Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Movie Trailers AND Movie News discussion

Comments

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just heard. I still haven't seen MIB3.

Lord Stafford.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, just heard. I still haven't seen MIB3.

Lord Stafford.

You should, it is a pretty good movie. :)
    I was hoping to hear that. I watched the trailers, but never got round to seeing it.

Lord Stafford.
    I'll rent it from LoveFilm, I think.

Lord Stafford.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: First Look At Megan Fox As 'April O'Neil'
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hmm... she looks okay, I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Did Michael Bay and her got friends again?
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
    Henrick said:

Did Michael Bay and her got friends again?

@Henrick I said the same thing...I was like im wondering what did she do to get the job.... :P

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    RIP, Ray Harryhausen.

The Harryhausen family regret to announce the death of Ray Harryhausen, Visual Effects pioneer and stop-motion model animator. He was a multi-award winner which includes a special Oscar and BAFTA. Ray’s influence on today’s film makers was enormous, with luminaries; Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, Peter Jackson, George Lucas, John Landis and the UK’s own Nick Park have cited Harryhausen as being the man whose work inspired their own creations.

Harryhausen’s fascination with animated models began when he first saw Willis O’Brien’s creations in KING KONG with his boyhood friend, the author Ray Bradbury in 1933, and he made his first foray into filmmaking in 1935 with home-movies that featured his youthful attempts at model animation. Over the period of the next 46 years, he made some of the genres best known movies – MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1949), IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA (1955), 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH (1957), MYSTERIUOUS ISLAND (1961), ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. (1966), THER VALLEY OF GWANGI (1969), three films based on the adventures of SINBAD and CLASH OF THE TITANS (1981). He is perhaps best remembered for his extraordinary animation of seven skeletons in JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (1963) which took him three months to film.

Harryhausen’s genius was in being able to bring his models alive. Whether they were prehistoric dinosaurs or mythological creatures, in Ray’s hands they were no longer puppets but became instead characters in their own right, just as important as the actors they played against and in most cases even more so.

Today The Ray & Diana Harryhausen Foundation, a charitable Trust set up by Ray on the 10th April 1986, is devoted to the protection of Ray’s name and body of work as well as archiving, preserving and restoring Ray’s extensive Collection.

Tributes have been heaped upon Harryhausen for his work by his peers in recent years.

"Ray has been a great inspiration to us all in special visual industry. The art of his earlier films, which most of us grew up on, inspired us so much. Without Ray Harryhausen, there would likely have been no STAR WARS" - George Lucas.

"THE LORD OF THE RINGS is my ‘Ray Harryhausen movie’. Without his life-long love of his wondrous images and storytelling it would never have been made – not by me at least" - Peter Jackson

"In my mind he will always be the king of stop-motion animation" - Nick Park

"His legacy of course is in good hands because it’s carried in the DNA of so many film fans." - Randy Cook

"You know I’m always saying to the guys that I work with now on computer graphics "do it like Ray Harryhausen" - Phil Tippett

"What we do now digitally with computers, Ray did digitally long before but without computers. Only with his digits." - Terry Gilliam.

"His patience, his endurance have inspired so many of us." - Peter Jackson

"Ray, your inspiration goes with us forever." - Steven Spielberg

"I think all of us who are practioners in the arts of science fiction and fantasy movies now all feel that we’re standing on the shoulders of a giant. If not for Ray’s contribution to the collective dreamscape, we wouldn’t be who we are." - James Cameron

Lord Stafford.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P. :(
    Director Steven Spielberg has signed on to direct Bradley Cooper in American Sniper, based on the autobiography by Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the story details how Texas native Kyle came to record the highest number of sniper kills for an American. Tragically, he was killed at a shooting range by a fellow vet in February. You can read an in-depth account of his story at the D Magazine website.

Spielberg will produce the film alongside Cooper, Andrew Lazar and Peter Morgan. Jason Hall wrote the script. A Q1 2014 start date is currently slated at Warner Bros.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    Nice! :D Its like the UK version of This is the End lol :D
    I was just thinking that! :D

Lord Stafford.
    "One tap water, please?"

"WHAT?!"

Lord Stafford.
    For those of you who have seen Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (I'm British, of course I have) you will no doubt notice the reference to both films.

Lord Stafford.
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

NEW ORLEANS — Twentieth Century Fox announced that principal photography is underway on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.

