Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow(s), contains spoilers like Fred/Tonks/Lupin/Tom/Hedwig dies

edited May 2012 in Books
I couldn't find a Deathly Hallows specific discussion on Deathly Hallows so i decided to create one
This is somewhere to talk as much as you like about the last book and your opinions on what has happened to the characters after the end.
My opinion is that Deathly Hallows is in the top books of all time ever and JK Rowling made the right decision with the ending
Post edited by Bane on

Comments

• abineshabinesh Posts: 84
    wow this is a good idea. hey im half way through the book and true that this book is very good. Its true as always because climax is the most wonderful part of a book. Though i found the 4th one better and 2nd comes this.

and i should also say that each book is unique in its own way .. :)
  • yeah very true that each book is unique in it's own way
    but i thought book 4 dragged on a bit to much before they actually got to hogwarts. I know that all the quidditch scenes were necesary to give certain bits of information.
    The reason i liked this book better is because you didn't know what was going to happen to Harry, Hermione and Ron from one next chapter to the next
  • adminadmin Posts: 21
    AHHHH i'm scared to read this thread!!! :)
  • why are you scared to read this thread
    yeah... why are you scared eh?
  • adminadmin Posts: 21
    haven't read book seven yet. :)
  • oh right
  • punky potterpunky potter Posts: 10
    edited August 2007
    harry and ginny getting married- awesome
    hermoine and ron getting married-i sooooooo knew that was gonna happen
    fred dies- oh my god (why??????????)
    george loses an ear (OMG)
    mad eye moody dies_oh my days
    tonks and lupin getting married, having a son, and then dying _ i knew that was gonna happen
    voldermort or harry??????? VOLDERMORT DIES gets killed by harry
    bellatrix- deserved what she got
    professer neville longbottom- oooooooooooooh he is SOOOOOOOO cute
    peter petigrew - shame(got killed) i really hated him
    dobby- BOOOHOOO
    hedwig-BOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO pass me a tissue
    percy going back to his family and quitting his job- he is sooooooo stuck up but all ended well
    on the whole i love the book it was the best
  • tecnically Harry didn't kill voldermort as Voldermort cast the spell that killed himself as the curse rebounded off of Harry's spell asthe wand voldermort was using wouldn't kill harry as harry was the master of it.
    also your the only person I know of who also thinks Neville Longbottom is cute
    OMG.. the entire book is made short here. he he . Good summary guys.. :D
  • thanks abinesh
    also one my fave bits in the whole book is Hermione's handbag
    being a girl that would be amazing
    especially for school
    you could have a really small bag
    but still be able to fit absolutely everything in it
  • dylandylan Posts: 3
    i have read the book... it was soo cool.. i wish there is another book for another chapter of their lives..
  • AMAAMA Posts: 1
    There are some clerifications not given in the books

1) From where Longbottom get sword to kill snake
    2) What Harry and Ron job is after 19 years
    3) Where and when Ron learn snake language
    4) Why Longbottom have to kill snake why not this work was taken from Ron or Hermione
  • Harry should be dead because the Elder wand did in fact legitimately belong to 'he who shall not be named'. Refer to 'Half Blood Prince p 556. Anyway I enjoyed the whole series and the more she wrote the better it got.
  • hmm...i loved the book. i havent read all the books though. ive read book 1, 5,6, and 7. which in your oppinion(all you out there that is) is the best one?
  • no offense, but harry should have died for ginny. would have been such a tragic but good ending...
  • i think a better climax would have ginny included on the battle itself....not just alittle part with bellatrix; it would have been so romantically dramatic to see harry explode with powers because he was afraid that U-NO-POO would hurt her. good book though... but i like 4 better... more action.
  • For AMA
    You're asking from where Longbottom got sword to kill the snake. I think I can answer that. Remember the sword is a magic object? Remember where it came from when Potter needed it while fighting against the basilisk? Yes!! From the sorting hat!! Neville had it on (Voldemort summoned it from inside the castle) and was wearing it in flames, so it appeared regardless the fact that the elf kept it after the breakout in Gringott.
  • hey guys ive just joined the forum :P
    glad to 'meet' you
  • For AMA

1) From where Longbottom get sword to kill snake
    i agree with mandrkula, it makes alot of sense now that i think about it, BUT it doesnt explain how he drew it from within his robes. :S

2) What Harry and Ron job is after 19 years
    jk rowling has said that Ron and Harry become aurors

3) Where and when Ron learn snake language
    Ron never really learned the snake language, Parceltounge, he just copied what harry said when he opened Salazar Slytherins locket. It mentions that it took him a few tries before he was able to open the Chamber of Secrets.

