Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Fantastic Beasts Thread - TEASER TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This universe has so much potential, it would be a waste if they don't do more with it. An adventure with magical creatures involved is a great start I think!

Having been so close to the previous Potter filmprojects, Jo probably is an expert now to how book and film differ. I'm very looking forward to seeing how she is going to turn a whole new story into a film instead of in a book first. It means nothing of the plot will be left out, sacrificed or anything.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im curious what the plot will be?
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    WB CEO announced that there will also be a video game and attractions at the Wizarding World :)

Quote:
    “The hope is that we’re going to build a film franchise” that will impact a lot of the studio's businesses, Tsujihara told a room full of Wall Street analysts.

Rowling’s movies will feature Newt Scamander, who is portrayed on the Harry Potter books as the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a Hogwart’s textbook. The films will be set -- at the outset, at least --70 years prior to Harry Potter.

Tsujihara said Fantastic Beasts won’t only be a film series but also a video game and an attraction within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at theme parks run by Universal Parks and Resorts.

He wouldn't commit to more than one film, but made it clear that the intent is for it to draw a big audience and warrant sequels and a franchise tag. He called the project "incredibly important.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've woken up to something I haven't seen in a long while... just as Lola says, a Harry Potter thread with new comments flying in. It's also good to see so many people back, interacting with everyone else; people have found the time to comment on this "Fantastic" piece of news.

Lord Stafford.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOLY FUCK MAYBE A POTTER VIDEO GAME THAT WON'T SUCK

Except it's not Harry Potter. It's the Wizarding World franchise now.

AND THEME PARK?! Soon enough Universal Studios and Wizarding World will just be two separate things with all these additions :p
    The thing about a video game is, as it probably won't be based on one thing, such as the film series, it has far more chance to prosper. The reason why the Harry Potter games failed was I think because it did focus on each individual film that it was based on. I read a comment from someone who mentioned this, and he said they should wait; don't release it with the films, wait and potentially make something great like I'm sure they will with the film adaptations.

Lord Stafford.
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I am excited about this as well. I always expected WB to milk the universe for what it's worth, but not quite as early. What's great about this project is that the purists can't complain about things being left out. Or they can...but then they would be criticizing the holy author. Dilemma.

Anyway, it's interesting that Rowling now feels up to the task of adapting her own book and writing screenplays. Could that suggest she would also write the Harry Potter movies if they were to be re-adapted?
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Can someone can explain me when fan purist have declare that Harry Potter saga is "INTOUCHABLE" that is like for them HP is a biblical character and that money doesn't have be part ! HP exist because some day JK Rowling sold her story that a commercial act ! Why they are so .... <= can find a word for them #-o
    imageimage
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    wth..... I´m dead
    Hope you like it!
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    I´m nostalgic about the GOLDEN DAYS on this forum....
    Hope you like it!
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this urge to hug every Potterhead since last night. My friends in school won't even believe me. ajsdhahdkasdasjdhas
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I can't wait to see everything in full swing.

Lord Stafford.
    And now we have to do the best JK Rowling teach us : waiting and imagine ^^
    imageimage
    people want:

Benedict Cumberbatch
    Tom Hiddleston
    Martin Freeman
    Matt Smith

as Newt

I kinda want Eddie Redmayne or Harry Lloyd :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Also I want a Weasley or a Lovegood as one of his companions or something :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Why not Alex Watson (toung brother of Emma ^^) but he's too young just 20.

imageimage
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    "The Wizarding Word franchise" is actually a great title. In the past few months is was slowly losing my interest in this place,i started to post even less, but all of that has changed now.
    imageimageimage
    Not sure if posted yet:

Tsujihara took the opportunity at the conference to amplify a few of the announcement’s details. He said “Fantastic Beasts” will resemble the eight Harry Potter movies in response to a question of whether the films would re-use the same sets, currently housed at Warner’s Leavesden Studios in London.

“The look and feel will be very similar,” Tsujihara added.
    imageimageimage
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Oh boy, here it begins, the time where every hot British actor is gonna be fancasted as Newt. I'll wait until they get a director on board, to actually talk about casting.

In the meantime, I'm curious, but wary. Could work well, specially if it detaches itself from Harry Potter (forgive me purists, but it's like every spin-off of any famous franchise: the more they look to get close to the originals, the more it sucks). Newt must be a fresh character, with a roster of characters that won't be resembling every f*cking hour of some key characters from HP.

