Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Fantastic Beasts Thread - TEASER TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Harry what you doing!?
    imageimageimage
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering which characters would make an appearance. I was thinking about Young Dumbledore.
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I don't think they will include many characters from the Harry Potter series because they clearly stated it's not a sequel or prequel and i think they will be trying to make it as much as a stand alone series as they can. I hope Luna will appear in a movie, which is more likely since she has married his grandson.
    imageimageimage
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering which characters would make an appearance. I was thinking about Young Dumbledore.

Doubtful, since it is set in New York. If he or any other HP characters were to appear, I imagine it would be in a future film set in the UK.

Lord Stafford.
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there are more news soon. I want to know who the new characters are :)
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I want to know who is playing Newt, who is directing, and who is composing. :)

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Wouldn't it be awesome if John Williams returns?
    imageimageimage
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given he quit the franchise because of Spielberg, and this will be something different, I don't think so.
  • dobby83dobby83 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Guys, anyone else thinks it would be AWESOME to bring back the trio to introduce Newt's story? (Like Frodo in "The Hobbit") I think it would catch the general public's attention even more.

chester said:

Lord Stafford.

Wouldn't it be awesome if John Williams returns?
    It would be, and how I wish that would happen. I hope it could.

Lord Stafford.
    dobby83 said:

Guys, anyone else thinks it would be AWESOME to bring back the trio to introduce Newt's story? (Like Frodo in "The Hobbit") I think it would catch the general public's attention even more.

I don't think that, considering this will take place 70 years before any of them were born.

Lord Stafford.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod

dobby83 said:

I don't think that, considering this will take place 70 years before any of them were born.

Lord Stafford.
    I think he meant like reading the story to their children or something lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Given he quit the franchise because of Spielberg, and this will be something different, I don't think so.

Maybe he has crawled out of Spielberg's ass again?
    imageimageimage
    chester said:

hes going to be busy doing Star Wars
    Samch92 said:

dobby83 said:

Lord Stafford.
    I think he meant like reading the story to their children or something lol
    EXACTLY , I mean like a flashforward , maybe not as parents yet, but in their early 20's, the movie starts with them, and introduce Newt's story SOMEHOW. That's why I mentioned "The Hobbit" which starts with Frodo.

Yes I liked in The hobbit seeing old Bilbo and Frodo.... so I think people would love to see a little cameo from the original trio or maybe just hate haha :P but I would love it :D

I wouldn't want some cheap cameos from the original series' characters if not amazingly well handled. A flashforward like in The Hobbit would honestly piss me off.

I think it was really cool to see Frodo again after 10 years. The trio's cameo would mean even more money for WB at box office charts. Besides, I'm sure that because of the fact that Jo is writing it, ANY cameo she came up with would suit perfectly, no doubt about that.

chester said:

Horrible way of putting it, but if you had to choose an ass to be up in this industry, wouldn't it be Spielberg's?

Lord Stafford.
    I'd be happy with the trio making an appearance as long as it was warranted and well thought out. Anything but that and the trio wouldn't want to return, and I wouldn't want them to.

Lord Stafford.
    I know they want to move on of HP....but do you really think if Rowling offer them a cameo they will say no :(
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dobby83 said:

I wouldn't want some cheap cameos from the original series' characters if not amazingly well handled. A flashforward like in The Hobbit would honestly piss me off.

I think it was really cool to see Frodo again after 10 years. The trio's cameo would mean even more money for WB at box office charts. Besides, I'm sure that because of the fact that Jo is writing it, ANY cameo she came up with would suit perfectly, no doubt about that.
    Even though she's the scriptwriter it doesn't mean she has 100% creative control. The producers could very well force a cameo against her will, just for marketing purposes.