4) Why Longbottom have to kill snake why not this work was taken from Ron or Hermione:
    Harry told Neville about the snake because he knew that he was about to die, he wanted there still to be three people that knew about it. He said incase Hermione and Ron were "busy" but he was really referring to that fact that they might die too, but was unable to say it. Telling Neville assured him that someone would take down the snake, when he was gone.
  • only a true gryffindor could have obtained the sword.
    Neville obtained the sword by showing true bravery.
  • iluvfredngeorgeiluvfredngeorge Posts: 18
    edited December 2007
    lorin goose is right..tht cud be the reason................one thing i wanted to mention...i hated it when fred died..........the best characters in the series wer fred n george..especially, dont u think this line is beautiful: 'the ghost of his last laugh etched upon his face'??........n another thing..it was said tht the last word of the final book was 'scar'..but it didnt turn out to be like tht.....the ending cud've been..
    Harry said,"Its never going to hurt again."
    "Whats that?", asked Ginny.
    "The Scar."
    Post edited by iluvfredngeorge on
  • About that she revealed before book 7 was actually released that the last word was no longer scar. she said it was for along time though. I think it was going to end something like "Harry's friends and family were now the only ones who could see his scar"
  • richard trichard t Posts: 273
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LAST HP MOVIE.I HAVE TO LIVE TILL 2010.I WANT TO SEE HOW IT ALL ENDS AND THE ACTION PARTS.THE DIRECTOR BETTER NOT TAKE THE GOOD PARTS OUT OR I WILL BE VERY ANGRY.I ESPECIALLY WANT TO SEE THE EPILOGUE BECAUSE I DONT UNDERSTAND IT.CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME????
  • If you go to www.jkrowling.com enter site then click on the rubber (a ? should appear when you move your mouse over it) then open the door and click on the piece of paper, you will get a family tree jk has done which should explain who everyone is related to
  • iluvfredngeorgeiluvfredngeorge Posts: 18
    edited January 2008
    thanks.. ginny rocks..!!.........
  • Did nobody think that the last line of the Harry Potter series being "All was well" really sucked ass. I loved the book so much but i was really dissappointed at this last phrase.
  • I loved the ending, because jk rowling didnt tell yuo exacty what happened to them all, and it was interesting to find out their futures in the story. I wonder if George kept up with the joke shop???
  • I liked the fact that she slowly released extra bits of information in interviews and such like in the months following the release of the final book. It meant that Harry Potter wasn't over and lasted a while longer. I know there is more films to come but it isn't the same as when we were waiting for the final book to come out
  • parizadparizad Posts: 5
    YEAH THERE IS A KIND OF A LACUNA IN MY LIFE WHEN i KNOW THAT NO OTHER BOOK IS GOING TO BE RELEASED. BUT THIS IS A GOOD FORUM WHERE THE SPIRIT OF HARRY IS STILL KEPT ALIVE. I REALLY BECAME TEARY EYED WHEN SNAPE DIED, AND HE ASKED HARRY TO LOOK AT HIM, THEN THE GREEN EYES FOUND THE BLACK ONES AND SOMETHING IN THE DEPTHS OF THE DARK ONES SEEM TO VANISH.... IT WAS SO BEAUTIFULLY ROMANTIC THAT THE LAST THING SNAPE SAW BEFORE DYING WERE LILY'S EYES. NO WONDER SNAPE HATED HARRY SO MUCH, CAN U IMAGINE WHAT IT MUST FEEL LIKE TO SEE YOUR BELOVED'S EYES IN THE FACE OF UR ENEMY(that is james potter). never before did i think that i would use the words romantic and snape in the same sentence!!!
  • The Deathly Hallows is th best book i have ever read, its evil! I can't believe how sad it is, i cried pretty much at all of it!

