Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Fantastic Beasts Thread - TEASER TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird, yes. And the only possibility at this moment is regarding Newt Scamander because we know of no other characters that will be involved in this series. I'd actually be very happy if they went with the unknown actor approach again. But the tweet seems like too much of a giveaway for something so significant and this early too.
  • PeculiarPlimpyPeculiarPlimpy Posts: 35 ✭✭

This is exciting news! It feels great waiting for something Harry Potter-related again. The time between the final film and now was awful. I'm a bit skeptical of what the film will be like though... currently I'm envisioning this bright and light-hearted comedy for some reason... Hopefully there is a balance between humour and seriousness.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing JK, there will be humor in it. Subtle, but maybe dark, humor.
    imageimageimage
  • PeculiarPlimpyPeculiarPlimpy Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I hope so! Above all I just want to see that magical world again.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be young James Sirius Potter reading the textbook at school to drive the story... Kind of like Neverending Story where the kid reads it in the present time but the main events take place in another time and place.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Almost similar to the Hobbit in a way, only show young James at the beginning and end.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be linked to the future in such proportion. Maybe some names will sound familiar, but I really think they want to do this 'wizarding world' franchise, so a complete new story in another time frame.

I don't think it will be linked to the future in such proportion. Maybe some names will sound familiar, but I really think they want to do this 'wizarding world' franchise, so a complete new story in another time frame.

If they do it this way, and i hope they do, they will have tons of options. The Harry Potter Series and Fantastic Beasts won't be the only thing that the Wizarding World Franchise includes then.
    imageimageimage
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wizarding World has an enormous amount of potential for expansion. The new film series shows that, and it certainly won't stop there.

Lord Stafford.
    I hope they do it that way as well but if he ends up cast in the same role then I could see that being the scenario.

I would prefer it had no forced connection to Harry's ordeal. Organic mentions are fine.

• darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna know how I feel about all this?

chester's signature
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh! I forgot about my signature (I've hidden them). I guess I should change it now...
  • darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kranen!
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wouldn't mind if it were called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", but it would be hard to sell and they're trying to build a franchise. I just really hope they don't come up with "Newt Scamander and whatever the story's focus", emulating Harry Potter. I'm all for a main title like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and a subtitle for each installment.

• PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this thing as a kind of opportunity for something whimsical, like a quest to find some mythical creature like the Nundu or something. No need for a big antagonistic dark wizard like Grindelwald or whatever.

I don't know why people are thinking about all these hot young actors for Newt though. I kind of pictured some cantankerous old buffoon in the same vein as Jim Broadbent.
    imageimage
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Yeah I hope they don't use the same font thunder thingy for that movie cause its not HP
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's just so many things to look forward to. Just small things like what the title font will look like. I can't wait for the whole new creation of musical themes as well.
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phineas said:

I see this thing as a kind of opportunity for something whimsical, like a quest to find some mythical creature like the Nundu or something. No need for a big antagonistic dark wizard like Grindelwald or whatever.

I don't know why people are thinking about all these hot young actors for Newt though. I kind of pictured some cantankerous old buffoon in the same vein as Jim Broadbent.

Because Newt was in his 20s/Early 30s during the 1920s.
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was he? Didn't know that. Oh well.
    imageimage
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually lot of people thing Newt died end of 1991 because they think one of Director portrait in CoS movie was Newt (how they conclude this i don't know)

imageimage
    That is Newt.

Lord Stafford.
    Ok i miss something lol
    imageimage
    i have to go to make check my eyes it's write on the portrait "Newt Scamender" (i was like but How people have conclude this is him!!! Vanessa it's write ongo to occulist)

And actually this is him young

imageimage
    Samch92 said:

Yeah I hope they don't use the same font thunder thingy for that movie cause its not HP

That was used to put further emphasis on Harry's scar; there would be no reason for it to be used here.

Lord Stafford.
    They will be good chance they use the one create by printorium no ?
    This one
    imageimage
    We don't know what they'll do yet, but I'd like to see something old-fashioned, to go with the time.

Lord Stafford.
    If they do go with the quest themed film, I think 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' could work great as a title.
    I wonder how they'll make the audience aware the movie is Potter related.
    imageimageimage
    They could add Hedwig's theme to the trailer so people will know it's Potter related.
    imageimageimage
    'The Wizarding World is back
    blah blah blah
    the makers of Harry Potter now present
    The Adventures of Newt Scamander: Fantastic Beasts and where to find them'

there you go
    chester said:

They could add Hedwig's theme to the trailer so people will know it's Potter related.

I hope they don't. I want something new and original (preferably from whoever the composer will be) and while Hedwig's Theme is iconic, it shouldn't be used as a marketing tool.

Lord Stafford.
    From the people who brought you the most successful film series of all time, Harry Potter, comes The Adventures of Newt Scamander: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

I want an adventure, and with that title, you bring people in straight away. It'll gain interest, and the book's name will bring it back to Harry Potter.

Lord Stafford.
    I don't think they will have much to do to make know is HP related
    imageimage
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, I'm perfectly fine with hedwigs theme and the same font for brand recognition and marketing.
    No bad idea if they do this they would give bread to those who said HP is a Milking machine to WB
    imageimage
    Well, it is, Vanessa.

Lord Stafford.
    Martin1 said:

I disagree, I'm perfectly fine with hedwigs theme and the same font for brand recognition and marketing.

Then you're perfectly fine with it being unoriginal?

Lord Stafford.
    I want the Nibbler's Theme hehe

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of themes, who do you think they should get for the score?
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Im ok with the font... The themenot so sure. I kinda want that to be only for Harry. Idk.
    Alexandre Desplat ^^

imageimage

Martin1 said:

Then you're perfectly fine with it being unoriginal?

Lord Stafford.
    They don't have to use Hedwig's Theme as a whole for the trailer. They could use it for a little part and a few notes to let people subtly know it's Potter related.
    imageimageimage
    What about the font?

Lord Stafford.
    Love the one of your sign ^^
    imageimage

What about the font?

Lord Stafford.

They can do whatever they want with it. I think a few subtle hints of Hedwig's theme will be more efficient that the font.
    imageimageimage
    I was asking the question in regards to what Martin said.

Lord Stafford.
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new font would be great :)
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I just feel that since this isn't a Harry Potter reboot, having everything the same in order for WB to promote the film series would be the wrong thing to do. I could understand it if like Star Wars in 1999 it was a reboot, but it isn't; this is something new and different, so it should be treated as such.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.