Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - Official Thread

haley11haley11 Posts: 420
edited February 2015 in General
Well, that website is expired now....

GO HUNGER GAMES! yayy :))

Post edited by Richard on

Comments

• AllyAlly Posts: 49
    Read Kite Runner. It'd definitely a mind altering novel
  • haley11haley11 Posts: 420
    i've read it... lol

but thanks anyway!
  • AllyAlly Posts: 49
    Did you like it??
    Very sad. . . but it was a really good book.. so yes :)

did you?
  • acciohpacciohp Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭
    What exactly is hunger ganes about? Wondering if I should read it
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Everyone says the books are good, so I'm going to give them a try. They're on my list of books to read anyway haha.
    edited January 2011
    What exactly is hunger ganes about? Wondering if I should read it
    It's about a 16-year-old girl named Katniss Everdeen, who becomes a tribute in the annual event called "The Hunger Games".

It's set in the future, in a country called Panem which is located in the previous North America. "in the past" all of the countries were at war with each other and destroyed one another.

Panem consists of 12 districts, and is run by "The Capitol" which is their dictating government. anyway.. the Capitol hosts The Hunger Games as a reminder of how things use to be, and that they are in control and all of Panem better follow their ways.

The Hunger Games= They take one boy and one girl from the ages of 12-18 from each district to compete in these games for the fight to the death. The last one standing wins. So they're all forced to kill each other in an arena they create each year. The games are fillmed and brodcasted through out all of Panem...

So the story is basically about rebelling against the Capitol. It's pretty awesome if you ask me... The Hunger Games is my 2nd favorite series under HP...

and even though it's through a 16-year-old girl's perspective.. it's not all mushy and lame like twilight. . . I made my brothers and my dad read it, and they loved it. so yea. . . however there is a love story (of course) but it's not bad. . .
  • acciohpacciohp Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting. How many books in the series?
    1- The Hunger Games
    2- Catching Fire
    3- Mockingjay
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    cool!! i´ll check it out! this is the first one right??
    by the way have u read THE MAZE RUNNER?? You guys should is fking amazing!! 3 books as wellbut the third hasnt still been released...this october...and im dying waiting for it!!!!
    Hope you like it!
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Alfonso Cuaron would be perfect at directing the first one.
    imageimageimage
    Ya, that's the first. . .

i've seen the maze runner at barnes&noble.. thought about buying it but wasn't sure..

i forget what it's about though . . ?
    Gary Ross is aaron . . .

and i hated seabiscuit but whatever . . .
    I love the Hunger Game series. I'm actually not that big of a fan of Mockingjay, but the first two are awesome. The arena stuff is wonderfully done, and I loved the clock idea in the second book. I cannot wait to see how it is portrayed in the movie. Hope it is a a better adaptation than Eragon.
    Ya i hope so too...

I feel like Suzanne Collins has a lot of say in what goes in the movie.. and she IS writing the screen play.. so that's good. I feel like she'll take charge, and she created it so i think it will be good!!

I know Haley, but have you seen Children of Men? It gives off that perfect post-apocalyptic, dystopian feel.
    imageimageimage

i've seen the maze runner at barnes&noble.. thought about buying it but wasn't sure..

the maze runner is about this kid named thomas who wakes up in an moving elevator and he arrives at this strange site named the glade....many kids live there, all of them sent there wihoith knowing why and wiht their memories being errased....and they live sorrounded by a huge maze of stone wich every day mocves it´s walls so theyve never find a way out...and things change when the first girl is sent to the glade....
    very interesting, thomas decides to be a runner, they search daily for an exit, and for that he must acces his memories and rememebr why and who sent them all there...
    very good plot.3 books

1.-. the maze runner
    2.- the scorch trials
    3- (tbr this october) the death cure
    strongly recomend it! :)
    Hope you like it!
    edited January 2011
    theyre ages 14 and around thomas is 16. its a teenager series
    Hope you like it!
    wow.. that sounds way good! thanks for the suggestion.
    i'm reading I Am Number Four right now... but i'll read that next and tell ya how i like it!
    :)
    I know Haley, but have you seen Children of Men? It gives off that perfect post-apocalyptic, dystopian feel.
    I have not... but what are you saying?

That sounds epic. P.S. Come to tinychat!
    imageimageimage
    I have not... but what are you saying?

