Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

White House Down - Trailer & Posters

Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
edited March 2013 in Movies

Comments

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    edited March 2013
    @Richard @Nick @Isaiah Weasley

Same plot of Olympus has Fallen.

If you enjoyed this one im sure you're going to enjoy this one too!:D

I saw it today and I was like White has down have no chance to beat this one but came back home and the trailer was release and I was surprised I admit :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yea I love Ronald Emerich this looks amazing and also it looks to be on a greater scale than Olympus Has Fallen
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    HahaNice!! Im definitely seeing this one too. As of now though, the trailer for Olympus intrigued me more. Roland is a great director so I have no doubt this will be awesome. Also I realized this-

Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler ( who were in Law Abiding Citizense) will play in two almost similair different movies. And Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Smith ( in The Dark Knight) as well. Interesting. I dont really fancy Tatum but I love Roland and Jamie. This will be interesting to say the least. :)
    question about Olympus was the vice president also in the bunker with the terrorists?
    Yes hes the one who had the knife to his throat I think? Im seeing it again next week Ill let you know.
    I know that the vice president and the president were taken hostage thats why morgan freeman the speaker was acting president.
    ok also this movie really made me think exactly how easy it really would be to take the white house I mean it takes 15 minutes for a military response. kinda scary to think about.
    edited March 2013

nope he died ealier lol he's the one talking with the president.
    Nick said:

ok also this movie really made me think exactly how easy it really would be to take the white house I mean it takes 15 minutes for a military response. kinda scary to think about.

Trust me, all what was seen was 90% fictional. If this was a real scenerio the acting president would have the white house blown with the president in it, if cerverus was truly compromised. No doubt.
    I really liked how the president got shot lol. And also the moment Gerard Butler told the terrorist he would stick his knife in his brain when he catches him, I knew it was going to happen. A classic move right there.
    yea!!! I loved that part too knife to the brain like a boss but it was kinda overkill I mean wasn,t the terrorists neck broken?
    It wasnt yet I heard a crack but I think he still got him. Also the part about the traitor, that sooo reminded me of Die Hard when Alan Rickman pretends to be a histage lol!
    definitely buying this when its released on blu ray.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    O.O

Holy hell! Amazing trailer! Must see movie!!! Damn that was intense!
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    I watched Olympus a few hours ago. It was a great action film, with Gerard Butler being a badass in it. I'm interested on how White House Down will be different (besides the fact of having the White House attacked by Americans). I hope that no terrorist learns how to attack the White House with this film lol
    americans are going to attack the white house?

I hope that no terrorist learns how to attack the White House with this film lol

LOL at this so bad haha :P I said the same thing too :P
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOLY SHIT, that trailer was intense! This looks miles better than Olympus Has Fallen!
    Count me as excited for this now!

Nick said:

americans are going to attack the white house?

Yes. Which is the reason of why that Abraham Lincoln quote was used on the trailer.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Just saw it, It looks intense, a must see for me, love Ronald Emerich work. @samch92
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all love some destruction.
    imageimageimage
    definitely looking forward to this movie!!!!!!!
    New Trailer For White House Down will Debut Next week.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw Olympus has Fallen the other day. This looks exactly the same. I think I'll pass on this one.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.
    This movie was filmed in Montreal and Washington :)
    Appropriate, as for the White House.

Lord Stafford.
    edited April 2013
    In Olympus Has Fallen they used CGI to recreate the White House and most of Washington, but the rest was filmed on Louisiana.
    this will be my most anticipated movie of 2013.
    LOL NICK come on!not a this point....theres movie better than this for sure...just name a few...IM3,Star Trek,Hangover 3,Fast6,Man of steel,Wolverine,Thor 2,THG2 and of course Hobbit 2 :P

All these amazing movies and youre saying this one its your most anticipated movie of 2013? :P
    Dont get me wrong, im excited to watch this movie, but compare to the others its really not my most anticipated movie :P
    You can choose better :)
    your right. :P
    ;)
    too many to choose from so ill just say......ALL MOVIES OF 2013 ARE MY MOST ANTICIPATED. ITS GOING TO BE A VERY EXPENSIVE YEAR FOR ME FOR MOVIES.
    haha thats what I want to hear nick :P and expensive true...but worth it ;)
    totally agree.
    edited April 2013
    so I looked all over and no new trailer today......perhaps tomorrow.
    New Trailer for White House Down will Premiere At 4PM TODAY!!!! :D
    that looks awesome!!!!!! I cannot contain my excitement for this movie. :D
    LMAO at Jamie Foxx kicking that dude.
    take your hands off my jordans it was hilarious!! =))
    looks funny and action packed! :D
    It looks more like a comedy. I cant take it serious lol, Olympus did feel real. Im sure this will be fun nonetheless!
    Richard said:

It looks more like a comedy. I cant take it serious lol, Olympus did feel real. Im sure this will be fun nonetheless!

The first trailer was definitely not a comedy... so I don't think so. I think the latest trailer just showed a lot of the lighter side of the movie, but it doesn't mean it is a comedy.
    Well they definitely tried to show it as a comedy in this trailer which doesnt help. I just hope its better than expected.
    I think that Emmerich has used to the kind of films he makes, and decides to show that he knows how serious or funny they can be. Which is why he started to include comical bits between dramatic scenes, like in 2012.
    well so far in the battle between Olympus Has Fallen And White House Down Olympus has fallen is winning. I will reseve final judgement until after I see the finished product but so far this movie while it looks awesome from an action standpoint seems too comedic given the gravity of the situation they are placed in.

I think that Emmerich has used to the kind of films he makes, and decides to show that he knows how serious or funny they can be. Which is why he started to include comical bits between dramatic scenes, like in 2012.

Exactly! For example, one of my favorite scenes in 2012... John Cusack and Morgan Lilly, the little girl... when they are driving to escape the volcano... and he is trying to keep her calm.

John: "Look at me, do I look scared?"
    Morgan: (nodding) "Uh-huh!"

Absolutely love that scene.

Also Emmerich seems to really like the father and daughter relationships in his movies. I know Channing's character has a daughter, who is played by Joey King, from Oz: The Great and Powerful. She won me over as the voice of the China Girl in that movie, so it will be interesting to see how she does in this movie.

Lord Stafford.