Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

How you should view book adaptations

PatricierPatricier Posts: 253 ✭✭
If I'm going to watch a book get turned into a movie, I want to see what the movie will do with the material. I want to see what they can do with the story. I don't want to watch a reiteration of the book's narrative, word for word, point by point. I might as well just sit in my living room and read the book and just picture the characters in my head. I don't need to watch a movie to see the exact same thing that happened in the book. It's already in the book. I want the movies to do something different, something ... more. Some fans of just too protective, too devoted to the source material and open themselves up to the possibility of looking at the story from a slightly different angle. It's blasphemy to them, which I think is silly. If they can just accept the movie and the book as two separate entities, they might appreciate the movie better for what the movie is, instead of deducting points for each way it differs from the book. That's not what the movie is for. 

Comments