Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Rate/Review the Last Movie or TV Show You Watched

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    its good but extremely confusing. one time viewing for me...lol

• Easy A (2010, Will Gluck) - 4/5

Sometimes, it looks and sounds familiar, but overall, I was so glad that I watched a heart warming and funny high school comedy with an amazing performance by Emma Stone. Honestly? I had a blast!
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • brian6brian6 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭
    Emma Stone is my celebrity crush! :p
    Loved her in Zombieland and Superbad!
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10
  • MayFruitMayFruit Posts: 333
    Django (1966) 6/10

This movie was so popular at that time, there are rumored to be over 100 unofficial sequels. I watched it as a child (I probably shouldn't due to some graphic violence) and I remember loving it. So I decided to watch it again as an adult and unfortunately the 'magic' has gone, but I can still understand why it has influenced many spaghetti western films to this day. So, if you just want to watch some entertaining movie without thinking too much, then you should rent this one.
    Expect the unoriginal and vastly overrated Tarantino to replicate many things in it with his new movie.
    I heard about it. I don't mind Tarantino, but from the way they describe, the remake sounds like totally different movie at all. Why not just making a completely NEW film? I don't get it.

Accio Alan Rickman

Wah-wah! Here comes the sun http://www.miedy.com/ (my personal website)
  • Melancholia (2011, Lars Von Trier) - 4/5
    Once again, I had this terrible headache after watching a Trier's movie. A headache in a good way. It's amazing the deep the director concieves to the characters. The best movies are the ones that you can feel, empathize or even identify with the characters. A good screenwriter or movie director is the one who can transfer their dramas to the audience. And Lars Von Trier succeeds one more time. Kirsten Dunst is amazing over here and you even ask yourself if she's a great actress or if that her real life behavior. The narrative is not as interesting as the others movies directed by him, and the second and final act of the movie flows much better than the first one. As for the famous prologue, I rather Antichirst one. Don't get me wrong, but in Antichrist, there's a reason why the slow motion is used. Over here, it's just used to contemplation purposes. Still, it's a really great film, with some poignant performances and with a stunning end.
    image image image
  • Tomorrow I'm watching Super 8! And, Tree of Life on sunday.

A weekend at the movies :D
    image image image
    I can't wait to see Melancholia. Lars Von Trier is one of a kind and he's not a Hollywood typical director.

Anyway, last movie I've seen was Wing Chun (1994) and I gave it 1/10

It's hard to believe this one is from 1994, It was more like 1974. It was extremely bad in many ways. So cheesy, stupid, and I was shocked to learn that the guy who direct this movie was the same guy who did choreography for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Matrix, maybe he should just stay as choreographer.
    Accio Alan Rickman

• I highly reccomend, MayFruit! Specially if you enjoyed his previous movies :D
    image image image
    Thanks. I plan to do so, though I have to wait until the DVD comes out. Enjoy your "Super 8". I really love it, it's a fun movie and lighthearted, well compare to Von Trier work of course :)
    Accio Alan Rickman

• AbhishekAbhishek Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Just woke up guys. :) Everybody enjoy their movies. :-D
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ABHI!!! GOOD MORNING TO U
    Going to see 30 minutes or less soon. Doesn't look like a great film, but still looks fun.
  • brian6brian6 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭
    Renting Source Code sometime this week!
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you liked Melancholia, Henrick. I can't wait to see it! I saw Super 8 today.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Glad you liked Melancholia, Henrick. I can't wait to see it! I saw Super 8 today.
    WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK

imageimageimage
    Oh yeah, I forgot the review part LOL. Well I'm with LC, I thought it was fantastic, the young cast were great, it was suspenseful, entertaining, had a lot of heart. Though the ending didn't bother me much, I didn't think it was too bad at all. On a side note, here the film has a family rating and I was shocked by the amount of language and mature content in the film, there were a lot of young children watching it too with their parents. Ah well lol. Probably my second favourite summer film, after Part 2.
  • Marie_AnetteMarie_Anette Posts: 3,506
    Super 8 was fun, but I wasn't very much into the alien plot twist :))
    that stuff kinda turns me off
    but it was fun, nonetheless.
    Photobucket
    Yeah I understand, though I already knew it was an alien months ago because I accidentally read a spoiler lol. But yeah it was fun :)
    Yay, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, it's up there as one of my favorite summer movies:

1. Part 2
    2. Super 8
    3. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    4. Crazy, Stupid, Love
    5. Transformers 3
    imageimageimage
    Yay, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, it's up there as one of my favorite summer movies:

1. Part 2
    2. Super 8
    4. Crazy, Stupid, Love
    5. Transformers 3
    Can't have seen many movies if T3 is in your top 5 :p

I like Super 8, but it's not all that great imo...
    Have any of you guys seen Love and other drugs?
    It seemed interesting enough when I read the synopsis
    Photobucket

1. Part 2
    2. Super 8
    4. Crazy, Stupid, Love
    5. Transformers 3
    Can't have seen many movies if T3 is in your top 5 :p

