Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Harry Potter Merchandise News Thread

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
Hey gang, theres going to be a lot more news coming in on this front that I originally heard on this so I needed to make a general news thread. Feel free to post all news pertaining to HP merchandise happening here

Comments

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Monogram International has acquired the Harry Potter license for collectibles. Expect Busts, Piggy Bank busts, Paperweights, mini figures, keychains, or even vinyl figures. More information to come soon.

News has come to me from a very good source that Funko also has acquired the HP license and are expected to come out with Vinyl figures and plush.

Both of these will be out in official press releases soon. Like Ive mentioned on here before - expect many anniversary themed HP items this year as a way for companies to warm up for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them next year. There will be new HP action figures, puzzles, board games and more coming this year. I just cant mention them just yet but it's going to be just like it used to be where you could walk into any store and find a bit of Harry Potter things around. :)

Also one more tidbit I can share, Lego will be making new Fantastic Beasts sets next year :) Take that as an exclusive.

Toyfair UK opens today so I'll return later on with more images and press releases.
  • Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    This is very nice for those who would like such items.

Harry Potter Nanoblocks are starting to come out now. Personally I don't really care for them but they have Hogwarts, Hagrids Hut, Dobby, Fawkes and Hedwig thus far.

edited February 2015
    Just as I was told the first images are finally here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Warner Bros. and Funko will be releasing a Harry Potter product line of fan-favourites Pop! Vinyl Figures beginning this July at retailers like Hot Topic, Barnes & Noble and online. The items will be displayed to the public at this weekend's New York Toy Fair.

Funko, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, is excited to announce an all-new line of Pop! Vinyl Figures featuring fan-favorite characters from the Harry Potter film series.

This Harry Potter Pop! Vinyl Figures line will include some of the series’ most recognizable characters, including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, among others. Each super stylized Harry Potter Pop! Vinyl Figure will stand 3.75” tall and come in a window display box. The figures are Ages 5+.

Harry Potter Pop! Vinyl Figures

• Harry Potter
    • Ron Weasley
    • Hermione Granger
    • Voldemort
    • Albus Dumbledore
    • Rubeus Hagrid
    • Severus Snape

The first series of Harry Potter Pop! Vinyl Figures will be available in stores and online this July at Hot Topic, Barnes & Noble, and other Funko retailers.
    On top of this news heres a look at the new Harry Potter PEZ set coming this August. Walmart will have an exclusive version with an additional character.

• phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    You beat me to the Funko cuties...here's a pic of the whole set. I can't wait for them and the Pez. Guess I better get another bookcase pretty soon!
    photo normal_Harry_Potter_Funko_Pop_Vinyl_Figure_Rendering.jpg
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    SnitchSeeker received exclusive word from USAopoly that the Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit game will be released in the United States this April, while attending this weekend's New York Toy Fair.

USAopoly revealed to SnitchSeeker that the game, seen below, will be the next of their brand-Trivial Pursuit game collection (previous sets include Doctor Who, Power Rangers and World of Warcraft editions. There are 600 questions in the game specific to the Harry Potter film series. Unfortunately no place of purchase, including online is available yet. *snip*
    http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/harry-potter-trivial-pursuit-game-to-release-in-u-s-this-spring-100027/

edited February 2015
    SnitchSeeker also posted a few short videos from the toy fair with the new Funko figures and a few other goodies.

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/harry-potter-pop-vinyl-figures-line-full-look-development-details-from-ny-toy-fair-100030/
    photo niffler3b.jpg

Show off all that knowledge you attained from Hogwarts! The Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit board game will have you and your Muggle friends answering some of the hardest questions the wizarding world has to offer! Give enough correct answers to make your way to a win!

New Poster: http://www.trendsinternational.com/store/product/harry-potter--death-eater-masks/

• PatricierPatricier Posts: 251 ✭✭
    RyGuy said:

Monogram International has acquired the Harry Potter license for collectibles. Expect Busts, Piggy Bank busts, Paperweights, mini figures, keychains, or even vinyl figures. More information to come soon.

News has come to me from a very good source that Funko also has acquired the HP license and are expected to come out with Vinyl figures and plush.

Both of these will be out in official press releases soon. Like Ive mentioned on here before - expect many anniversary themed HP items this year as a way for companies to warm up for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them next year. There will be new HP action figures, puzzles, board games and more coming this year. I just cant mention them just yet but it's going to be just like it used to be where you could walk into any store and find a bit of Harry Potter things around. :)

Also one more tidbit I can share, Lego will be making new Fantastic Beasts sets next year :) Take that as an exclusive.

Toyfair UK opens today so I'll return later on with more images and press releases.

