Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The Daniel Radcliffe Appreciation Thread.

Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
You knew this was coming, and I say about time.

We have watched a child become a man. From film, to television, to theatre; this guy has done it all, and all at such a young age.

This is our tribute to Daniel Radcliffe.

Lord Stafford.

Comments

• Cathy97Cathy97 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
  • Potter35Potter35 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    ''We have watched a child become a man.''
    I know I am kind of young in age but does any one feel old yet?
    How we watched that little kid who came in the very first movie and then this grown up and awesome person in the last movie. Feeelss goood. :')
  • Cathy97Cathy97 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, Daniel Radcliffe!

Lord Stafford.
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KYD photos:
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday to Him ^^
    imageimage
  • PhoenixGoblet86PhoenixGoblet86 Posts: 52 ✭✭
    HAPPY BIRTHDAYY DAN! :D
    too many DanRad threads so I think we should just keep this one for news about him :D

Horns TIFF premiere photos:

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    edited September 2013
    With Juno and the director of Horns:

Official logo/image of Horns:

image which resembles the book cover:
    imageimage
    imageimage
    THR's photo of Dan during the Venice Film Festival
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimageimageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Daniel has 3 movies showing at TIFF and he is getting good praise for his performance in each film. I'm impressed. ^:)^
  • jdnightjdnight Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Already posted in the FBAWTFT news thread, but might as well share it here too since there's too many DanRad threads. Thanks to @dobby83 for originally sharing.

Daniel Radcliffe comments on 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' movie
    "I first thought, 'Thanks Jo, I'm going to have to answer tons of questions about this now'."

"I'm sure they're going to have a great time. I'm sure a lot of people will be really excited."

"I, needless to say, won't be involved. I don't know if any of us (the original Potter cast) will be. I know nothing about it."
    Sources: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/daniel-radcliffe-comments-on-fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-movie-94926/, http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/after-getting-naked-for-three-films-daniel-radcliffe-says-no-thanks-to-more-nudity-8822375.html
    tumblr_mhclas5CtM1s17dn4o6_250 tumblr_mmo2p90zRk1qhivs3o6_250 tumblr_mpxnqxqxDJ1sax5w8o2_250
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jdnight said:

Already posted in the FBAWTFT news thread, but might as well share it here too since there's too many DanRad threads. Thanks to @dobby83 for originally sharing.

"I first thought, 'Thanks Jo, I'm going to have to answer tons of questions about this now'."

"I'm sure they're going to have a great time. I'm sure a lot of people will be really excited."

"I, needless to say, won't be involved. I don't know if any of us (the original Potter cast) will be. I know nothing about it."
    Sources: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/daniel-radcliffe-comments-on-fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-movie-94926/, http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/after-getting-naked-for-three-films-daniel-radcliffe-says-no-thanks-to-more-nudity-8822375.html

Good. Dan's played his role and he's done, he's got a great career ahead of him. Honestly I don't want him back haha, he's Harry Potter and I don't want a random Harry cameo or voiceover or anything. I'd prefer no connections to the Potter series other than MAYBE hedwigs theme for the trailer, but even that's a stretch. It's WB, same studios, JK is involved, it will feel just like the other Potter films - that's all I need. The Hobbit wasn't as good as LOTR but same people around - felt EXACTLY like LOTR, just not as grand. We don't need the old stars, just similar people BTS
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also about Horns, Dan is getting rave reviews for acting but the movie itself is getting mixed to negative.
    Martin1 said:

jdnight said:

Good. Dan's played his role and he's done, he's got a great career ahead of him. Honestly I don't want him back haha, he's Harry Potter and I don't want a random Harry cameo or voiceover or anything. I'd prefer no connections to the Potter series other than MAYBE hedwigs theme for the trailer, but even that's a stretch. It's WB, same studios, JK is involved, it will feel just like the other Potter films - that's all I need. The Hobbit wasn't as good as LOTR but same people around - felt EXACTLY like LOTR, just not as grand. We don't need the old stars, just similar people BTS

I couldn't have said it better myself. Totally agree. :)
    tumblr_mhclas5CtM1s17dn4o6_250 tumblr_mmo2p90zRk1qhivs3o6_250 tumblr_mpxnqxqxDJ1sax5w8o2_250
    edited September 2013
    Martin1 said:

Also about Horns, Dan is getting rave reviews for acting but the movie itself is getting mixed to negative.

