Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Fantastic Beasts SPOILERS!

RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
Hey guys!!! You can post all F.B spoilers on here. ☺️

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Who was everyone's favorite character?

Mine was Jacob.. I didn't think s no-maj would be, but he was just well written. I was very sad at the end..

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite character was a combination of all of them... I really liked Jacob, Teena, Newt, the Niffler, and Graves.

Speaking of Graves...

What do we all say? Is the real Graves locked in a trunk somewhere or was that entirely Grindelwald's creation? I also love that Grindelwald is the only character in the film that says Albus Dumbledore's name.

And for anyone ready to tackle it, what exactly were Grindelwald's ultimate motivations? To overthrow the Statute of Secrecy?

Where was he hiding the elder wand? Isn't Teena technically the new owner of the Elder Wand now?

I loved it by the way.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot!

Who else got excited to see the Erumpant horn? And Leta Lestrange!
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Can't wait to see more LeStrange in future films. Loved seeing the inside of the case. It really had the magic that was missing from the first few movies mixed with such a darkness of the last few.

Did anyone else expect it to be that dark? It was marketed like a family friendly adventure and it was actually such a rich and superbly dark film. I love the Obscurus and how after all these years Jo is still able to think up new magical ideas.
    Jo has an amazing imagination. I heard the sequels will sway away from Newt and focus on Grindelwald and Dumbledore and that Credence will return too.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not sure how I feel about Johnny Deep playing Grindewald.
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some young people didn't like it much LOL and like maybe our generation appreciated it more? Since pretty much it's been so long for us to feel that type of magic and the younger gen never really had all those book releases and the early movie ones.
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Saw it in 3D yesterday, the 3D was great. Im still iffy about Depp as Grindelwald. He reminds me of sparrow lol
    When Newts trying to put that huge hippopatumus creatire back in the case he leaves his case open... shouldnt more creatures be escaping?
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    Richard said:

Jo has an amazing imagination. I heard the sequels will sway away from Newt and focus on Grindelwald and Dumbledore and that Credence will return too.

Snitchseeker posted a comment from her clearing that up and there's a brief video interview where she gives a few hints about the next movie and about Newt's expulsion...
    http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/j-k-rowling-says-newt-scamander-will-remain-fantastic-beasts-lead-despite-reports-105848/
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    Nick said:

I'm still not sure how I feel about Johnny Deep playing Grindewald.

David Heyman did an interview with SS and answered some stuff about Johnny Depp and what was really going to happen to Tina and Newt:(

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/david-heyman-discusses-fantastic-beasts-plot-points-sequel-cursed-child-movies-105836/

photo niffler3b.jpg
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of love triangles but there'd probably be one. I think Leta still has a soft spot for Newt
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like it at all :neutral: The story was uninteresting, the characters (and consequently, the actors) were bad and one note. It was a downgrade visually too, until now I haven't fully appreciated how much Stuart Craig did for the HP films lol
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    TheDoctor said:

I didn't like it at all :neutral: The story was uninteresting, the characters (and consequently, the actors) were bad and one note. It was a downgrade visually too, until now I haven't fully appreciated how much Stuart Craig did for the HP films lol

I am surprised at the amount of people around different discussion boards who consider this Yates' best HP movie. Yates' cinematography choices were much more interesting in HBP, DH and even in The Legend of Tarzan. It's not bad, it's just... pretty standard. It might be due to him working with more talented cinematographers back then in Delbonnel and Serra.
    That said, Yates is still great at directing actors. Overall I enjoyed the movie. It had a lot of charm and I really cared about the characters. For me it's a solid start for this new franchise.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Standard" is definitely the best way to put it. I feel like in general throughout HP you could always count on good prod design and hopefully good cinematography but this was pretty boring.

Also can't get over how it looks like JKR is about to tell another political allegory dealing with themes of intolerance/bigotry and yet she has practically no roles for PoC. 1920s NYC and practically all the extras were white too lol
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @TheDoctor, did you watch The Legend of Tarzan? Regardless of what people think of the movie, Yates opted for a deliberate visual style there with lots of macro shots and ultra close ups mixed with stunning wide shots of the jungle, which was quite compelling to watch. I just wish he had made FB just as distinctive in its own way. However, at times it was truly inspired, such as many of the scenes inside the case which had some great camera choreography and CGI and a true sense of wonder. Another highlight for me was a haunting long shot in a dark alley where the characters were silhoutted.
  • Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

Some young people didn't like it much LOL and like maybe our generation appreciated it more? Since pretty much it's been so long for us to feel that type of magic and the younger gen never really had all those book releases and the early movie ones.

I saw it as more of an adult-oriented fantasy.