Hmm, i wonder if there will be a possible dlc for any of the previous Lego Hp games, or a lego video game version of Fantastic Beasts. Speaking of which, what about an actual console or at least iOS video game of Fantastic Beasts? I thought I heard somewhere that they were planning an actual video game based off of Fantastic beasts
    RyGuy said:

Show off all that knowledge you attained from Hogwarts! The Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit board game will have you and your Muggle friends answering some of the hardest questions the wizarding world has to offer! Give enough correct answers to make your way to a win!

New Poster: http://www.trendsinternational.com/store/product/harry-potter--death-eater-masks/

ps Are you still working on your deleted scenes documentary by any chance?
    Yep a WB Fantastic Beasts game will get going once the filming begins.

also no on the documentary, Im starting grad school in the fall and am doing art shows all summer as well as working on a photography book for a publisher this summer...maybe one day!
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    @RyGuy you're becoming slower than Del Toro :P
    Just saw on Amazon that the Funkos will be released on July 31st...imagine that ;) :D

http://www.amazon.com/Funko-5858-POP-Movies-Potter/dp/B00TQ6RORQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429988115&sr=8-1&keywords=harry+potter+funko

Is anyone pre-ordering or waiting until they hit the stotres?
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Newest 1:6 Scale Star Ace HP Figure:

The 1/6th Scale Mad-Eye Moody Collectible figure features:
    -1:6th scale body, approximately 30 cm tall with over 30 points of articulation
    - Fully realized authentic likeness of Mad-Eye Moody in the Movie “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” with accurate facial expression and detailed skin texture and moveable artificial eye
    -Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted

PARTS:
    Three (3) interchangeable hands including:
    - One (1) pair of open hands
    - One (1) hand for holding wand or staff

COSTUME:
    - One (1) brown shirt
    -One (1) black leather vest
    - One (1) pair of dark blue trousers
    - One (1) heavily worn battle coat
    - One (1) black shoe

ACCESSORIES:
    - One (1) Mad-Eye Moody’s Wand
    - One (1) Mad-Eye Moody’s Staff
    - One (1) Polyjuice Potion Flask
    - One (1) Flash for magical effect
    - One (1) Mechanical Prosthetic Leg

FIGURE STAND
    One (1) clear plastic stand with waist clip.

Release Date: Late Q3, 2015

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
    **PRODUCT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
    Harry Potter Publishing Rights @ JKR.
    (s15)
    © 2015 X-Plus / Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

HP PEZ coming in September in a box set. Walmart to have exclusive edition with an exclusive extra character.

Thanks for posting these, Ry. :)

• TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we need a luna pop vynil or whatever lol figure
    Cathy2315 said:

Thanks for posting these, Ry. :)

Youre very welcome :) Ill keep updating this thread as info becomes available.
    TheDoctor said:

we need a luna pop vynil or whatever lol figure

Right?! I think wave two will more than likely have Draco, Luna, Sirius and Dobby at least. Possibly some Death Eaters. Once this line gets going it will be hard keeping up with the exclusives.

A few new tidbits:

Spotted the new Harry Potter covers at @Scholastic's booth at #BEA15 pic.twitter.com/9UbErMuwYN

— SnitchSeeker.com (@SnitchSeeker) May 29, 2015

Some of the amazing Harry Potter products coming this June from @insighteditions! #BEA15 pic.twitter.com/NdBQaho4Qv

— SnitchSeeker.com (@SnitchSeeker) May 29, 2015

Preorders of the Stationary kits: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=harry potter insight editions&linkCode=ur2&tag=danradclico06-20&url=search-alias=aps&linkId=SFCV6IR2LOJMNN5M

One of the next 1/6 Scale Star Ace figures coming is Year 1 Hermione:

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mauraders map one is sweeeeeet
    Hot Topic will have an exclusive Quidditch Harry figure :)

RyGuy said:

Ryguy,

I know you’re really busy with your life, and I respect and encourage your endeavors, but the thing is, your project may be all that we have to see this extensive unreleased footage. It’s looking very doubtful that Warner will ever release any of it. With the (mainstream) movies being finished, the release of new footage gives us something to look forward to with them. To be quite honest, many others and I I know and many online have been very disappointed with the later David Yates films, and I feel that potentially the unreleased footage may help with the problems I have with his films. If you could ever find any free time to work on it, or maybe give us access to the files for us to look at, sans all of the time and work on the documentary, then it would be very much appreciated from other fans’ greatest gratitude, as well as my own.
    edited June 2015
    Patricier said:

RyGuy said:

