Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

2014 Quidditch World Cup Final: Bulgaria vs Brazil- Live commentary by Ginny Potter and Rita Skeeter

SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
http://insider.pottermore.com/2014/07/the-final-of-2014-quidditch-world-cup.html

Funny comments, all by Rita Skeeter so far:

"The Potter family – minus Mother, Ginny Potter, who of course is here in the journalists' enclosure with me – have been given prime places in the front row. All are wearing the red of Bulgaria except middle child Albus, who is sporting Brazilian green. This will undoubtedly send the gossips into overdrive – what message is young Albus sending us all by choosing to support a team other than his father's? A team, lest we forget, that is competing against his father's ex-rival, now friend, Viktor Krum. Are we witnessing a very public, very ugly display of father-son rivalry? My colleague, Ginny Potter, who is sitting close enough to read everything my Quick-Quotes Quill is scribbling, informs me that Albus is a great fan of Brazilian Chaser Gonçalo Flores. That, of course, would be one possible explanation for this oddly public parade of familial dissent."

“Up in VIP Box Two, Ronald Weasley appears to have become catatonic. Did I just see wife Hermione Granger administer a sharp elbow to the ribs?”

“Unfortunately, Master Teddy Lupin and Ms Victoire Weasley appear to be far more interested in what they are saying to each other than – I take that back. In what some may see as a somewhat belated show of parental authority, Mr Bill Weasley has swapped places with his now very sulky-looking daughter and is directing her attention to the pitch.”

“Almost all of the Weasley family are supporting Brazil. Certainly nobody can have expected Ronald to cheer on his wife’s ex-boyfriend. Both his children – Rose, who appears to have inherited her father’s unfortunate hair, and Hugo, who has his mother’s bushy locks – are decked out in green, but Hermione Granger is not wearing anything to indicate which team she is supporting. Does she secretly hope to see Krum take the trophy at last? Or is this the kind of diplomatic neutrality one might expect of a ruthless careerist whose long-term ambition is undoubtedly to be Minister for Magic?”

"Harry Potter is scratching his ear."

"Neville Longbottom is already on his feet cheering, even though nothing has really happened yet. Is he drunk?"

Comments

• SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    It is odd, but I'm liking Rita Skeeter's "news" more than the actual Quidditch stuff.
    edited July 2014
    Wait... both Levski and Krum are still playing for Bulgaria? Also Vulchanov and Dragonov. I knew Krum was, but...

How long do Quidditch careers last? They have been playing for at least... twenty years?
    "Albus Potter has almost toppled out of the VIP box cheering his Quidditch hero. His uncle Ronald seized the back of his robes and saved him from what would surely have been a death of international significance, spawning news stories across the wizarding world. Brother James is laughing heartily (did he push his brother?). Harry Potter appears completely unconcerned, merely handing his second son one of 'Loony' Lovegood's treats."

:)) Oh my! Good save Ron!
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    How does it work? Do someone simulate the game to know who win? Or its just a story told?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JK Rowling is writing both Rita and Ginny... she just is basically writing it like writing out a story.

Except it is only 10-10 after one hour. Either the two defenses are incredibly strong, the Keepers are awesome, or they are all lame, and this is the most boring match EVER!
    edited July 2014
    40-10 Brazil.

And.... new info about Luna's wedding dress!!!

Charlie Weasley – or 'The Unmarried Weasley' as he is often known - is a burly chap carrying several burns due to his work with dragons. Like his sister-in-law Hermione 'Bored Yawn' Granger, he is paying little attention to the match, preferring what seems to be a most interesting talk with Rolf Scamander, husband of 'Loony' Lovegood. How difficult it has been to marry 'into' Dumbledore's Army we can only speculate. Nobody who witnessed it will ever forget the shock on Scamander's face when he saw Lovegood's wedding dress – rainbows, spangles and a tiara of silver unicorn horns, voted 'Most Hideous Outfit of the Year' by readers of my regular Daily Prophet column. While Lovegood and Scamander appear to be holding hands in the VIP box, this might well be because Rolf is trying to prevent his wife from putting on one of her famous Special Event Hats.

“George Weasley, wealthy co-owner of joke shop Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, has only one ear. This disability did not prevent him from marrying his dead brother’s ex-girlfriend Angelina Johnson, or from fathering two children with her: Fred and Roxanne. They are putting on a show of family togetherness up in the box. However, few will forget the recent rumours that – in spite of the plentiful gold brought in by such inventions as Puking Pastilles – Angelina has grown restless in her marriage and recently left the marital home to – my colleague, Ginny Potter, has just informed me that Angelina left the marital home to care for her sick father. Many will think that a likely story. Meanwhile, Teddy Lupin and Victoire Weasley have taken advantage of their elders’ inattention to find their way back into adjacent seats.”
    A great groan has issued from the crowd, undoubtedly in response to Ronald Weasley flagrantly and openly kissing his wife on the cheek. This piece of disgusting exhibitionism appears to have disgusted spectators – my colleague, Ginny Potter, has just informed me that the crowd groaned because one of the players has sustained an injury.