And please, most of all, not another lord of darkness that makes everyone piss on their pants just to say his name.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
    I don't think Alex could act lol
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I don't want a casting that shows he is only there because his sister happens to be in the Harry Potter films; so along with age and the fact that he isn't an actor, casting him would make no sense.

Lord Stafford.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious as to what the conflict will be. What will drive the story.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

We don't know of any characters besides Newt Scamander, but I like the mystery surrounding it all.

Lord Stafford.
    We know that Newt publish "Fantastics Beast" in 1927 , that he was an Hufflepuff (yeahhhhhh) that he have a wife, certainly one or more child
    imageimage
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Finally. The time has come for us Hufflepuffs to shine :P
  • fhapsfhaps Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Finally. The time has come for us Hufflepuffs to shine :P

MTE!! I think there's a good change of Hufflepuff's reputation being restored among the fandom now. Knowing JK's love for the house, I'm sure she'll show the world how cool us Hufflepuffs can be.

I mean, this Hufflepuff is cool enough to deserve a whole new film franchise!! :D
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for Hufflepuff!
    Hufflepuff for the win!

Lord Stafford.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod

lolol I'm just messing :P

but I would love for Hufflepuff to have such a spotlight for such a great character. If Jo is writing scripts based on him he had to have done something amazing.
    Welcome to Hufflepuff!

From Pottermore

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Gabriel Truman, and I’m delighted to welcome you to HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE. Our emblem is the badger, an animal that is often underestimated, because it lives quietly until attacked, but which, when provoked, can fight off animals much larger than itself, including wolves. Our house colours are yellow and black, and our common room lies one floor below the ground, on the same corridor as the kitchens.

Now, there are a few things you should know about Hufflepuff house. First of all, let’s deal with a perennial myth about the place, which is that we’re the least clever house. WRONG. Hufflepuff is certainly the least boastful house, but we’ve produced just as many brilliant witches and wizards as any other. Want proof? Look up Grogan Stump, one of the most popular Ministers for Magic of all time. He was a Hufflepuff – as were the successful Ministers Artemesia Lufkin and Dugald McPhail. Then there’s the world authority on magical creatures, Newt Scamander; Bridget Wenlock, the famous thirteenth-century Arithmancer who first discovered the magical properties of the number seven, and Hengist of Woodcroft, who founded the all-wizarding village of Hogsmeade, which lies very near Hogwarts School. Hufflepuffs all.

So, as you can see, we’ve produced more than our fair share of powerful, brilliant and daring witches and wizards, but, just because we don’t shout about it, we don’t get the credit we deserve. Ravenclaws, in particular, assume that any outstanding achiever must have come from their house. I got into big trouble during my third year for duelling a Ravenclaw prefect who insisted that Bridget Wenlock had come from his house, not mine. I should have got a week of detentions, but Professor Sprout let me off with a warning and a box of coconut ice.

Hufflepuffs are trustworthy and loyal. We don’t shoot our mouths off, but cross us at your peril; like our emblem, the badger, we will protect ourselves, our friends and our families against all-comers. Nobody intimidates us.

However, it’s true that Hufflepuff is a bit lacking in one area. We’ve produced the fewest Dark wizards of any house in this school. Of course, you’d expect Slytherin to churn out evil-doers, seeing as they’ve never heard of fair play and prefer cheating over hard work any day, but even Gryffindor (the house we get on best with) has produced a few dodgy characters.

What else do you need to know? Oh yes, the entrance to the common room is concealed in a stack of large barrels in a nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corridor. Tap the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of ‘Helga Hufflepuff’, and the lid will swing open. We are the only house at Hogwarts that also has a repelling device for would-be intruders. If the wrong lid is tapped, or if the rhythm of the tapping is wrong, the illegal entrant is doused in vinegar.

You will hear other houses boast of their security arrangements, but it so happens that in more than a thousand years, the Hufflepuff common room and dormitories have never been seen by outsiders. Like badgers, we know exactly how to lie low – and how to defend ourselves.

Once you’ve opened the barrel, crawl inside and along the passageway behind it, and you will emerge into the cosiest common room of them all. It is round and earthy and low-ceilinged; it always feels sunny, and its circular windows have a view of rippling grass and dandelions.

There is a lot of burnished copper about the place, and many plants, which either hang from the ceiling or sit on the windowsills. Our Head of house, Professor Pomona Sprout, is Head of Herbology, and she brings the most interesting specimens (some of which dance and talk) to decorate our room – one reason why Hufflepuffs are often very good at Herbology. Our overstuffed sofas and chairs are upholstered in yellow and black, and our dormitories are reached through round doors in the walls of the common room. Copper lamps cast a warm light over our four-posters, all of which are covered in patchwork quilts, and copper bed warmers hang on the walls, should you have cold feet.

