Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The Official Carrie Underwood Thread.

NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Official Carrie Underwood. If there are Any Carrie Underwood Fans out there this is the place to post Pics and Videos of The Queen Of Country. The Legendary Ms Carrie Underwood.

Comments

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carrie Marie Underwood (born March 10, 1983) is an American country music singer, songwriter, and actress. She rose to fame as the winner of the fourth season of American Idol in 2005. Underwood has since become a multi-platinum selling recording artist, a winner of six Grammy Awards, sixteen Billboard Music Awards, seven American Music Awards and ten Academy of Country Music Awards, among several others. As a songwriter, she has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. Underwood is also a two-time winner of the Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year award and the first woman to win such an award twice (2009/10). Underwood was inducted into and became a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 2008. She was also inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame in 2009.[2]

Her debut album, Some Hearts, was released in 2005. Buoyed by the huge crossover success of the singles "Before He Cheats" and "Jesus, Take the Wheel", it went on to become the fastest selling debut country album in Nielsen SoundScan history, the best-selling solo female debut album in country music history and the best-selling country album of the last 10 years. Underwood won three Grammy Awards for the album, including Best New Artist. Her second album, Carnival Ride, was released in 2007, with one of the biggest opening weeks by a female artist in history, and later earned Underwood two Grammy Awards, for the singles "Last Name" and "I Told You So". Released in 2009, her third album, Play On, was led by the success of its first single, "Cowboy Casanova", and was ranked the second top-selling release of that year by a female artist. 2012's Blown Away, her fourth album, quickly became the second best-selling release by a female artist in the year. She won a Grammy Award for the album's song "Blown Away". With her strong album and single sales, and $100 million in tour revenues, Underwood is the biggest American Idol earner and the fourth biggest album seller of the past ten years. She has sold a combined 45 million records worldwide.

Described by music critics, such as Billboard 's,[3] as Country Music's reigning Queen, Underwood is the only solo country artist to have a number one hit on Billboard Hot 100 Songs in the 2000 decade, as "Inside Your Heaven" reached the top of the chart in 2005. She is also the female country artist with the most number one hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, from 1991 to present, having 12 No. 1s and breaking her own Guinness Book record of ten, which was co-held with Reba McEntire.[4][5] Some Hearts was named the Best Country Album of the 2000 Decade by Billboard and she was the top-ranked female artist on Billboard's Best Country Artists of the 2000 Decade list.[6][7]
    edited April 2013
    Fresh from international stops across the Atlantic, six-time Grammy winner and ACM double-nominee Carrie Underwood’s “Blown Away Tour” has returned to play a string of sold-out arenas in North America to rave reviews. All 22 tour dates performed so far this year have been sell-outs, including Buffalo’s First Niagara Center, Hamilton, ON’s Copps Coliseum, Spokane’s Spokane Arena, and Fresno’s SaveMart Center, each with sold-out crowds of over 10,000 attendees.

“The Blown Away Tour” broke records at the WFCU Centre in Windsor, ON, Canada as the fastest sell-out to date for the arena, as well as record-breaking attendance. The tour, which launched last June, has played across the United States, Canada, the U.K., Ireland, and Australia, and will perform a total of 111 dates in less than a year before wrapping on May 23 in Abbotsford, BC, Canada.

After performing last night in St. John, NB, Canada Carrie will head to Los Angeles to debut the fourth single off her platinum-selling Blown Away album, “See You Again,” on American Idol, Thursday, April 4. On Sunday, April 7 Carrie will perform on the ACM Awards in Las Vegas, where she is nominated in the Female Vocalist of the Year and Album of the Year (Blown Away) categories.

Carrie has produced three major arena concert tours in her career so far, 2008’s “Carnival Ride Tour,” 2010’s “Play On Tour” and 2012’s “Blown Away Tour,” each resulting in her being named the top-ranked country female touring artist of those years. In 2012, Carrie performed for over half a million fans on the first leg of the “Blown Away Tour.”

A donation of $1 from each ticket sold on the North American leg of the “Blown Away Tour” continues in 2013 to support Red Cross disaster relief. Every year, the American Red Cross prepares for and responds to nearly 70,000 disasters across the United States. This donation will help the Red Cross provide shelter, food, and emotional support for those in need after a disaster. Proceeds from her Canadian concerts will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross.

Since releasing her debut album in 2005, Carrie has sold over 15 million albums and placed 17 No. 1 singles on the charts. Her recent album, Blown Away, made history by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at No. 1. The now platinum-selling Blown Away album also debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1. She is a six-time Grammy winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry.
    .2 CommentsLogin or register to post comments

AnnaleeBigCarrieFan - Tue, 04/16/2013 - 10:09
    She's The Real Entertainer Of The Year You Go Girl

wildcard - Fri, 04/12/2013 - 09:22
    she is doing great I saw her in Providence and it was a great show!!!

