Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

8 Years and Many Tears ago...

Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
J.K. Rowling has helped me grow alongside my family, and she deserves all of my respect and love. Even though I don't know her personally, I love her (to quote Valerie from V for Vendetta). I have my career choices and a third of my character to thank her for.

When I'm asked what makes me feel special or lucky I would say this: I was a part of the Harry Potter generation. I grew up alongside Harry and his world, both of which consumed my life. I have feelings for these books that cannot be replicated. My memories are so strong that I can't even look at the covers without crying.

8 years ago I stood in line at Bookland wearing a 'I Trust Snape' shirt. I started the book at 1AM and finished at 11:25AM that morning. Praise God, and thank you Jo. I wish I had the words of a poet here... I can't romanticize something this real however.

My life's goal, my main purpose... Is to take this into the future. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one in the same. I hope we all get that 'feeling' again with Fantastic Beasts and whatever comes after.

I love every one of you. I'm thankful that great times still lie ahead.
"If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Comments