Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

HP marathons on ABC Family

phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
edited March 2014 in General
Zap2it has been posting an upcoming HP marathon on ABC Family. They've only gone through Sunday morning but it would be nice to see Deathly Hallows part 1 show up. But if it doesn't, it's still good to see them having one, it's been a while. I sure miss the all day Sundays when they'd run from SS to HBP.

Wed - 3/13
GOF - 4:30-8:00 pm
OotP - 8:00-11 pm

Thur - 3/14
OotP - 4:30-7:30 pm
HBP - 7:30-11:00 pm

Sat - 3/16
COS - 11:30 am-3:30 pm
HBP - 3:30-7:00 pm

Sun - 3/17
HBP - 8:00-11:30 am

If they add any more, I'll be sure to post it :D

photo niffler3b.jpg
Post edited by phoenix1 on

Comments

• GinaCGinaC Posts: 828 ✭✭
    Thanks, Phoenix! Have we gotten any official word as to when they'll start DH? Later this year I guess?
  • FireflyFirefly Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I hope ABC do another marathon again so we can get their version of DH1 extended.
    image image
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    GinaC said:

Thanks, Phoenix! Have we gotten any official word as to when they'll start DH? Later this year I guess?

No official word on DH1 but I think it's supposed to be sometime this spring. There was some speculation at Mugglenet's COS forum that it may be sometime in April so as soon as I know anything I'll post it :D I hope ABC Family gets the rights to all the movies back soon, I miss their long marathons...nothing like 16 or 17 hours of Potter on a Sunday to make the day. :x
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Wow! Did ABC Family lose the rights for a while? I wondered why they had stopped doing the full marathon starting from the beginning. Anyway, I am definitely looking forward to how they incorporate the deleted scenes into DH1. Usually I see why deleted scenes were cut, but most of the ones from DH1 were really good. Can't wait! Here's hoping for next month!
    ...and yeah, a Sunday full of Harry Potter on TV is a super way to end the weekend! :)
    GinaC said:

Wow! Did ABC Family lose the rights for a while? I wondered why they had stopped doing the full marathon starting from the beginning. Anyway, I am definitely looking forward to how they incorporate the deleted scenes into DH1. Usually I see why deleted scenes were cut, but most of the ones from DH1 were really good. Can't wait! Here's hoping for next month!

Yea, HBO & Cinemax has had the rights for SS, POA and both DHs. ABCF has only been showing COS, GOF, OotP and HBP lately. I hope they add the deleted scenes too, but I don't know if they'll be able to add the Dudley deleted scene because it has some of the green screen showing :(

photo niffler3b.jpg
    Thanks so much for the info! I don't know how I missed that, but it explains a lot! They definitely need to do whatever needs to be done to get rights to ALL the movies. I do remember reading quite a while ago that they had bought the rights to both DH, so I'm confused. Ah well....

And yeah, it'l be interesting to see if they add the Dudley scene with the green screen. I still hope they do! I know the opening montage has a good rhythm to it that really shouldn't be broken, but I still want to see how it looks when it's professionally edited in. Maybe they can fix the green screen somehow. Some of the fan versions on YouTube are good, but I wanna see it on ABC-Family!

BTW, I just got back from seeing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando.... It was lots of fun, and the detail is amazing! Loved the butterbeer. Gives me the fever for a HP marathon!
    edited March 2013
    Cable channels like HBO/Showtime almost always gets the rights before regular TV. I just can't figure out why they got them back for the older ones . :-?

Lucky you! I live 2 hours away and haven't been there yet :( The roads are horrible to go there and even with FL discounts it's too expensive for me. I'm not giving up though, I'll get there some day...maybe after the expansion is done [-O<
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Just a reminder for those of you that have ABC Family, that the mini marathon starts today at 4:30 pm (Eastern) \:D/
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) sweet!!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoying some Order of the Phoenix as we speak! :) Thanks again for the info, Phoenix! And yes - if you live that close to the Wizarding World, you have no excuse not to go, and very soon!
    edited March 2013
    Glad you're enjoying ;) There's another showing tomorrow at 4:30 followed by the extended HBP :D
    GinaC said:

And yes - if you live that close to the Wizarding World, you have no excuse not to go, and very soon!