Our house ghost is the friendliest of them all: the Fat Friar. You’ll recognise him easily enough; he’s plump and wears monk’s robes, and he’s very helpful if you get lost or are in any kind of trouble.

I think that’s nearly everything. I must say, I hope some of you are good Quidditch players. Hufflepuff hasn’t done as well as I’d like in the Quidditch tournament lately.

You should sleep comfortably. We’re protected from storms and wind down in our dormitories; we never have the disturbed nights those in the towers sometimes experience.

And once again: congratulations on becoming a member of the friendliest, most decent and most tenacious house of them all.
    imageimage
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    thats so nice they answered her :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    How could they not answer Evanna, of all people? A massive fan of Harry Potter who just so happens to be in the films. :)

24,000TH POST!!

Lord Stafford.
  • HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
    I need to editing something right now...XD needs a fan trailer ahahah
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

How could they not answer Evanna, of all people? A massive fan of Harry Potter who just so happens to be in the films. :)

24,000TH POST!!

Lord Stafford.

The least they could do after how Luna was ignored in all the DH2 posters and banners.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    edited September 2013

It's nice, but hopefully the film is titled something actually different than that.

And I don't want to be trivial, but I'm all aboard Yates helming this series tbh.

imageimageimage
  • HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
    aaron said:

It's nice, but hopefully the film is titled something actually different than that.

And I don't want to be trivial, but I'm all aboard Yates helping this series tbh

of course the title of the film will not be this, but for my fan trailer I dare say the least.
    I hope it does not come back yates as director. I want a director who has never been compared to HP
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more excited I get.
    Mysterious thing time.
  • decarusdecarus Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭
    Wait, so they are making a new film in the Harry Potter universe, seventy years in the past? Is the main character really called Newt? And how is he connected to the future if at all?
    edited September 2013
    decarus said:

Wait, so they are making a new film in the Harry Potter universe, seventy years in the past? Is the main character really called Newt? And how is he connected to the future if at all?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the main character is called Newt. He is supposed to be the author of Fantastic Beasts after all. And his grandson, Rolf, ends up marrying Luna, so that's his tie to the future.
    Mysterious thing time.
    This still doesn't feel real haha. Like from the beginning of the fandom we've had a timetable of "okay so and so many books left" and "so and so many movies left" until the end. Now with the door open to endless possibilities and no understanding of what this will be, it just feels all so unreal.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martin1 said:

This still doesn't feel real haha. Like from the beginning of the fandom we've had a timetable of "okay so and so many books left" and "so and so many movies left" until the end. Now with the door open to endless possibilities and no understanding of what this will be, it just feels all so unreal.

Tell me about it. Less than 48 hours ago we had literally nothing to look forward to in terms of Harry Potter. Now we have god knows how many more movies, casting news, BTS pics, trailers, stills, premieres, etc. GAH. I still can't believe it.
    Kranen said:

Martin1 said:

Tell me about it. Less than 48 hours ago we had literally nothing to look forward to in terms of Harry Potter. Now we have god knows how many more movies, casting news, BTS pics, trailers, stills, premieres, etc. GAH. I still can't believe it.
    Right? I was JUST beginning to accept Harry Potter had been one of the biggest things in my life from ages 6-17, aka most of my life. Now it's just like "HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S HARRY!"
    Maybe they're going to make a novelization of each film :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    This is unlike anything we've experienced before in this fandom, considering we don't have specific scenes to expect or anything. It's all fresh and canon from J.K Rowling :x Gah, I honestly can't explain how I feel
    Mysterious thing time.
    This is something we've longed for, and it cannot be denied given the way we're all talking. A mass of comments, all focused on something that reminds us of what it was like when we had the books and the films of Harry Potter to look forward to. I can explain myself, but I still find it hard to believe.

Lord Stafford.
    Guys i realize that means PREMIERE with Jo and in France that just WAOW we didn't have seen her by the past
    imageimage
    imageimage
    i wonder what this is all about:

@aahbbie
    @Robbie_Jarvis excited much????? :D

Robbie Jarvis @Robbie_Jarvis
    @aahbbie Absolutely over the moon! The invitation to meet JK Rowling in November just became even MORE special! So excited #FantasticBeasts

He played young James Potter in OOTP.
    imageimageimage
    Kranen said:

Martin1 said:

We're at the beginning of a new era!
    imageimageimage