Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DVD/Blu-ray cover of Deathly Hallows (Part 1+ Part 2) - Director's Cut Fan Made Edition

HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to create a DVD / Blu-ray with a single editing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. In this edition I'll add some deleted scene complete of VFX such as: the trio in the tend after ministry, Harry and Ron hunting a rabbit, Petunia's speech, Ron and Arthur at the Borrow, and much more....some are not adaptable to the film like: extended Aberforth's speech or The extended race of Ron and Hermione from Nagini! I will update all of you!!! Enjoy

Comments

• SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    That. Poster. Is. Awesome!
  • HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

That. Poster. Is. Awesome!

Thank you so much!!!

• IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    @Hogwartsite That is epic.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket

@Hogwartsite That is epic.

I've been working on it, since August!!! XD thanks

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, better than the actual release poster.

Lord Stafford.
    @Hogwartsite I need to find out how to make fan posters.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

@Hogwartsite I need to find out how to make fan posters.

photoshopt is the key XD of course

I have photoshop its just i wanna learn the steps. @hogwartsite
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    I cant wait to see the finished movie! I'm not a fan of the cover sadly. Thanks for doing this! :D

I have photoshop its just i wanna learn the steps. @hogwartsite

I tell you what I did:
    1. I created the background downloading some psd files already prepared as the clouds
    2. I added the mountains, searcing on google "landscapes in Scotland" or just "mountains".
    3. I homogenized the two elements: clouds and landscape
    3. I chose the images of the characters and and tried to make them the same color corrction.
    4. Finally, to give a cinematic look I used the "Paint Daubs" filter and filter -> Add Noise.
    RyGuy said:

I cant wait to see the finished movie! I'm not a fan of the cover sadly. Thanks for doing this! :D

I could do more, but for the moment there are few available images from the photo shoot of the film. Anyway....thanks
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    The only thing I didn't like in the poster is hermione...she have a chubby face why? he doesn't look like her lol :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

The only thing I didn't like in the poster is hermione...she have a chubby face why? he doesn't look like her lol :P

hermione's photoshoot:
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! That's great!
    Awesome work, and I can't wait to watch the whole thing!

G.G.
    the first cover, before the final result

Oh those are great!
    The Character Posters of my Director's Cut are in production! First RON:

Awesome @Hogwartsite im gonna try it. Anything else i need to know about making these posters?
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Awesome @Hogwartsite im gonna try it. Anything else i need to know about making these posters?

Ask me something specific, otherwise I can not help you.
    below another pic of poster production if I can help you better....

@hogwartsite

I have 3 questions,

1.how do you take the backgrounds out leaving the characters like the Harry pic.
    2. How do you do the lighting effects.
    3. How did you get the Hogwarts in the background.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

@hogwartsite

I have 3 questions,

1.how do you take the backgrounds out leaving the characters like the Harry pic.
    2. How do you do the lighting effects.
    3. How did you get the Hogwarts in the background.

These are the basics you should know .. if you go on youtube is full of tutorials. However....XD

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    oh well, she was the one looking chubby in the photoshoot....it was not your fault sorry :S but the others poster looks great! I love the last one with hermione :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    other characters poster are coming

• TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Ginny's and Bellatrix and Narcissa's.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Semi-related question, but do you guys think that we will get extended editions one day? Honestly. I like to think there's a good chance. It makes sense that WB would want to milk the franchise for all its worth now and start releasing extended scenes and cuts only when it's absolutely necessary to make a bunch of money.
  • JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    We will, if people keep signing the petition that @firefly and I made a long time ago, we want 5000 more. C'mon:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/harrypotterextended/
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    No offense, but I don't think a simple petition will be able to convince the studio of anything. Warner Bros. is very interested on looking for more and more ways to cash in on Potter because of the enormous market, and eventually the only way to continue that will be to release the extended editions, but we also have to think about it logically. Are they actually going to go to all the trouble to rally up old crew members, some from over ten years ago, to add in a couple new scenes to each film? Extended editions would require a large amount of work--probably more CGI, re-recording of music, whole new editing jobs, etc. I just don't think they'll go to that effort. I think there is a large possibility of a more complete release of deleted scenes for each film, however. They can easily release all the uncut footage that they shot, just not re-incorporated into the film with more work added on.
    imageimageimage
    To celebrate the coming of the new year, Hogwartsite.net we will make two small but pleasant potter surprises. Appointment tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow with our most important gift!

The Character Posters are here:

• chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful
    imageimageimage
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These look amazing, but I think the tagline would sound better if it were "Every journey comes to an end"

Love Hermione's (those eyes!), Draco's and Ginny's...

These look amazing, but I think the tagline would sound better if it were "Every journey comes to an end"

Thank you so much!