Ryguy,

I know you’re really busy with your life, and I respect and encourage your endeavors, but the thing is, your project may be all that we have to see this extensive unreleased footage. It’s looking very doubtful that Warner will ever release any of it. With the (mainstream) movies being finished, the release of new footage gives us something to look forward to with them. To be quite honest, many others and I I know and many online have been very disappointed with the later David Yates films, and I feel that potentially the unreleased footage may help with the problems I have with his films. If you could ever find any free time to work on it, or maybe give us access to the files for us to look at, sans all of the time and work on the documentary, then it would be very much appreciated from other fans’ greatest gratitude, as well as my own.
    Off topic post, and I doubt it will ever come to be. I dont have the time or resources for it. Maybe if I had the chance to do a kickstarter then I could actually interview the people I'd like to. Then there are licensing fees with Warner Brothers to use certain images and motifs. Its more trouble than it's worth.
    A second Funko Pop Hot Topic Exclusive is coming - It's Harry from Chamber of Secrets. Heres a sneaked photo of the prototype:

Harry with Sword is now on Hot Topic's site to order here:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Funko+Harry+Potter+Pop+Harry+Potter+With+Sword+Vinyl+Figure+Hot+Topic+Exclusive+Pre-Order-10354873.jsp

Also, Quidditch Harry should be hitting the shelves in store next week as well:

There is also a HT exclusive Invisibility Cloak Harry that is yet to be seen.

Rumor has also stated that there is a Sorting Hat and Hogwarts Express that were not approved yet that are floating around.

November will see the release of Series 2 where Dobby and Malfoy (YESSS) Will be two of the releases :) Keep a lookout as Series 1 and the Exclusives will start hitting stores (Barnes and Noble & Hot Topic) in the next couple of weeks
    RyGuy said:

:))

edited July 2015
    You can order the sword one now at Hot Topic, I just placed my order :D I can't wait for the Quidditch one.
    http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/Movies/HarryPotter/Funko+Harry+Potter+Pop+Harry+Potter+With+Sword+Of+Gryffindor+Vinyl+Figure+Hot+Topic+Exclusive-10354873.jsp

I was at my local Hallmark store to place an order for the new ornament that comes out on Saturday and the lady was nice enough to let me get it today! It's pretty good size, I don't think I'd want to hang it on a tree, but it looks great on the shelf with the rest of my Hallmark goodies.

http://potter.vanillaforums.com/discussion/11931/2015-hallmark-ornament-info-finally-available#latest

photo niffler3b.jpg
    Cathy2315 said:

RyGuy said:

:))
    bahaha Im glad someone noticed that I snuck that in there :P
    phoenix1 said:

You can order the sword one now at Hot Topic, I just placed my order :D I can't wait for the Quidditch one.
    http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/Movies/HarryPotter/Funko+Harry+Potter+Pop+Harry+Potter+With+Sword+Of+Gryffindor+Vinyl+Figure+Hot+Topic+Exclusive-10354873.jsp

I was at my local Hallmark store to place an order for the new ornament that comes out on Saturday and the lady was nice enough to let me get it today! It's pretty good size, I don't think I'd want to hang it on a tree, but it looks great on the shelf with the rest of my Hallmark goodies.

http://potter.vanillaforums.com/discussion/11931/2015-hallmark-ornament-info-finally-available#latest

I like this ornament but I wish Hallmark would do things other than from the first two movies :(

@phoenix1 Check out Hallmarks 2016 Ornaments. There are 4 this time around!

Ollivanders:

3 Pack set of Hedwig, the Sorting Hat and a golden Snitch:

Cool, but they look like the ones that are flat and sort of made like a card. I like the 3d ones since I leave them out all year with the other collectibles. Maybe they'll add on of those later. But it is great they've added more for next year. I wonder if they'll do any for Fantastic Beasts when it comes out.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    phoenix1 said:

Cool, but they look like the ones that are flat and sort of made like a card. I like the 3d ones since I leave them out all year with the other collectibles. Maybe they'll add on of those later. But it is great they've added more for next year. I wonder if they'll do any for Fantastic Beasts when it comes out.

Theyre only placeholder images - the final ones will be fully 3D like years past. They are more than likely still in the prototype stages :P
    RyGuy said:

phoenix1 said:

They're only placeholder images - the final ones will be fully 3D like years past. They are more than likely still in the prototype stages :P
    Oh that's how that works...now I'll really have to start saving for next year. LOL!

photo niffler3b.jpg
    They need to release more Lego sets from past movies like how Star Wars kept getting more sets. A fantastic beats lego game would be awesome too (will not likely be till the third movie if that is even happening)
    I got my Harry and the sword Funko a couple of days ago, he's soooo cute! I've been wearing out the Hot Topic website checking for the Quidditch Harry, the girl at the store said they'd be online before they hit the stores, hope they hurry up - lol.

