Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DVD/Blu-ray cover of Deathly Hallows (Part 1+ Part 2) - Director's Cut Fan Made Edition

Comments

• HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
    I'll put on youtube, the edited clip from the scene when Ron destroys the locket! There are numerous new details that can be seen in the scene! I think it's the best that I can do on this sequence.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Okay, i mean at least I can see Harry and Ron. I don't know what Yates and co. was thinking when they filmed this scene.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

I don't know what Yates and co. was thinking when they filmed this scene.

Not depend on the way in which it was filmed, but the choices made in advance. Two, may be the factors that affect the quality of the scene:
    1: Location;
    2: Eduardo Serra's work on photography.

I think it's a mixture of both, because, photography is very dark and too much monochromatic. and also because the set I consider it one of the ugliest made by Stuart Craig, and his sets are all beautiful!!!! In this location there is something wrong: is a set rebuilt in the studies, and therefore is not an actually existing location, the difference is obvious!

The solution could be a real location, adapted digitally, or a set totally different and with a brighter photography. In hindsight, I would have the set for the sequencem recreating a clearing, with a large open space where could filter the light of the full moon and illuminate the scene. Then, I inserted near the lake, a very ancient Celtic construction on which to destroy the locket, or use those beautiful ruins we see in the video game, but not in the movie: why=?

Anyway, here's my video. I take something off one's chest XD

That was perfect. The lighting was much better. I see what you meant.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely better lighting! Nice job.
    Thank u!

Actually your version is much better. I get they were trying to show how creepy Malfoy Manor was with Voldy there but at least put some color in their faces.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

Actually your version is much better. I get they were trying to show how creepy Malfoy Manor was with Voldy there but at least put some color in their faces.

Exactly. I do not have upset anything, i have I only improved the red appearance!

Nice. Can't wait to see the full movie.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    I'm putting on yt the extended the prologue of the Part 1. Coming soon!
    Yes, cant wait.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    what do u think about extended opening?
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We always wanted it, and now we have it.

Lord Stafford.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Awesome! :D But are you going to do a English version too for the complete movie?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

Awesome! :D But are you going to do a English version too for the complete movie?

after the editing whit italian lenguage! I Can't editing at the same time the Eng audio and the ITA audio!

Loved it. I like how you put Arthur and Rons scene in.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

Loved it. I like how you put Arthur and Rons scene in.

Thanks. I thought to put that scene there. I have not included the cut scene with Dudley because it's really hurt and because the scene is incomplete of VFX and the quality of the sequence does not allow for changes.
  • dobby83dobby83 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    When will the movie be finished?

dobby83 said:

When will the movie be finished?

a couple of months!

• JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    So what will you include? Just the two movies in one with better cinematography or also some BTS stuff?
    edited April 2013
    Can I give you a piece of advice for the extended opening? :)
    I am not quite convinced with the fact that you slotted in the Harry/Petunia scene with the music in the background. In my opinion, it doesn't quite fit.
    What I would do is I would directly put all the dursley stuff after Malfoy Manor scene. I think it would look much better! It's only a piece if advice , you can take it or leave it :D

Jordy said:

So what will you include? Just the two movies in one with better cinematography or also some BTS stuff?

This edition, fan made, include: Part 1 and Part 2 of >"Deathly Hallows" edited together like one movie, with a new Color Correction and some of Deleted Scene complete of VFX created by me.
    dobby83 said:

Can I give you a piece of advice for the extended opening? :)
    I am not quite convinced with the fact that you slotted in the Harry/Petunia scene with the music in the background. In my opinion, it doesn't quite fit.
    What I would do is I would directly put all the dursley stuff after Malfoy Manor scene. I think it would look much better! It's only a piece if advice , you can take it or leave it :D

I Know, it would be perfects, but to do such things the entire "obliviate" sequence must be cut. It 'something that should have taken place in the rough cut of the film. In this condition I can not do anything. Sorry.
    Edited #1 or Edited #2? Personally, I prefer the Edited #1 version.

