Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Fantastic Beasts Thread - TEASER TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't forget. Welcome back!

Lord Stafford.
  • fhapsfhaps Posts: 694 ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited about this, I can't even describe. I was in class when the news broke this morning. I was browsing on my iPad and when I read the headline on Twitter, I literally gasped 'Oh My God!' out loud lmao. I had to leave the room because I couldn't just wait till the class was done to join in the excitement all over internet.

This is what I always imagined J.K. Rowling doing if she ever returned to the Wizarding World. I mean, not specifically a 'Fantastic Beasts' film, but stories that looked into other aspects of the universe she created. There are so many question in my mind right now about how's she gonna handle this. Can't wait for more details!

They've got to bring Cuarón back. I'm sure if Jo were to ask, he'd say yes.

Lord Stafford.

I highly doubt he'd accept. After he did 'Prisoner of Azkaban' he got teased a lot by colleagues in the (Spanish-speaking) industry, and in some interviews he did for Mexican press you could tell he *kinda* regretted taking the job. Now, after all the praise that's going to come his way due to 'Gravity', I doubt he'd like to come back to the Wizarding World and be exposed to that again.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITS LIKE A HUGE PARTY!!!!!!!!!
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Cuarón the way he is now (even better than before) who are these people to tease him? We know he and Jo got on, had a good working relationship, and were proud of the product produced, so why not if Jo asked?

Lord Stafford.
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    Hope they have Magical creature action figures in the stores...I'm tired of seeing Star Wars everywhere-lol

Maybe she'll think about doing "Hogwarts a History" sometime in the future :D
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Uhh guys...maybe this will build to bigger and better things...

"Hogwarts: A History" adaptation...featuring the story of Hogwarts creation and the stories of the founders. Also a Quidditch based movie would be amazing, let's all admit it.

Theres also the possibility of a written adaptation done by her as well that has a bit more material that what's shown on screen.

Theres a few people I've read online on sites like Tumblr, that don't think this is a good idea and are complaining saying they don't like the ideas and to me the comments are easy to ignore. Most of them aren't true Potter fans from what I've seen having grown out of Potter and into things like the Potter musicals, or other fandoms and not looking back and seeing what started it all. Without anything of substance such as a trailer, poster, etc then they haven't a clue how it will turn out. Nobody does. It's best to stay optimistic and look forward to what's to come. This is something brand new from the creator of the Harry Potter series and it's fresh, its hopefully going to be innovative and clever. It has a new set of surroundings. Theres a big opportunity here to have a great story, cast, look and feel that has a few throwbacks to the Potter films but at the same time is it's own thing. Who knows there could be Newt saving muggles from Chimeras or lethifolds, Maybe there will be a new dark wizard letting creatures loose in NY while Newt is on a journey cataloging new creatures in the states? Let's wait and see but this is brand new content, straight from the creator in an unusual format for her to work in, and will more than likely see the same groups of people that worked on the Potter films working on these as well. I for one am incredibly excited and am ready for something new. Forget Pottermore, this is one heck of an announcement. :)
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOOD LORD
    IS THIS REAL
    IS THIS REAL
    NO I DONT THINK IT IS
    HOLY SHIT IT IS
    WTF
    OMFG
    NEWT
    SHIT
    BALLS
    FUCK
    ME
    OMG

thank you jk rowling u r a fucking god
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy semen of baby jesus

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    If this is successful - positive reviews + money, Jk Rowling will go full on Tolkein.

aka she's going to expand the universe AND PLEASE SPINOFFS! I WANT THE EQUIVALENT OF THE SILMARILLION WITH THE 4 FOUNDERS! I WANT WW2 WITH DUMBLEDORE! I WANT MERLIN!

I WANT IT ALLLLLLLLLLLL
    AND WE THOUGHT HARRY POTTER ENDED IN 2011! HA

Jk Rowling was secretly enjoying our tears for 2 years until she was overwhelmed and had to do this.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree Ryan
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just so glad that Jo is back to the world that she belongs with, even if it isn't a book. I simply love the fact that we'll be walking into the movie without reading a proper book for once so we won't know what will happen ourselves.

Although I guarentee that purists will still complain that it is nothing to do with the textbook.
    Kranen said:

I am just so glad that Jo is back to the world that she belongs with, even if it isn't a book. I simply love the fact that we'll be walking into the movie without reading a proper book for once so we won't know what will happen ourselves.

Although I guarentee that purists will still complain that it is nothing to do with the textbook.

"OMG IN THE MOVIE THEY DIDNT HAVE LIKE THE NARRATED PARTS THAT HARRY AND RON CROSSED OUT AND WROTE IN THE BOOK! THIS IS SHIT! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!"