What would you guys say is the sadest parts?

Heres mine
    1.When Harry uses the Ressurection Stone to bring back his parents, Sirius and Remus and asks weather it hurts to die-had me in absolute floods

2. When Harry finds out Remus and Tonks have died with Fred-the line about being asleep under the stars *sob*

3. Harry visiting his parents grave- people seem to overlook that part but it made me cry

4. Dobbys death-one of the best characters poor thing

5.Snapes death- just after you finally find out hes good (which i kinda guessed) "the green eyes found the black" that quote will go down in history
  • 2 and 5
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LAST HP MOVIE.I HAVE TO LIVE TILL 2010.I WANT TO SEE HOW IT ALL ENDS AND THE ACTION PARTS.THE DIRECTOR BETTER NOT TAKE THE GOOD PARTS OUT OR I WILL BE VERY ANGRY.I ESPECIALLY WANT TO SEE THE EPILOGUE BECAUSE I DONT UNDERSTAND IT.CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME????
    Lmfao. I can't even
    imageimageimage
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, all the old peoples grammar was really bad! XD
    Harry should be dead because the Elder wand did in fact legitimately belong to 'he who shall not be named'. Refer to 'Half Blood Prince p 556. Anyway I enjoyed the whole series and the more she wrote the better it got.
    I know that you more than likely won't see this but how was the elder wand really Voldemorts?!?!

Draco Disarmed Dumbledore in HBP so the wand became his. Harry then disarmed Draco in Malfoy Manor so the it because Harrys.

Yes, Voldemort killed Snape but that had nothing to do with it because as I said, it was Draco that disarmed Dumbledore, not Snape.

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Including Richard! Bahah I can't get over the caps and he didn't understand the epilogue. Lmfao. :3
    imageimageimage
    I had to stop reading half way through this thread. Hardly anything any of them said made any sense XD
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I had to stop reading half way through this thread. Hardly anything any of them said made any sense XD
    ^
    I think their icons are disturbing xD
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come Richard has a different account now?
    imageimage
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahaha this is hilarious!
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Lolz the book epilogue wasnt very clear WTF.

And kranen I have another because when I first signed up I had two but I let Pat take that other one, now I just have this one :)
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO rich doesn't understand the epilogue, this is hilarious shit.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Bahahahhahahahhahahaha! Omg hahahahhahahahaa!
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You clearly didn't read the book.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
  • Pensieve SeekerPensieve Seeker Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn. I've been spoiled. :(
    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Pottermore user name: SilverQuest212
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    lolz morse, i prob skimmed it or something while typing this. lolol

• JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    harry and ginny getting married- awesome
    hermoine and ron getting married-i sooooooo knew that was gonna happen
    fred dies- oh my god (why??????????)
    george loses an ear (OMG)
    mad eye moody dies_oh my days
    tonks and lupin getting married, having a son, and then dying _ i knew that was gonna happen
    voldermort or harry??????? VOLDERMORT DIES gets killed by harry
    bellatrix- deserved what she got
    professer neville longbottom- oooooooooooooh he is SOOOOOOOO cute
    peter petigrew - shame(got killed) i really hated him
    dobby- BOOOHOOO
    hedwig-BOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO pass me a tissue
    percy going back to his family and quitting his job- he is sooooooo stuck up but all ended well
    on the whole i love the book it was the best
    OMFG HEDWIG DIED!??!?!?!?!?/!?!? OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG
    GEORGE LOSES AN EAR!??!?! OMFG WTF
    DOBBY DIED!??!?!??!? WTF OMFG OMFG OMFG WTF
    VOLDEMORT DIES!??!?! HOW DA FUCK DID VOLDY DIE HARRY IS JUST A FUCKING LITTLE DOUCEBAG KID.
    THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS JACKASS
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lolz morse, i prob skimmed it or something while typing this. lolol

Nah...
    It seems like you just wanted the film...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. I've been spoiled. :(
    :))
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, Rich, it's too bad Yates took all the good parts away. Cuz he sucks.

A lot