Upcoming Tour Dates
    Apr 27 2013 Cedar Park Center Cedar Park, TXTickets Apr 29 2013 Cajundome Lafayette, LATickets May 1 2013 Sprint Center Kansas City, MOTickets May 2 2013 US Cellular Coliseum Bloomington, ILTickets May 3 2013 BMO Harris Bradley Center Milwaukee , WITickets
    MORE EVENTS»
    Xix19 EntertainmentArista Nashville Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth
    © 2013 Sony Music Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. 19 & Design is a trademark of 19 Entertainment Ltd. Used under license. ARISTA (Stylized) is a registered trademark of Arista Records, LLC.

Read more: http://www.carrieunderwoodofficial.com/us/news/blown-away-tour-sells-out#ixzz2RbqTX22O
    She brought along a few wardrobe changes, a satellite stage that floated above the crowd, a few enormous beach balls and a first-rate light and video show. It all added to the spectacle of Carrie Underwood’s show at the Sprint Center on Wednesday, but none of it overshadowed the main attraction: her voice.
    edited May 2013
    Over the course of 90 minutes, Underwood unleashed upon a crowd of about 13,000 fans a torrent of relentless sky-scraping anthems that showed off her mighty vocal prowess. Wednesday night’s show was a makeup date for a December concert canceled because Underwood was ill. Though there were moments when she spoke between songs when her voice sounded tired, even slightly hoarse, she had no trouble roaring relentlessly through 19 songs.

Underwood is touring on her fourth studio album, “Blown Away,” released one year ago. She performed half of that album, including “Leave Love Alone,” for which she was joined by the evening’s opening act, Hunter Hayes. During “Remind Me,” she was joined via video by her duet partner, Brad Paisley.

edited May 2013
    There were other gimmicks and visual attractions, none bigger than the satellite stage she and a few guys from of her eight-piece band jumped aboard and road aloft over the crowd on the floor for several songs. She left the stage a few times while her band kept time with an instrumental interlude and returned, once from beneath the stage, wearing something different but equally as fashionable. And the video and light show all night was orchestrated for anyone with a short attention span.

But this show was primarily about the petite lady from small-town Oklahoma and her impressive ability to fill a sports arena with her voice. Underwood has 11 No. 1 country hits, and she sang seven of them, including “Before He Cheats,” “Wasted,” “All-American Girl,” “Cowboy Casanova” and “Last Name.”

edited May 2013
    The affect of so many anthems played together can be relentless, making for a show that is all vocal feats and fury with little nuance. A stripped-down ballad here and there would have provided some relief. But there was little of that, save for “One-Way Ticket,” a generic attempt at a country/reggae song that fell flat, and the back-to-back delivery of her two songs of inspiration, “Temporary Home” and “Jesus, Take the Wheel.”

Underwood had been doing a two-song encore on this tour but she cut it to one song this evening, another sign that she might have been feeling under weather that was turning blustery. That song was the title track to the new album and during her performance canons unleashed a blizzard of confetti and the band hurled itself into another big country rock-anthem. And one more time, Underwood’s voice rose above it all.

edited May 2013
    Hunter Hayes: The opener played to a huge crowd during his 40-minute set, and it was easy to see why. He is a 21-year-old heartthrob with plenty of skills, vocally and instrumentally (guitar, piano). His setlist included “Light Me Up,” “I Want Crazy,” “Where We Left Off” and “Wanted,” his hit single, which aroused the biggest cheer of the night, Underwood’s set included.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Carrie is awesome! :D
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could have gone to her show here last week... she's my favorite Idol winner, and I've loved her ever since I saw her then.

Favorite songs:

Blown Away
    Before He Cheats
    Last Name
    Wasted
    Remind Me (with Brad Paisley)
    my favotie songs are
    undo it
    Cowboy Casanova
    Blown Away
    Jesus Take The Wheel.
    Oops, forgot about Cowboy Casanova! Also one of my favorites!
    I really like See You Again
    image image image
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temporary Home is beautiful, if a bit sad. Carrie has a fantastic voice.

Lord Stafford.
    She clearly has the voice for it. :)

Lord Stafford.

She clearly has the voice for it. :)

Lord Stafford.

Definitely! She'll be awesome for it! I can imagine it now. :D
    I cannot wait until September.
    The good thing about Carrie, is that she doesn't need anything to enhance her voice. A complete natural, and certainly a big talent.

