - 90%
    --------------------------------------------

After watching this film
    multiple times all I can
    say is this "THOR is a
    GROWER".

With this AMAZING cast
    the film carries a unique
    vibe that distinguishes from
    other Superhero productions.

During my third viewing I
    noticed how spectacular
    the art-design truly is,
    and the amazing structure
    that holds the film together.

Changing from Asgard to
    Earth so frequently could
    have been a total disaster-
    but Mr. "Gilderoy Lockhart"
    did a hell of a job executing
    it. BRAVO.

As a closing note I want to say this:
    Thor has got heart, emotion,
    action, spectacular visuals, and
    great humor- making it one of
    my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITES
    "Superhero Films" of all time!

G.G.
    THOR - 90%
    --------------------------------------------

After watching this film
    multiple times all I can
    say is this "THOR is a
    GROWER".

During my third viewing I
    noticed how spectacular
    the art-design truly is,
    and the amazing structure
    that holds the film together.

Changing from Asgard to
    Earth so frequently could
    have been a total disaster-
    but Mr. "Gilderoy Lockhart"
    did a hell of a job executing
    it. BRAVO.

As a closing note I wan to say this:
    Thor has got heart, emotion,
    action, spectacular visuals, and
    great humor- making it one of
    my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITES
    "Superhero Films" of all time!

G.G.
    ^:)^
  • Pensieve SeekerPensieve Seeker Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    After not having seen it for quite a few years, I decided to rent out Splash last night-- a charming comedy that's still enjoyable as ever with Tom Hanks, Darryl Hannah, Eugene Levy, and the late, great John Candy.

8.5/10
    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Pottermore user name: SilverQuest212
    I think a lot of people didn't like it because it was so different. But it was great. It was really emotional, sans Nick Cage's awful crying. The embrace with the family silently as the solar flare destroyed earth, and the awe-inspiring new planet with the religious connections: angels, Ezekiel's wheel, rabbits, dressed in white, giant tree, etc. Really visionary stuff.

This is just a personal thing, but I was tired with biblical endings. They just became overly repetitive that it became annoying.
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    THE EAGLE

The Eagle is about a commander named Marcus and he is put on honorable discharge. He is granted a slave named Esca. Both of them go on a journey to where a stolen metal eagle is which signifies their Rome. They need to bring it back to the rightful place. But they are captured and Esca says Marcus is his slave. This is where i'll stop from giving spoilers but the ending is awesome.

Channing Tatum and Jamie Bell are in this movie. I don't really like Channing Tatums acting in other movies but he was so good in this. Jamie Bell played Esca and he really convinced me of his role and made me really hate him. The film has amazing music that are like strings but just a few bars of uncomfort. The Eagle is action packed and I reccomend this movie to everyone.

8/10
    Contagion - 6/10

I'm too tired to do a review now, so tomorrow I will :p
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now love the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. I love the innocence of Anakin in TPM and how he completely loses it all in RotS. I'd rank RoTs as my favorite Star Wars movie.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    I now love the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. I love the innocence of Anakin in TPM and how he completely loses it all in RotS. I'd rank RoTs as my favorite Star Wars movie.
    Yeah, same. I'd say ROTS is my favorite too. The overall plot and filmaking of it made it an amazing movie. A very nice close to the saga.
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, same. I'd say ROTS is my favorite too. The overall plot and filmaking of it made it an amazing movie. A very nice close to the saga.
    Order 66 is perhaps the best moment in the entire series.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
    2012: 6/10 (rewatch)

This film could've been so good had the main family storyline not have been in it. Instead, it's forced to become a guilty pleasure popcorn flick with horrible, laughable dialogue. Had the main family been cut out, it could've been given room to grow and breathe as a struggling epic about humans fighting for their lives. But instead, no. I still enjoy it, although the main family characters annoy the hell out of me, but the VFX are incredible and other than the main family, the acting is solid, so it's a nice popcorn guilty pleasure. I love how it is so over the top.
    imageimageimage
    edited September 2011
    Children of Men:
    My god, what an amazing film. The cinematography is
    phenomenal and so is Clive Owens performance. Alfonso
    Cuaron wrote and directed the hell out of this film. To
    think this was a loosely adapted film.