CANON Romione moment FEELS! (Fuck the haters!)
    More new info! Neville is Albus' godfather

Cold-hearted Hermione Granger did not notice her ex-boyfriend's injury immediately, due to the ill-judged public display of affection instigated by her husband, but she swiftly put on a display of concern. The same cannot be said for Neville Longbottom, who appears to be spiritedly describing the precise manner in which Krum sustained his nosebleed for the benefit of his godson, Albus Potter. An oddly callous display from the popular Herbology teacher.
    Bulgaria wins! 170-60!
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Lol, Rita is such a bitch. These a really cool, though. :D
  • WeasleytheKingWeasleytheKing Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Nooo I don't want the match to be over :( I want them to keep coming!
  • Cathy2315Cathy2315 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    This was all that was written yesterday, right? (Someone on another board is saying that Ginny cursed Rita, but I don't see it.)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    Such a great week for Brazilian sports teams lol

:'(
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    edited July 2014
    Cathy2315 said:

This was all that was written yesterday, right? (Someone on another board is saying that Ginny cursed Rita, but I don't see it.)

This was on SnitchSeeker's site:

• Harry's emotional at the Bulgarian win, Ron's grinning, Albus is clapping, and the commentary ends with Ginny stating that Rita was 'taken ill' by what people may say was a 'jinx to the solar plexus'.
    Sounds like someone jinxed her with a nice punch to the stomach...but Ginny wouldn't do that (would she?) Maybe that's what they were talking about :-?

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/j-k-rowlings-pottermore-2014-quidditch-world-cup-final-dumbledores-army-highlights-98104/
    Post edited by phoenix1 on
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    phoenix1 said:

Cathy2315 said:

This was on SnitchSeeker's site:

• Harry's emotional at the Bulgarian win, Ron's grinning, Albus is clapping, and the commentary ends with Ginny stating that Rita was 'taken ill' by what people may say was a 'jinx to the solar plexus'.
    Sounds like someone jinxed her with a nice punch to the stomach...but Ginny wouldn't do that (would she?) Maybe that's what they were talking about :-?

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/j-k-rowlings-pottermore-2014-quidditch-world-cup-final-dumbledores-army-highlights-98104/
    Thank you for that.

Here's what's stated on snitchseeker:
    Harry's emotional at the Bulgarian win, Ron's grinning, Albus is clapping, and the commentary ends with Ginny stating that Rita was 'taken ill' by what people may say was a 'jinx to the solar plexus'.
    You know, I think I would need to see this part as it was actually written.

Full transcript here... it is the last part. Rita was ending it with saying more gossip, then Ginny interrupted her.

http://furyserenity.tumblr.com/post/91507190480/mugglenet-harrypotterconfessions-ginny

I thought she did a Bat-Bogey Hex. Huh... maybe it hits the stomach, and not the nose, but affects the nose?
    Looks like the last thing Rita wrote was that Harry was publicity hungry before Ginny came over.
    Ginny Potter

02.40 hrs

Krum and Silva are in a breakneck dash for the Snitch, which Silva sighted first – he is four feet ahead of Krum as both rise almost vertically –

Rita Skeeter

02.41 hrs

Everyone is on their feet, including the denizens of the VIP boxes – Harry Potter is shouting – if my lip-reading is accurate, Ronald Weasley is swearing –
    :))

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    lol wtf
    imageimageimage
    Ginny was probably already annoyed halfway through the match with Rita Skeeter. The woman was only talking about Ginny's extended family and friends. The last thing she said about Harry finally hit her last nerve.

Plus, from Rita's article, it seems she is highly jealous of Ginny's success as a journalist. They seem to be rivals.

The whole "solar plexus" thing is just confusing. Her main attack spell is the Bat-Bogey Hex, which would have been perfect against Rita. I thought it was a spell on the nose, and not the gut. Unless the bats come from the stomach and out the nose?
    Common sense tells me that Ginny punched Rita in the stomach ala Muggle-style.

Sure, I can see how someone could mis-identify a punch with a jinx in a rush of adrenaline and excitement when doing a live blog.
    If some are calling it a jinx to the solar plexus, then it's logical that others are calling it something else.

It sounded as if Rita was ill, as in she was sick. Perhaps it was a jinx that made her vomit? I don't think a punch would make her ill.

It sounded as if Rita was ill, as in she was sick. Perhaps it was a jinx that made her vomit? I don't think a punch would make her ill.

Well, a hard punch in the stomach certainly wouldn't make her feel good, would it?

After JK Rowling’s new update on Harry Potter’s life in 2014, I’ve learned that he and Ginny are having martial problems. And from her interview with our lovely Emma Watson for the Wonderland magazine, we know that Hermione and Ron too were having problems and were consulting a marriage councillor.
    http://iwillgowithyouharry.tumblr.com/post/91598155017/after-jk-rowlings-new-update-on-harry-potters#notes

:)) How pathetic!

Er... yeah!

Harry and Ginny probably don't have marital problems. That is Rita Skeeter's tabloid trash trying to show something that isn't there. Harry's new scar came from being an Auror. Moody had many scars!

And don't get me started on the Wonderland interview. If I remember correctly, JK Rowling has said since that it was not as bad as it sounded, and she still thinks they would be just fine. And from the looks of their PDA at the Quidditch World Cup -- early thirties, acting like two teens in puppy love still, I'd say they are indeed JUST FINE.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Evanna came up with a Luna wedding dress and unicorn horn tiara and had pics taken of her wearing them?