Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Harry Potter Merchandise News Thread

2»

Comments

• phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    edited July 2015
    I keep wondering if they'll release the Funko Quidditch Harry on the 31st since it is Harry's birthday. I can't wait to see Dobby, wonder if they'll make a Kreacher too :wink:
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    edited August 2015
    phoenix1 said:

I keep wondering if they'll release the Funko Quidditch Harry on the 31st since it is Harry's birthday. I can't wait to see Dobby, wonder if they'll make a Kreacher too :wink:

The big rumor is it should be out this week but its still really vague. I heard someone in Arizona saw three in HT in store but it wasnt confirmed.

However, I can now officially and exclusively confirm these are the next releases in the line:
    Luna Lovegood
    Draco Malfoy
    Dementor
    Triwizard Harry Potter
    Yule Ball Robes Ron
    Dobby the House Elf
    Sirius Black
    the Basilisk

Rumors of Invisible Harry (Hot Topic or Barnes & Noble), Cat Face Hermione (Gamestop), and Dumbledore lighter robes (Unknown store) being exclusives has also been running around :)
    Post edited by RyGuy on
  • Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    These Funko Pops look so cute! Perhaps I'll some a few one of these days but, for now, I have other items which I need more, like new glasses and a new mattress set. (You know, I think I'll get one and donate it to a toy drive.)

edited August 2015
    I found a seller at Amazon that has the Quidditch Harry for $31 including free shipping. Being of little patience with Hot Topic, I ordered one, it should be here between the 21st and the 27th. photo Snitch03.gif

Update~Looks like the seller I had originally listed has sold out so the link takes you to a different one
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012TTEPUK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

There's a quick review on YouTube...he looks so awesome :smile:
    Post edited by phoenix1 on
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    phoenix1 said:

I found a seller at Amazon that has the Quidditch Harry for $31 including free shipping. Being of little patience with Hot Topic, I ordered one, it should be here between the 21st and the 27th. photo Snitch03.gif

Update~Looks like the seller I had originally listed has sold out so the link takes you to a different one
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012TTEPUK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

There's a quick review on YouTube...he looks so awesome :smile:

Aww :/ these should be at HT this week. Mine is getting a box supposably Wednesday so Ill be stopping in and grabbing two. The success of these is fantastic, Funko said in an interview this past weekend that sales have exceeded expectations. They're thinking of expanding the line now to other items. They already have series 2 and 3 mapped out and a really cool box set. They also have the Basilisk ready to go which will look great with COS Harry. Whenever an exclusive comes around I will let you know ASAP @phoenix1 and if you are interested I can send you to the right directions to get one below what they will be sold for on ebay. From what I've heard, 'Cat Hermione' may be the next exclusive in October to Gamestop.
    Cathy2315 said:

These Funko Pops look so cute! Perhaps I'll some a few one of these days but, for now, I have other items which I need more, like new glasses and a new mattress set. (You know, I think I'll get one and donate it to a toy drive.)

I'm with you there, I bought up the Harry I needed to complete the set, but starting school this Fall I need to conserve O.O The Toy drive idea is fantastic and I was thinking the same a while back ago. Im excited for the Toys for Tots boxes to start popping up. I grabbed some Batmen last year for the little ones.
    Hot Topic is now taking orders for the Funko Quidditch Harry, it just showed up today. They're having a special, the regular price is $12.50 but when you use the code word 'school' you get 20% off which takes the price to $10.00 plus $4.99 shipping (but you can order up to $49.99 worth of stuff and only pay the $4.99) I just ordered 2, one for me and one for a friend at work.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/Movies/HarryPotter/Funko+Harry+Potter+Pop+Harry+Potter+Quidditch+Vinyl+Figure+Hot+Topic+Exclusive+Pre-Release-10354877.jsp
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Cathy2315 said:

I just realized how awkward this sounds. First off, I meant to say Perhaps I'll buy a few one of these days. Second, I hope it is understood that I'll donate a Funko Pop to a toy drive and not a mattress set or a pair of glasses.

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    So my birthday was last week but this week my coworkers gave me these as gifts. I guess they know I love HP! Haha Now I have to get all the other ones to have the complete collection :dizzy:

Which one do you guys have?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Official List of upcoming Funko POP! Harry Potter figures:

Triwizard Harry Potter
    Yule Ball Hermione
    Yule Ball Ron Weasley
    Draco Malfoy
    Luna Lovegood
    Sirius Black
    Dumbledore Half Moon Glasses
    Dementor
    Dobby
    Cedric Diggory

Expect photos soon. My guess is these will be out for Christmas.

