Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Welcome to HPF: Rules and Announcement Thread

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Hey ROB! WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! screenrant is tha shit. so isthis place ;)
  • Cyber-LogicCyber-Logic Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Greetings, people! My name is Asad and I used to be a frequent lurker on here...That is until I decided to officially become a part of this amazing forum... Well, I guess I'm STILL a lurker... XD

I started reading the books some time before the first film came out, thanks to a girl in my class (I was 9 years old and in fifth grade) who introduced me to Harry Potter - now I'm 19 and quite a major nerd. :-P
    WELCOME!

• hELLO eVERYONE!
    aPPARENTLY iM a hARRY pOTTER fAN oR i wOULDN’T bE hUR.. iVE bEEN a fAN sINCE i wUZ 1o{<13 now>} iN tHA bEGINNING i wAZ a bIG nOOB bCUZ i hAD oNLII sEEN tHE mOVIES… aND i sAW tHEM iN tHE wRONG oRDER sO i wAZ cLUELESS oN wHO wAZ bAD oR gEWD… oNE bORIN dAY i lOOKED tHRU bOOKS mY gPA gAVE ME.. aND sAW tHE fIRST bOOK and rEAD iT…{} aFTER tHAT i kEPT rEADING tHEM, aND eVEN hAD mY bABY bRO{} cHECK tHE 7th oUT fOR mE fROM hIS sKEWL bCUZ hIS lEXILE wuZ hIGH eNUFF tO cHECK eM oUT.. mY mAMMY dOESN’T lYK mE rEADIN dEM tHO… sAYZ iTZ wITCHCRAFT aND iM oBSSESED wIT iT… tOL hER i wUZN’T.. i lYED.. mY bROTHERS kNO tho cUZ dEY aSK qUESTIONS aBOUT IT… tHINK mY oBSSESSION rUBBED oF oN dEM tOO cUZ iTZ aLL dEY tALK aBOUT…
    LOL DATS MY LONG BUT SHORT STORY ON HOW I GOT HERE!! IM GEEKED BOUT BEING HERE THO… WANNA GO SEE DEATHLY HALLOWS SO BAD!! WATEVER ILL GO WHEN I GO… THNX DO ERYONE
    ~**WATCH**MII**SPELL**WORK**~
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    8-X
    imageimageimage
    learn how to spell buddy LOL
  • WHEN U LEARN TO KEEP UR COMMENTS TO URSELF… LOL :-))
    ~**WATCH**MII**SPELL**WORK**~
    lmao. i never do ;)
  • stinkastinka Posts: 495
    my name is angelo, and found this forum by accident...lol...lurked for a while, like it, and worked up the courage to register a short time ago.
    welcome :D
  • stinkastinka Posts: 495
    thanks richard!
    Anytime :D
  • MimiMimi Posts: 53

`Ello, My name is Mimi.

And yes I'm new here but extremely
    excited! I'm 20 years of age, I live in CA,
    I've been a HUGE Harry Potter fan since the
    books came out.

Also I'm happy to be here.
    "The deluminator. It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works but Christmas morning, I was sleeping in this little pub, keeping away from some Snatchers, and I heard it. A voice. Your voice, Hermione. You said my name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. It flew towards me, the ball of light, right through my chest and straight through me. Right here. And I knew it was going to take me where I needed to go."
    Hi MIMI welcome aboard :D
  • MimiMimi Posts: 53
    Thank You! :'3
    "The deluminator. It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works but Christmas morning, I was sleeping in this little pub, keeping away from some Snatchers, and I heard it. A voice. Your voice, Hermione. You said my name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. It flew towards me, the ball of light, right through my chest and straight through me. Right here. And I knew it was going to take me where I needed to go."
    ;) youre welcome.
  • I've been a fan since the start. I'm especially obsessed with Snape and Hermione. I'm an avid HP fan fiction reader. I collect HP Gentle Giant busts, Noble Collection Wands and anything else I can get my hands on that is connected to Potterverse. Anyway, I'm glad to be apart of a collective who enjoys the brilliance of Harry Potter.
    obsessed with snape and hermone FTW! HELL YEAH!
  • Hello, I'm also new here!

My name is Shona, 18 years old and i'm from Sweden!

I love Harry Potter and I've read all the books about 4 times each, and I loved the third movie and enjoy the rest as well!

Looking forward to getting to know u all!
    Hi Sho welcome \:D/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Lots of new people! Cool!
  • Hello, everyone! :-)

I'm S.Korean! My name is Tae-Beom Kim.