Yea there is...money :((
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    phoenix1 said:

Glad you're enjoying ;) There's another showing tomorrow at 4:30 followed by the extended HBP :D

GinaC said:

And yes - if you live that close to the Wizarding World, you have no excuse not to go, and very soon!

Yea there is...money :((
    Awww, well I hope it works out soon! :)
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, i've never seen the ABC versions. What's the scene?
    imageimageimage
  • JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭

I should mention there's a deleted scene in one of the movies not on the DVDs that's in the ABC versions! I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about! When I first saw it I was like, remembering it from the book, although wasn't sure if it was in the normal version.

From which film and what scene?
  • JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Well I just checked it. It's on my extended cut from my Ultimate Edition, but not in the deleted scenes. So you're right!
    The scene had to be put in because it wouldn't fluid otherwise.

I should mention there's a deleted scene in one of the movies not on the DVDs that's in the ABC versions! I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about! When I first saw it I was like, remembering it from the book, although wasn't sure if it was in the normal version.

ABC Family always adds in the most or all the delete scenes, DH1 was awesome, there was only one that I can remember that wasn't added in (the Duddly shaking Harry's hand scene...too much green screen.) Some have a few scenes added back in, OOTP, being one of the least added. GOF is great, they put a lot of stuff during the Yule Ball between Snape and Karkarov in and I think there's an extra scene or two with Barty Crouch and his murder plus some others. They've been starting with GOF lately since HBO and Cinemax seem to have the rights to the first 3 now. I can't wait to see what they do with DH2 (supposedly this fall)

photo niffler3b.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Looks like ABC Family will be giving us another Potter weekend, including their extended version of SS which they haven't shown in a while :D Don't forget that all times are Eastern time.

Saturday, July 27th:

SS- 9:30 am - 1:00
    GOF - 1:00 pm - 4:30
    OotP - 4:30 pm - 7:30
    HBP - 7:30 pm - 11:00

Sunday, July 28th:

GOF - 9:30 am - 1:00
    OotP - 1 pm - 4:00
    HBP - 4:00 pm - 7:30
    DH1 - 7:30 pm - 11:00

It seems HBO/Cinemax still has the rest.

Don't forget that HBP will be showing this Thursday, July 18th starting at 7:30 and DH1 will be on the following Thursday (July 25th) starting at 7:30.
    Post edited by phoenix1 on
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Just a bump to remind everyone with ABC Family that HBP is on tonight starting at 7:30 pm (Eastern) :x
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    edited July 2013
    :!! Don't forget, DH 1 tonight at 7:30 pm - ABC Family.

The marathons start on Saturday and Sunday at 9:30 am and run through 11 pm both days!
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • Sportsman180Sportsman180 Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Watching it now, could they have put any worse parts of the soundtrack on the deleted scenes for DH Part 1? It's truly horrendous at points. They put a dark track on the Ron/Hermione stones skipping scene. LOL
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching it now, could they have put any worse parts of the soundtrack on the deleted scenes for DH Part 1? It's truly horrendous at points. They put a dark track on the Ron/Hermione stones skipping scene. LOL

Agreed. They ruined the 'Obliviate' montage and parts of the Ministry scene.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
    I could see why the rabbit chase and the stone skipping scenes were cut, or maybe it was where they put them. I thought it was weird that you could hear Hermione cutting Harry's hair then they cut to the rabbit scene. They should have edited out the sound of the scissors to make it work better.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Just a heads up about a new marathon coming up this weekend. It starts on Friday, but it's strange they're starting it 5 minutes early on Friday and Saturday, still haven't figured that one out yet. Saturday's is a long one DH1 won't be over until 2 am on Sunday morning :D