Edited #2. It seems that the first one you can notice her wrinkles than the second.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

Edited #2. It seems that the first one you can notice her wrinkles than the second.

Precisely for this reason, I prefer that one!

LOL On the plus side it shows that Petunia has aged a bit.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Right now I'm working on the new Color Correction of deleted scenes from part 1. It 's easier to work with these sequences, because they were filmed naturally, without the addition of any filter.

Would you like to see the extended duel between Harry and Voldemort during the Seven Potters scene? But do not have great expectations, I wouldn't to disappoint all of you! Soon the extracted clip from the editing of the Director's Cut fan made edition!
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    YES! :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    that's it:
    That worked out so well. Would love to see how much trailer footage you put back in the Harry and Voldy confrontation in the courtyard in Pt 2
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

Would love to see how much trailer footage you put back in the Harry and Voldy confrontation in the courtyard in Pt 2

I don't think i'll do that. That scene is perfect in that way!

• SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That is amazing! Very nice!

enjoy

Hey! I was wondering what plugin or program did you do to key out the green screen on the photos??

the photos used for the poster doesn't have green screen. I don't understand what u mean.

the photos used for the poster doesn't have green screen. I don't understand what u mean.

I know, but I mean..the pictures used to look like this:

How did you manage to erase the background so neatly??

There are various tutorials online. If u check out "how to extract hair with photoshop" maybe get an answer

There are various tutorials online. If u check out "how to extract hair with photoshop" maybe get an answer

Could you PLEASE :) pass me a couple of links that you used? I just love the way your posters look!

Thank you!! It was REALLY HELPFUL!! :)

OT:

After a long time a update from the Director's Cut Fan Made edition:
    what do u think? It works?
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does. Just one thing, Desplat wrote a piece when the trio arrives to Grimmauld Place, which it was cut from the film. So you might use it instead of source music:

min. 0:00-0:55.
    I had completely forgotten the bonus tracks from Deathly Hallows Part 1. However, I chose this music to intensify the sequence. It seems perfect, for me. I'll listen once again and better the Desplat's bonus track and I will try to a different way. Here the adaptation of Delted Scene when trio talks about Voldemort's name and locket! Let me know what u think!

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice. Thematically it works, because that part is the motif that Desplat wrote for the horcruxes (especially for the Locket in Part 1).
    I tryed with bonus track "Grimmould Place".
  • Sportsman180Sportsman180 Posts: 155 ✭✭
    HogwartSite, you're basically a dream come true as a Harry Potter fan. Someone with gifted technical skill for filmmaking taking their time to get these films right. Visually, most I've seen looks flawless. Thank you.

But I DO have constructive criticism for you.

Is the Locket scene from the Blu-Ray or the DVD? I'm just hoping you're getting the best visual quality video from the deleted scenes, and I've heard rumors that the Blu-Ray deleted scenes were much greater quality than the DVD. Not sure if it's true or not.

Also...not to be a sourpuss, but your sound mix is off at places. I get the intensity of the track choices, and I appreciate your choice. But...the backing tracks is much too high in the Locket scene. I'm of the opinion that the music should cut off right before Harry says his "That's why we're gonna kill it." That cool line gets drowned out in your scene.

Also, in your extended prologue. There's a moment where the track crescendos @ 2:31 after Petunia's sister line. Then it cuts to Ron and it repeats that crescendo in a less intense key. I DO think this works. But there's a jarring little moment @ 2:36 like a second where the music dies as it transitions into your cut. Eliminate that second of music so it goes into the repeat crescendo immediately after. Also, a couple of Ron's line with the radio conversation get completely drowned out by the music. Would loved if you could've included 5 seconds of the Dudley/Harry handshake (ya know the parts where the obnoxious green screen isn't in the way) into that as well.

Hope everything comes out well!
    @Sportsman180. For the music I can fix. But I always thought that music should be such as to intensify the scene, and so I did like locket scene. Of course, thank you for the criticism, so I can improve.

About the quality of deleted scene, every clip is extracted from the Blu-ray, 1080p HD.