Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Harry Potter: What Could Have Been - Documentary about Deleted Scenes & More

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
edited February 2013 in Movies
Here is the trailer for what I have been working on and compiling. I've been rather silent when people ask me questions in the unreleased deleted scenes thread and there is a good reason. I've been contacting dozens of sources and have been receiving new images and interviews that will be structured with set reports, already released footage, deleted portions of the script and more. This summer you will get an in depth look into what else was in the Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Philosopher's Stone scripts, what really was missing from the final cut of Order of the Phoenix, and the characters, creatures and locations that nearly ended up in the film series.

I don't have an official date yet - but with all the latest info I've got it will definitely be this summer as I pursue some new leads.
Post edited by RyGuy on

Comments

• SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Looking forward to this!
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    SUMMER 13 HURRY UP! CANT WAIT FOR THIS! :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow!!! great job Ry. Can,t wait to see this.
  • SnapeTheBatSnapeTheBat Posts: 30
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I've been wondering this for YEARS!!!! Thank you soooo much!!1
    BTW who is that at 0:30?
    And 0:27

????
    0:32

FENRIR MOODY?!!
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this, thanks for doing this Ry <3
  • Cathy97Cathy97 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing this, Ry. :)

On a side note- Turns out the videos aren't showing up for me, so I have to hit quote to get the url and then copy and paste it in a new window.
    btw do you have the full script 4 PS, GOF and OOTP? I'm dying to read them. For example, the bit of GOF script available online begins with this.

HERMIONE
    That's it. (to Harry) Harry. That's it! (hurrying off) Of course the incantation will have to be rather powerful and you'll have to leave a window open...

Harry watches Hermione go MUTTERING off, then turns, looks for Cho. Gone. He frowns, then passes out of FRAME, the CAMERA moving toward a WINDOW...

What happened before this?
    Wouldn't it have been the talk he has with fake!Moody in his office?
    Yeah, but what happened afterwards? There's obviously a scene missing between. Why does Harry look for Cho?
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Thanks so much for the positive feedback everyone :) I promise I won't disappoint :D

@SnapeTheBat
    Here you go :P
    0:27 = St. Mungo's Production Art
    0:30 = Peeves Production Art
    0:32 = Early Mad Eye Moody...He went through over 7 redesigns before they decided on the final look
    Cathy97 said:

On a side note- Turns out the videos aren't showing up for me, so I have to hit quote to get the url and then copy and paste it in a new window.

Cathy, if you see why I awesome'd your post its because your looking forward to it. That really really sucks about the videos and I don't know what to tell you : / what kind of browser are you using?
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    This is what I have been looking forward to for past weeks- well done, Ry and I really cannot wait to see the final product :)
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    RyGuy said:

0:32 = Early Mad Eye Moody...He went through over 7 redesigns before they decided on the final look

They were originally going to have the eye without the strap, but decided it didn't look good enough.
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You. Are. AMAZING.
    RyGuy said:

Thanks so much for the positive feedback everyone :) I promise I won't disappoint :D

@SnapeTheBat

Cathy97 said:

Cathy, if you see why I awesome'd your post its because your looking forward to it. That really really sucks about the videos and I don't know what to tell you : / what kind of browser are you using?
    I use ie and just now thought to change the compatibility view. Now it shows up like it used to. :)

You. Are. AMAZING.

aww shucks :\">
    Cathy97 said:

RyGuy said:

@SnapeTheBat

Cathy97 said:

I use ie and just now thought to change the compatibility view. Now it shows up like it used to. :)

Yay! :D I'm glad to hear it!
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    This is EPIC!!
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    This is awesome work! Can't wait to see the complete documentary! How are you going to format it? Will you narrate it yourself, or just put text, or what?! And how long will it be?
    imageimageimage
    aaron said:

This is awesome work! Can't wait to see the complete documentary! How are you going to format it? Will you narrate it yourself, or just put text, or what?! And how long will it be?

Question Question Question haha :P
    aaron said:

Thanks man! I'm going to surprise you on the format ;P, I'm going to narrate it and have instances of text. Right now 1hr 15min - 2hours with all that I've got O.O
    OMG 2hours of HP! Its going to be AMAZING! :D
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    This is amazing Ry, you are my hero.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • This is awesome, Ry! Great job :D
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ry, you never cease to impress! This looks amazing, good job man!

Thanks for your support everyone :) You're all the best :D
    no RY YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Ryan. That's all I can say. :)

Lord Stafford.
  • The documentary looks awesome! Wish they had included these lines in the final film. i don't suppose you know if they were filmed and just cut out?
    Ryan...thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!! You are my hero!!! I've wanted to know about this all for YEARS! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!! You're awesome! :-c

The documentary looks awesome! Wish they had included these lines in the final film. i don't suppose you know if they were filmed and just cut out?

The final film? I believe you mean OOTP.

Lord Stafford.
  • Sorry, I mean final cut of the OotP film. if i ever make a foolish mistake like that, do me a favor and shoot me.
    Well, I doubt they filmed those lines. Out of all the stuff we heard had been left over, I don't think that was ever mentioned.

Lord Stafford.
  • meh though it was slim chance :( thanks :p
    :)
    Not at the moment. I'm working on another documentary about the economy at the moment which is more important in terms of our civilization - so Harry is on the backburner. It will get done at some point. I've kept all the files and interviews I've got so far. I may do a few small clips at some point from what I've got done as well.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY IS IT PRIVATE NAOOOOOOO
    nope.
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    Just found something interesting:

Bremmer appeared as Voldemort in the first film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, but some scenes were considered to be too scary and ended up being cut from the film.

What other scenes could he appear in? By the way, I never found out what "version" of Voldemort he played - some sources say he played Voldemort in flashback, other ones say his face was used for CGI Voldemort's face...
    Interesting. Richard Bremmer appeared as Voldemort in the Godric's Hollow flashback, while Ian Hart (Quirrell) lent his voice and did the motion capture for Voldemort's face.

Lord Stafford.
  • PatricierPatricier Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Ry Guy, i am currently working on a script for a video project to convince WB to release the deleted scenes. Do you or others want to look over a rough draft i have/ collaborate on this project?
    I have the POA movie on DVD but the deleted scenes are letterboxed therefore making them hard to see.I do not want to have to rebuy the movie and have heard that the scenes r in hd in the Ult. Ed blu ray. Could someone please upload them onto you tube or send me a download file link if it would not b too much to ask? And yes I have seen some uploads on You tube already but they r not that good picture quality.
    Ry Guy, would you possibly be able to post or provide links to some of the deleted scenes stuff you have found if you are not doing the documentary anymore?