Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The wierd baby in book seven

werthymanwerthyman Posts: 16
edited June 2009 in Books
in book seven when harry dies there is a baby that dumbledore tells him he cant help. what is the point of it?

Comments

• Wilbo421Wilbo421 Posts: 1,157
    It's Voldemort's soul. Twisted, mutilated, weak.
  • keetkeet Posts: 600
    Ohhh i hadn't realised it was Voldemorts soul
  • Me neither. I thought it had something to do with Voldemort though, sort of a hinter, I suppose.
  • HP_addict23HP_addict23 Posts: 270
    hey , Wilbo421, is it really voldemort's soul ?
    cool..
  • ginny-x-wginny-x-w Posts: 64
    yes - it is :-)
  • 7hbk57hbk5 Posts: 10
    how did u find out or how did u know it was voldemorts soul??
  • SinganddanceSinganddance Posts: 5
    edited August 2009
    If it's not obvious to the reader that it's Voldemort's soul, Harry says it right out when he tells Riddle during the last duel "I've seen what you'll become," or something to that effect, and encourages Riddle to try for some remorse. He's referring to the weird baby.
  • exactly it is his soul and harry does refer to it in the battle when he talks to riddle and says ive seen what you will become i love that part in the book Voldemort still doesn't get it and it just shows that he could never defeat harry he is pure evil and doesn't consider the facts only thinks of himself!!!
  • Wilbo421Wilbo421 Posts: 1,157
    [quote=7hbk5]how did u find out or how did u know it was voldemorts soul?? [/quote]

A few things. First of all, I just assumed it at the time of reading the section in the book (does Dumbledore not say anything about it? I can't remember). Second, like the people have said, Harry says something about it to Voldemort. And lastly, Jo Rowling herself has confirmed it.
  • xeraphxeraph Posts: 102
    edited August 2009
    The helpless body was Voldemort's soul.

Remember that Harry himself was a horcrux, by accident Voldemort made Harry his last Horcrux without knowing. So Voldemort killed the part that was living inside Harry (thats why Harry's scar always prickled when Voldemort was around or hurted when Voldemort had emotional spurts). Dumbledore must've foreseen it. He knew Harry would go to Voldemort to save the others and that Voldemort would kill Harry. But Voldemort would actually be destroying an unknown horcrux of his. At the end of book seven, when Harry had kids, it mentioned that his scar had not hurt for 19 years not since the Voldemort inside him died.

There were 7 horcruxes - 1)Tom Riddles Diary 2) The Gaunts ring 3) The Necklace 4) Helga Hufflepuffs cup 5) Ravenclaws diadem 6) Nagini 7) Harry
  • Hahahaha LMAO wut

This forum is so weird sometimes. A new member signs up and answer a thread from almost 4 years ago that has already been answered. Hahahahaha
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I don't understand how or why. Regardless of whether or not they feel apt to participate in current discussion, why would anyone want to hunt down a random thread from like 400 pages ago? LOL
    imageimageimage
  • Well. But the thread is 4 years old. None of those users are here anymore. And I think that you could assume that, by now, we all now that.
    image image image
  • You are in a FORUM, a public place for social interaction. If you want to do stuff here for your "own" satisfaction, you have no point of being a part of this place.
    image image image
  • Your behavior is not very appropriate for a new member of a forum, just saying. If you are here to meet people, make friends and/or participate in peaceful discussions, you have already started with the wrong foot.
    image image image
  • For your information, you're talking with one of the 6 users that post the most here. I'm not an admin, but a Prefect/Moderator and yes, I do find your behavior inappropriate. So my suggestion is that you take my opinion into account as I'm one of the most frequent users here that has also some managing privileges and can directly contact an admin. My point is that your post wasn't necessary, as @Aaron, one of ours admin, also agreed. So stop being arrogant, because for almost everybody in this forum, you are just a stranger for now.
    image image image
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey whats going on? aren,t we suppossed to be welcoming to all new users?
  • Nick said:

hey whats going on? aren,t we suppossed to be welcoming to all new users?

If they want to be welcome, always Nick. But arrogance and sassiness are not exactly something to welcome in this forum.
    image image image
    oh i see i wasn,t aware of the full content of the conversastion with this newbie but yea after reading the above posts i completely agree.
    wow
  • First of all, I didn't laugh at you. I laughed at the situation. Specially because is some thing very common that happens here: new users sign up and revive 4 year old threads with no need. I didn't mean to laugh at you, but at the situation, as I still don't understand why someone would register in this forum and revive a 4 years old thread. And you can be sure that I am enjoying "my time on this earth".