Samch92 said:

I know they want to move on of HP....but do you really think if Rowling offer them a cameo they will say no :(

I think they wouldn't have any problems. Dan said he would never completely rule out the possibility of a comeback because "Jo was an extremely talented writer", AND he wouldn't be playing a young Harry but a more adult one. I don't think either Rupert or Emma would mind coming back for 10 minutes on screen. It would be just to give the movie a special flavor: that of familiarity.

• HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am vehememetely opposed to the use of Hedwig's Theme or starting the movie with the trio "telling the story" in a flash forward or whatever. I really didn't even like it in the Hobbit either. This is separate from HP. Hedwig's theme should not be a universal wizarding world theme. Their goal should be to make this as separate from HP as possible. The only similarity is the universe it takes place in.

As for the trio making an appearance: no. The trio literally have no connection to the events that will take place in this film and putting them in it would be cheap and unnecessary in my opinion. Daniel Radcliffe wouldn't do it anyway.
    Samch92 said:

A talk with Jo might go some way to convincing them of a return, but they have moved on, so a return is by no means as simple as just saying yes.

Lord Stafford.

dobby83 said:

Even though she's the scriptwriter it doesn't mean she has 100% creative control. The producers could very well force a cameo against her will, just for marketing purposes.
    They're not forcing anything against Jo's wishes.

Lord Stafford.

chester said:

Horrible way of putting it, but if you had to choose an ass to be up in this industry, wouldn't it be Spielberg's?

Lord Stafford.
    I would choose Nolan, he's worshipped even more.
    imageimageimage
    We hear more about Nolan, sure, but Spielberg no doubt influenced Nolan.

Lord Stafford.
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Other than Evanna, has anybody else said anything about the movie? Anybody else from the HP cast I mean.

Lord Stafford.

Yes but Spielberg's ass is already taken so Nolan's it is.
    imageimageimage

Other than Evanna, has anybody else said anything about the movie? Anybody else from the HP cast I mean.

Emma remains quiet on Twitter.
    imageimageimage

Same...I was expecting to see Emma saying something on Twitter but nothing :(
    chester said:

Lord Stafford.

Does that mean we get Zimmer?

Lord Stafford.
    She'll probably remember she has a twitter account in a few days and tweet something about it.
    imageimageimage
    chester said:

She'll probably remember she has a twitter account in a few days and tweet something about it.

LOOOOL what do you mean? shes a blondie :P

chester said:

Lord Stafford.

Does that mean we get Zimmer?

Lord Stafford.
    Could be. Desplat would be nice too. His DH soundtracks were beautiful.
    imageimageimage

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/fantastic-beasts-find-them-harry-2271280

Lord Stafford.
    chester said:

Harry what you doing!?

He knows the way of the Muggles.

Lord Stafford.
  • jdnightjdnight Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/fantastic-beasts-find-them-harry-2271280

Lord Stafford.
    I was just about to post this. Beat me to it. XD

tumblr_mhclas5CtM1s17dn4o6_250 tumblr_mmo2p90zRk1qhivs3o6_250 tumblr_mpxnqxqxDJ1sax5w8o2_250
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chester said:

Emma remains quiet on Twitter.
    I imagine Dan stays 100% out of it. He's said over and over if Harry Potter is what he's remembered for he's fine with (which is almost guaranteed) but I doubt, with the career he's capable of having, he'd want to do this.
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I want Desplat back!! I think he's perfect for this franchise! The returning of JOhn WIlliams would be the most epic thing...but i dont think it will happen
    Hope you like it!
  • SlanteeSlantee Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭
    Pinch me someone.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They invented the same thing about dh2. Williams barely worked with anyone else on his scores.

Same with Desplat, except when he did Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.
    I'd be more than happy with either.

Lord Stafford.
    Do you think, in case Dumbledore makes a cameo, Gambon could pull a 50 smthn year-old Dumbledore??

• TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dobby83 said:

Do you think, in case Dumbledore makes a cameo, Gambon could pull a 50 smthn year-old Dumbledore??

He's already done that, remember?