Also something to note, a store had "HP Series 1 Key BLNDBG" in their computers...looks like Harry Potter may be getting the Blindbag mystery figure treatment :)
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    elbenwald will release a Gringotts dame board
    imageimageimageimageimage

And Noble Collection will release a Dumbledore Goblet replica
    imageimage

Also a new Dobby statue
    imageimage
  • PatricierPatricier Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Kranen said:

STOP TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING UNRELEASED DELETED SCENES. YOU'RE SO GOD DAMN ANNOYING.

Well excuse me for taking an interest in something! Please watch your mouth young man and show some respect. If you'd maybe answer/help em out then maybe I wouldn't ask so much
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Patricier said:

Well excuse me for taking an interest in something! Please watch your mouth young man and show some respect. If you'd maybe answer/help em out then maybe I wouldn't ask so much

Show some respect? You're the one now showing any respect. Ry has said on numerous occasions that he is too busy to finish his documentary on the deleted scenes but you just keep pushing for it. Respect his wishes and drop the subject. This bloody topic isn't even about the deleted scenes yet once again you're gatecrashing. We have a thread for them. USE IT.

And there really is nothing to talk about. They are never going to be released. You may as well drop the subject.
    Glams (digital artwork) for wave two of the Harry Potter Funko Figures just leaked online :)

Wave 2 includes Triwizard Harry, Yule Ball Hermione, Yule Ball Ron, Sirius Black OOTP, Dumbledore OOTP, Draco, Luna, Neville, Dobby, and a Dementor.

Also upcoming exclusives are Polyjuice Cat Hermione, and a HT Cedric Diggory

edited November 2015
    I can't wait to get the new Funkos, I'm getting Luna for my granddaughter, she's her favorite. Also, I was just at my local CVS and they had the HP Pez set, they're $19.99. :smile:
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Snitchseeker has posted that Funko just announced that the first 3 HP key chains will be available in February:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/harry-potter-funko-pocket-pop-keychains-with-hermione-voldemort-out-in-february-102414/
    photo niffler3b.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Collectible-Quidditch-Set/dp/076245945X

Here is the first officially licensed Harry Potter Collectible Quidditch Set that includes: 2 Quaffles, 1 Bludger, 1 Bat, Quidditch trunk (as the kit packaging), and 16-page book containing 8 full-color stickers.

Hey Ry! Thanks for the heads up on the Quidditch trunk! I've been hunting for a mini one for years. I think it was Gentle Giant that had one with their 2 set Quidditch teams. You got part of the Quidditch trunk set with one set of players and the rest when you bought the other team set. I've already pre-ordered mine! It should look cool with the Funko Quidditch Harry :wink:
    photo niffler3b.jpg

New Pop images - they should be out in February!

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luna's one is <3
    What happened to Neville? :(
    photo niffler3b.jpg

Luna's one is <3</p>

There will eventually be one of her in her Lion hat, and then the SpectreSpecs as well but not for a while. They will have a lot of the main characters down the line in different costumes :)
    phoenix1 said:

He is still coming! I think they just forgot to put him on the list.

We should be having 4 waves of Harry Potter this year with tons of exclusives. When they come around I can get extras of the rare ones and send them your way @phoenix1 if they are numbered. There will more than likely be one or two at comic con and they are usually posted online at random parts of the night.
    phoenix1 said:

He is still coming! I think they just forgot to put him on the list.

We should be having 4 waves of Harry Potter this year with tons of exclusives. When they come around I can get extras of the rare ones and send them your way @phoenix1 if they are numbered. There will more than likely be one or two at comic con and they are usually posted online at random parts of the night.

Thanks Ry, that would be awesome! I've sent you a pm :)
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Official images of wave 2 :D

Can't wait! Dobby and Sirius will be the next ones added to my happy family :wink:
    photo niffler3b.jpg

These should start hitting waves in just a couple of weeks now that theyve been officially announced! Also a new line of HP pens are coming!
    Nuremberg Toy Fair 2016:

Half Moon Bay HP Home Items:

First ever officially licensed HP Animated Products Unveiled:

character designs:

Fan artists have been depicting anime versions of our beloved Harry Potter characters for years, but now, officially licensed by Warner Bros. for the first time, anime Harry Potter merchandise will be sold in Japan!

First to go on sale will be 12 clear plastic file folders featuring different Harry Potter characters: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore, Malfoy, Sirius, Lupin, Fred & George (who always get grouped together, sadly), James Potter, Buckbeak, and Hedwig. Each file will be sold for 378 yen (US$3.15).

The merchandise will be sold by anime and manga retailer Animate, and will be available in specialty stores in Japan by the end of this month.

