Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

My Percy Jackson Social Network Campaign

PatricierPatricier Posts: 252 ✭✭
Not a petition, but over the last little while, a friend and I along with many other fans have been hard at work on a project in support of the remaining
Percy Jackson movies. You can read about it at this link here: http://www.percyjacksonmovies.com/percy-jackson-titans-curse-social-media-campaign-18775/
In any case, it would be really appreciated if you would be able to help us out with this project in some way and if possible help as many other people as you can to help us out too :)

Thank you for your consideration

Comments

• Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with your endeavor, but what do you think the odds are of this happening let alone the main characters wanting to return? Logan Lerman was asked about the chances of filming a third PJ movie. He replied that filming the movies was fun, but felt that they were getting too old to play the characters.

• Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Filming for Sea of Monsters ended in Jan 2013. If, by chance, filming for Titan's Curse was to start in 2016, it will have been three years. To me, that's like the filming for POA not getting underway until May 2005.

• PatricierPatricier Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Cathy2315 said:

Good luck with your endeavor, but what do you think the odds are of this happening let alone the main characters wanting to return? Logan Lerman was asked about the chances of filming a third PJ movie. He replied that filming the movies was fun, but felt that they were getting too old to play the characters.

Cathy2315 said:

Filming for Sea of Monsters ended in Jan 2013. If, by chance, filming for Titan's Curse was to start in 2016, it will have been three years. To me, that's like the filming for POA not getting underway until May 2005.

Because they made the characters older they do not have to rush to get the movies made as fast. Many times actors have portrayed characters much younger than them and there was barely any notice. Just look at One Tree Hill (a hit tv show no less), Sarah Hyland on Modern family, and Andrew Garfield as Spider-man (who looked waaaaaay younger than Tobey Maguire and he was a bit older than Tobey was when Tobey started filming Spider-man). Logan still looks like he can portray Percy as younger than 20 for at least a handful of more years, same with most of the cast. If you and others were to help me and other fans with this project, then maybe, just maybe something can happen instead of just sitting around and complaining. As a friend taught me "if you continue to do something, continue to try, something can happen". They may not be able to get the rest of the series made but they can at least get enough made that will wrap up the story from the first two movies 100% that could even do more justice to the books than these first two movies ever did. As it stands right now they could pretty much follow the books word for word except for the age which can easily be adjusted like they already have done
    Fan concept art for the third movie: