Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Fantastic Beasts Thread - TEASER TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod

eh..... ill wait for a trailer b4 i judgebut id much rather have a m arauders prequel series or a trios kids sequel series

now im not going to flat out suggest this but if i HAD to suggest a FANFIC for adaptation check this out

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3435601/

look who it is :P nice to join :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samch92 said:

I bet the sale of that book is going up right now since everyone wants to know what it is about.

Just like how The Cuckoo's Calling did when everyone found out it was written by Jo.

Lord Stafford.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    James Dashner via FB-

JK Rowling is making a movie about Newt. Finally, the Maze Runner/Harry Potter crossover we've been waiting for!

:))
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since I'm a real Harry Potter fan I'm extremely excited.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Richard said:

James Dashner via FB-

JK Rowling is making a movie about Newt. Finally, the Maze Runner/Harry Potter crossover we've been waiting for!

:))

I love that he's a fan just like everyone else.

Lord Stafford.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    edited September 2013
    Jason said:

I love that unlike the other HP movies, we have no idea how these will play out. It's like reading a new HP book, but in movie form.

Cant wait for the forum to be alive like years ago...waiting for set pics...videos....official stills trailer etc. finally some HP talks :D

WE'RE BACK BABY :D :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I miss that. :)

Lord Stafford.
    I think that means a Quidditch through the Ages movie will happen later probably... You know how excited that makes me? I loved those little books! Anything set in the HP world I'll be there at midnight and be there in January to cuss out the academy for shorting us on costume design and special effects!!

Ill be there to see the actors and wait and see if any of the old actors come back! It's gonna be fun!!

When do you guys think a director will be announced?
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samch92 said:

HOOT HOOT BITCHES! THE FANDOM'S ALIVE AGAIN!

It depends on when the film is scheduled for release.

Lord Stafford.
    Samch92 said:

You bet your ass we're back!

Lord Stafford.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.
    I just hope they don't go all Star Wars on us by telling us this news and then going quiet on us with no news for a year.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Eeeeeek
  • Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    "Why are you here? All of you."
    "We never left."
    70 years before Harry Gets underway in New York... Was that just before Voldemort rises to terror in Great Britain?

Set in the 1920's... This is going to be awesome. New York in the 20's was a special place.

Kranen said:

Lord Stafford.
    I just hope they don't go all Star Wars on us by telling us this news and then going quiet on us with no news for a year.
    It's different with this. With Star Wars, everything is top secret. With this, you're not looking at something nearly as big.

Lord Stafford.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Kranen said:

Wtf? I have mixed feelings.

That is all.

Same here.

LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    BUT IM STILL EXCITED!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Mr108jml said:

"Why are you here? All of you."
    "We never left."

Lord Stafford.

70 years before Harry Gets underway in New York... Was that just before Voldemort rises to terror in Great Britain?

Set in the 1920's... This is going to be awesome. New York in the 20's was a special place.

Voldemort was born in the 1920's.

Lord Stafford.
    I've always wondered, being American, what the wizarding world looked like and felt like over here.

Lord Stafford.
    What is the timeline for Dumbledore/Grindlewald friendship?

Tales of Beedle the Bard movie also I hope.

Lord Stafford.
    What is the timeline for Dumbledore/Grindlewald friendship?
    From 1898 to 1899.

Lord Stafford.
    They fought in 1945.

Lord Stafford.
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Printorium announce limited edition of FBAWTFT and Gallimard (French editor have planned (before this) an reedition of the school book for october)
    imageimage
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This feels so unreal...

This feels so unreal...

And so right. :)

Lord Stafford.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn my feelings! I'm so excited and still shaking.
    imageimageimage
    I'm still processing the shock but damn i'm so happy beyond words.
    imageimageimage
  • darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    It's awesome, but I never once expected WB to be done with the franchise. They're sitting on a gold mine. It's also why I think there will inevitably be extended versions, maybe they'll even look into finishing Order of the Phoenix. Everytime someone asks me if I think there will be more movies, I say that I think there will be in some capacity. This is exactly what I meant by that.
  • MamounMamoun Posts: 973 ✭✭✭
    This is seriously surprising. I still can't believe it. Whether this is a good idea or not depends on how much I trust jk rowling on writing a good story, and I think she will do a phenomenal job.
    This could perhaps be, ladies and gentlemen, the start of a new golden age in the harry potter forum. :D
    It will definitely make sure the forum will be more active.
    imageimageimage
    "At the center of the partnership is a new film series from Rowling's world of witches and wizards, inspired by Harry Potter's Hogwarts textbook "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" and the adventures of the book's fictitious author, Newt Scamander," said Kevin Tsujihara, CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

The Studio's expanded partnership with Rowling also covers the continued expansion of its Harry Potter activities, including the wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme parks in conjunction with partner Universal Parks and Resorts (currently in Orlando, FL; opening in Hollywood, CA and Osaka, Japan), digital initiatives (including Pottermore), video games, consumer products and visitor attractions.

Lord Stafford.
    I'm so happy, i even teared up because i'm so happy. There's so much potential in the Harry Potter Universe, it would be a shame to not explore them. I hope Stuart Craig returns to design the sets.
    imageimageimage
    After all he has done for the Harry Potter film series, I can't imagine Jo having anyone else design the sets.

Lord Stafford.
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    to celebrate this i decide to read again newt' book ^^
    imageimage

After all he has done for the Harry Potter film series, I can't imagine Jo having anyone else design the sets.

Lord Stafford.

So sad Stephanie won't be there to decorate his sets. They were pure brilliance together.
    imageimageimage
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY BODY IS READY!!!!!!!!!

Lord Stafford.
    I think...

Yeah. Yeah I just shit myself.
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to cry of happiness. This is truly incredible.
    All of you can keep this post on record, but I guarantee you right here and now that this is just testing the waters for bigger things. This is supposedly only inspired by Fantastic Beasts, so I imagine it will branch out into different venues, sort of like what Peter Jackson is doing with The Hobbit and adding more to it to the point where another film is coming out of it. I can totally see them introducing points and elements in this series that will lead to other series. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if they build toward some entirely new action/adventure series.
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    The anxious about something new is back!! I'm really excited!!

All of you can keep this post on record, but I guarantee you right here and now that this is just testing the waters for bigger things. This is supposedly only inspired by Fantastic Beasts, so I imagine it will branch out into different venues, sort of like what Peter Jackson is doing with The Hobbit and adding more to it to the point where another film is coming out of it. I can totally see them introducing points and elements in this series that will lead to other series. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if they build toward some entirely new action/adventure series.

The things that come from your head... I like them.

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I regret was not joining this forum earlier, finally I will experience the forum at a prime time, I'm looking forward to this so much.

Something I regret was not joining this forum earlier, finally I will experience the forum at a prime time, I'm looking forward to this so much.

I've been through it all, and I've always enjoyed the prime times. I'm sure this time will be no different.

Lord Stafford.
  • MamounMamoun Posts: 973 ✭✭✭
    Good old days, staying up late for trailer releases, analyzing every tiny thing, reading reactions to major news. It was great.
  • sirius123sirius123 Posts: 387
    I'm not sure you remember me, guys, but I've come back too! I'm so excited, it's like a dream coming true for me.