Aw, that's disappointing. :( Only a 40% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

It isn't a film I would normally see but the concept sounded pretty intriguing. I heard the novel was pretty good, though.
    jdnight said:

Martin1 said:

It isn't a film I would normally see but the concept sounded pretty intriguing. I heard the novel was pretty good, though.
    the book's pretty wicked
    imageimage
    imageimage
    edited September 2013

jdnight said:

Martin1 said:

the book's pretty wicked
    Really? I have to read it then. Sounds bloody excellent.

Daniel Radcliffe shoots down Freddie Mercury casting rumours

It's not a kind of magic: Daniel Radcliffe won't be playing Freddy Mercury. Photograph: guardian.co.uk
    The former Harry Potter star has denied that he is to step into Sacha Baron Cohen's shoes as the lead in a biopic of the late Queen singer

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has denied reports he will play the late Queen singer Freddie Mercury in a new biopic.

Radcliffe had emerged as a favourite with bookmakers to take the high-profile role following a report in the Daily Star. But he told Empire's podcast there was "no truth" in the rumour.

He said: "Everyone on the internet who I presume is saying I'm totally wrong for that part is correct. I am completely wrong for that part!

"If I'd seen a rumour about me playing Iggy Pop, I'd think, 'Hey, I'd have a go at that - that'd be fun!', but Freddie Mercury? No. I don't even know who the director is. They seem to be saying it's Stephen Frears and Tom Hooper on the internet.

"This is the kind of thing that happens to me and it happens to Emma (Watson) with multiple 50 Shades Of Grey things. When somebody has column inches to fill, they just sub in one of our names."

Radcliffe had been (spuriously) tipped to replace Sacha Baron Cohen in the planned biopic, the latter reportedly having exited over his desire for a racy "warts and all" portrayal of the flamboyant singer. Mercury's erstwhile bandmates are said to be planning a more "family-friendly" approach.
    Source: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/25/daniel-radcliffe-freddie-mercury-deny
    "Gravity" Director Alfonso Cuaron would like to work with Daniel Radcliffe again

"Gravity" (starring Bullock and co-starring George Clooney as her veteran astronaut counterpart) is not a traditional action film, but it might just be one of the best action films ever filmed. As Cuarón explains, his goal was more "Duel" than any other movie that's been set in space. Cuarón also discusses "Gravity"'s little-known short-film companion, "Aningaaq," that his son (and "Gravity" co-writer) Jonás Cuarón directed, along with how you'll be able to see that film.

But, first, Cuarón explains his love for his old Harry Potter star, Daniel Radcliffe.

My next interview after this is with Daniel Radcliffe, so it's like a "Prisoner of Azkaban" reunion for me.
    Here in New York?

Yes.
    Send my love to the bastard.

"The bastard"?
    Send my love to him.

And include the word "bastard"?
    Say, "to the amazing bastard" [laughs] ... I am so full of admiration on how he's handling his career. I'm so filled with admiration for him. He's so smart and has amazing taste.

You two should do another movie together.
    I would love to do something with him again. I'm a big fan, man. In your article you can quote me, because he's one actor I would love to work with again.

Just please don't wait as long this time between movies.
    Man, I don't know, I'm thick and slow -- I'm lazy. I'm lazy.
    Rest of the interview at the Source (long, but interesting and definitely worth the read): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/alfonso-cuaron-gravity_n_4018865.html
    http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82041302.html
    Bye, Bye Harry Potter! Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Love Scene in Kill Your Darlings

[For three short sentences.]
    Many fans may still think of Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, but it's clear the 23-year-old star has put his time at Hogwarts in the past.

Not only did the actor famously strip down onstage for the West End production of the psychosexual drama Equus in 2007, but he also has a gay sex scene in his upcoming flick, Kill Your Darlings, in which he plays the late Beat poet Allen Ginsberg.

Radcliffe opened up about the headline-making man-on-man action in the forthcoming flick on the Today show Monday morning, admitting he was "not surprised" by the attention the steamy scene has garnered.

"I would be a very stupid person if I didn't expect some reaction to that," he confessed. "In a way there's been less reaction to it than I thought there would be which I'm quite pleased about, a lot of people are choosing to be focused on the film."