Andy Serkis, celebrated for his performance in the last film, reprises his role as Caesar. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes also stars Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty, Public Enemies, The Great Gatsby), Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Rises, The Harry Potter film series), Keri Russell (The Americans, Mission Impossible III), Toby Kebbell (The Prince of Persia, Wrath of the Titans, Rock N Rolla), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Let Me In, ParaNorman), Enrique Murciano (Traffic, Black Hawk Down), Kirk Acevedo (The Thin Red Line) and Judy Greer (The Descendants, Three Kings, 13 Going on 30).

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is directed by Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In). The producers are Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Oblivion), Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes). Tom Hammel (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) is executive producing.

Oscar®-winning visual effects house WETA Digital – employing a new generation of the cutting edge performance capture technologies developed for Rise of the Apes and Avatar – will again render photo-realistic, emotionally-engaging apes. The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Michael Seresin, production designer James Chinland, and VFX Supervisors Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon, VFX producers Ryan Stafford, editor Bill Hoy and Stan Salfas, and costume designer Melissa Brunning.

Twentieth Century Fox will release Dawn of the Planet of the Apes worldwide on Memorial Day weekend, May 23, 2014. Rise of the Planet of the Apes opened theatrically during the summer of 2011, grossed nearly half a billion dollars worldwide.

Lord Stafford.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one tap water please ROFL =))
    Captain Phillips

Directed by Paul Greengrass, starring Tom Hanks.

The true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in two hundred years.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    The Butler

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    I cannot wait for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes! Should be so amazing!
    I strongly advise you to watch the two trailers above. Both films look great.

Lord Stafford.
    Richard Madden (Game of Thrones) has been cast as the Prince in Disney’s upcoming live-action Cinderella. As previously announced, the film is being directed by Sir Kenneth Branagh, stars Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother and features Lily James in the title role.

Lord Stafford.
    And so, we now have our Prince Charming. What do you guys think?

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    WARNER BROS. pushes 300 sequel from August to March 7, 2014, and moves ALL YOU NEED IS KILL from that date to June 6, 2014.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF. I wonder if they delayed 300 because they replaced Federico Jusid with Junkie XL to write the score?
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Lord Stafford.
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard the true reason they delayed 300 is because of some layoffs at Rythm & Hues which got in the way of the movie's visual effects development

A sequel to The Inbetweeners Movie has been announced.

Lord Stafford.
    300 with gerard butler wasn,t that movie released like years and years ago? isn't that the movie where he screams out THIS IS SPOARTA!!! im pretty sure it was released. :-?
    Nick said:

300 with gerard butler wasn,t that movie released like years and years ago? isn't that the movie where he screams out THIS IS SPOARTA!!! im pretty sure it was released. :-?

This is about the sequel Rise of An Empire...
    ok that makes sense.....I was confused there for a minute.
    Details Revealed on Toy Story of Terror Halloween TV Special

The Toy Story gang will have their first half hour TV special this Halloween in Toy Story of Terror, and TV Guide have new details on what to expect.

The special will feature all of the familiar characters, including Buzz (Tim Allen) and Woody (Tom Hanks), but look for more of a focus on Jesse (Joan Cusack) in this one.

"We've gotten to see a lot of development in Woody and in Buzz and we felt it was Jesse's turn to really show some growth," executive producer Galyn Susman tells TV Guide.

As for the storyline, Susman teases, "Bonnie is on a road trip to go see grandma with her mom and the toys are in the trunk. Mom gets a flat tire and they have to spend the night at a motel and all kinds of chaos ensues."

Also, remember Combat Carl, the toy blown up by Sid in the original Toy Story? We'll meet him in this special, voiced by Carl Weathers (Rocky, Predator, Arrested Development).

While Toy Story of Terror will of course remain family friendly, director Angus MacLane tells TV Guide the intent was to make something scary, but not too scary for kids, with influences from the likes of Psycho, Aliens and Predator. Says MacLane, "I think we've done a good job of balancing staying true to Toy Story and staying true to the genre. As far as adults are concerned, I've always thought that we make these movies for ourselves. I think it's funny and like the other Toy Story films, I think there is plenty of stuff in there that only adults will get."

While the exact date will be announced later, the special will air in October on ABC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Rio 2 teaser trailer

image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
    Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3) is to write Mission Impossible 5.

Lord Stafford.

This is how I will dress when recording the score for Matt Reeves DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES!… instagram.com/p/ZTuJ9BFdmS/

— Michael Giacchino (@m_giacchino) May 14, 2013

Lord Stafford.
    Michael Giacchino (Star Trek Into Darkness) is to score Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Lord Stafford.
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! More Giacchino music :D

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.