Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DC Universe Films Thread - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice / Suicide Squad

IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
edited July 2015 in General
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - It has finally been announced.

This was just read from The Dark Knight Returns.

"I want you to remember Clark," he says, "in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
Photobucket

Photobucket
Post edited by RyGuy on

Comments

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say fuck yea enough.... Fuck fuckin yea!!!
    That's my FAVORITE graphic novel.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 – On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Lord Stafford.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Leaked logo

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lord Stafford.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I'll repost what I said in a different thread:

Words can't express how happy I am with this decision. It seems that WB has finally made an executive decision that will be commercially good and also good for the fans. First of all, Superman and Batman on-screen together will be totally amazing if done right and I'm sure it's a DC nerd's (or any superhero fan, for that matter) wetdream. Also, this means that DC is following in Marvel's footsteps and making Justice League at the end of the "introductory" films. And that is simply the right decision to make. It would've never worked had they put it at the beginning. I'm glad they're pushing it off to try and take their time with the project.

I didn't particularly like Man of Steel as much as a lot of you here, but I admired the ambition, scope and grit of the universe and I think that if the next few films can pull it off as well as--or better than-- Man of Steel, this comic-book universe will dominate Marvel's. That being said, the superhero market is already supersaturated enough as it is. They have to strive to make these new films different and likable to an audience who is going to be absolutely tired out of superheroes by 2017.
    imageimageimage
    Aaron I absolutely loved that post.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed. I wanted a trilogy (or more) with just Superman. Batman doesn't have to show up everywhere! We know that everybody loves him, but Superman was just about to get his time to shine. Why didn't they first make a few movies only Superman related, so they can explore and develop his character. This movie should've happened after a MoS trilogy!
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    OIERGNERBERVBNWJNCCJWENIFKEJWNFWEKGBEWFBNWEFBEOWBCNIOUEWNVIJEWRBGIURWENBFUENFOIQWNDOQDFJWNFWEJN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOVIE FOR OVER 12 YEARS!!! YES YES YES YES!!!!

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    This is the best news ever
    How does this only have 9 comments? I'm more hyped for this than I am Armageddon

• JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

ADSBDSABSDAJSDAJJDSJJFDJFGDGDF

calm down josh u fuckin retard its just movie news

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

BATMAN AND FUCKING SUPERMAN FUCK TO THE FUCKING FUCK YES HOLY SHIT BALLS

WORDS CANNOT EVEN FUCKING BEGIN TO EXPRESS HOW EXCITED I AM

SO LETS LEAVE IT AT THIS

OH MY FUCKING GOD

• KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually found out about this last month. Zack actually mentioned that Batman would be in Man of Steel 2 at Supanova. None of us took him seriously.

Someone asked about Justice League and if Batman would be in it. His reply was that he doesn't know much about that yet but he asked if we wanted Batman in Man of Steel 2. Obviously everyone screamed yes and he just laughed and said I'll see what he can do.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Well among the Batman fan circuit its been out there since Man of Steel first came out so this wasn't that big of surprise - it's absolutely lovely they went this route instead of Wonderwoman (Who I personally think shouldnt get a standalone movie) lol
    Yeah, not being misogynistic or anything but I'm not sure how well Wonder Woman can handle her own film. Maybe it's better if they include her in, say, The Flash movie, like how Black Widow was in Iron Man 2.
    imageimageimage
    It would have bomb written all over it unless she shared a movie... I don't even think a big name could save it.

• KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see the logo in action in this video:

• JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost like the I Am Legend poster:

• NickNick Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so superman and batman will be fighting each other that's pretty awesome but superman is gonna have batman for lunch I mean he is literally superhuman strong batman doesn,t stand a chance.
  • HessHess Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman is the only one who has defeated Superman in the past.
    how is that even possible WOW mind blown :-O
    That's how

The curved bat-logo looks a bit too childish/cartoony though. I mean they didn't have to copy Nolan's trilogy logo but something that's still more mature would be nice to fit in with the updated Superman logo.
    imageimageimage
    im sure that's just a rough cut. im sure it will look better in the movie. so when does this movie go into production?
    By the way, the film most likely won't be known as "World's Finest" but rather, "Batman vs. Superman" or "Superman vs. Batman."

http://www.slashfilm.com/next-superman-movie-likely-called-batman-vs-superman/

Not too thrilled about the title or the logo, but this film is still going to be amazing.
    imageimageimage
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Richard Armitage for the win!
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    If it aint Bale or Levitt, Armitage ftw!
    Armitage would be a fantastic choice indeed.
    Why had we never thought of this before now? He would be an excellent Batman.

Lord Stafford.
    And what about Josh Brolin?

I think it will be either Jake Gyllenhaal or Keanu Reeves. As out-of-the-box choice I also nominate Ryan Gosling.
    That's not gonna happen, they'll go for an older Batman.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they won't choose Ryan Gosling. People will confuse him with Batgirl...
    imageimageimage
    Josh brolin... Nahh. Richard all the way baby.
    Hess said:

And what about Josh Brolin?

I found this the other day:

Lord Stafford.
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...That's a bastardised quote of Irene Adler's from A Scandal in Belgravia
    imageimage
    I'm all for Richard Armitage.
    imageimageimage
  • Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for Karl Urban :D
    If they go for someone older, then why not Alan Rickman? He already has the voice, and he can play an intimidating guy (Hans Gruber).
    He doesn't have the look, and putting him up against Henry Cavill would be a bit of a mismatch.

Lord Stafford.
    Every old actor being put against Cavill would be a mismatch IMO.
    I just want Bale back.

23,000TH POST!!

Lord Stafford.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Well tough luck you're probably not getting him.
    I know, but if you consider the way things can happen, it could. I just think they should at least try to bring him back.

Lord Stafford.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    In my opinion, it would be a waste of time. The Dark Knight Trilogy will be old news by the time this movie comes out, what with the other expected super hero movies that are going to come out introducing the super heroes that will be in this movie, and the actors that portray them.

Avengers did it with Mark Ruffalo, when Edward Norton didn't want to be Hulk. Before Norton played him, Bana did. And yet Mark Ruffalo is, in my opinion, the best Hulk. Two actors had recently played Hulk, and yet a new actor playing him was a great decision, loved by many fans of the movie.

I'm saying someone else will be better than Christian Bale. But if a director, or somebody, is planning on making a new Batman movie series, it would be good to introduce him -- portrayed by a new actor -- in this movie. It could be a good decision for the future of Batman. If it would be Christian Bale playing him, people would have to get used to a different Batman with the possible new movie series. By then, as I said, with a new actor, it will give moviegoers time to move on from Christian Bale and the last series. A fresh start.
    I agree on all points made, and they need a great actor in the role of Batman; but this isn't just any character, so any great actor won't be enough. It was probably just the nostalgic side of me talking, but all I was saying is that they should at least try. As good as it would be to have a new actor, possibly in anticipation of a new Batman series of films, we all have the nostalgic side of us thinking wouldn't it be great if Bale did return?

Lord Stafford.
    Overall, I'd like someone besides Bale in the role; but imagine him going up against Henry Cavill... I think we'd all love to see that.

Lord Stafford.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bale's Batman exists in a universe where Superman doesn't exists. Snyder's Superman exists in a realistic universe of it's own.