Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official "Gotham" Fox Tv Series Thread

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
Breaking: After an intense bidding war, television network FOX has landed the rights to Gotham, a new series from Warner Bros. TV and The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller. Gotham will tell the origin stories of James Gordon and Gotham City’s most popular villains. Gordon is still only a detective in the TV series and hasn’t met Batman yet. In fact, Batman will not be part of the show at all. No word yet on when the show will premiere or who will play Gordon, but stay tuned to Batman News for all the latest!

http://batman-news.com/2013/09/24/commissioner-gordon-tv-series-gotham-coming-to-fox/

Comments

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Weird.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Fox? I'm frowning.
    imageimageimage
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about this. FOX should wait and see how the ratings will be this year. Every show they have is in ratings decline.
    imageimageimage
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued... But I'm also a fanboy
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give the rights to AMC please. K thx bai
    But I am EXCITED.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 10-year-old Bruce Wayne is among the roles that are now being cast as series regulars on the upcoming Fox TV series "Gotham" which explores the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham City famous. Shooting on the pilot episode will get underway in March, 2014 and will center on Gotham City PD rookie homicide detective James Gordon who investigates the double murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne.
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/12/gotham-casting-for-young-bruce-wayne.html
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    So its going be more a detective show than dc comics serie since Bruce is young so no real villains from the comics
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (:|
    kinda sounds boring.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I will be watching this
    imageimageimage
    kinda sounds like another cop drama show to me?
    hopefully that will change after i watch the pilot.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    I think as with anything we should wait for at least set pictures or a promo to air before casting judgement? Maybe that's just me.
    Ben McKenzie Cast as Jim Gordon in FOX'S Gotham Series

FOX has found its young James Gordon.

Variety reports that Southland actor Ben McKenzie has won the lead role in FOX's Gotham series, which will focus on a pre-GCPD Commissioner Gordon and Gotham City in the years before Bruce Wayne became Batman.

McKenzie, 35, actually voiced the Dark Knight himself in the animated feature film version of Batman: Year One. He's best known for his roles as Officer Ben Sherman on Southland and as Ryan Atwood on The O.C.

Danny Cannon (Judge Dredd) will direct the Gotham pilot from a script by Bruno Heller. FOX has given the show a straight-to-series order. Young Bruce Wayne will be a recurring character on Gotham, which the rumor mill claims will see the likes of a pre-supervillain Penguin and Riddler make appearances on the Nolan-esque gritty origin show.
    edited February 2014
    yeah I like him in The O.C.
    haven't really seen him in much so dont really have an opinion
    Same lol the only time I saw him, is in that show and after that he disappeared lol
    I saw him in southland and the o.c he,s a great actor.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?

Gotham is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”), Gotham follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, “Southland,” “The O.C.”) romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, Barbara Kean (Erin Richards, “Open Grave,” “Breaking In”), Gordon is living his dream – even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.

Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, “Sons of Anarchy,” “Terriers,” “Vikings,” “Copper”), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, Bruce (David Mazouz, “Touch”), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.

As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, “The Matrix” films, “Hawthorne,” “Collateral”), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor, “The Walking Dead,” “Another Earth”).

Although the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain Sarah Essen (Zabryna Guevara, “Burn Notice”), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, Alfred (Sean Pertwee, “Camelot,” “Elementary”). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.

Gotham is based upon characters published by DC Comics and is produced by Warner Bros. Television. Executive producer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist”) wrote the pilot, which will be directed and executive-produced by Emmy Award nominee Danny Cannon (the “CSI” series, “Nikita”).

Lord Stafford.
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Warner Bros. prepares to bring the Caped Crusader back to the big screen in Batman vs. Superman, the studio has also been busy preparing a prequel series set for the small screen. In lieu of a simple Dark Knight origin story, Gotham will follow Detective James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) during his early days on the GCPD force while also introducing a number of fan-favorite Batman franchise staples, years before they became iconic superheroes and villains, including The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin, Catwoman, and others.

For months, rumors suggested a Batman-inspired TV series was in development at Fox and, given that superhero adaptations are now more lucrative than ever, it came as no surprise that when Gotham was finally announced the network picked up the show as “straight to series with penalty“ (prior to filming the pilot episode). Now, half-a-year later, Fox has made their intentions official and confirmed at least thirteen episodes of the show – along with new details on when fans will see a trailer (read: sooner than you might think).

Entertainment Weekly was the first outlet to assert the pickup would mean “at least” thirteen episodes – though, given the talent and source material involved, it’s easy to imagine Fox will not stop there. After all, it was always assumed that Gotham would be picked up by the network, given its potential for hit ratings (and a stiff $10 million penalty if it wasn’t), but today’s announcement confirms that Fox remains confident in the project. Any number of things could have gone wrong as the network and Warner Bros. began work on the show, such as creative differences over casting choices or overarching series formatting, but the latest announcement indicates that if executive producers Danny Cannon and John Stephens encountered bumps in the development process, any hiccups weren’t big enough to give Fox pause.

McKenzie JamesGordon header ‘Gotham’ Update: Fox Orders ‘At Least’ 13 Episodes for Season 1

Of course, it’s hard to blame the network when you look through all of the talented people that have signed-on to the project. A strong cast of performers (and characters) including Ben McKenzie (Detective Gordon), Donal Logue (Harvey Bullock), Jada Pinkett Smith (Fish Mooney), David Mazouz (Bruce Wayne), Robin Lord Taylor (The Penguin), Cory Michael Smith (The Riddler) along with newcomer Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle), as well as talented writers like Bruno Heller (The Mentalist), should provide a solid platform for the network to build – especially with the promise of other fan-favorites, most notably The Joker, set to be explored in the future.

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome to me.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Looks very basic to me.
    imageimageimage

Lord Stafford.
    Lord Stafford.
    Featurette about the Show Gotham
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

Who's the black lady? Poison Ivy? I thought she was white... or is this just to put some color into the show?
    The black lady is Fish Mooney...poison ivy is still a kid
    Ohh okay. Never heard of her.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the pilot btw.
    I really enjoyed it too. It did have some problems but i'm excited to see where it goes next.
    imageimageimage
    So I am absolutely loving the young Bruce and Selina/Cat relationship dynamic. The girl who plays Cat is awesome, and she is probably my favorite character on the show; second is Penguin and third is Alfred. Absolutely love the portrayal of Alfred in this show -- he is so badass!

Pity we have to wait till January for the next episode.
    Yes specially being badass in the last episode! My favorite character is Penguin