I like Super 8, but it's not all that great imo...
    Lmfao, I feel like I saw a lot, Transformers 3 was an atrocious film but it was still one of my faves of the summer, it was so damn mindblowing. :))

imageimageimage
  • Super 8 (2011, J.J. Abrams) 4/5
    It had been a while that I didn't get such a nostalgic feeling at the movies. I felt that I really travelled to the 80's. And, honestly? I had a blast. Super 8 is everything what a summer blockbuster should, or try to, be. The intersperse of genres works really well. You have thrills, great action sequences, a lot of funny and heartwarming moments. And what a great job J.J. Abrams did directing those kids. Elle Fanning is one of the most promising actress of the decade, delivering an impressive performance carried with strong emotional substance. There are a lot of remarkable moments, specially the last sequence. Although, the movie stands far from perfection. I thought the first act was far more interesting than the last two, and, once again, J.J. Abrams proves he's a better director than a screenwriter. The dialog is not that great, and it gets really cheesy sometimes and even the way that everything's explained seems kinda over the top. But, despite minor issues, Super 8 is indeed a great blockbuster flick that everyone should check on the big screen.
    image image image
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super 8 (2011, J.J. Abrams) 4/5
    It had been a while that I didn't get such a nostalgic feeling at the movies. I felt that I really travelled to the 80's. And, honestly? I had a blast. Super 8 is everything what a summer blockbuster should, or try to, be. The intersperse of genres works really well. You have thrills, great action sequences, a lot of funny and heartwarming moments. And what a great job J.J. Abrams did directing those kids. Elle Fanning is one of the most promising actress of the decade, delivering an impressive performance carried with strong emotional substance. There are a lot of remarkable moments, specially the last sequence. Although, the movie stands far from perfection. I thought the first act was far more interesting than the last two, and, once again, J.J. Abrams proves he's a better director than a screenwriter. The dialog is not that great, and it gets really cheesy sometimes and even the way that everything's explained seems kinda over the top. But, despite minor issues, Super 8 is indeed a great blockbuster flick that everyone should check on the big screen.
    Yay! You finally saw it! :D
    Super 8... it's such a great movie. Maybe my second favorite movie of 2011 after DH2. Those kids are talented! Especially Elle Fanning.
    Accio Alan Rickman

1979, so close enough to the 80s, lol.
    imageimageimage
  • HPFan4everHPFan4ever Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    rise of the apes - 8/10
    prom - 7/10
    cowboys and aliens - 6/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    visit my blog!
    www.mediahype101.blogspot.com (tv shows/reviews)
  • im gonna watch rise of the planet of the apes now everyone liked it, seems interesting :-?
  • Planet of the Apes - 9/10
  • CarneCarne Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Super 8 - 8/10: The movie was really good, but towards the end it turned into a typical Hollywood movie.
    The Departed - 9/10: Watched it a couple of years ago, then re-watched it today. Oh Lord, did not remember all those deaths :P
  • Super 8 - 8/10: The movie was really good, but towards the end it turned into a typical Hollywood movie.
    Something that bothered me a bit was that scene between Joe and the monster. I don't why J.J. Abrams forgot that less is more.
    image image image
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    felton plays the jerk role so well

but he can also play the conflicted bad guy role beautifully too
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    golf movie?
    that sounds entertaining lol
    Photobucket
    30 minutes or less - 5/10

That's the grading of it as an actual film. On the 'just want to see a movie to fuck around with the buds and needing a good laugh,' it's like an 8 :p
    Boy, you sure did monkey around with your movies yesterday, LC. B-)
    imageimageimage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2011
    The Tree of Life (2011, Terrence Malick) 5/5
    I'm still without words. I don't remember when I was touched so deeply at the movies. In a moment, I realized that tears were running on my face just because I was admiring those mesmerizing images. This is sensorial cinema. Contemplation. I don't know what I should say more. This movie questioned me, questioned my faith, all I understand about life on earth. The Tree of Life is long, pretentious, boring, emotional, sensorial, wonderful, beautiful, terrific and also a masterpiece.

Unless you love your life will flash by
    image image image
    @Henrick I want to see that movie so badly!! It doesn't seem to be up in theaters here anytime soon....
    Do you have a link to watch it?
    Photobucket
  • I watched at the movies, Marie. And everyone should watch on a big screen! :D
    image image image
    Unfortunately, no chance that I can see it at the cinema :[ I just saw that release date was 27th of May. It was never on screen here.
    Photobucket
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toy Story 3 - 4/4

One of the best movies of 2010. The animation is flawless and Pixar's storytelling is excellent as always in this story about growing up and doing what's best for the common good.
  • AllStar87AllStar87 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    The Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10

This movie blew me away. At first I thought "this looks lame" and "it won't have a promising plot that will keep me interested" but I was quite wrong. Everybody's reaction to the movie on the forum was astounding and I decided to give it a try. Planet of the Apes was great from the acting, music, and visuals. James Franco has always been a favorite of mine ever since playing Harry Osbourne and he shined in this movie. I hated Tom Felton in this and he convinced me to believe he was a disgusting and cruel human being which means he's doing his job as an actor. Now the soundtrack was unbelievably awesome because of its percussion and the suspensful thrill of a forshadow that will be coming up, building cresendos. It shows you how good this movie is because I actually got connected to the lead ape, Ceasar. I felt so sad for him during the whole movie as with Will's dad, he suddenly became a true character that I thought about. I strongly suggest seeing this!
  • Awesome review, Chris!
    image image image
    Jack the Giant Killer (1962)
    7/10
    It was so awful and ridiculous that... It ended up being incredibly amusing.
    Accio Alan Rickman

Planet of the apes- 9/10

one of the best of the year right close to super 8 and thor in my book. Definitely a must see!

I loved the apes and the story was amazing as well. the acting was top notch.
  • LizLiz Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭✭
    Glee 3D 8.5/10
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 3 top favorites of the year.
    1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    3. Super 8. :)
    Planet of the apes- 9/10

one of the best of the year right close to super 8 and thor in my book.
    Um, did you forget Potter?
    Potter is above all of these so... LOL
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Orphan:
    It wasn't what I thought it would be but it was a good scare and I was entertained.
    7.5/10
    Mysterious thing time.
  • Toy Story 3 - 4/4

One of the best movies of 2010. The animation is flawless and Pixar's storytelling is excellent as always in this story about growing up and doing what's best for the common good.
    TS3 has nothing on HTTYD for 2010 animated movies. That oscar was stolen. lol.