Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

"Star Wars Sequel Trilogy" Official Thread

Comments

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    edited January 2013
    I'm not disappointed with the choice, I love Abrams, but I'm simply shocked by the fact that JJ actually signed on. Star Wars AND Star Trek?!
    imageimageimage
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Star Trek and Star Wars.

This man OWNS space. Seriously, if Star Trek pans out and Star Wars 7 doesn't suck this guys legacy is going to be greater than Kubrick with 2001.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    This has to be the best news of the year.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

Best news of the year so far, you mean...

... or are you a time-traveler? ;)
    No just a regular guy...............................or am I? ;)
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Regular?

Meh, that's boring.

Back on topic... is it just me, or would Chris Pine be perfect for the son of Luke Skywalker? I KNOW he is Captain Kirk in Star Trek, but he seems like he'd be perfect.
    ......no.
    imageimageimage
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Yeah no lol.

Seriusly if Afleck was doing it Id be on board 100% of the way.

Regular?

Meh, that's boring.

Ha, then my plan is working. :))

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    Richard said:

Yeah no lol.

Seriusly if Afleck was doing it Id be on board 100% of the way.

YEAH ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT STAR WARS 7 WONT HAVE THE POIGNANCY OF SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN

You people are fucking weird. This is SW. Abrams is god damned perfect for that shit. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Abrams has proven himself more than once. He made me like Star Trek. I hate Star Trek. And yet, I love his Star Trek. If he can make ME like Star Trek, there's no fucking telling what he'll be able to do with Star Wars.

This also means that Giacchino will score it, which is another blessing. This is all fantastic news. Use your fucking heads people.
    I mean, you guys DO know what Star Wars is, right? They don't make SW movies to compete at the Golden fucking Globes. They're pure imagination and escapism. I can't think of many directors working right now that are as good with those elements, that has tons of experience and know-how, than Abrams.
    I mean really, it's always the same shit-- people who get Star Wars understand that this is a great choice, and people who are film elitist buttholes are like "yawn, I think Kathryn Bigelow shoulda directed"

Jesus Christ. This shit will clean house in 2015.
    I agree... Ben Affleck STARS in action-packed space movies, he does not DIRECT them.

Besides, if Ben directed it, we'd get Casey Affleck or Owen Wilson as Son of Skywalker or son of Solo and that is just blah.

JJ Abrams knows his fair share of actors, and he will get some good ones in this movie.
    I'm not saying that other directors wouldn't be fine. I'm just saying it's silly to me to be meh about Abrams who has redefined the sci-fi blockbuster all by himself, yet champion directors who have had little to no experience when it comes to heavy special effects driven science fiction actioners. Because that's what Star Wars is.
    edited January 2013
    Is Abrams good at directing action? Yep.
    Is Abrams good at directing actors? Yep.
    Is Abrams fluent in the sci-fi genre? Yep.
    Is Abrams highly experienced and efficient at working with special effects? Yep.
    Is Abrams clearly respectful toward existing franchises that he boards? Yep.
    Has Abrams proven this? Yep. It's called Star Trek.
    Does Michael Giacchino always collaborate with Abrams? Yep.
    Does Michael Giacchino write good enough scores to take up the mantle from John Williams? Yep.
    Has Michael Giacchino proven this? Yep. It's called John Carter.

So, someone please extrapolate why this isn't a pitch-perfect decision. Abrams and Giacchino on Star Wars is completely harmonious. Combined with a surely great script from Mike Arndt, there is very little room for failure here.

I dont like star trek so yeah
    But if Ghicchino scores it I know the score will be amazing nonetheless!
    Richard said:

I dont like star trek so yeah

Well, this isn't Star Trek.
    I know and I didnt like how he went about with the space thing so well see.
    Richard said:

I know and I didnt like how he went about with the space thing so well see.

But you were 100% with the thought of Affleck doing it...

What does Affleck know about space movies other than hopping grand canyon sized asteroid canyons? Oh and singing really really badly before going into space?
    He knows how to make a movie buddy.
    Richard said:

He knows how to make a movie buddy.

When has he ever made a movie with the type of details needed for a Star Wars type movie?

Then ask yourself when has JJ Abrams?
    When you know a good director you know it. JJ abrams has done work like this, but it wasnt very good and so, I would rather it be on the hands of a great director who I have faith in than someone who has previously fucked up worked in space,but that is just me.
    Richard said:

When you know a good director you know it. JJ abrams has done work like this, but it wasnt very good and so, I would rather it be on the hands of a great director who I have faith in than someone who has previously fucked up worked in space,but that is just me.