Lord Stafford.
    yea she is the real deal. absolutely amazing in every way.
    @lord @Stafford could you please post Carrie,s Blown Away video on here for me? I don,t know how to do it. I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks @SoulxxBond your the best!!!
    edited May 2013
    Cover Girl for June issue of Marie Claire

looking good Carrie.
    Where's the video for See you Again? :/
    image image image
    Carrie Underwood to Release The Blown Away Tour: LIVE DVD August 13
    Can't wait :D
    image image image

Carrie Underwood is giving fans the chance to bring her live show home with them. She will release The Blown Away Tour: LIVE DVD on August 13. Filmed this past March in Ontario, California, the DVD features more than twenty songs with performances of a dozen of Carrie’s No. 1 hits, including fan favorites “Before He Cheats,” “Jesus Take The Wheel” and “Blown Away.

In addition to nearly 100 minutes of performance footage, the DVD will include exclusive bonus clips offering a behind-the-scenes look at the tour with interviews from Carrie and Raj Kapoor, the tour’s director behind the production and over-the-top effects throughout the Blown Away Tour. A selection of Carrie’s music videos will also be included.

The Blown Away Tour launched in the spring of 2012 and wrapped May 23, 2013, playing a total of 112 dates in 110 cities, six countries and three continents for more than 1,000,000 fans. The tour sold out every concert this year.

The stage production for the tour included 3,000 square feet of video walls and 23,063 feet of cable to create the 172 different colors used in the show’s lighting. During each show, Carrie and her band flew 150 feet above the audience on a secondary stage that weighed 5,890 pounds. A total of 450 CO2 tanks and 222 Nitrogen tanks were used during the 112 shows to create a tornado effect at each performance
    hmmm now the question for me is this do I buy the dvd and ruin the expierence of seeing her live as I will be seeing her live on Sept 13th geez I don,t know what to do im torn about this
    Carrie Underwood's awesome week got off to a roaring start at the CMT Music Awards.

Underwood won top honor video of the year Wednesday night for "Blown Away," capping the evening with an emotional tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims before taking the fan-voted award for the second year in a row. Miranda Lambert and Florida Georgia Line were the night's top winners with two awards apiece.

"The good Lord has been very good to me — well, to all of us in this room — for a very long time," Underwood told the crowd after the win.

Underwood — the top winner in CMT Awards history with 10 belt buckles, including four for video of the year — also is celebrating the opening of a Country Music Hall of Fame exhibit and five years with the Grand Ole Opry. She'll close down the Country Music Association Festival on Sunday night. All of this comes less than two weeks after joining the Rolling Stones in Toronto on May 25 — the eighth anniversary of her win on "American Idol."

It was "Idol" that gave Underwood her close relationship with fans, and they continue to show up for her.

"It's crazy and it's amazing and it's all about the fans," Underwood said backstage before leaning against the wall to chat with Lenny Kravitz. "It still blows my mind."

Congratulation Carrie!!!!
    im going to California at the end of this month to See Carrie Underwood live!!!
    Carrie Underwood ‏@carrieunderwood 6h
    We're ready to rock LP Field tonight even if we have to rock out in the rain! #ThatsHowWeRoll #CMAFest
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO CARRIE UNDERWOOD AND MIKE FISHER!! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR MARRIAGE!!!!!!!!!
    Carrie is such a class act a few months ago she gave a fan his very FIRST kiss onstage at one of her concerts.
    Here,s The Trailer for Carrie,s Upcoming Blown Away Tour Live Dvd.
    I'll be buying it for sure :D
    image image image
    so im going to wait to buy it because im going to see her blown away tour on September 13th and I don,t want to be spoiled by watching the dvd.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    This forum seriously has a fucking Carrie Underwood thread?

lol like i had no idea lol
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Whose Carrie Underwood?
    Richard said:

Whose Carrie Underwood?

Blowjob Bandits stealing Teresa's pet turtle? Caught on a landslide riding the midnight train to anal rape?
    Richard said:

Whose Carrie Underwood?

Whose Princess Diana? trolololol
    image image image
    Henrick said:

Richard said:

Whose Carrie Underwood?

Whose Princess Diana? trolololol
    lol dead lolol
    woahhhhh I went dere
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Richard said:

Whose Carrie Underwood?

Richie you silly. She's a country music singer.
    today is the day!!!
  • I'm buying it :D
    image image image
    please don't tell me anything about it. ill be going to see the show in exactly 4 weeks!!! I want to be surprised.
  • Okay, Nick. I won't! I hope you have a blast at the concert :D
    image image image