Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

"Star Wars Sequel Trilogy" Official Thread

IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
edited October 2014 in General

"Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm have announced the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII! Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film. Click the photo above for a bigger version!

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of 'Star Wars: Episode VII.' It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015."

Read more: BREAKING: The Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced! - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=117665#ixzz30IVreO8p
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook
LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
Photobucket

Photobucket
Post edited by Samch92 on

Comments

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might just destroy the legacy of Star Wars!

Lord Stafford.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Or it could be the best one yet! But most likely not.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Wtf...eeeek new star wars generation.begins.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely, the biggest WTF news I've seen lately.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    I thought this was just a joke when i saw the thread. Really didn't see this coming.
    imageimageimage
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it doesn't turn the star wars saga into a huge disney kiddie f*ckfest like the Pirates franchise.
    imageimageimage
  • darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    this

my pants

so much shit in my pants
  • stu_mcdstu_mcd Posts: 189
    This is either the worst decision ever..
    Or the Greatest!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Yes yes yes...Hearing this today was fantastic news! Not only has George supplied story ideas for 7, 8 & 9, but this means someone else can come in and write the scripts aka better dialogue than some of which hes provided haha :P

I won't put it down, but this could be a disaster. Though, as with any potential movie disaster, it could still end up being brilliant.

Lord Stafford.

I won't put it down, but this could be a disaster. Though, as with any potential movie disaster, it could still end up being brilliant.

Lord Stafford.

too true!

Also, since Disney bought LucasFilms not just Star Wars, this means Indiana Jones could also be continued...theres a lot of speculation about this but no confirmation yet. This too could be rather interesting.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    I consider this an opportunity. There are so many books that tell what happened after Episode 6. I had a feeling this would happen one day.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing could ruin this day for me now... Nothing.

I love you guys.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

This is seriously the best fucking news I'm probably going to get for the rest of my life.

With Kathleen Kennedy in charge and Lucas acting as a consultant AND wrote the outlines for 7, 8, and 9, I see little to no reason to believe that these won't be better than the prequels.
    Which I liked.

Amen!

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    worst news ever!!! they need to stop making the films all together the last batch episodes 1-3 were atrocious.
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    company plans new Star Wars films every 2-3 years, a series on Disney XD, and theme park growth.
    Yawn. What a terrible mistake on Lucas' part, though I guess he saw fit to milk the concept for all its worth until the cow eventually collapses from Disney torture.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO!! loved your comment Pumpkinjuice it has me in stitches.
    My second fav after potter... I'm more happy than Satan at a Korn concert
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I will say it: I'm pumped. With Lucas not behind the helm, we have the opportunity for some great stories that don't have terrible dialogue. Brand new effects, a fresh new take...oh man, this is going to be fun to anticipate.
    imageimageimage
    edited October 2012
    My bad @RyGuy. Didnt see it.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    haha someone needs to start reading the previous posts :P
    Guys, its not like they are rebooting the series. George said he has a trunk with books and comics that he gave to Kathleen Kennedy, so if you are fans of the novellas and comics, we're probably in for a treat.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    RyGuy said:

Lord Stafford.

too true!

Also, since Disney bought LucasFilms not just Star Wars, this means Indiana Jones could also be continued....
    When Spielberg shits the bed he once ruled, don't allow anyone, especially not Disney, to clean up the mess; they will just spread a virus of sighs around the world that exceeds the hellish potion of Twilight vampire bites, the possibility of Mitt Zomney winning the election, people pretentiously celebrating Cabin in the Woods for being dumb, the making of yet another Johnny Depp phoning it in at the Caribbean movie and The Hobbit being turned into a bloated trilogy.

RyGuy said:

Lord Stafford.

too true!

Also, since Disney bought LucasFilms not just Star Wars, this means Indiana Jones could also be continued....
    When Spielberg shits the bed he once ruled, don't allow anyone, especially not Disney, to clean up the mess; they will just spread a virus of sighs around the world that exceeds the hellish potion of Twilight vampire bites, the possibility of Mitt Zomney winning the election, people pretentiously celebrating Cabin in the Woods for being dumb, the making of yet another Johnny Depp phoning it in at the Caribbean movie and The Hobbit being turned into a bloated trilogy.
    Well what's something that you would anticipate?

Leprosy?
    World War 3?
    Sodomist Revolution?

Happiness would be a game changer for you my friend

RyGuy said:

Lord Stafford.

too true!

Well what's something that you would anticipate?

Leprosy?
    World War 3?
    Sodomist Revolution?

Happiness would be a game changer for you my friend
    Association disturbance noted.

And to answer your question, I would anticipate things that look great. Hitchcock being one of them. Don't mix up honest negative opinions on bad or unpromising work as lack of happiness, please, but I can assure you that happiness is not something I need to waste time seeking as I'm more than satisfied with my life.
    Great is highly subjective, I've tried being an elitist... it works but deep down you know its not built upon sturdy ground. You can make something great in your own mind if you want.

I'm lucky because what makes me happy is Pop Culture. News like this greatly excites me, and my positivity allows me to think of the great stories and chances this could bring... Especially BOX OFFICE

3D is definitely going to happen as well. If done right, a new installment could really line up against Star Trek. :D
    imageimageimage
    Fassbender should play a droid. It worked out well for Prometheus.
    Are human-looking droids a Star Wars thing? I don't remember if there were any in the films. There's a first time for everything, I guess...
    imageimageimage
    Fassbender hell to the yea

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, I like it and I saw the movies a lot when I was younger, I remember being so excited to see Revenge of the Sith. I'm actually more excited than I thought I would be.
    I really like the optimism here, but we all know this is a shit idea. The movies are going to be shit. Please save me Obi Wan, cause my only hope is that we don't get dragged through years and years of shit if 7,8 and 9 take the amount of time to film and release as it currently takes to walk to a galaxy far, far away. This is a Disney marketing dream and we are all going to be doing keg stands of their kool-aid. Besides hope and pixy dust, what makes you think ANYTHING could make Star Wars good again? Can we let sleeping dogs lie, or shall we endure more of this?!?!?!

Jar jar rocks, fuck the haters.
    And here we go again with the fuck the haters war.
    edited October 2012

Great is highly subjective, I've tried being an elitist... it works but deep down you know its not built upon sturdy ground. You can make something great in your own mind if you want.

As unnecessary it would seem, I see that I should have added in my opinion there. How that omission, however, directly lead your thoughts to elitism is beyond me, but thank you for the rude insinuation, although I'm sure you meant no harm. I suppose I should take it as a compliment that my opinions seem to carry so much importance, which I won't deny pleases me just as much as anyone else, but in no way do I hate on something for being mainstream and I likewise never fall in love with a movie for the simple fact that it is celebrated by an elite. I like to think that my opinions are built upon sturdy ground. A great movie is a great movie regardless of reputation and whether it's mainstream, indie or something in-between.

As for your last sentence, I have no idea what you are trying to point out. It could be read (wrongly, I hope) as, you can make something awful look good in your own mind if you want.
    edited October 2012

Great is highly subjective, I've tried being an elitist... it works but deep down you know its not built upon sturdy ground.

You certainly gave off that impression when discussing Spiderman:
    If you're playing the role of Spiderman you should play Spiderman... The only Spiderman, which is what Stan Lee created. Andrew Garfield was Spiderman to a T. Movies based off better source material will never be better than their source material, so give credence to what Spiderman IS and not just a random interpretation.
    You have to have all the information to truly understand something, no matter what you think is good or bad.
    This screams fandom elitism. According to you, my opinions weren't built upon sturdy ground there compared to yours.

Great is highly subjective, I've tried being an elitist... it works but deep down you know its not built upon sturdy ground.

You certainly gave off that impression when discussing Spiderman:
    If you're playing the role of Spiderman you should play Spiderman... The only Spiderman, which is what Stan Lee created. Andrew Garfield was Spiderman to a T. Movies based off better source material will never be better than their source material, so give credence to what Spiderman IS and not just a random interpretation.
    You have to have all the information to truly understand something, no matter what you think is good or bad.
    This screams fandom elitism. According to you, my opinions weren't built upon sturdy ground there compared to yours.

Now this what a rebuttle post is supposed to look like B-)

I said you showed a hint of elitism when talking about Hitchcock, just like I do when I talk about Nolan.

I really just think you have high personal stakes and opinions whereas my opinions are based upon the pop culture movement of the day. That's why I'm willing to argue against you using 'mass opinion' and box office etc. etc. then if I have my own personal opinion on something I can bring up the subjectivity of greatness, how its based on facts to some people and based on nothing but their own mind to others.

I'm not hard to please though.

You notice that I make everything about the human mind? Literally every argument I get in I bring up the human subjective element? The mind fascinates me.

edited October 2012
    I meant Hitchcock the movie. It's not like I keep dreaming of Hitch's resurrection. And your love for Nolan I wouldn't call elitism, but favouritism.

Sometimes my opinions go hand in hand with the pop culture movement of the day, sometimes they don't. If they do, cool. If they don't, well...my points still stand. Backing it up with "mass opinion" and box office stats when convenient is something I try to avoid as it would appear hypocritical the day I ignore another member using the same tactic for a movie where I differ with the critics or "mass opinion".

If you were not alive when the movies came out, you have no idea of the times, your only understanding is what you saw on VHS, Laser Disk, DVD, BluRay, Streaming, HD Stream, digitally enhanced with changed scenes HD stream w/ Dolby 16.2. --> LET THE DISAGREES BEGIN!!!!

You would like The Jar Binker bc you see this franchise as funny jokes with cool cgi for the times... and not how episodes 1,2 and 3 are sacrificing good story for eye candy. Pod racing on Tatooine; great addition to story or great way to see latest sound and media players at Best Buy?

So, I am guessing that everyone here that is in support for these new BLOCKBUSTERS, would be on the Disney Space Shuttle behind Hale Bop comet for the NEW RELEASE OF 3 NEW INDIANA JONES MOVIES!!!! I mean, Crystal Monkey Skulls was the best Jones to date, right? The scene where he gets launched to outerspace in a fridge by riding the blast of a nuke, lands it, and then walks out to brush the dust? GENIUS!!! How about more Back II the Futures? Btw, Ghostbusters 3 will suck butt too.

I don't want things to be like this, but it is the truth. Jaina Solo kinda looks like Kristen Stewart... (I am predicting the future.... outcries on this site.... "..THEY SHOULD HAVE USED EMMA..")
    But I'm not going to fall into a hypocritical perch that easily, I can back up the fact that The Avengers is a great movie....

But I don't necessarily like it. Actually, I hate what it did. But that doesn't change the facts. It was popular... Too popular.

This thread needs less "Episode 7" and more "Episode VII." :P
    imageimageimage
    That's what I was thinking.

Lord Stafford.
    edited October 2012

The mind fascinates me.

That is something we have in common then.
    Funny. And surely on topic.
    lol