Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Disney Pixar's "Finding Dory"

aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod

Disney have officially announced that Finding Dory will be in cinemas come 25 November 2015.

Albert Brooks and Ellen Degeneres are set to reprise their roles, Andrew Stanton is directing again and Victoria Strouse has been working on the screenplay.

From Disney’s press release:

“I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” said DeGeneres. “I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating ‘Toy Story 16.’ But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is—it’s got a lot more Dory.”

Director and Pixar veteran Andrew Stanton takes audiences back to the extraordinary underwater world created in the original film. “There is no Dory without Ellen,” said Stanton. “She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn’t stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In ‘Finding Dory,’ she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way.”

According to Stanton, “Finding Dory” takes place about a year after the first film, and features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang, among others. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life.
imageimageimage

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    YaY!!!
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'M SO HAPPY THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

• Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG!!! I'm so happy!! Finding Nemo is my favourite Pixar film!! :) YAY!!
  • alexdridhpalexdridhp Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    i love this title soooooooo much !!!
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was the most obvious April fools joke ever only to see actual excitement...

Martin is confused...
    Okay wow it's legit? Damn.

My reaction - ehhh. Be original Pixar, no sequel has been as good as their original. Toy Story 3 was my least favorite of the trilogy and Cars 2 was just poop. I love Finding Nemo but c'mon, this is just becoming pathetic.
    Like seriously, this is how stupid they all are.

"So guys, we're having trouble thinking of a new movie."
    "Well hold up, remember finding nemo?"
    "Yeah, and?"
    "Well, nemo was lost and marlin had to find him."
    "...continue"
    "What if DORY got lost?!?"
    "...goddamn that's the greatest idea I've ever heard."
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    =)) ^
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    The milking has begun!
    imageimageimage
    Martin1 said:

My reaction - ehhh. Be original Pixar, no sequel has been as good as their original. Toy Story 3 was my least favorite of the trilogy and Cars 2 was just poop. I love Finding Nemo but c'mon, this is just becoming pathetic.

Excuse me but Toy Story 3 is arguably a masterpiece and my favourite animated film :) !!!!!!! And cars 2 isn't thaat bad it's just not worty to be called a pixar film
    Toy story 3 is good - I'm saying its nowhere near the first
    The animation of toy story 3 is outstanding compared to the first !!! Just my humble opinion :)
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this an April Fools joke or not?
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

The animation of toy story 3 is outstanding compared to the first !!! Just my humble opinion :)

Well, it will be, won't it? Toy Story 3 being released 15 years after the first.

Lord Stafford.
    of course not
    im sorry.

Well, it will be, won't it? Toy Story 3 being released 15 years after the first.

Lord Stafford.
    Agreed but animation plays a big role for me....i'm not saying the first is not a good film it's a masterpice too but i've fallen in love with toy story 3 ever sicne i saw it in theaters so nothing can't top it :P

That really doesn't have much weight on the quality. I'm not going to like phantom menace over empire strikes back because better visuals, will I?
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Its all about story
    yea its about story. but this doesn,t sound like a good story or very original for that matter.
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭

:D
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I'm even more excited now. This will be great, I know it.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martin1 said:

Well, you are in the minority there.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    IMO the only Pixar film that really warrants a sequel is the Incredibles. I do think Pixar needs to stop milking some franchises just for cash (Cars 2) but some of their sequels have been quite excellent (Toy Story 2 and 3.) I think Finding Dory could very well swing either way (same with Monsters University.) The thing is, Pixar also has a fantastic new original lineup for the next few years (The Good Dinosaur, Inside Out, Day of the Dead movie), so I don't think I mind this decision that much.
    imageimageimage
    So now that I know this ISN'T an April Fools Joke, words can not describe how excited I am. EEK!!!
    LMAO =))
    aaron said:

IMO the only Pixar film that really warrants a sequel is the Incredibles. I do think Pixar needs to stop milking some franchises just for cash (Cars 2) but some of their sequels have been quite excellent (Toy Story 2 and 3.) I think Finding Dory could very well swing either way (same with Monsters University.) The thing is, Pixar also has a fantastic new original lineup for the next few years (The Good Dinosaur, Inside Out, Day of the Dead movie), so I don't think I mind this decision that much.

Agreed, The Incredibles is the only one that ever screamed sequel.

The problem is that none of these movies need sequels, they're being made just because they can!

I want to see original stuff! I want a new movie to be obsessed over, not a sequel that has a plot only slightly different than the previous.

Look I'm sure the movie will be good, no doubts there, but it's definitely not what I want to see.
    Again don't get me wrong, I'll watch it and probably enjoy it very much, but I'd much rather see an original and new idea. That's why I'm looking forward to A Good Dinosaur. Monsters U and Finding Dory? Will watch, but not necessarily looking forward to it...
    I'm anticipating Inside Out the most. I think it has the potential to be something really great and one of Pixar's all time classics. The concept is just so fascinating.
    It does sound interesting, but that probably won't be seen until 2016/2017. Long ways to go
    It's been given a release date of June 2015, so hopefully no longer than that.
    Pixar ALWAYS delays their movies.

It's been given a release date of June 2015, so hopefully no longer than that.

