Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Divergent Series - Allegiant Official Thread

Comments

• fhapsfhaps Posts: 694 ✭✭✭
    ‘Insurgent’ To Be Released in 3D, New Interactive 3D Posters Unveiled

Lionsgate revealed this morning that the next instalment in their Divergent series, Insurgent, will be released both in 3D and 2D formats when it hits theatres on March 20, 2015.

“The second film in the Divergent franchise takes the story and action to another level and, by partnering with RealD, we were able to blend gripping performances and mind-blowing spectacle to create a unique event on screen,” said producers Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher. “We cannot wait to share this experience with audiences around the world.”

To go along with the announcement, the studio is releasing eight new Interactive 3D character posters. The one-sheets will roll-out one every hour across different entertainment websites.

They are updating with the posters here:

http://www.screenreels.com/2014/10/28/insurgent-to-be-released-in-3d-8-new-interactive-3d-character-posters-unveiled/
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Freaking awesome! Cant wait :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this scene a simulation? In Insurgent she's being used as a Divergence experiment, right?
    Yup!
    Looks alright! I'm not a big fan of the story, especially the last book was just horrendous imo, but I developed a huge love for Shailene and Ansel through John Green (also Ansel is genuinely dedicated to his fans, he's such a hard worker, very ambitious). They made me excited to sit these movies through! (:

This is the theater 12km from my town I sometimes go to. Sorry, just looks so much alike haha
    edited November 2014
    lool now i see from where they got their inspiration :P
    Post edited by Samch92 on
    @yonythemoony do you know whos working on the soundtrack? I liked junkie xl worked last year
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume he's still doing the sequel.
    @yonythemoony cool let me know if you know something!
    just read he won't be doing the score.
    Damn :(
    Guess he's busy with BvS
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but that was an awful teaser.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Has any of you read the Four series?
    Nope not yet, are they good?
    That would have been my question if you said yes.
    The first two I have read, but the last two are not on the internet for free. I wasn't impressed by the first two, so ordering the set would mostly be to have the complete package, but is it worth it?
    Samch92 said:

@yonythemoony do you know whos working on the soundtrack? I liked junkie xl worked last year

Joseph Trapanese (Tron, Oblivion, Earth To Echo) is doing the score.
    edited November 2014
    Wow! That is still a great composer!
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That poster looks awesome :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Insurgent | Exclusive Super Bowl Pregame Trailer | MTV
    edited July 2015
    Jeff Daniels is joining the cast of The Divergent Series: Allegiant Part 1 as David.

Bill Skarsgård joins the cast of The Divergent Series: Allegiant Part 1 as Matthew!
  • PatricierPatricier Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Buying Insurgent (and Divergent if you do not have it already) on Blu ray/DVD/any other home media device will help show that the movie is still popular enough to warrant an audience even if the movie did not do that well in theatres. Insurgent did well in theatres, but not as well as Divergent and Allegiant has a strong possibility of not doing that well, considering Insurgent's gross and going up against Batman Vs. Superman, which only comes out a week late. Like them or not, they helped the first Austin Powers get a trilogy, and Percy Jackson get a second installment when they came very close to not getting them. Insurgent is due out Aug. 4, at least in North America anyways.
    Check out the first Divergent Series: Allegiant Part 1 posters and quick interview with Theo James http://mnrdaily.com/article/theo.james.talks.about.other.projects.and.divergent.movie.finale/1195.htm
    Those are fan made lol Shai doesn't even have long hair lol
    Samch92 said:

Those are fan made lol Shai doesn't even have long hair lol

Her hair is longer in this one though than it was in the previous one if you've seen set photos
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still doesn't change the fact that they're fan made (and obvious ones at that).

Hell, just a quick google search of 'Theo James' will show you that the photo of Theo was from a photoshoot he did in Beverley Hills in March 2014.

image image
    edited July 2015
    even the title logo are different color on each posters and the fire spark thats typical WB style to do lool :P
    edited July 2015
    Check out our first behind the scenes video of The Divergent Series: Allegiant Part 1

Post edited by Samch92 on
    What my life has taught me is that ANYTHING is possible and ANYTHING can happen. Do not underestimate the power of possibility. While it does seem like Summit/Lionsgate most likely will continue with the 2 Part Allegiant movies, the possibility of Part 2 not happening is actually completely possible. This is especially since they are filming both parts as separate movies. Granted, it does seem ludicrous for them to make Part 1 of a movie and then discontinue, but things on a similar spectrum of ridiculousness have occurred:

1) While Lionsgate’s book adaptation track record so far has been great, it is not entirely spotless as Ender’s Game flopped after a fairly decent opening weekend. Literally ALL of their other book adaptation movies have done well, so what happened with that? Chris Weitz (director of New Moon) has stated that Lionsgate/Summit “understands the importance of the books - members of which who have read the books and appreciate them - not just see them as engines of possible profit." Upon further critical analysis supported by fans’ general reactions and the movies’ success, he appears to be right. Yet Ender’s Game proves that even Lionsgate can discontinue a franchise if it does not do well. While Allegiant happens to be a threequel, with two previous movies and a strong fan base to fall back on, there are still some fans who are not impressed with the movies, and unfortunately, it has to go up against the conundrum that is Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice which is VERY highly anticipated by most and is a more sound success despite the negative critical and even fan reaction that it may very well get. Dawn of Justice is NOT going to move its release date (it already has multiple times), and I do not think Allegiant Part 1 is going to move either, for a) that often leads to movies not doing so well if they are not of a strong brand and b) Lionsgate seems like they want to keep the series in its comfortable release window even if it is in moral danger. Beauty and the Beast, among other movies opening in March 2017 against Part 2 may also
    hinder it from happening per the bomb that Part 1 very much could become.

2) Again, with the Amazing Spider-Man movies. If you ask me, it is one of the most absurd and crazy things ever to happen in Hollywood that they are actually starting over (minus origin story but it WILL be integrated into the Marvel Cinematic Universe in some form or another) the Spider-man movies AGAIN when they literally JUST rebooted them. The Amazing Spider-Man series would actually have been able to tie itself into the MCU quite well in ways which I and other fans have thought of; With Joss Whedon’s quote during production of The Avengers that the key with the Avengers movies let alone the entire Cinematic Universe is “to have all of these stories and characters be tied in and work together, even if they don’t”, one would think that Marvel would be open to finding ways to making the ASM movies tie into their larger universe, again considering that they WERE actually thinking of having Andrew Garfield’s spider-man be the MCU spider-man, among other close connections in the past. Also, The Amazing Spider-man 2 actually did fairly well financially, or at least well enough to not have its series be necessarily discontinued.

3) TV shows like Firefly were cancelled even after they got such high ratings.

To stop the Divergent series with only a half complete ending is about as absurd as Hollywood can go. Besides, for those who do not like the ending of the book, there are rumors that they may actually change the ending or at least include an alternate ending for the home media devices. Even if you do not care for this, consider those that do. Not everyone who is a fan has read the books, and again, maybe it might be changed to a way that could be BETTER than the book. Think about how you felt when some other franchise you loved was rebooted or discontinued. Referring to the former, people’s reactions to the spider-man reboots caused it to suffer ANOTHER reboot, and lose some people’s favorite superhero franchise, including mine.

You always have a choice to make a difference no matter how big or small it may be. Even if it does not amount to much, at least you are doing something to help others and by extension avenge yourself. Do not let this pattern of discontinuing movie franchises without completed stories continue. Others may not be able to deal with it as easily as you. These franchises that were discontinued could have made a difference in their lives if their stories were fully completed. They may not find value in that which is popular or fairly similar, for there is always difference in some form between everything, no matter how big or small, and it is about the WAY that it is presented that people will get value out of it. Perhaps the way that Divergent does things is better to some people than the Hunger Games. That must be true; otherwise there would not be such a fandom for Divergent, and vice versa. 
    I liked how they book ended though hope they do it the way it is
    So "Allegiant Part 2" is now named "Ascendant" ...... lool
    lol
    Patricier said:

What my life has taught me is that ANYTHING is possible and ANYTHING can happen. Do not underestimate the power of possibility. While it does seem like Summit/Lionsgate most likely will continue with the 2 Part Allegiant movies, the possibility of Part 2 not happening is actually completely possible. This is especially since they are filming both parts as separate movies. Granted, it does seem ludicrous for them to make Part 1 of a movie and then discontinue, but things on a similar spectrum of ridiculousness have occurred:

1) While Lionsgate’s book adaptation track record so far has been great, it is not entirely spotless as Ender’s Game flopped after a fairly decent opening weekend. Literally ALL of their other book adaptation movies have done well, so what happened with that? Chris Weitz (director of New Moon) has stated that Lionsgate/Summit “understands the importance of the books - members of which who have read the books and appreciate them - not just see them as engines of possible profit." Upon further critical analysis supported by fans’ general reactions and the movies’ success, he appears to be right. Yet Ender’s Game proves that even Lionsgate can discontinue a franchise if it does not do well. While Allegiant happens to be a threequel, with two previous movies and a strong fan base to fall back on, there are still some fans who are not impressed with the movies, and unfortunately, it has to go up against the conundrum that is Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice which is VERY highly anticipated by most and is a more sound success despite the negative critical and even fan reaction that it may very well get. Dawn of Justice is NOT going to move its release date (it already has multiple times), and I do not think Allegiant Part 1 is going to move either, for a) that often leads to movies not doing so well if they are not of a strong brand and b) Lionsgate seems like they want to keep the series in its comfortable release window even if it is in moral danger. Beauty and the Beast, among other movies opening in March 2017 against Part 2 may also
    hinder it from happening per the bomb that Part 1 very much could become.

2) Again, with the Amazing Spider-Man movies. If you ask me, it is one of the most absurd and crazy things ever to happen in Hollywood that they are actually starting over (minus origin story but it WILL be integrated into the Marvel Cinematic Universe in some form or another) the Spider-man movies AGAIN when they literally JUST rebooted them. The Amazing Spider-Man series would actually have been able to tie itself into the MCU quite well in ways which I and other fans have thought of; With Joss Whedon’s quote during production of The Avengers that the key with the Avengers movies let alone the entire Cinematic Universe is “to have all of these stories and characters be tied in and work together, even if they don’t”, one would think that Marvel would be open to finding ways to making the ASM movies tie into their larger universe, again considering that they WERE actually thinking of having Andrew Garfield’s spider-man be the MCU spider-man, among other close connections in the past. Also, The Amazing Spider-man 2 actually did fairly well financially, or at least well enough to not have its series be necessarily discontinued.

3) TV shows like Firefly were cancelled even after they got such high ratings.

To stop the Divergent series with only a half complete ending is about as absurd as Hollywood can go. Besides, for those who do not like the ending of the book, there are rumors that they may actually change the ending or at least include an alternate ending for the home media devices. Even if you do not care for this, consider those that do. Not everyone who is a fan has read the books, and again, maybe it might be changed to a way that could be BETTER than the book. Think about how you felt when some other franchise you loved was rebooted or discontinued. Referring to the former, people’s reactions to the spider-man reboots caused it to suffer ANOTHER reboot, and lose some people’s favorite superhero franchise, including mine.

You always have a choice to make a difference no matter how big or small it may be. Even if it does not amount to much, at least you are doing something to help others and by extension avenge yourself. Do not let this pattern of discontinuing movie franchises without completed stories continue. Others may not be able to deal with it as easily as you. These franchises that were discontinued could have made a difference in their lives if their stories were fully completed. They may not find value in that which is popular or fairly similar, for there is always difference in some form between everything, no matter how big or small, and it is about the WAY that it is presented that people will get value out of it. Perhaps the way that Divergent does things is better to some people than the Hunger Games. That must be true; otherwise there would not be such a fandom for Divergent, and vice versa. 

Being honest, it's not like the Divergent series has been good. Both the books and films have been nothing but a mashup of Harry Potter (people get chosen on factions/Hogwarts houses), Matrix (especially in the Insurgent movie) and Hunger Games (dystopia with a controlling government and a girl who becomes the leader of a rebellion).

The only difference is what it happens to that girl on the final book. And the final book was hated by both fans and critics. And that same book is being splitted into two parts (the only difference is that they at least film the first movie, and then the second one, this way they'll avoid to cut something that is mentioned in the second part, like it happened with Deathly Hallows). It feels like Divergent is an attempt to replicate the sucess of a well established franchise, like Twilight was for Harry Potter. The movies did well, but outside of their fanbase, Divergent doesn't call for the regular audiences, like other franchises.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    "The End Is Never What You Expect"

Please, message, be geared to book readers. I want a different ending!
    The Divergent Series: Allegiant Official Teaser Trailer – “Beyond The Wall”
    I can't believe how much of a bore this is...
    I cant believe you're still alive! :P
    Those expectations must not have been very high to begin with.
    Of course the trailer looks good. It's nice cinematography to look at and a bunch of people that are really nice to look at. The story is still shit :trollface:
    You know, you could just hit the disagree button.
    Seriously, she's not abusing anything. Just giving her opinion.
    Can you stop flagging for no good reason @Patricier
    imageimage