Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Snape and Pettigrew in PoA and HBP

Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
You know how in the Spinner's End chapter in HBP we find out that Voldemort has assigned Wormtail to be Snape's servant? I'm wondering how that came to be. Was it like "Snape, I'm going to make Wormtail your servant"? Or was it "My lord, I would like to request Wormtail as my servant" and Voldemort granted Snape's request.

I also wonder about Snape being knocked out in the Shrieking Shack by Harry's Expelliarmus spell. Just imagine you are Snape, a Death Eater who is working for Dumbledore. You hear Sirius Black talk about a rat. You know that one of your fellow Death Eaters, Peter Pettigrew, had the ability to transfigure into a rat. You want to find out more, but can't risk doing so in front of Pettigrew himself. What if he intentionally provoked Harry into getting so angry that he cast a spell in which Harry, the others in the shack, and the reader think he's been knocked unconscious, but he's fully aware of what's going on?

Comments

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Good thinking!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is weird now that you mention it that Wormtail was Snape's servant considering absolutely nothing ever came of it (or, frankly, of Wormtail at all past book 4...I think we all thought he was going to play a bigger role in DH than he did, that's for sure). I can't help but wonder if JKR ever had anything more significant planned for him after GoF, and so stuck him there in HBP as somewhere for him to pop in in that book.