Fine... lets get past the Space stuff...

JJ Abrams has Lost, Cloverfield, Super 8, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, and Star Trek

All excellent movies/shows with Action, suspense, a great storyline, great characters and great acting... all that Star Wars has.

Ben has Argo, The Town and Gone Baby Gone

Judging from past work, and comparing it to the style of Star Wars, JJ Abrams still wins for me.
    Well they chose him for a reason surely and surely Affleck was considered for a reason as well. Im just hoping everything goes good.
    And I need to watch star wars still :P

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Richard said:

And I need to watch star wars still :P

WTF?!? You never watch Star Wars?!? What are you waiting for! :0
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Im waiting for a good deal for the Star wars blu ray collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im thinking 50 bucks lol
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched Star Trek 2009... Fucking blew my brains away.

It's safe to say Episode 7 is going to kick major ass in 2015.

Can you imagine the anticipation for the first trailer?
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chester said:

Star Trek AND Star Wars for JJ Abrams? Really don't know about that. He's a good director but those 2 are quite familiar series with a lot of simularities.

That isn't a bad thing. It means that he can go into it with a sense of already knowing his way around space. Perfect, I say.

Lord Stafford.

Best news of the year so far, you mean...

... or are you a time-traveler? ;)
    I believe the only thing that could displace this as the "best news of the year" is the return of Harrison Ford as Han Solo. I don't care that he's 70. If he's in, I'm in; even though I already was. I've recently come round to the idea of Episode VII. I see no reason not to.

Lord Stafford.
  • Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    I just hope he has enough time to work on both franchises. I want him to direct a third Star Trek film after this.
    For the record, I was saying "no" to Chris Pine starring, not to Abrams directing. I'm fully on board with that decision and embrace it, even if it's a little weird that he's doing both franchises. No need to blow things out of proportion.
    imageimageimage
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone has their own style. Who are directors that you considered better?

Jackson, Cameron, Bay, Snyder, Greengrass, and Blomkamp to name a few.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
    I'm so excited for this it isn't even funny
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

I really hope the Sith play a part

Loki said:

as much as i liekd trek 09 and anticpate the squel i hope abrahms promise to still bei nvolved with trek 13 doesnt stop him from directing episode VIII or IX

He has only signed on for Episode VII, not VIII and IX.

Lord Stafford.

They will. How could the Star Wars saga ever exist without both the Jedi and the Sith?

Lord Stafford.

They will. How could the Star Wars saga ever exist without both the Jedi and the Sith?

Lord Stafford.
    There's a bunch of people on other forums who want the bad guys to be created by the story instead of there being an actual Sith storyline... I want to see a new Jedi Order and a new Sith Lord, since the Sith are my favorite :)

Star Wars 3D Releases Reportedly Cancelled

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/star-wars-3d-releases-reportedly-cancelled

WOW! After putting money in it.
    I don't think they should abandon something they've already started. Though, back then, we had no idea a sequel trilogy was going to be thought up, planned and finalised.

Lord Stafford.
    Also, the money made would have been a plus. However, I understand the thought process behind this decision. Episode VII will break records. After all is said and done, really, that's the only thing to matter.

P.S 200TH COMMENT!!

Lord Stafford.
    Update: StarWars.com has offered up an official statement on Deadline's story, saying that "Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date."

Thats good they're reconsidering they're decision.
    I actually was really looking forward to Revenge of the Sith in 3D... Oh well Episode 7 is one hell of a consolation prize ehh?

Nice Fan Made Poster! look alike like the dark knight rises poster...same concept lol

But hope episode 7 going to introduce a new villain with a lot of siths.

edited February 2013
    Stand-alone Yoda movie?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60757

Lord Stafford.
    Post edited by Lord Stafford on
    Oops, it seems my other post has vanished... I'll blame that on weirdness, and not something a mod might have done. :)

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/730077/star-wars-to-spinoff-with-yoda-solo-film/

Another site giving the details...
  • I honestly feel that it was a mistake for Lucas to sell the Star Wars License to Disney. Especially now that I hear that they are not only doing the sequels, but they are also planning a supposed spin off movies involving side characters. The character they are thinking of starting with is Yoda.
    Granted, this is only a rumor at the moment but still anything is possible at this point.
    We won't know if it was a mistake until the first film has released.

Lord Stafford.