"You do know Rowling wrote the script right?"

"I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT."

basically this
    And here comes the revival of HPF
  • FangwidgeonFangwidgeon Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    You know what? Screw what I said earlier, I'm excited. I've had time to digest it, and it could be freaking awesome, I'm a little scared about what they'll do with it, but I'm still looking forward to more from the world Jo's created.
  • I love how suddenly everybody has time to HPF. ♥
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my...
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    it was genuine I don,t believe henrick would be sarcastic
    edited September 2013
    im also very happy that this place HPF will be making a big comeback #alleyesonhpf
  • All I'm going to say is: feel free to interpret/misinterpret what I say on your own terms.
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
    Maybe that's why some people left :)

Anyway. Amazing news. If gives me something to really look forward to!

Andmaybe some trailer premiere tinychats!
    oh shit pats back
    :D
    Joshie said:

oh shit pats back
    :D

I never left, I stil troll but il probably be making more appearances now that there will be potter talk going on!
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Oh god...does this mean Tinychat is going to be ressurected? Lol
    imageimageimage
    You haven't been posting though!
    Your sig is from like LAST CHRISTMAS :O
    Joshie said:

You haven't been posting though!
    Your sig is from like LAST CHRISTMAS :O</block-quote

I know man ): I've been extremely busy since then, but I have some time now!

I hope to catch some chats!

With Cuarón the way he is now (even better than before) who are these people to tease him? We know he and Jo got on, had a good working relationship, and were proud of the product produced, so why not if Jo asked?

Lord Stafford.

Even when all that happened Cuarón was already the bigger of them all, and he still let them get to him.

Anyway, I wouldn't want him back. He's good with visuals, but he's not the greatest at story telling.
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    Mina/Lima have a new a new print coming...

photo 1237881_526385740771733_790708179_n.jpg
    http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/7211

Also, if anyone listens to them, they've also come up with a new Mugglecast...looks like they'll be staying around for a while after all.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    edited September 2013
    When do you think the movie will come out?2016?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    It feels so good

To have

HARRY POTTER NEWS
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

And we thought this was the final harry potter trailer ever.........................
    Joshie said:

And we thought this was the final harry potter trailer ever.........................

That IS the last harry potter trailer.

This is now the Wizarding World. Just as LOTR is the shining jewel of Middle Earth franchise, Harry Potter will be of a hopefully long future of the Wizarding World.

This is just exciting, it means the possibilities are endless. It shows JKR has no intention of stopping.
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing to realize that HPF is coming back to what it stood for, excited discussions over the next HP release. I've only been here through the releases of Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2, can't believe there will be more!

• GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOMEONE HOLD ME.

G.G.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Andddddddd......

We are back :)
    Maurice , Martin....fucking matt

Sweet mama, the feels

Maurice , Martin....fucking matt

Sweet mama, the feels

oh its allllllll coming back

tinychat parties, fighting in threads, all that and more :p
    It'll just be nice to have Harry Potter back on harrypotterforum haha. Not that other subjects aren't welcome, they're necessary for survival of the forum, but seeing 10 Potter threads rather than 10 different movie threads on the front will be refreshing.
    Woo!
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Well, I think thats the only news we going to get for a while....now its waiting time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

Well, I think thats the only news we going to get for a while....now its waiting time!

MTE. I highly doubt we'll get any other big news about it this year. It's gonna be torture... but I'm so excited I can take it!!!
    were back bitches!!!!
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome. As corny as this may sound, I am so excited about sharing this experience with you all. Fuck this is going to be a fun few years.
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy shit. Look at these theory...
    http://kotaku.com/weve-got-a-wild-theory-about-the-new-harry-potter-movi-1301886217

Newt Scamander is probably an animagous, and probably... Buckbeack?
    I can start using my old nickname again Mr press release in reference to trailers anybody who was here in 2010 knows why that's my nickname so excited for this new era :)
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Just realized I hadn't actually posted my opinion about the news yet. I'm kind of in shock, and will remain to be for the next few weeks because it literally just can't be true that we're getting new films. And the idea of Jo writing canon material for film--well, I honestly don't know what to make of it. All I know is, I'm extremely excited and it just hasn't hit me yet. I doubt it will for a long time, to be honest.
    imageimageimage

Holy shit. Look at these theory...
    http://kotaku.com/weve-got-a-wild-theory-about-the-new-harry-potter-movi-1301886217

Newt Scamander is probably an animagous, and probably... Buckbeack?

Reminds me of the theory I ALMOST believed in 07 that Hermione was actually Harry's sister.

• KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I got of the press release, Jo hasn't even written a script yet.

I'm hoping that once she starts, she will realize just how much she misses the Wizarding World and it may lead to more books.

We can only hope.