"And to be honest, I don't really mind what reasons people go in to see the film," he added. "If they're slightly salacious or whatever. Ultimately, they're going to go in and see a really compelling drama."

The John Krokidas-directed film, which most recently premiered at the Venice Film Festival, centers on a murder in 1944 that brings together the great poets of the Beat generation, including Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac (Jack Huston) and William S. Burroughs (Ben Foster).

And despite the premise of the movie being a complete departure from Harry Potter, Radcliffe insists he's not trying to distance himself from the franchise that made him famous—and is only trying to make himself grow as an actor.

"Yes, but at the same time I don't know what I could have done that would have been similar to Harry, unless I'd signed up immediately for another young adult fantasy series," he explained when asked if he tries to seek out roles to separate himself from Harry Potter. "I think now, the thing is, I don't just want to not repeat Harry Potter but I also don't want to repeat the Woman In Black or now Kill Your Darlings. I think any actor that really enjoys what they do and wants to have a long career realizes that versatility and you know stretching yourself, it's more fun that way to be honest."

Smart guy. But while Daniel may have a desire to do more Indie flicks, the British hunk's fanbase certainly won't let him forget about his Harry Potter past.

"It was very intense," he says of his fans at the Venice Film Festival. "Also we've never done any Potter publicity over there through the 10 years, so it was kind of like ten pent-up years of excitement. It was great, they're a passionate people, there was a lot of crying, which I always find tricky to deal with, but it was good."
    Source: http://www.eonline.com/news/465042/bye-bye-harry-potter-daniel-radcliffe-talks-gay-love-scene-in-kill-your-darlings-watch?cmpid=tweol-manual

Being a non-straight person myself, I can't help but feel a little weirded out every time by how the media usually tends to handle gay, lesbian, and whatnot relationships in literature, film and TV as if it's so... ''different.'' That asides, can't wait to see this film. It looks fantastic (and from people who have already seen the film, the love scene is getting a lot of media attention when it doesn't even last 10 minutes; in the script too it's nothing really).
    jdnight said:

"Gravity" Director Alfonso Cuaron would like to work with Daniel Radcliffe again

"Gravity" (starring Bullock and co-starring George Clooney as her veteran astronaut counterpart) is not a traditional action film, but it might just be one of the best action films ever filmed. As Cuarón explains, his goal was more "Duel" than any other movie that's been set in space. Cuarón also discusses "Gravity"'s little-known short-film companion, "Aningaaq," that his son (and "Gravity" co-writer) Jonás Cuarón directed, along with how you'll be able to see that film.

But, first, Cuarón explains his love for his old Harry Potter star, Daniel Radcliffe.

My next interview after this is with Daniel Radcliffe, so it's like a "Prisoner of Azkaban" reunion for me.
    Here in New York?

Yes.
    Send my love to the bastard.

"The bastard"?
    Send my love to him.

And include the word "bastard"?
    Say, "to the amazing bastard" [laughs] ... I am so full of admiration on how he's handling his career. I'm so filled with admiration for him. He's so smart and has amazing taste.

You two should do another movie together.
    I would love to do something with him again. I'm a big fan, man. In your article you can quote me, because he's one actor I would love to work with again.

Just please don't wait as long this time between movies.
    Man, I don't know, I'm thick and slow -- I'm lazy. I'm lazy.
    Rest of the interview at the Source (long, but interesting and definitely worth the read): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/alfonso-cuaron-gravity_n_4018865.html
    http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82041302.html

omg yes please. I would love to watch an Alfonso Cuaron movie starring Dan Radcliffe :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    @silverarrowgriffin I totally agree. Cuaron is a marvelous director (even though he works pretty damn slow) and Dan has been choosing some very different, yet interesting, projects in the last three years. He has come a long way. Both of them have the potential of producing something really good together.

Rumor of the day : Daniel is dating Erin Drake
    imageimage
    These tabloids... :/ His personal life is really none of our business.
    jdnight said:

@silverarrowgriffin I totally agree. Cuaron is a marvelous director (even though he works pretty damn slow) and Dan has been choosing some very different, yet interesting, projects in the last three years. He has come a long way. Both of them have the potential of producing something really good together.