Sometimes I have to control myself to not to curse. Honestly.
    image image image
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Aequus156 said:

I believe I have done nothing wrong, I haven't done anything to hurt anyone, and I have argued that I felt the post was necessary as I wished to give an input, which is what the whole point of this forum is. You can contact admins as much as you like, you can accuse my behaviour as being "inappropriate" as much as you like (though that point of view goes right above me: I have know idea why doing exactly what this forum was built for is inappropriate), and you can parade the fact that you're a "frequent user" all you like but I think that the one whose behaviour is inappropriate is yours as you have started an argument for no reason at all, and you have laughed at me for no reason that I find funny, which is definably bullying - something that I think is seen as far worse on this forum that posting on a four-year-old discussion that seems now to be relatively new. I have said all I wish to you - don't expect another reply. Enjoy the remainder of your time on this earth - fellow "Harry Potter fan". :-h

Your input on this topic is not relevant as the users who asked the question are no longer here. It honestly doesn't matter whose satisfaction you commented for, the bumping of threads from years ago is unnecessary, irritating and a bit of an annoyance. If you truly only answered for your satisfaction, then it shouldn't be any trouble to simply keep your answers to yourself, as nobody from the thread is around anymore. Newbies often bump old threads, and it's really nothing serious, but it clogs up the flow of new/currently existing threads, so don't do it please.
    imageimageimage
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, they're new here, and I don't see anything in any threads that would tell newbies outright NOT to bump extremely old threads. How could they know before they did it?
  • Cathy97Cathy97 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    This is going to sound logical: Why not close the old threads?
  • Exactly, they're new here, and I don't see anything in any threads that would tell newbies outright NOT to bump extremely old threads. How could they know before they did it?

Have you ever heard of something called common sense? If no one has posted in the thread in 4 years, why would someone post? That's why I thought it was funny, because it's make no sense at all. Being "new" is not an excuse. It's the same thing if I went to IMDB, found a thread from 2009 in one of the boards and post and discuss.

image image image
  • Besides, this new guy comes in, and even start flagging posts. Like.. Seriously? Are you here to make friends or what?
    image image image
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Henrick said:

It's the same thing if I went to IMDB, found a thread from 2009 in one of the boards and post and discuss.

On most of the popular boards, this isn't possible anymore. Most of them you're lucky to find a post six months old.

Back in '09, hell even '10 and '11 on this board, Harry Potter was still the major discussion... 95% of topics had to do with Harry Potter. This is a Harry Potter forum and all newbies who come to this board come here because of Harry Potter... nowadays we're lucky to get 15-20% of our topics about Harry Potter, and most of the time it is just about the actors of Harry Potter in new roles. For someone new that joins this board because of Harry Potter, and want to discuss Harry Potter, they're going to look for Harry Potter stuff, and when they can't start topics on their own, they have to look for topics...

Tell me, if this new person revived a topic from say 3-6 months ago when there were still a lot of good topics about Harry Potter, would you still be upset about it as you would about a topic from 2009?
  • Cathy97Cathy97 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Henrick said:

It's the same thing if I went to IMDB, found a thread from 2009 in one of the boards and post and discuss.

On most of the popular boards, this isn't possible anymore. Most of them you're lucky to find a post six months old.

On Dan's board the oldest post is from mid-Oct 2012 and it's the same on Emma's.

• SlanteeSlantee Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭
    You guys seriously need to chill. Welcome Aequus.
    So a new member joins the forum, flips through the first few pages and finds nothing related to Harry Potter. So he goes back a few pages and looks for a topic that interests him, and contributes. I see nothing wrong with that.
  • Slantee said:

So a new member joins the forum, flips through the first few pages and finds nothing related to Harry Potter. So he goes back a few pages and looks for a topic that interests him, and contributes. I see nothing wrong with that.

A few pages? You mean... a thousand pages.
    image image image
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Guys give this new member a break. The forum is dying as it is and youre kicking ppl out by getting on their ass. Come on.
  • And @Aaron couldn't explain better why we laughed at this. I'm going to even re-post what he said. Because it is totally true.

Your input on this topic is not relevant as the users who asked the question are no longer here. It honestly doesn't matter whose satisfaction you commented for, the bumping of threads from years ago is unnecessary, irritating and a bit of an annoyance. If you truly only answered for your satisfaction, then it shouldn't be any trouble to simply keep your answers to yourself, as nobody from the thread is around anymore.
    image image image
  • Richard said:

Guys give this new member a break. The forum is dying as it is and youre kicking ppl out by getting on their ass. Come on.