A Sneak Peek from my Director's Cut fan made edition! What you think?
    Love it. Is it gonna be in English?
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit
    holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit
    You are doing god's work.
    GOD'S WORK

Also great Photoshop work, the posters are excellent and way better than what those shit for brains at WB's marketing department came up with.
    Can you share exactly how you're ending 1 and starting 2? It's cool if you can't do it, but is there any way you could maybe establish Lily's theme somewhere in Part 1's footage? I kind of would like to see that theme appear earlier in the unified film, maybe somewhere in Godric's Hollow. Again if you can't, I understand as nothing about this is easy, and I commend you for what you're doing regardless. I'm ecstatic to see the final product. If it's good enough and it's in true 1080p quality and in English, I'd rip it onto a disc and donate money I swear to god
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

A Sneak Peek from my Director's Cut fan made edition! What you think?

Your improved lighting makes me think that Yates interpreted the darkening aspect of the series a little too literally.

Love it. Is it gonna be in English?

Yes, I'll made an English edition.

Can you share exactly how you're ending 1 and starting 2? It's cool if you can't do it, but is there any way you could maybe establish Lily's theme somewhere in Part 1's footage? I kind of would like to see that theme appear earlier in the unified film, maybe somewhere in Godric's Hollow. Again if you can't, I understand as nothing about this is easy, and I commend you for what you're doing regardless. I'm ecstatic to see the final product. If it's good enough and it's in true 1080p quality and in English, I'd rip it onto a disc and donate money I swear to god

The editing of the film I had finished long ago, but now I'm redoing because I formatted the PC and I lost everything. I took this opportunity to go through both the film and change the photography too dark in some scenes. When everything is finished send you a copy on DVD and Blu-ray to some of my dear friends in Italy, but I can give you guys not sure that he will put it online because I think it is a violation of copyright. I will update you and will do everything so that you can see it! If you want to pay for it ... I have no idea how to do

another preview:

Whatever happens I'm thrilled that other people want this as one film; it truly is superior in every conceivable way. As far as copyright issues and obtaining a copy of this work, I understand that too.

It's disconcerting to me-- although I realize that the studio sees them as two different movies-- that there's actually some wasted potential here. Watching both parts together went so far as to eliminate some of the extremely minute issues I had with either/or and gave it that precise three act structure. People who haven't watched them back to back and who haven't thought about how the story structure and the epic/emotional nature of the films completely change.

In a perfect world we would get an official edit of the two parts as well as the complete Order of the Phoenix film-- if these things were to happen it would make the film series that much better.
    I was thinking about something. After initial installation I've done, I joined the first part and the second in this way: voldemort (the first part) test the Elder Wand, the glow that comes brings us to the WB logo (part 2). How about if instead cut it by the glow of the Elder Wand, directly to the clouds before the dementors? The only bad thing is that the Lily's theme will be cut. When you get to ride that way, will post a video so you can choose!

I had forgotten that the first version I had already posted here:

My two cents, and I realize this may be a very unpopular vote, but the opening of Part 2 at Hogwarts I feel is merely there for the sole purpose of opening Part 2. The scene doesn't really show us anything we need to know; it's nice to have that Snape scene and it looks great, but it doesn't really serve that big of a purpose story-wise. In fact, when you watch it straight through, I think the impact of the truth about Snape is a bit more surprising, even though WE know he's "good," and showing us Hogwarts there I think lessens the impact of when Harry and co. finally arrive there.

What I'm trying to say is cut it. It's really unnecessary when considering it as one movie, and it kind of disrupts the pacing from the events at the end of Part 1. I think a better edit would be to go from Voldemort shooting the spell into the sky, and then somehow back to Harry at Dobby's grave. The single film itself is already going to be really long, especially with some of the deleted scenes added back in, so really you'd have a bit of stuff to cut that IMO is pretty much fluff and serves no point. Showing Snape and Hogwarts there doesn't establish anything or provide any worthwhile information.

At least toy around with it and see what you could do without it.

ANOTHER idea, and this is purely an artistic one, is that you could even do without the full Voldemort scene. It's pretty dark seeing Deadbledore and Voldemort hijacking his tomb, but what if you treated it like one of Harry's visions instead of a full scene. Imagine only using bits of it-- take out that TERRIBLE CG shot of the tomb being opened (the one that looks like blocks of unfinished textures), and maybe just have a shot of Voldemort striking the tomb open-- you know that shot where it cracks-- and then cut from that to Harry looking in the mirror. This way we know that Voldemort has broken into the tomb, and then Harry says "he already has it" to Ollivander which tells the audience that Voldemort did in fact get the wand out of the tomb.