I'd love to see Emma in a Cuaron film as well
    imageimage
    imageimage
    there goes my fangirl heart again...Dan has a girlfriend </3 xD LOL
    imageimage
    imageimage
    edited October 2013

jdnight said:

I'd love to see Emma in a Cuaron film as well
    I feel Dan has really grown as an actor given how bland he was in Harry Potter. He just needed stronger material to work with, probably. I'm really impressed with him so far.

As for Emma, I really like Emma, I do, but I feel she still has a long ways to go in terms of acting (no one has to agree, this is only one opinion). Her part was too small in Marliyn to judge, she was decent enough in Perks but compared to Lerman and Miller she was pretty mediocre (I also feel she was sorely miscast for that character even though she helped that film get made). Although she was definitely a lot more convincing in The Bling Ring (bloody hell, her exact impression of Alexis Neiers was just... so scary). But still, she's not quite ''there'' yet. However, she also has a lot of potential. And given the right director, Cuaron in this case, he could definitely help her in getting a solid enough performance out of her. I don't think any of the performances in his films were ever truly disappointing (people can argue about PoA; I think Cuaron did his best in directing teens who came out fresh from the ''Chris Columbus school of acting'' and this film is personally one of my favourite Potter films).

Anyhow, this isn't really the place to discuss Emma. This is Daniel's thread. Apologies for the longer than intended response.

Daniel Radcliffe’s Next Trick Is to Make Harry Potter Disappear

Selected Quotes:
    At times in his professional life, Radcliffe said, he has felt self-conscious about other idiosyncrasies of his face, particularly when he was acting in his first post-Potter movie, a horror film called the “The Woman in Black.” During filming, he said, “I was struggling in vain to not come close to making a face that would make people think of Harry.” And how would he characterize a Harry face? “There isn’t,” he said, exhaling smoke and shaking his head. “It’s just my face. I have to accept the fact that my face is going to remind people of Harry because I played that character. If I try to avoid being expressive in that same way, all I’ll do is stop being expressive, and I won’t be any farther away from that character.”

The range of roles reflects Radcliffe’s ambition and his desire to prove, as quickly as he can, that he can genuinely act. “I have a massive chip on my shoulder,” he told me. “When you fall into something at age 11 and get paid incredible amounts of money for your entire teenage years for doing a job anyone would want, there is a part of you that thinks everybody is just saying, ‘He got there because he fell into it; he’s not really an actor.’ ” The possibility that those people might be right plagued him as well. “I feel it less nowadays,” he said. “It has taken a long time to feel like I’ve earned the place that I’m at.”
    The full, very lengthy interview can be read at the Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/magazine/daniel-radcliffe.html?ref=magazine&_r=0
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to Kill Your Darlings. :)

Lord Stafford.
    edited October 2013

I'm really looking forward to Kill Your Darlings. :)

Lord Stafford.

Agreed. The anticipation is pure torture. I feel like I've been waiting for this movie for ages.
    Post edited by jdnight on

edited October 2013
    At the Kill Your Darlings premiere in LA Thursday evening, courtesy of http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2523:

As a guest on Extra TV from Universal Studios Hollywood (it has not yet aired) with Dane DeHaan:

I don't what it is about posting pics from SnitchSeeker but a couple hours after posting, the images just... vanish. O_o Thankfully, all the images can be found via the gallery link. Select images can be found via this post: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/daniel-radcliffe-talks-kill-your-darlings-on-ellen-la-premiere-wwhl-dp-30-more-95021/
    Daniel Radcliffe and Jon Hamm Return for 2nd Series of "A Young Doctor's Notebook"

Jon Hamm said: "I'm thrilled to come back to our wonderful, weird, wild world of A Young Doctor's Notebook. Series one was an absolute blast to work on and I'm looking forward to continuing this bizarre adventure."

Daniel Radcliffe added: "I had absolutely no hesitation in agreeing to do a second series of A Young Doctor's Notebook. I had an incredible time working with the multi talented Jon Hamm and of course am a huge fan of Mikhail Bulgakov's work and so was thrilled when I was told a second series had been commissioned. I am also greatly looking forward to working with our new director Robert McKillop and cannot wait to commence filming this summer.”

1st Series airing on American tv this month (Oct 2nd on Ovation TV). 2nd Series will air in December.

