Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

No Sibyll Trelawney In HBP

Harry James PotterHarry James Potter Posts: 332
edited June 2008 in Movies
According to a representative we spoke with at Hamilton Hodell, the agency that represents Emma Thompson, there will be no appearance by Sibyll Trelawney in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

You may recall in the book that it was Trelawney who indirectly informed Harry of two important facts, 1) Draco was 'celebrating' in the Room of Requirement and 2) Snape was the one who overheard her telling Dumbledore about Harry/Voldemort's prophecy.

Source: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/exclusive-no-sibyll-trelawney-half-blood-prince-56914/

Comments

• tarantellotarantello Posts: 295
    and Trelawney informed about Dumbledore's death
  • MicroFXMicroFX Posts: 555 ✭✭
    Its no biggie really
  • Harry James PotterHarry James Potter Posts: 332
    Yeah I kinda agree. They could change some stuff.
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    It could be someone else who take her lines
    imageimage
  • blackvenomblackvenom Posts: 3,257
    Haven't Murray said that they've changed huge parts of the film?
    Well,Trelawney is featured in 3 scenes and she's important only in one of it.That she was thrown away from the RoR by this someone (Draco) and she told Harry that Snape was the one who told Voldemort the things he heard about the prophecy.So...maybe Harry will overhear Snape and Dumbledore talking about it?I hope so.
    And the whole plotline with Draco...I guess it will be severely changed.I think they'll dedicate less than 10 minutes and that would be mostly Harry checking out the Map, seeing Draco disappearing from the corridors...something like that.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop bumping old threads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    He has been warned through MP. Thanks for your comprehension, @snapescloak.
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
    It's alright buddy, don't worry. You are new here and you don't have the obligation to now how everything works. :)
    image image image
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    an old thread being bumped on a forum has 0% effect on your life and this forum is ridiculous for caring 0.00000000000000000001% as much as they do about it
    TheDoctor said:

an old thread being bumped on a forum has 0% effect on your life and this forum is ridiculous for caring 0.00000000000000000001% as much as they do about it

He bumped more than 3 threads, and didn't add anything relevant to them. These threads are from 5 years ago, the users who posted in them are not even here anymore. We are just instructing a new user, nothing else.

For you, that posts basically once a week and is barely participative here, the forum might not be meaningful. But for a lot of people this place means a lot and I think that we would like to see here as a good environment, without spamming and old thread polluting the main page. So, leave it.
    image image image