Friday - September 6th
    SS - 7:25 - 11 pm

Saturday - September 7th
    SS - 8:55 am -12:30
    GoF - 12:30 - 4:00
    OotP - 4:00 - 7:00
    HBP - 7:00 - 10:30
    DH1 - 10:30 - 2:00 am

Sunday - September 8th
    GoF - 9:30 am - 1:00
    OotP - 1:00 - 4:00
    HBP - 4:00 - 7:30
    DH1 - 7:30 - 11:00
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They play GOF but not COS and POA???????????/
  • LadyLaRougeLadyLaRouge Posts: 37
    which country are you in ? if US what network? Was thinking recently I'd love to watch then all in order but only have the first 3
    "I solemly swear I am up to no good"
    Joshie said:

They play GOF but not COS and POA???????????/

Right now HBO has the rights to PoA (they just finished a long run of it) and Cinemax has CoS. HBO did have DH2 showing for a long time but it's been off the schedule for a little while so that's making me wonder if things are getting ready to switch to ABC Family soon. For now all the different Cinemaxs have a full CoS schedule.

which country are you in ? if US what network? Was thinking recently I'd love to watch then all in order but only have the first 3

Yes, I'm in the US, the big marathons are shown on ABC Family. They used to have the rights to PoA and CoS but it's been a while. ABC Family adds the deleted scenes back in, some have more than others...OotP hardly has any but GoF and DH1 have quite a few.

photo niffler3b.jpg
    ahh- this explans some of it. I didn't realise different networks heald the rights to different films and why I keep thinking why is this one on my plan pakage and another on one I'd need to pay extra for. Some seem to be on a lot lately but have only managed to catch DH2 and then POA in full. Keep seeing them in bits. thanks
    ABC Family is supposed to get DH2 this winter...but they didn't say how early in the winter. They always do a thing in December, the 25 days of Christmas, when they do a big HP marathon, so maybe they'll have all the rights by then and show them all and top it off with DH2. I can't wait to see it with the deleted scenes put back in.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Just a bump to remind everyone about the marathon starting tonight at 7:25 pm.

Friday - September 6th
    SS - 7:25 - 11 pm

Saturday - September 7th
    SS - 8:55 am -12:30
    GoF - 12:30 - 4:00
    OotP - 4:00 - 7:00
    HBP - 7:00 - 10:30
    DH1 - 10:30 - 2:00 am

Sunday - September 8th
    GoF - 9:30 am - 1:00
    OotP - 1:00 - 4:00
    HBP - 4:00 - 7:30
    DH1 - 7:30 - 11:00
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Woo hoo! I happened to be channel surfing and saw it! :) I hope they will do the FULL marathon for Christmas. I have out-of-town company this weekend and won't be able to watch too much, but I love these marathons. Thanks as always for these alerts!
    ...and maybe they're starting 5 minutes early so they can give the credits more time??? It wouldn't surprise me if they got grief about credits flying by so fast that you can't read them (and as they are promoting something else).
    I love passing around the good news. I still love watching them on tv with all the fans even though I have them all. I'm glad you went surfing and found it, just try to catch as much as you can ;)

I think the 5 minute early start was because Gnomeo and Juliet went off early because the 2 times they do the early start is when Gnomeo and Juliet its on, the rest of the times are normal. I can't believe they're showing DH1 so late....what a great treat for insomniacs like me :D
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching it now! :D Thanks Cindy for the info
    I watched too though didn't turn it on till just as they had steped into Diagon Ally. I forgot what a good job Daniel had done portraying amaziment of that and how young. Do the TV edits make anyone slse question their memories of things? a couple parts seemed to shave off extra seconds that took away some of the awe.
    Joshie said:

Watching it now! :D Thanks Cindy for the info

Enjoy :D

I watched too though didn't turn it on till just as they had steped into Diagon Ally. I forgot what a good job Daniel had done portraying amaziment of that and how young. Do the TV edits make anyone slse question their memories of things? a couple parts seemed to shave off extra seconds that took away some of the awe.