Additional article in The New York Times about the series.
    Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82150227.html

Original Sources: http://skyarts.sky.com/playhouse-presents/daniel-radcliffe-interview | http://skyarts.sky.com/playhouse-presents/a-young-doctors-notebook-series-2

I started watching the first series. Short, but well-written, well-acted - just brilliant.
    edited October 2013
    'Horns' gets a distributor

There’ll calling it an off-beat supernatural thriller, where’ll calling it a welcome departure from the filmmaker who balsted onto the scene with a great Euro-horror sample High Tension. Starring a robust Daniel Radcliffe, Deadline reports that Alexandre Aja’s Horns has been picked up post-TIFF in an all Weinstein tag-team deal by Dimension and RADiUS-TWC. A 2014 release is in the cards.

Gist: Based on the novel by comic book author Joe Hill, blamed for the brutal murder of his longtime girlfriend (Juno Temple), a small-town guy (Daniel Radcliffe) awakens one morning to find a pair of horns growing from his head.

Worth Noting: Dimension previously released Alex Aja’s Piranha 3D.

Do We Care?: This was among the better offerings at this year’s Midnight Madness section at TIFF (programmers called it “a surreal storyline are evocative of the much beloved cult hit Twin Peaks,” with rave reviews going to Aja’s style and Radcliffe’s perf.
    Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82141168.html

Original Source: http://www.ioncinema.com/acquisitions-indie-films/impulse-purchase-dimension-radius-twc-team-for-alexandre-ajas-horns

Despite the mixed to negative reviews this received at the Toronto International Film Festival this year, this is still good news, I think. It's good to see Dan doing so well. Maybe the general public will enjoy this film more. From other people who have seen the film already, many have said the film was pretty good despite what the critics have said.
    Daniel Radcliffe: "He's a Great Kisser," Says His Kill Your Darlings Costar Dane DeHaan

There's been a lot of talk about Daniel Radcliffe's gay sex scene in his new indie drama Kill Your Darlings.

But did you also know the former Harry Potter star shares a romantic kiss with Dane DeHaan?

In the film, Radcliffe stars as the late gay Beat poet Allen Ginsberg during his freshman year at Columbia University in 1943 when he first meets fellow aspiring writers Lucien Carr (DeHaan), Jack Kerouac (Jack Huston) and William Boroughs (Ben Foster).

"Dan's a great kisser," DeHaan told me last night at Darlings' L.A. premiere.

"So is he—there's no shame in saying that," Radcliffe said.

"It's like the first time that two people who have a lot of feelings for each other are finally getting to express that in any kind of way," DeHaan explained. "I'm glad it turned out like it is. I think it's really beautiful." (The movie also tells the story of Carr's brutal killing of David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall), an older friend who was obsessed with him for much of his young life. Carr served just 18 months behind bars after claiming he was acting in self-defense when Kammerer attacked him for rejecting his sexual advances.)

Radcliffe and DeHaan have started a campaign to win Best Kiss at the next MTV Movie Awards.

"Fingers crossed that it's a nominee," director John Krokidas said. "That would make me so happy."

And get this, Radcliffe actually auditioned for the film. " "We had an actor date, which is kind of like a first date and you realize within five minutes whether or not you have chemistry," Krokidas said. "We spent six hours getting to know each other and then he offered to audition. He nailed it."
    Source: http://www.eonline.com/news/466711/daniel-radcliffe-he-s-a-great-kisser-says-his-kill-your-darlings-costar-dane-dehaan?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    imageimage
  • HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
    unofficial clip from horns ->

Flaunt Magazine
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimage
    <3
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Dan Radcliffe to NPR: 'This is what I want to do'
    Since finishing the last film in the series, Dan Radcliffe has certainly branched out from Potter. In a new interview with NPR, Dan spoke about his time as Harry, as well as his new roles (including in Kill Your Darlings), and why he loves the film industry.

"On his parents' hesitance at letting him play Harry Potter:

Both my mom and my dad had not had very great experiences as actors, and when I was initially asked to audition for Harry, they both said no. And I didn't have any knowledge of this at this point — obviously they kept me pretty out of it, rightly so. But they said no, because at that time the deal was that we'd have to sign on for seven films, and they'd all be made in America, and they just said, "No, that will be too big of a shift to his life. That's not going to happen."