Nobody got on their ass. If you follow, I laughed. And then the user got pissed and started with arrogance, talking about self-satisfaction and stuff.

image image image
    Still it wasnt handled right there are more respectful ways to say things.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Henrick said:

And @Aaron couldn't explain better why we laughed at this. I'm going to even re-post what he said. Because it is totally true.

Your input on this topic is not relevant as the users who asked the question are no longer here. It honestly doesn't matter whose satisfaction you commented for, the bumping of threads from years ago is unnecessary, irritating and a bit of an annoyance. If you truly only answered for your satisfaction, then it shouldn't be any trouble to simply keep your answers to yourself, as nobody from the thread is around anymore.

omg who cares lol. I too thought it was weird that they went to a thread from 4 years ago and responded to it, but all this nonsense plus "you are starting off on the wrong foot" is ridiculous. it's a Harry Potter forum lol calm down it's not like any of this actually matters
  • Tell me where I disrespect the new user. Because I didn't disrespect anyone. We were just advising.
    image image image
    If I bumped a thread from years ago Im sure no one would say shit so why to this poor fellow?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Well, no one would say anything because you wouldn't do something like that. And if you did, it would be for a good reason. :D
    image image image
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that you're being disrespectful. it's that you're being a bit abrasive to a new member just because they didn't follow the apparent standard code of conduct we apparently have about threads. i'm just saying, is it really necessary.
  • TheDoctor said:

Henrick said:

And @Aaron couldn't explain better why we laughed at this. I'm going to even re-post what he said. Because it is totally true.

omg who cares lol. I too thought it was weird that they went to a thread from 4 years ago and responded to it, but all this nonsense plus "you are starting off on the wrong foot" is ridiculous. it's a Harry Potter forum lol calm down it's not like any of this actually matters
    Honestly? The dude says: "I'm here for my own satisfaction, no one's else"? That's pretty arrogant and selfish. This is a forum. I was just giving advice.
    image image image
    Ok guys whats done is done
    Henrick said:

The dude says: "I'm here for my own satisfaction, no one's else"? That's pretty arrogant and selfish. This is a forum. I was just giving advice.

Well, I'm here for my own satisfaction too. I think we all are. I mean, I signed up because it was ME who wanted to keep myself updated on the upcoming Harry Potter films and books, not because I wanted to 'satisfy' a member, whatever that means.

May I ask why you joined Henrick?
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    All I saw at the beginning of the thread was Rick being a jerk to the new member. Like everyone else has pointed out already, it doesn't harm you the fact that he bumped an old thread. All this fuss for nothing. Seriously Henrick.
  • Funny enough, @Aaron and I laughed at the situation and only myself is being picked for doing that. Wow. This is amusing.
    image image image
  • Getting really tired of people being against me in this forum. Getting tired of being offended, cursed and being pointed as the villain. And funny enough, it's always the same users. I'm not going to stress over it, but stop for a while and rethink your attitude. Maybe you guys take this place too seriously. We had a new member, I laughed at something. That's all. As Richard said, what is done is done.

AND FOR CHRIST SAKE. THAT FUCKIG TAYLOR SWIFT THREAD WASN'T EVEN MY CREATION! Stop throwing that in my fucking myself and let me enjoy what I like. Stop turning this into something personal. This is freaking bullshit.

image image image
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick, I was not 'picking' you. If you think this is me offending and cursing you, you truly don't understand the idea of having discussions. I was only pointing out to you that I don't agree. The Taylor Swift thread was an example, I have no problem with it, I personally even love the thread. I think anyone should be able to create or bump threads or talk about what they feel like talking about, as long as it's appropriate of course, as they please. If you don't want to be offended, then don't offend another member. The reason I directed my post to you, is because you went on about it. When I first saw someone had commented on a discussion that was long ago finished, I laughed a little too, but that's still an ok thing for them to do.

I am a little hurt by the words 'rethink your attitude', because I feel like I stood up for someone you hurt, so I think it's the other way around and you should think about your attitude. Like you said, there's no point stressing over this, but you shouldn't say things like that.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I will say, is that while many of our "newbie" members have previously came along and laughably and annoyingly posted in a "dead" thread with nothing more than something as pointless as "I agree" our newest is hardly doing that. They are adding their opinion, albeit to a very old thread. Still, they're doing so in a respectable manner. I get your point, Rick, and I get your point, Lola. But, in this case, Rick, I'd say they are alright in doing what they're doing. That's it. I see no reason to continue on this. Only, perhaps, if we feel like we have something to add to the original topic, we do that. I see no point in fighting.

Nobody is against you, Rick. Know that.

Lord Stafford.
    seriously whats done is done lets all move on please. this conversastion is going in circles and nothing is going to get resolved.
This discussion has been closed.