Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

JK Rowling's Cuckoo's Calling to be BBC series

Comments

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This excites me greatly... What if it's given the same treatment as Sherlock??
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen sherlock and haven't read cuckoos calling. Recently bought it, hope to start it soon though!
  • fhapsfhaps Posts: 694 ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited about this! I do wonder though, if this means Rowling is committing to the Cormoran Strike series for the next several years, which seems weird considering how much she talked about being freed from the pressure of releasing the next book in a series after Potter was done. Now it seems like she's just got herself into a similar situation. The series will drag attention to the books, people will ask for more books, the BBC will pressure for more source material...

I'm happy if Cormoran Strike is the main priority in Rowling's career at the moment, but I do hope she releases other books under her real name every now and then.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    -Wrong thread. Nevermind-
  • Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    The actress who played the waitress in the HBP movie has been cast as Lula Landry.