Japanese fans can also look forward to the line of merchandise expanding in the spring, with pins, rubber straps, and acrylic keychains. The same set of characters will be represented, but fans hope to see more characters in the future if there is enough demand.

http://www.mugglenet.com/2016/01/anime-harry-potter-merchandise-to-be-sold-in-japan/
    edited January 2016
    ********Please Read********
    I may begin posting this news on a brand new Subreddit that I just started here:

https://reddit.com/r/HarryPotterCollecting/

If you are a Reddit user feel free to post and spread the word to the Potter communities :D It's nice to finally have a spot where everything can be cohesive.

Some new figures hitting. The series starts with 8" and 12" Harry, Ron and Draco:

http://figurestoycompany.com/harrypotter8and12inchactionfigures.aspx

New Funko Pops Announced

Hot Topic Exclusives:

Barnes & Noble Exclusives:

I got 5 new Funkos yesterday :smiley: and the Quidditch box. I got Luna, Sirius, Dobby, Dumbledore and Quidditch Draco. I set Quidditch Harry and Draco in the box, resting in the lid next to the Snitch...once I figure out the camera on my new phone I'll post some pictures. I keep checking Barnes and Noble for Neville and Sorting Hat Harry, but no luck yet. Maybe that's a good thing, the pocketbook needs a rest -lol
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Finally got to take a few pictures of the new Funkos, here's one with the Quidditch trunk and some of the latest from the New Wave...

photo group 4.jpg
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    edited June 2016
    @phoenix1 @Cathy2315 I know you guys love HP merch and I wasnt sure if you were on Reddit or not but Ive started posting news+things on there since this place is pretty much dead. The next wave list of HP Funko Pops just leaked so I updated the checklist here: https://www.reddit.com/r/HarryPotterCollecting/comments/43dsqc/funko_pop_hp_checklist/

The main website can be found here with all the postings: https://www.reddit.com/r/HarryPotterCollecting/

:)

P.S. Ive been picking up all the Star Ace Harry Potter figures this year and never would I imagine I would be getting these $100-200 HP figures but they are absolutely wonderful. Snape is my newest one and I am in love with the craftsmanship on this thing. Im going to start doing some video reviews soon :hushed:
    edited June 2016
    Hi Ry, thanks for the heads up on the third wave :smiley: Guess I'll have some time to start saving again. The Star Ace figures are so awesome, I've seen a few I'd love to get but they're a bit out of my budget right now. The detail is amazing. I did send a set of the Funko pens to my daughter as a surprise gift and she loves them, her kids were jealous because she said she wasn't going to share-lol.

P.S. I have the reddit site bookmarked and check it out almost every day to see what is on the way...wouldn't you know, I didn't check it out today.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Looks like Funko will be adding some Fantastic Beasties to their line up :smiley: Can't wait to see the Niffler!

POP Movies: Fantastic Beast - Newt SD 9/18
    POP Mov: Fantastic Beast - Niffler SD 9/18
    POP Mov: Fantastic Beast - Percival SD 9/18
    POP Mov: Fantastic Beast - Seraphin SD 9/18
    POP Mov: Fantastic Beast - Tina SD 9/18

These all have a street date of 9/18 and came from the leaks from the previous days. These won't be in the Harry Potter series numbering and will be part of the Pop! Movies numbering.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HarryPotterCollecting/comments/4oke45/funko_pop_fantastic_beasts_wave_1_figures_list/
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Newt's Funko Pop is coming to the San Diego Comic-con!

photo CmxF3sRWIAAK-6f.jpg

There's also going to be an exclusive 3 pack that can only be purchased at Comic-Con...

photo normal_Harry_Potter_3-Pack_Funko_SDCC_Exclusive.jpg

The story was posted at SnitchSeeker:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/fantastic-beasts-newt-scamander-funko-pop-figure-to-debut-at-san-diego-comic-con-104557/

Hopefully they'll show up somewhere, cause they're sooo darn cute. No word as to how soon Newt will be available, but he's a cutie too ;)
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Target has Hogwarts crest posters.

I haven't seen those but I did walk in one day and they had a bunch of t-shirts (got the Gryffindor one) and they had guys lounging pants and other clothes on a big display. I also found the Funko mystery minis, I got 2 (Harry and Fawkes) and they're really cute. I was surprised that they were also selling the regular Funkos. Maybe we'll start seeing more HP stuff in stores soon :D
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • alex0404alex0404 Posts: 1
    Hey guys
    There is a new Harry Potter app and I want to share to you.
    Take a look:
    https://goo.gl/3VesA5