I think they have take a few off to add the rest. Every time I see Diagon Alley I remember them saying in one of the behind the scenes shows, that JK cried when she saw it for the first time. I really like the extras they add to GoF, I recorded it and when I watch, that's the only version I watch, in spite of the commercials.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Realised I have too much random obsure knowledge that comes together at odd moments. Watching DH tonight though again I recognised the song during the wedding which last time seemed farmillar from elsewhere. tonight it came to me it was called "Haste To the Wedding" and when I did the Rennissance Faires all the time a friend often used to play it on fiddle and he'd taught the dance for it too. anyone else ever have that sort of thing?
    edited October 2013

Does anybody know when the next harry potter marathon's gonna be on abc family?

I moved your question to the ABC Family marathon thread, the other thread is for a different subject. :)

They just had one at the beginning of September so it should be a little while until there's another one. Although, I did see previews for the ABC Family annual Halloween shows and it looked like they had a short clip of DH 1 among the rest of stuff they'll be airing. (they usually do have a bit of HP mixed in then). Once I know for sure, I'll post it here.

Whenever there's a marathon coming I always post the full schedule here...and if it gets buried it'll be bumped the day it starts :-bd
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Well, it looks like it's starting :D Zap2it has just listed SS will be showing on Wednesday 10/16 starting at 7:30 pm - 11 pm (Eastern time). They only go 2 weeks in advance so we'll have to wait and see if anything else shows up tomorrow night. I'll keep up with the schedule and when it's done I'll post it here :-h
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Looks like it'll be short but sweet this time around:

Sorcerer's Stone - Wednesday, October 16th - 7:30 - 11:00 pm (ET)

Deathly Hallows part 1 - Wednesday, October 23rd - 7:30 - 11:00 pm (ET)

DH2 is due sometime this year and I noticed that HBO is got COS all over their schedule, so hopefully that's a sign that ABC Family will get it back soon. I would be great for them to have the whole package again :D
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    edited October 2013
    SnitchSeeker had posted that DH 2 will finally be airing on Saturday November 30th plus they've added POA back onto the schedule :D

Thursday, November 28
    -- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 1:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 4:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 7:30pm EST

Friday, November 29
    -- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 9:30am EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 1:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 4:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, 7:30pm EST

Saturday, November 30
    -- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 7:00am EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 10:00am EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 1:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, 4:30pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, 8:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, 11:00pm EST

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-to-premiere-on-abc-family-nov-30-a-95078/
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    sweet!!!
    Just a bump and a reminder, DH1 will be on ABC Family tonight starting at 7:30 pm (Eastern time) :D
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Swee!!!!!!
    I just realized, when they show DH2, it'll only be 3 hours (DH1 is 3 1/2). Hope they don't leave anything out to add the extra scenes back in :-?
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phoenix1 said:

I just realized, when they show DH2, it'll only be 3 hours (DH1 is 3 1/2). Hope they don't leave anything out to add the extra scenes back in :-?

DH2 is already a half hour shorter of a film.
    Just a bump to remind everyone of the big HP marathon starting on tomorrow (the 28th) including the double showing if DH2 on Saturday the 30th.

Thursday, November 28
    -- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 1:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 4:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 7:30pm EST

Friday, November 29
    -- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 9:30am EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 1:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 4:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, 7:30pm EST

Saturday, November 30
    -- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 7:00am EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 10:00am EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 1:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, 4:30pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, 8:00pm EST
    -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, 11:00pm EST
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    awesome!!! lets hope they put in some deleted scenes
    edited November 2013
    I'm hoping to get all my Black Friday shopping done by 9:30 am so I can be home in time to watch the rest of the day-lol (gotta miss some of today's though, darn holiday got in the way) photo sthanks15.gif
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Just a bump to remind every one that gets ABC Family that DH 2 starts at 8 pm and will repeat at 11 :x
    photo niffler3b.jpg