And so months later, when the deal had changed, and ... we only had to sign on for two, and they'd both be filmed in the U.K. — I think [with that], coupled with the fact that I was really not having a great time at school, they thought, "Maybe we should let him audition." And then everything went from there.

On his sense of belonging in the film business:

The British school system ... if you're not good at certain things, basically it makes you feel very, very mediocre and very average. To suddenly be taken out of that and put into a world where A) I felt like I belonged and B) my insane energy levels that I had, particularly as a kid ... were actually viewed as useful and people enjoyed that about me ... it gave me a purpose and sense of belonging and confidence that I doubt I ever would've had, had I not gotten into it when I did. So I want to do it for the rest of my life."
    Source: http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/7335

Amidst the press tours for Kill Your Darlings, Dan wrote down his thoughts for The NY Daily News regarding the controversial same-sex love scenes in the film and getting out of Potter’s shadow.

On the topic of the same-sex love scene with his co-star Dane Dehaan, which in entirety only lasts about 30 seconds in the entire two hour film, Dan isn’t worried about it at all. In many press interviews over the last month or so, he’s waved it off easily.

“It’s maybe more shocking because many people continue to look at me as Harry Potter. I accept the fact that I’m always going to be associated with the franchise and I’m fine with that.”

He speaks to the differences in filming the blockbuster HP series and compares it to the independent filming of Kill You Darlings.

“On Harry Potter, I grew up thinking it was normal to have expensive two crane cameras on set, every single day, just in case we needed one on standby. On Kill Your Darlings, we had the crane camera for just a single day.”

As to Dan continuing to learn and grow as an actor, he gives readers an insight into his thought process on his character in Kill Your Darlings.

“One of the reasons I took this particular part is that there are parts of Allen Ginsberg that I can relate to. It’s somebody finding out who he is, and everyone had some variant of that experience around the age that Allen is in the film. It’s about young love and all that goes with it.”

While the love scene may have been ‘giggly and awkward’, Dan had more important things to worry about on the set – nailing Allen’s accent.

“I enjoyed learning how to speak in a New Jersey accent. On set, I just did it all the time. I listed to a lot of Allen Ginsberg at various stages of his life and Jersey accents of varying degrees on the internet.”

To read more about Dan’s filming experiences from the man himself, check out his guest column over at NY Daily News!

Source: http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/7339
    VIDEO: Daniel Radcliffe & Dane DeHaan Pitch 'Hardcore Sex' Movie on MTV AFTER HOURS Spoof (with Alan Rickman & Ashley Greene)

634.ab.daniel.082312_copy
    In the last year or so, Kickstarter has become a more and more viable way for independent filmmakers to make their dreams come true, and as Zach Braff and the cast of "Veronica Mars" taught us, the platform isn't exclusively for amateurs.

That's why Daniel Radcliffe and Dane DeHaan, the stars of the upcoming film "Kill Your Darlings," have come to you to help bring their vision to the big screen.

Their project is called "Snowy River," and it's unlike anything you've ever seen before. The film, which takes in Brooklyn, tells the story of two friends, who are bound by a terrible childhood secret. (Radcliffe has already mastered the accent he needs to bring the character to life, so a lot of the work is done.)

This being Kickstarter, you probably want to know about the perks. What will you get if you donate to "Snowy River"? Well, Radcliffe and DeHaan are very famous and very well-connected, so if you help them out, they'll help you out. The one perk that's specified in the video is an evening of watching television with none other than Alan Rickman. Think about all the dry comments he'll make about the Kardashians!

Basically, it's up to you to make this dream come true for Radcliffe and DeHaan, but mostly Radcliffe because he seems to be the one with the big ideas, like hardcore sex scenes in the movie. He's already started the casting process, and the Kickstarter video gives us a look at "Twilight" star Ashley Greene's audition tape.

Make "Snowy River" a reality by watching the latest episode of "After Hours" and donating to the Kickstarter campaign (which actually doesn't exist).

Below, check out a hilarious new "After Hours" MTV spoof featuring Daniel Radcliffe, Dane DeHaan, Ashley Greene and Alan Rickman.

[If the embed doesn't work, it can be watched HERE @ the Source]

SOURCE 1 | 2 | 3
    Hahahaha that was epic
    imageimage
    imageimage