Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Movie Trailers AND Movie News discussion

1303132333436»

Comments

• PatricierPatricier Posts: 253 ✭✭
    #Shadowhunters Cast talk Book to TV adaptation process. Btw show will premiere (in the States anyways) on January 12 2016
    20 years of Pixar magic and it continues to grow
    5 Reasons why Fantastic should not be turned over to the MCU
    would someone possibly be able to upload the deleted scenes from the Ultimate Edition of Prisoner of Azkaban?
    "To quote it itself: Dang"! This movie looks dinorifficly awesome
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    If you love Harry Potter you may like this series
    "The Good Dinosaur is the most beautiful film I have worked on" http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/11/the_good_dinosaur_is_the_most.html
    Dumbo's Circus is one of my favourite tv shows; if you can, please sign & share the following. It means a lot to me and others to see these truly great shows back. Given the recent greatness of current Disney Channel shows, these old favourites would work well playing alongside them for both a new generation and an older one in search of nostalgia and life lessons and morals long forgotten as they've grown up https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-walt-disney-get-disney-to-release-dumbo-s-circus-and-welcome-to-pooh-corner-in-their-entirety-on-dvd?recruiter=376961216&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
    Why the Shadowhunters TV show will be better than the movie.http://www.refinery29.com/2015/11/96878/his-dark-materials-golden-compass-bbc-tv-show
    Veronica Roth is actually pleased at the changes to her story:
    REPOST follow up to the above: One should consider what Veronica Roth has to say about the changes to her books on film. She actually enjoys them. A lot of fans and critics could learn to look at adaptations with her form of attitude and optimism:
    Info is at the link here. It is a project to help support a release of a better version of Thomas and the Magic Railroad. As much as I love the movie as it is it would be nice to see the original version as it was originally intended. The movie would have been even more"magical" to a broader audience and would have filled i issues that people had with the film. If you or anyone you know is a Thomas the Tank Engine fan or even if you completely disliked the film, please sign and share http://restorethemagic.org/index.php/2015/11/13/90-by-new-years/
    edited November 2015
    imageimageimageimage
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the queen died in the first movie?
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She did, but apparently they're gonna bring her back (I hope Snow White dies xD).
    oh I thought this one is a prequel
    It's both. A prequel and a sequel, ala 300.
    oh alright!
    imageimage
    Interesting casting connection with the Percy Jackson actors. The name meanings of the actors portraying the characters in the Percy Jackson movies match up with the dominant key trait of their characters.

http://www.percyjacksonmovies.com/name-origins-18893/
    I really hope that Pixar (and Disney or any other film study for that matter) learns from the bizarre scene in The Good Dinosaur (you'll know what I mean when you see it) that they will not put any other sort of scene in their movies from now on.

A fruit scene that is completely out of context and makes no sense whatsoever. Would that really do that to you? It seems as though all of the other elements in every other Pixar film made sense and was completely believable as such but then this comes through. And like I said, considering the movie's mixed reception and currently underperforming box office numbers, that must tell you something. Its not that big of a stretch to suggest that this scene could have tainted people's feelings towards the rest of the movie (even if it actually did get better after this scene), also bringing other complaints about it to a brighter light when otherwise they may have been disregarded.

I cannot believe that anyone would even think that you'd want something like that.They actually had the sense to cut a similar Cars 1 Deleted scene that thankfully got changed to something not only less disturbing but more functional for the story in the final film. Seeing something ridiculously bizarre (not to mention pointless and about as "out there" as you can go) happen to characters that you love just smugs you and makes you never look at them the same way again. There are appropriate ways to tell the story and create humour with it than to resort to bizarre adult referenced humour. They have done that in the past with all of their other films which from the look of things are going to be a lot more successful and memorable then this will be.

It is also unchallenging and unimaginative that they have to result to desperate, bizarre humour just to tell a story. They have discarded these kind of elements from their movies in the past, and all of their movies before now would probably have not been as memorable or celebrated had they kept those elements in. They have created movies that challenged them and brought out the bestow their imaginative thoughts before now. Was the delay in production enough to tear it out of them? Yet, they revamped the entire movie of Toy Story 2 (aka my favourite movie and the movie that made me want to get into making movies (and NOT animated movies for that matter, just movies in general)) in 9 months when it was normally a 4 year process. Here they revamped the entire movie in 2 years and 3 months. What happened? Did they forget the process that they went through and how that film turned out? While others may not like it as much as me, consider the following facts:

Toy Story 2 has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes

It won the Golden Globe for Best Picture (as in for ANY movie in general, period)

It made pretty close to $500 Million at the box office

I've yet to meet one soul (online or not) who was disappointed in it. Even those who normally hate sequels say that they loved this one. "The rare sequel that is just as good or better than its predecessor." I've also met many people who even say that they liked this one better than Toy Story 3 and consider it one of Pixar's best.

Now let's look at The Good Dinosaur:

78% on Rotten Tomatoes (even lower on other critic sites)

Pretty much the lowest opening in Pixar's history (and considering that ticket prices are more expensive and it has the 3-D element, the movie's opening should be higher than the movies which were released in 2D, which were more than half of the previously released ones)

Quite a lot of people (even those that did like it) have called it disappointing or even "meh" and most have agreed that they would have cut this messed up bizarre scene out of the movie.