I just got back from our local Albertson's and found a Movie Magic magazine, it's the Anniversary Collector's edition for 25 years of HP. It has a small section on the upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie. The magazine goes back over all the movies and covers some of what everyone is doing now.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    A couple new product reviews :wink:

edited July 2015
    More great reviews, thanks RyGuy! I've been waiting for Amazon to get theirs in, but found out online that Game Stop (and their price is better) has them now so I'm going to get Ron to go with the HT Harry later today. Hopefully the store will get Hermione soon :smiley:
    Post edited by phoenix1 on
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    edited July 2015
    phoenix1 said:

More great reviews, thanks RyGuy! I've been waiting for Amazon to get theirs in, but found out online that Game Stop (and their price is better) has them now so I'm going to get Ron to go with the HT Harry later today. Hopefully the store will get Hermione soon :smiley:

If you have an FYE around you they have the best deal Ive found so far. They're $9.99 and buy one get one half off :) its where I picked up Dumbledore and Voldemort for $13 something together when I used my 20% off discount too :P

These are all great...but I really want that Quidditch Harry lol and I cant wait for Dobby...
    You got a heck of a deal. We used to have FYE, but they closed a while back. I can't wait for Dobby either, I keep arguing with myself about buying 2 Quidditch Harrys just because they're so cool-lol.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    RyGuy said:

Voldemort looks like he's saying "Hey! What gives?"

phoenix1 said:

You got a heck of a deal. We used to have FYE, but they closed a while back. I can't wait for Dobby either, I keep arguing with myself about buying 2 Quidditch Harrys just because they're so cool-lol.

Same here! He has the best look out of all of them so far imo. I thought I wouldnt like Voldemort that much but hes one of my favorites. Dumbledore is my favorite I have in hand right now though.
    Cathy2315 said:

RyGuy said:

Voldemort looks like he's saying "Hey! What gives?"

hahaha!! Right?! Im not sure why they gave him such a sassy pose...Im trying to think back over the movies and I just cant recall him ever doing a pose like that lol
    Tons of new Star Ace 1/6 Scale HP items coming:

GOF Harry:

In Scale Horntail:

POA Sirius:

SS/PS Hermione:

Hagrid:

GOF Hermione:

COS Harry & Malfoy:

Version 2.0 of Harry & Ron:
    Those would be pretty cool to have.

(Of course it should be COS Draco Malfoy Quidditch, not SS/PS.)

Funko POP! News:

Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Pops are popping back up in stores' systems again. Rumor has it sales (from only a couple of weeks) have exceeded expectations. This would mean that the front of the train would come with Harry. Train Car would come with Hermione. Caboose with Ron.

There is also a "Cat Hermione" popping up in Gamestop computer systems - which means it could either be COS Cat Polyjuice Hermione or Hermione with Crookshanks.

I was actually sent a photo of the prototype of Dobby and he looks so perfect. I cannot really state the circumstances as to where and why but he looks great!

This might actually be the first actually successful HP toy line that encompasses all of the films. It would also be cool to see some book themed ones at some point too.

Its great they are such a success! My local Hot Topic cannot keep them stocked, neither can the two closest GameStops. Hagrid is hard to come by, Im glad I finally picked him up.

RyGuy said:

Funko POP! News:

Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Pops are popping back up in stores' systems again. Rumor has it sales (from only a couple of weeks) have exceeded expectations. This would mean that the front of the train would come with Harry. Train Car would come with Hermione. Caboose with Ron.

There is also a "Cat Hermione" popping up in Gamestop computer systems - which means it could either be COS Cat Polyjuice Hermione or Hermione with Crookshanks.

I was actually sent a photo of the prototype of Dobby and he looks so perfect. I cannot really state the circumstances as to where and why but he looks great!

This might actually be the first actually successful HP toy line that encompasses all of the films. It would also be cool to see some book themed ones at some point too.

Its great they are such a success! My local Hot Topic cannot keep them stocked, neither can the two closest GameStops. Hagrid is hard to come by, Im glad I finally picked him up.

would you ever scan/upload the Goblet of Fire and or ORder of the Phoenix script if you or anyone else has them? Is the one from ebay worth buying at all?
    RyGuy said:

Funko POP! News:

I'm glad they're a success. How tall are they?

Cathy2315 said:

RyGuy said:

Funko POP! News:

I'm glad they're a success. How tall are they?

Funko states that they are 3.75" scale but theyre a bit bigger or smaller at times. The trio is a bit smaller because they are from PS/SS-COS and Hagrid is the largest. They feel a lot larger than 3.75" but that is allegedly the scale that they use.