The trick here is to make it feel like one film straight through, and the way that Part 1 ends and Part 2 begins makes that difficult unless I think you actually cut some stuff out. Again I realize that this may be debatable for some, but when you're editing a film you have to consider pacing and information above showing fans what fans want to see. Just some food for thought.
    I totally agree Darth. I tried it once and it kinda work but i used Lily's theme. But it is debatable.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    I would say use the Part 2 opening of the Elder Wand sequence.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

I would say use the Part 2 opening of the Elder Wand sequence.

That could also work. I'm just trying to think on a level of minimalism. It's just that all of Part 2's opening is literally staged as the opening of another movie. Editing both parts together should nullify this completely. The edit of the two movies cannot have a single trace of "this is where they were split" and having much of the Voldemort scene and the clouds and dementors and Hogwarts gives it that feel. I know removing footage sucks, but one has to consider the purpose of this edit. I just don't think removing the opening of Part 2 before Harry looking in the mirror would hurt anything and it would probably help keep the pacing up. It shows us absolutely nothing we need to know in a straightforward viewing.

My two cents, and I realize this may be a very unpopular vote, but the opening of Part 2 at Hogwarts I feel is merely there for the sole purpose of opening Part 2. The scene doesn't really show us anything we need to know; it's nice to have that Snape scene and it looks great, but it doesn't really serve that big of a purpose story-wise. In fact, when you watch it straight through, I think the impact of the truth about Snape is a bit more surprising, even though WE know he's "good," and showing us Hogwarts there I think lessens the impact of when Harry and co. finally arrive there.

What I'm trying to say is cut it. It's really unnecessary when considering it as one movie, and it kind of disrupts the pacing from the events at the end of Part 1. I think a better edit would be to go from Voldemort shooting the spell into the sky, and then somehow back to Harry at Dobby's grave. The single film itself is already going to be really long, especially with some of the deleted scenes added back in, so really you'd have a bit of stuff to cut that IMO is pretty much fluff and serves no point. Showing Snape and Hogwarts there doesn't establish anything or provide any worthwhile information.

At least toy around with it and see what you could do without it.

ANOTHER idea, and this is purely an artistic one, is that you could even do without the full Voldemort scene. It's pretty dark seeing Deadbledore and Voldemort hijacking his tomb, but what if you treated it like one of Harry's visions instead of a full scene. Imagine only using bits of it-- take out that TERRIBLE CG shot of the tomb being opened (the one that looks like blocks of unfinished textures), and maybe just have a shot of Voldemort striking the tomb open-- you know that shot where it cracks-- and then cut from that to Harry looking in the mirror. This way we know that Voldemort has broken into the tomb, and then Harry says "he already has it" to Ollivander which tells the audience that Voldemort did in fact get the wand out of the tomb.

The trick here is to make it feel like one film straight through, and the way that Part 1 ends and Part 2 begins makes that difficult unless I think you actually cut some stuff out. Again I realize that this may be debatable for some, but when you're editing a film you have to consider pacing and information above showing fans what fans want to see. Just some food for thought.

On many things, I agree with you. For example, long before it came out the second part, I thought the film would begin with Harry wakes up at Shell Cottage after having seen in a dream that Voldemort steals the Elder Wand. I could try to cut as you say, because I like the idea, but since there soundtrack scenes and dear to all of us fans, it will be difficult to metabolize. I'll try to see what it gets...but eighty percent will stay in my initial idea!
    Also Dobby's death is pretty grand and emotionally satisfying, and in one viewing it would be better to keep things quieter and more somber. It should go from Dobby's burial and then some shots of Voldemort breaking into Dumbledore's tomb-- I really like the idea of just seeing that CRACK and then cut back to Harry. It would be like one of his quick visions that tells us what's up, and then this propels him to go down to Shell Cottage and into the dialogue scenes where he tells Ollivander-- and US-- that Voldemort has the Elder Wand.
    Your right @darthorcrux....maybe I can put the opening scene with Snape at fisrt sunshine Hogwarts in another position in the film....

On many things, I agree with you. For example, long before it came out the second part, I thought the film would begin with Harry wakes up at Shell Cottage after having seen in a dream that Voldemort steals the Elder Wand. I could try to cut as you say, because I like the idea, but since there soundtrack scenes and dear to all of us fans, it will be difficult to metabolize. I'll try to see what it gets...but eighty percent will stay in my initial idea!

Fair game. This is your work and I'm not trying to tell you what to do, only offering advice as someone with editing experience myself in college and forward. I completely understand about the soundtrack and such, that makes it incredibly difficult to do without just the bare footage that Mark Day got to work with; if you just had the footage alone without music it would be so much easier. But yeah, I get that it's really difficult, I was just trying to get you to think outside the box with it and NOT feel obligated to absolutely use everything that's there-- that's the fun in editing, is messing with things to see how they work out from a pacing and narrative standpoint. I'm just saying, again, it's your work and if you decide to cut some things for the sake of a better flow and the overall goal of bringing the two parts together, do whatever you have to that you feel would work the best.