This Forum is Amazing!! I'm glad to know here! Merry Christmas!!
  • MayFruitMayFruit Posts: 333
    edited December 2010
    Hello, everyone. My name is May. I've been a fan since 2002. I picked up a copy of Sorcerer Stone laying on the table at my house (it wasn't mine) while waiting a phone call. I heard about the book (and the movie), but I didn't care. Of course after reading the first page I couldn't put the book down until it's finished. A week later I went to buy Chambers of Secret, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire even Sorcerer Stone. Almost at the same time, COS was on theatre, and I watched it more than 6 times. Imagine how regret I was to miss Sorcerer Stone when it still played on theatre.
    Accio Alan Rickman

Wah-wah! Here comes the sun http://www.miedy.com/ (my personal website)
    Welcome May,nice story :)
  • Hello everyone ! Just joined up today ! I've been looking for a place to discuss the Potter franchise without dealing with horrified cries of " Oh no ! Hermione wore BLUE not PINK ! " Travesty !!! " X(

Anyway, I've been lurking for a few days and a lot of what you guys write is thoughtful, poignant and shows you are lovers of the art of film making as well as all things Harry Potter ! I've read all the books many many times, own all the films and I'm a great defender of them for the most part. I cannot fault the films as a whole since each director brought their interpretation with them. I can appreciate each one for the highlights , the incredible performances by a phenomenal cast ( Kenneth Branaugh STILL cracks me up as Lockhart even after all these years..) and a dedication unprecedented to bring this incredible story to the screen.

I am looking forward to discussing Deathly Hallows 1 and 2 with everyone. \:D/
    welcome Hinky B-)
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone! My name is Ronny! I live in America- New Jersey to be more specific- and have been a major fan of Harry Potter since I was six! It’s actually a quite interesting story. It was 2001 and the tragic events of September 11th had just occurred. My parent’s were constantly sad and the mood was always bitter. Living across the harbor was tough. I didn’t understand what was happening very much but I knew one thing for sure, it wasn’t good. Like all small kid’s , all I did was go to school, come home, and watch TV. The only problem was that my TV’s image was all fuzzy and distilled due to the collapse of a major antenna in NYC. I was upset watching T.V because of that but it all became better when I saw a certain commercial for a movie called Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. The TV Spot was fuzzy and wasn’t playing correctly but I was still enchanted by how cool the movie looked. For many weeks, I pretended I was a wizard and anticipated the release day. When the release day of the movie came, I convinced my parents to take me to see it and so they did. From that day forward I have been a major Harry Potter fan. I began to read the books two years later, when I was eight and became even more of a fan. I purchased Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows at midnight, and have even seen every movie from Goblet of Fire up at midnight. Harry Potter is something that means a lot to me. It made my early childhood better and distracted me from a scary world! Harry Potter is my personal escape when I’m upset or even mad. Now I’m fifteen and am a freshmen in a high school which loves HP as well! My craze for HP still continues. I even write fan-fiction online! Recently, I went to wizarding world of Harry potter and visited a Harry potter exhibit at a museum in New York. I am anticipating the release of DH2 and also writing on these fantastic boards.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
    Welcome Ronny! :D
    Thanks. I have a question. Are admins only aloud to start new discussion because when I tried it said I wasn't allowed.
    Mysterious thing time.
    No we members can start. I think junior members cant :(

If u want say what you want here and ill make it for u.
    Ok. I wanted to ask about the Battle of Hogwarts. I wanted to know all the confirmed and maybe unconfirmed information on the sequence.
    Mysterious thing time.
    DONE :D
  • MayFruitMayFruit Posts: 333
    Welcome May,nice story :)
    Thank you :-) Love your "signature" picture (I'm a huge Snape fan) and can't wait to see how they're gonna portrayed that on the film.

Accio Alan Rickman

Wah-wah! Here comes the sun http://www.miedy.com/ (my personal website)
    edited December 2010
    Any Snape fan is a freind of mine ;)
    Hell no.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea the series is called harry potter not SEVERUS SNAPE
    :-W
  • My name is Dena Crouch. I am 17 years old. My online friend Richard got me in on this so, thank you! Any way I have been in love with the series since I first read the first book. I'll admit I have a huge crush on Draco Malfoy. Tom Felton for the win! Anyway I rp alot, mostly as Sirius Black's daughter, if he ever had one. Yes I have a facebook. Two actually. one for me and one for Nancy.
    Awsome Nancy(or should i say Dena?) Welcome to the forum you will Love it here.....and dont be afraid to say you love twilight as well LOL. ;)
  • thanks, Richard..... can you help me with the avatar and siggy?
    Sure ok you want a gravitar? You must go here: http://en.gravatar.com/ and sign up then just ge a pic.

I can make you a sig if you want :D of sirius perhaps?
    edited December 2010

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee493/rickster18/sirusblack-1.png

put that link where it says link,remove the star then copy and paste it to your signature setting.

• it works
    AWSOME! \:D/
  • Favorite Sirius Quote. And I rp as his daughter alot
    Ofcourse haha ;)
  • I am new, my name is Chloe
    I ♥ Harry Potter
    I have read all the Harry Potter books and seen all the movies well except for Deathly Hallows Part two of course.
    I would love to chat and disscus Harry Potter at any time :)
    Hello Vance and Chloe WELCOME :D
  • Erm, so I'm Becca. I am a complete nerd when it comes to HP. I am well known for it, and it sort of creeps people out.

I'm 13, no, wait, I'm 14. Still not used to that, my birthday was on the 5th Dec.

I write fanfiction too. If you don't have a problem with homosexuality or cross gen relationships then you can come ask me about it, althoguhit's not all that good to be honest. :)

Erm, I dunno what else you need to know. I go on another forum too. But it's just not enough for me! LOL No it's just really slow on my internet for some reason.
    Becca welcome to the best HP forum there is :D