Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Would Sirius Black have died if he had treated Kreacher better?

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
Thoughts?

Comments

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Yes. Kreacher was shown being nasty to anyone, including those who were nice to him. However, Sirius definitely would've come to the battle at the Department of Mysteries regardless of the circumstances with Kreacher, which I don't quite remember--it's been a while. However, I remember the book was building up Sirius' restlessness; the climax was always going to be the time when he broke free and joined the fray. Even if the circumstances changed, Voldemort always wanted to isolate Harry, so I'm sure he would've taken Sirius out anyway.
    imageimageimage
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    RyGuy said:

Thoughts?

You first !!
    imageimage
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirius needed to die so whether he was nice to Kreacher, Jo would find some other way to kill him.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely.

Sirius needed to die so whether he was nice to Kreacher, Jo would find some other way to kill him.

Kreacher had nothing to do with his death.
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not directly though.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kreacher had everything to do with Harry thinking Sirius was in trouble. If he had answered Harry's question truthfully, Harry wouldn't have gone to the Ministry, so Sirius wouldn't have died (there and then). T answer the thread's question, I agree with Aaron.
    I think it's a little unfair to blame Kreacher for his death. His lie set things into motion for sure, but Harry chose to believe him. He chose to go to the ministry. And Sirius chose to join the order on that night. In the end, however, Bellatrix is 100% responsible for his death.
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said Kreacher was responsible, I'm just saying if he had answered the question truthfully, Harry would have known Voldemort was messing with his mind. I'm sure it would still have been a matter of time that Sirius would break free and get killed.