I'm saying he provides the perfect feel for The Hunger Games, and the tone it gives off. He would be a great director.

imageimageimage

the maze runner is about this kid named thomas who wakes up in an moving elevator and he arrives at this strange site named the glade....many kids live there, all of them sent there wihoith knowing why and wiht their memories being errased....and they live sorrounded by a huge maze of stone wich every day mocves it´s walls so theyve never find a way out...and things change when the first girl is sent to the glade....
    very interesting, thomas decides to be a runner, they search daily for an exit, and for that he must acces his memories and rememebr why and who sent them all there...
    very good plot.3 books

1.-. the maze runner
    2.- the scorch trials
    3- (tbr this october) the death cure
    strongly recomend it! :)
    This sounds really good. But don't you think it should get it's own thread? *justsaying*
    it should!! but i still cant make threads :(
    if you´d be my guest! :)
    Hope you like it!
    and yes it is good! the whole first one is abouit discovering everyhting and it´s justat the end when they learn why they are there that the real plot of the saga comes out...that it really keeps you in a cliffhanger...the second one, well u already know things but there are still misteries, and the third one will rock!!
    Hope you like it!
    oh yes yes aaron . . i see what you're saying

that would be the perfect feel then . . too bad.
    Just finished Chapter 4 in The Hunger Games. But I already know the ending LOL.
    haha that sucks.. did someone ruin it for ya?

lol cheater!!!

do you like it though?
  • smiddysmiddy Posts: 82
    i bought the book a few weeks ago and haven't gotten around to it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    i knew youd like that ;)
    ^Yes. I'm really happy. She looks almost exactly how I think Katniss should look.
    edited February 2011
    http://mockingjay.net/2011/02/28/academy-award-nominated-set-decorator-larry-dias-hired-for-the-hunger-games/

Academy Award Nominated Set Decorator, Larry Dias, for ‘Hunger Games’
    He worked as a set dresser on TV programs and commercials before being hired as set decorator for the 1995 film “Unstrung Heroes.” Since then he’s been the set decorator on films including “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” and “The Last Airbender.”

Movie sets, his workplace, can be just about anywhere imagination and scripts take him. The job is all about collaborating with the director and film designer to find locations, color palettes, furniture styles and art to fill the space behind the actors.

“For instance, on ‘Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl,’ I decorated fantastic pirate ships as well as English military ships, a blacksmith shop, English streets and shops from the 1700s and an outrageous treasure cave for which I had over a million period gold coins minted,” Dias says.

“Inception” required Dias to decorate sets in six countries. Because very few computer-generated effects were used, Dias had to decorate everything, from a Japanese castle to fancy hotel rooms.

After “Inception” finished, Dias worked on “Battleship,” the film based on the board game. He’s currently working on the film version of “The Hunger Games,” the story of life in a post-apocalyptic world.
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jennifer Lawrence is now apparently in the running for Katniss. I could kind of see it if they dye her hair black and give her grey contacts.
    I'm hoping they just go with Steinfeld.
    WTF? I don't mind Josh that much(I was rooting for Hunter Parrish), but Liam Hemsworth as Gale? WTF is Gary Ross doing?
    What do you think about the choices?
    Josh for Peeta and Liam for Gale? Hmm......it seems like the roles should be switched, IMO. But I'll have to wait and see how it goes. I guess they're both okay. What has Liam Hemsworth been in?
    ^Oh okay. I knew I'd seen him in something before. He was alright in that movie. I still think the roles are backwards.
    Oh well.
    Now let's get Haymitch cast!!
    ^Oh okay. I knew I'd seen him in something before. He was alright in that movie. I still think the roles are backwards.
    Oh well.
    Now let's get Haymitch cast!!
    So you think Liam is better for Peeta?

:-))
    edited April 2011
    ^@ Jason: Why is that funny? Just on first glance of their pictures, Liam looks more like the Peeta I imagined in my head. I only remember Josh from 'Zathura' and 'Bridge to Terabithia', so he doesn't really fit Peeta to me. But like I said, I'll wait to see how they turn out in their roles.

@Fury: OMG!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Robert Downey Jr. as Haymitch! If only......
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Lol im watching due date
    ^@ Jason: Why is that funny? Just on first glance of their pictures, Liam looks more like the Peeta I imagined in my head. I only remember Josh from 'Zathura' and 'Bridge to Terabithia', so he doesn't really fit Peeta to me. But like I said, I'll wait to see how they turn out in their roles.

@Fury: OMG!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Robert Downey Jr. as Haymitch! If only......
    The idea of Liam acting as Peeta makes me laugh.

Josh kinda seems Peeta'ish' in this video:

I just hope if RDJ does play Haymitch, this movie doesn't turn out to be another Eragon, where one actor is the best thing in the movie.... In Eragon, it was Jeremy Irons.
    I agree there.

The idea of Liam acting as Peeta makes me laugh.
    Well, I've only seen him in one movie 'The Last Song', so that's all I have to go by. He just doesn't seem like Gale to me. *shrugs*

I wish Lionsgate would release some sort of screen test of Jennifer with Josh and Liam, so we can see why they chose them.
    ^I agree.
    edited April 2011
    Well I'm not, but it doesn't really matter since I hate Gale. :)
    LOL Who's butthurt?
    I'm like Jason, I don't care for Gale either.
    But Fury you're right, it's hard to see him in the role of Gale because of the only other role I've seen him in, which is why I think he'd be better for Peeta. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of these two in these roles. Maybe once more stuff starts to come out with these two actually in character, it'll be better. Don't get so upset.
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weirdly enough, I picture Josh Hutcherson as every character!
    When I read Percy Jackson, I pictured Percy as Josh Hutcherson!
    In at least three other books, I've pictured the lead character as him too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.