Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

7 years!

Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
July 21st, 2007

Seven years ago today, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series, was released worldwide. The Harry Potter fandom camped, waiting for the midnight release, reading and not putting down the book throughout the day and night until finished. Together we cried and died inside as our childhood ended.

Nothing will ever change or surpass what and how much Harry Potter means to me. My love and appreciation for Jo Rowling and the wonderful books knows no bounds.

In closing, all that is left for me to say is that I'm forever grateful to the Harry Potter generation as a whole. Harry Potter is my childhood.

Thank you, JK Rowling.

Lord Stafford.

Comments

• SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    I cannot believe it has been seven years. How time flies!

I remember sitting on the couch in the living room while my brother (we were sharing an apartment then) was playing video games. He only ever has watched the movies. Every time I gasped, he would say to me "Who died?!" Only once did I really gasp when a character died. That was Hedwig. Because I knew shit was going down if she could kill off the owl. And it was a wild ride after that!

Do I still love Harry Potter after all this time?

"Always"
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time goes by so fast. I remember anticipating DH like it was just yesterday.
    imageimageimage
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started it at 1:11am and finished at 11:10am.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been partially dead since 11:10am on July 21, 2007.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• fhapsfhaps Posts: 694 ✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about it all day long! SEVEN YEARS, I can't believe it.

I actually planned a vacation around the release date, cause I wanted to get to a book release party in a very particular city, different to the one I was living in at the moment. The downside to it was that during the following days I didn't get the enough time I needed to devour the book right after I got the book at midnight.

So I read bits and pieces over the following days but was only able to finish it on July 25, at 3:27PM (I actually wrote the date and time on the last page of the book.)