I doubt they'd release 2 in a year...
    Oh well, as long as it comes out eventually, I'm happy. :)
    edited April 2013

Martin1 said:

That really doesn't have much weight on the quality. I'm not going to like phantom menace over empire strikes back because better visuals, will I?

I don't want to waste your time by reading all this so if you are bored you can skip the following part:

{I think you misunderstood me !!!!!!!!! When i said animation plays a big role me i didn't mean generally !!!!! It is one of the reasons why i loved toy story 3 more than toy story and other pixar films !!!!! Of course i loved the first toy story because it was something original and imaginative with a great script etc. But it was toy story 3 that made me laugh cry and smile the most....i was impressed with how well it continued the story , it tied all loosse ends and i was so shocked with the landfill scene !!!! It was so beautiful so clever and not so predictable !!! it's a 98% perfect movie for me.....(i can forgive even its flaws) .

I don't appreciate a movie only for the effects or animation !!!!!!! It's the story that makes me like/dislike/love/hate a movie Just like you guys :D
    }

I'm looking foward to see finding dory not for the animation but to see if it's a good sequel and i hope it will be :D

Martin1 said:

I don't want to waste your time by reading all this so if you are bored you can skip the following part:

{I think you misunderstood me !!!!!!!!! When i said animation plays a big role me i didn't mean generally !!!!! It is one of the reasons why i loved toy story 3 more than toy story and other pixar films !!!!! Of course i loved the first toy story because it was something original and imaginative with a great script etc. But it was toy story 3 that made me laugh cry and smile the most....i was impressed with how well it continued the story , it tied all loosse ends and i was so shocked with the landfill scene !!!! It was so beautiful so clever and not so predictable !!! it's a 98% perfect movie for me.....(i can forgive even its flaws) .

I don't appreciate a movie only for the effects or animation !!!!!!! It's the story that makes me like/dislike/love/hate a movie Just like you guys :D
    }

I'm looking foward to see finding dory not for the animation but to see if it's a good sequel and i hope it will be :D

No no I get you loll. I just feel the opposite about Toy Story 3, kinda saw it all playing out and wasn't really touched or moved by the landfill scene or the actual ending. But hey people feel differently about those things and it's fine. I still enjoyed the movie, but I have a good feeling if Pixar spent their time on something original, I would've like it better. That's why 2010 I remember How to Train Your Dragon, which is my favorite animated film ever, and not TS3. HTTYD just seemed like a big leap of faith, kinda like Shrek, and it moved me.

Not to say a Pixar film hasnt movie, many have, but they werent Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, or Cars 2. I doubt Monsters University or Finding Dory will either...
    edited April 2013
    Toy story 2 and cars 2 didn't move me either (Of course TS2 was far better). I really want to see something original from pixar too. Last year they had a chance but brave was an epic fail not as a film but as an attempt to make something new. And i don't believe FD will ever ever ever be better than the magnificient FN even though i really hope for it. As for MU my expectations are a bit low. Any way i can't wait for inside out :) And FFS bring is Incredibles 2 Pixar !!!!!!!
  • LordPottermortLordPottermort Posts: 268 ✭✭
    I'm excited for this film but I can't wait for rhe Día de los Muertos film!
    Blood Will Be Spilled on July 15, 2011 ...For the Greater Good.
    Like I'm sure Monsters U and Finding Dory will be good, I just doubt they'll be brilliant.
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope someday we get a sequel to The Incredibles. It's my favorite Pixar film.

Among larger presentations for 2014’s The Good Dinosaur and Inside Out, which opens summer 2015, there was also a briefer presentation for Pixar’s Finding Dory today at D23, which doesn’t open until fall 2015.

Director Andrew Stanton, returning from the original, took to the stage, saying that while he’d been asked if there could be a sequel before, he never wanted to do it until he had a good idea for one. The Dory presentation began with a clip from Finding Nemo in which Dory mentions her family in passing and how all of them have short-term memory… or at least she thinks so. Stanton said that when thinking about a sequel idea, he began to hone in on Dory and wonder, “Where’s her family? What happened to them? How did she lose them?”

Stanton said that Finding Dory picks up a year after Finding Nemo and while Dory is living a good life with Marlin and Nemo, her condition “can be a burden for those around her.” The story kicks into gear when “a traumatic event causes her homing instincts to kick in,” and Dory takes off to return to her family. As the film continues, Marlin and Nemo are looking for Dory, while she in turn is looking for her family.

Ellen DeGeneres and Albert Books (now officially confirmed) are of course returning as Dory and Marlin, and at the panel today, some new voice casting was revealed: Modern Family’s Ty Burrell as a beluga whale named Bailey that befriends Dory and as Dory's parents, Jenny and Charlie, Diane Keaton and Eugene Levy.
  • FangwidgeonFangwidgeon Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    Kranen said:
    Kranen said:
    Hahahaha, is that from Community? Love that show :p
    Not sure. I just found it on Google. Thought it was funny and had to use it.
    TRAILER!!!

• PatricierPatricier Posts: 252 ✭✭
    I just hope that this film has no weird scenes like in The Good Dinosaur (you'll know what I mean when you see it)