P.S - If only he directed the series.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20259527,00.html#20575494
    Mysterious thing time.
    The Beaver - 3/5

- Story about Mel Gibson is depressed(by illness) so in the beginning he tries to choke himself but he doesn't succeed, but he finds this Beaver Puppet, it's a bit funny actually, and he isn't as depressed when he's holding the puppet in his hand, so it starts to affect his family, and the acting is pretty great, and it's a bit of tragic story, really. It is also pretty emotional, I think it's a pretty good film to pick up from a movie store. Except, I believe somebody has told me The Beaver gives Mel Gibson a....ehhhh...(blowjob). And I never saw it in the movie, maybe I missed it. :/
  • Have you guys seen
    Vampire Hunter D ? I LOVE it. It was so awesome, and I cried at the end ;o
    Photobucket
  • kaileyelisabethkaileyelisabeth Posts: 662 ✭✭
    The Lion King in 3D - 5/5

OH MY GOD.
    I don't usually like 3D, but this was absolutely breathtaking. Everything was perfect. I just really wish they would have used the old 90s Disney logo instead of the new crappy one.
    Photobucket
  • PotterFan_649PotterFan_649 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    OK so i just got from seeing an ADVANCE SCREENING of MONEYBALL!!! It was a really well made film. Great acting and chemistry between Brad and Jonah, amazing camera shots, an interesting story and really good dialogue. I recommend you see it!! 8/10. WAIT!!! The best part was that they showed us an exclusive 8 minute sneak peek of...The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo!!!! OMG!!! I was freaking out!! The movie looks incredible, and the trailer spoiled nothing even though it was really long. At the end everyone just said WOW. It looked intense. I also got a freee Hunger Games poster :D Great Night and if you have an questions don't be afraid to ask :) i will remeber what i can.
    Proud Member of Gryffindor!
    image imageimage

OH MY GOD.
    I don't usually like 3D, but this was absolutely breathtaking. Everything was perfect. I just really wish they would have used the old 90s Disney logo instead of the new crappy one.

100% agreed
    Drive - 8.5/10 - Very good movie, the cast was great at acting, and it was quite enjoyable, but the first half hour kinda bored me, but then it got better, and I was alot more interested. Too lazy to post a full review.

OH MY GOD.

100% agreed
    100% agreed X2
    no one has any questions or comments??
    image imageimage
    OK so i just got from seeing an ADVANCE SCREENING of MONEYBALL!!! It was a really well made film. Great acting and chemistry between Brad and Jonah, amazing camera shots, an interesting story and really good dialogue. I recommend you see it!! 8/10. WAIT!!! The best part was that they showed us an exclusive 8 minute sneak peek of...The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo!!!! OMG!!! I was freaking out!! The movie looks incredible, and the trailer spoiled nothing even though it was really long. At the end everyone just said WOW. It looked intense. I also got a freee Hunger Games poster :D Great Night and if you have an questions don't be afraid to ask :) i will remeber what i can.
    Wally Pfister cinematography.

\m/
    imageimageimage
    Ok so it's about the GM of the Oakland athletics who's team doesn't have a lot of money for good players. After he loses 3 of the best players he finds a guy(Hill) who majored in economics. They used his theory to change the game. Pay less money and earn good players that were underrated.
    image imageimage
    Now the GWTDT looks incredible
    image imageimage
    HAS ANYONE EVER OF THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO!!!!
    image imageimage
  • Final Destination 5 (Steve Quale, 2011) 3/5
    First of all, I must confess that I'm a huge fan of the series. I've always thought that watching stereotyped characters dying in the most bizarre ways is funny and entertaining. Unfortunately, the 4th one was a huge let down and disappointment because we missed one of the best qualities of the movies: its creativity. I admit that I had low expectations about this one but... I was surprised. They brought the exaggeration and the absurdity back, and now with real and cool 3D effects (another thing that the 4th one didn't have). It's true that it gets kind of stupid and silly with the new type o twist. But the essence is there. And, I'm glad that I had an freakin entertaining time watching it :D
    image image image
    Rick, come to chat, buddy!
    imageimageimage
  • Im coming! :D
    image image image
  • Contagion (Steven Soderbergh, 2011) 4.5/5
    Thankfully to its real and plausible atmosphere, Contagion is a mesmerizing and remarkable thriller with stellar performances. One of the the year's best!
    image image image
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Edgar Wright) 4/5:
    A visually dazzling film with some strong performances. Romantic, comedic, dramatic - a perfect blend of everything (not to mention multiple books).
    Mysterious thing time.
    The Addams Family (Barry Sonnenfield) 4/5
    I've always loved this film! It's full of great acting, beautiful costumes, and nice set designs. Halloween favorite!
    Mysterious thing time.
  • TheGouvTheGouv Posts: 11
    Paranormal Activity- 8/10
    Never Let Me Go - 89%
    Brilliant direction, amazing performances, beautiful visuals and score
    make "Never Let Me Go" fall into the "must-watch" category. My only
    complaint would be that the film ends kind of abruptly.

GO WATCH THIS FILM NOW!
    (Bring some tissues, though)

G.G.
    BTW, Carey Mulligan is AMAZING.
    Throughout the whole second act,
    she reminded me of Hermione :')

G.G.