Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

What If Deathly Hallows Was Never Split?

Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
And the whole book was crammed into a 2 1/2 hour movie. What do you think would have been cut? How do you think they would have been able to include the destruction of every single horcrux?

It's sort of a terrifying thought. But I think they would have def cut all of part 1 into around 20-30 minutes. So much of everything that happened in part 1 would have been cut out and the whole exposition would be quickly explained.

Probably no wedding, no burrow to be honest. Maybe not even the Dursley's. The camping trip would be extremely cut down. Godric's Hollow probably would have been cut. I think the
producers said that they would have literally cut out "the deathly hallows", which means no lovegood scene and probably no resurrection stone scene.

It's a horrifying thought really. What do you guys think the movie would have been like?
image image image

Comments

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I'm still thinking that they burned the Burrow on HP6 on purpose to avoid Bill and Fleur's wedding (without knowing that they'll split DH into two films). They could've made Harry to get the real locket in the cave and this way, cutting the Ministry scenes. Avoid Ron's departure/Godric's Hollow scenes and go straight to the silver doe scene when the trio is onthe run, and after that, keep everything else from part 2 and the Luna's house scenes.

People would have complained, but still they complained when the DH films included 90% of the book.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the real locket just be in the cave makes sense, but then you have to ask: what's driving the story for that huge chunk? I guess there would be enough happening, but it'd just be mostly trio on the run. idk

I think that Gringotts onwards (Part 2) would have been more or less intact. I think Obliviate, Seven Potters, and some sort of attack on the Burrow would have been left. The real question is what happens from them arriving in London to Malfoy Manor.

Skip Grimmauld Place because there are Death Eaters all over it, go straight to camping ("What else can we do?"), cue Ron's angst. Maybe find a way to combine Godric's Hollow and Malfoy Manor?
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be called Harry Potter and the Elder Wand. Basically remove the Deathly Hallows subplot and emphasize the all powerful wand. I think they could have included Harry's parents briefly in the limbo scene with Dumbledore in a way that would make Harry's choice to return to life harder.

I would love to adapt Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. There are so many ways you could do it and I think a liberal approach would be the way to go.
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    It's terrible even think of that :D I have really no idea what would have been cut but I think it would have been the first part to suffer the most...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic