Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Jurassic World | June 12th, 2015 | Official Thread

darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in General
Just days after word arrived that Steven Spielberg's tentative next film, Robopocalypse, has been delayed indefinitely, comes word that should more than balance out the disappointment felt by fans:

Jurassic Park IV is officially on the way with a release date of June 12, 2015!

Details on the project are currently few, but Jurassic World will be produced by Spielberg with director Colin Trevorrow helming the film. It is also being planned for a 3D release.

"It's really hard to keep these things going when there's an expectation and a desire by the public and the audience to keep certain franchises going," fellow producer Kathleen Kennedy told ComingSoon.net last fall. "As filmmakers, we often sit there going, 'Okay. We have to answer the question, 'Why do another one?'' If you can't answer that question, you shouldn't be doing it. It's tough. We're trying to come up with a story that makes sense and isn't going to disappoint people and is, hopefully, going to get people excited and reinvigorate the franchise."

Post edited by Samch92 on

Comments

• darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they cancelled the sequel because of Michael Crichton's death.

I thought they cancelled the sequel because of Michael Crichton's death.

I remember someone in the pipeline saying that, but films don't get cancelled just because someone dies.
  • HessHess Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, I'm excited. I've always liked this franchise.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Hess said:

Hell, I'm excited. I've always liked this franchise.

Me too. I really hope they bring Jeff Goldblum back. Perhaps Sam Neil, but definitely Jeff. He is one of my favorite actors, and he was amazing in the first two Jurassic Park movies.

Also hope he returns for the Independence Day sequels.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    One year and a half!!!! Woooo!!
    I've seriously been waiting for this shit since 2001.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Everyone has! Those movies terrify the crap of me. First fantasy horror movie.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • MattCatMattCat Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    So long as it's fun and has awesome dinosaur action, I'm there.
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Jurassic Park xD
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Omg I'm excited for this!
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurassic Park was my first favorite movie. Even to this day there's nothing quite like the first one to me lol

I had every dinosaur toy that was made... Every single one. My favorite was the T-Rex with a hole in his stomach where you could eat stuff and pull it back out.

I used to eat the shit out of my sisters barbies...

We loved it so much I was there on opening day for the third one with toys dangling outta my pocket O:-)

I like them best by order. I used to love the third one until I read the books and gathered a better understanding of the plot... And a better understanding of the science of a That wretched Spinosaur
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

I bought the dvd set 2 years ago :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    See nobody cares. Nice hat.
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG!! This is so great.
    I just hope they bring John Williams back. It just ISNT Jurassic Park without him
    Hope you like it!
    edited January 2013

OMG!! This is so great.
    I just hope they bring John Williams back. It just ISNT Jurassic Park without him

I disagree. He already established its themes; it's like saying that Harry Potter isn't Harry Potter without John Williams. There are other fantastic composers out there that could do a great and honorable job; hell, this was already proven with Don Davis' score for Jurassic Park 3 which was a very beautiful, classic score with some new memorable themes and excellent action/atmosphere. I for one would rather have Michael Giacchino or Alexandre Desplat. There are some younger, talented guns out there that deserve a shot at it. I'm one of the biggest John Williams fans around. No composer is better to me or will be better to me. But that doesn't mean he's the only great or capable composer out there, and frankly he's not going to be around for too much longer. New composers need more and more experience and work. We can't just always stick John Williams on there and call it a day. He's in his 80's. I'm not sure he could bring the energy to it any more.

Which is fucking sad. But it's a realistic truth.

6:07 and on makes me swoon like a sumbitch
    OMG....
    I didnt know JP3 wasnt Williams´s

God Forgive me for I am a sinner.....how did I not know that!!!!
    Hope you like it!
    Haha, it's cool-- I just wanted to demonstrate that other people can do it. Perhaps not as well or as timeless. But they can.
    lol
    I just tought they were all william´s AND u have to admit it sounds similar, that JP feeling is still there. I spose that´s what must remain either way.
    Hope you like it!
    Absolutely. A lot of composers are capable if their heart and soul is in the right place.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

"A friend of mine works for Amblin Entertainment, and he told me that a teaser poster will be released soon for the 2015 blockbuster, Jurassic Park IV. I didn't believed him, so he just sent me a picture from the poster, without any comment. It seems valid, but I don't know for sure. I think it will come to light soon!"

Lord Stafford.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Universal Pictures has announced 'Jurassic World,' aka Jurassic Park 4, will hit theaters in 3D on Friday, June 12, 2015.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    That's going to mislead so many people when its out
    With the name, I'm guessing this will be set on a larger scale, not just in a park.

Lord Stafford.
    Regardless, I'm happy to finally hear something.

Lord Stafford.
    OHMYGOD I CANNOT WAIT. 2015's sooo far away xD
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Time flies. :)

Lord Stafford.
  • Cringing at the name. Ugh
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ok....it's just strange
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it'll be set in a park, but it'll just be a huge one. Like Disney World, Jurassic World.

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    So what can we gleam from a name like Jurassic World? While the title of the film isn’t necessarily a concrete indicator of its plot, it does seem to confirm the rumor that the plot will have something to do with a now fully functional dinosaur theme park, as per John Hammond’s original vision. (Disney World + Jurassic Park = Jurassic World?) For those who don’t know, here’s a portion of that rumor (which was later confirmed by Paramount to be from an “older draft” of the script):

” ‘Jurassic Park 4,’ set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe – until it’s not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino’s for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there’s concept art showing one of the aquatic dino’s, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.”
    I like the name.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

As long as the dinosaurs feel as real as they did before I could care less about the plot.

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the pitch trailer that was used to get the greenlight for Jurassic World
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's said to be a pitch for a "Jurassic World" videogame, whose concept was later developed into a movie

I posted it earlier, and yes, I found that out.

Lord Stafford.
    The title is terrific. The actor that played Hammond is still alive but I believe he's in a rest home.

Lord Stafford.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Thief :p I put it in the movie thread first.

Lord Stafford.
    is that real or fan made?
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    edited November 2013
    Why would there be a trailer when it is coming out in June 2015? It's got to be fake.
    imageimageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 171 mod
    It FINALLY starts filming next week! I've been following the rumors and speculation about it for YEARS. I am so damn excited. Colin the director really seems to care about it and won't make it a piece of shit like Jurassic Park III (seriously wtf did I watch???)