Bottom line is that Pixar could have challenged themselves and put more imaginative input into this movie like they have in the past. All reviews and reactions that I have seen towards this movie state that they didn't even find that it felt Pixarish.

And by the way, Inside Out earlier this year had the biggest opening (excluding Toy Story 3) of all time for Pixar and the biggest opening for an original movie AND the biggest opening for a second place at the box office movie. It was loved by most and you would think that this fact along with the popularity of dinosaurs, fuelled by the to grossing movie of the year (and the top 3 highest grosser of all time), that it would be enough to make this movie do better and even receive a better acclaim.
    edited November 2015
    Don't know what you're talking about, and I saw the movie. Loved it and I don't know what people seems to think wrong about it (if you talk about the bit where Spot rips the head of a beetle, really?). People nowadays find any excuse to not enjoy something.

Don't know what you're talking about, and I saw the movie. Loved it and I don't know what people seems to think wrong about it (if you talk about the bit where Spot rips the head of a beetle, really?). People nowadays find any excuse to not enjoy something.

Its the Hallucination scene! Its not so much that they hallucinated but what the images were of when hallucinating. The Pink Elephants sequence did not do anything to Dumbo yet here we see Arlo and Spot in a very bizarre way that makes me never think about them the same way again. And again, the fact that they hallucinated (in a way that did not make any sense at all for the record) when it seemed very out of place like it was not even part of the same movie and for no real reason to have it in there makes me disturbed. I know Pixar can do better than this. Like I said there was a very disturbing deleted scene that they cut from Cars 1 that would have been funny to some but what they had in the final film was not only more creative and challenging but it still created more humour and felt more natural and appropriate for the movie. While I can disregard this scene through simple fan editing, whats to say that something like this will occur in Toy Story 4 or another Pixar film? It may not be so easily edited away or disregarded next time.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Loved the hallucination scene I was cracking up!!
    Is there anything in The Art of The Good Dinosaur Book, or any other The Good Dinosaur related book for that matter that would have detailed anything related to Bob Peterson's original version? And if so, could anyone please share that information here?

I have been collecting any info that I can find concerning this original version and have already collected quite a few pieces of concept art and other information revealed through toys. I also have some info from the Art of Book, which also depicts a young yellow parasaurolophus alongside the other dinosaurs revealed in the article. I name her Lucy because she has no official name, and it seems to fit the same kind of names that the other three (four counting Vivian, another young ankylosaurus that you can get as a toy that comes with a little critter, look her up) cut dinsoaurs. I'd be happy to share any info with anyone who is interested [smile] I can even email to you across OneDrive/Google Drive if anyone wishes to see it all.
    Since I did a list of most anticipated TV shows, I thought I would also list and ask your guys’ top 5 most anticipated movies for this year, 2016, with an explanation as to why.

I will start by giving an honourable mention to my buddy’s movie coming out in a week (in North America anyways):

Deadpool
    Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    Probably the craziest movie I will ever see, and as such it has no specific place on my list. I am a fan of the character, the metahumor, and the series, but I am not a fan of the swearing, and most especially not the sexual content. And I am 23 years old. I am still looking forward to the movie for its unique style and the things that I liked mentioned above.

1) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
    Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3183660/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    A Harry Potter spin off that expands more on the wizarding world! For the first time, we Harry Potter fans do not really have to compare it to a book, and can just enjoy it as a general movie! It is also from the director of one of the best Harry Potter movies, Deathly Hallows Part 1! Although I have been mixed towards his other 3 Harry Potter movies, his overall style has proven that he will do more good than bad with it. Just as long as he gives us lots of magical creatures and gives the best execution that there can be with it, then the movie should be “fantastic” :)

2)Finding Dory
    Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2277860/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    Next to Toy Story 4, it is probably my most anticipated Pixar sequel. Very excited to see what happens next in their world! As long as Pixar does not take things too far, and remembers the essence of who they are and what makes their movies great, then the movie should be fine!

3) The Divergent Series: Allegiant
    Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3410834/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    This 3rd Divergent movie looks like it could potentially be the best in the series yet! The movie will fundamentally expand on concepts of topian futures adding on some interesting science fiction elements not previously explored in the genre. It will also continue to dive into the depth of poignant character development that the series is so adept with. Plus, leading actress Shailene Woodely has never looked more beautiful!

4) Captain America: Civil War
    Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498820/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    AKA The Avengers: Civil War as all but two of the Avengers (Thor and Hulk) will be in the movie, plus Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Spider-Man, the latter two being my two favorite superheroes! On that note, this movie would have been ranked higher on my list had Andrew Garfield remained as Spider-Man. Most people should realize that had he stayed on they would have been able to follow the comic book storyline of Civil War more closely, as it would have tied in greatly with the Amazing Spider-Man series to have him reveal his identity after all the trauma with Gwen, Harry, his parents and the new drama within Civil War itself. While I can understand why they had to reboot Spidey AGAIN, it still feels like a greatly missed opportunity. Still, its from the directors of one of Marvel’s best movies ever, Winter Solider, and as noted, continues however slightly off of their another of their best movies ever, Ant-Man.

5) X-Men Apocalypse
    Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3385516/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    Should be very interesting to see where they go with this film, with the inclusion of younger versions of the X-Men characters that we know and love from the previous movies (including the much awaited return of Nightcrawler!). The addition of new characters and promised “disaster movie”-like action not seen in the previous movies should also be neat to see.