Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Divergent Series - Allegiant Official Thread

Comments

• hermionefan1267hermionefan1267 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Saw the trailer at the beginning of catching fire :) it looks awesome
    text
    text
    text
    text
    "The sun persists in rising so I make myself stand."
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    yeah same here saw it in IMAX :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    new clip!!!

imageimage
    imageimage
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Please, tell me no one else found this Ellie Goulding song extremely misplaced, not to mention cheesy. Gave the so-hated vibe of "teen movie" to Divergent.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if that will play during this scene? :-?
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I love Ellie Goulding She is an amazing musician :x
    maybe just for that clip. it'd be really weird if it's in the actual film
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • hermionefan1267hermionefan1267 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    It was kind of strange having that song playing....I liked the rest of it though! Damn Theo James is sexy :)
    text
    text
    text
    text
    "The sun persists in rising so I make myself stand."
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.
  • alexdridhpalexdridhp Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    i can't decide whether or not i'll see this film !!!
    This trailer got me intrigue it more
  • BrianBrian Posts: 171 mod
    He directed R.I.P.D.....
    They really must have been scraping from the bottom of the barrel for this one. I'm pretty worried now.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So? Just because you burned a stew, that doesn't make you a bad cook. In fact, the guy had other films that did pretty well. And R.I.P.D. was a box office failure because people thought it was a Men In Black ripoff, when actually it was a comic book adaptation.
    My problem with Robert Schwentke is that he feels like a "director-for-hire", not a director with style and substance. One would say the same for Francis Lawrence, but he, unlike Schwentke, always primed for excellent cinematographies, knew his way very well around action scenes, and proved to be a competent director of actors (Water for Elephants may be "meh", but the main trio pulled very good performances), before receiving the Catching Fire gig, in other words, he had a style, even if I found it a little dull (of course, CF changed my opinion of him completely, on this matter).

And it's strange, because they got Neil Burger, a very stylish director, for Divergent. This is why I do agree there is space for worry, wonder if Summit is not rushing too much on the Divergent franchise.

But, let's wait to judge, obviously.
    edited February 2014
    Well, Constantine wasn't well received by critics and audiences (at least in U.S.), and some people didn't liked I Am Legend because how different it was from the book and the CGI darkseekers. Also, Lawrence was a music director before doing films, and people of that kind are alays critizied.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't look like Divergeng has a distinct style, and looks entirely predictable. I was an early reader of the books and found the dialogue cringeworthy the entire way through... I don't mean to pass down judgement but it looks and feels exactly as it is- a much less popular Hunger Games. You can change the name, change the story, but plot remains the same. And this doesn't even have any important social meaning whatsoever, no meta narrative, no substance. Hunger Games borders on that line but tends to tip over on the good side, while still keeping a foot in the bad side.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Well, Constantine wasn't well received by critics and audiences (at least in U.S.), and some people didn't liked I Am Legend because how different it was from the book and the CGI darkseekers. Also, Lawrence was a music director before doing films, and people of that kind are alays critizied.

Oh no, but I'm not talking about the movies in itself, but only about the work of Lawrence as a director. As I said before, I always found him kind of dull (with the exception of Water for Elephants), but he did had some remarkable skills. Constantine failed because of the story, and I Am Legend, yeah, the zombies were pretty crappy, but that's budgetary issue (or the VFX team? Don't know).

It doesn't look like Divergeng has a distinct style, and looks entirely predictable. I was an early reader of the books and found the dialogue cringeworthy the entire way through... I don't mean to pass down judgement but it looks and feels exactly as it is- a much less popular Hunger Games. You can change the name, change the story, but plot remains the same. And this doesn't even have any important social meaning whatsoever, no meta narrative, no substance. Hunger Games borders on that line but tends to tip over on the good side, while still keeping a foot in the bad side.

That's because it is (almost) what you said. It really doesn't feel like something exceptional, or at least, original. When I read the book, it was far from the crap some made to be, but it was... Ok. I read it, there was nothing specially remarkable about the plot, and then I moved on with my life. That's why I'll never understand the hype on the book series, it all feels so... How could I say? Familiar.
    Soundtrack of the movie:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/divergent-soundtrack-will-feature-m83-snow-patrol-a-ap-rocky-skrillex-kendrick-lamar-ellie-goulding-more-20140221

And it is... Pretty solid, actually. Any OST with Tame Impala and Woodkid is cool on my list.
    @fawke83 I love Woodkid! :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Ellie Goulding's Beating Heart

imageimage
    imageimage
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Yeah Woodkid is the fucking bomb. Tame Impala and M83 are fantastic too.
    imageimageimage
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    This movie looks so bland, the only thing saving it for me is the soundtrack and even then it's sad hearing Zedd making a song that tastes like Valentines Day. Some of my favorite artists are on the Soundtrack so I cant wait to hear some of these tracks roll out soon...as for the movie...lol

@fawke83 I love Woodkid! :D

aaron said:

Yeah Woodkid is the fucking bomb. Tame Impala and M83 are fantastic too.

Wo, that's a surprise, never imagined Woodkid had this many fans. o/
    So funniest thing just happen to me guys! SO I wanted to participate to a advance screening of Divergent. So the guy email me and say do you want to come to a press screening on Thursday March 13 and write a critics for our site. so im like sure im down sounds fun! lool but I never wrote a critics or something nor I read the book to know if its a good adaptation lool

so help guys :P
    Some people from Oh No They Didn't saw the film in advanced screenings:

Saw the movie, it was rather bland and cheaply made, surprisingly. The actors did a really good job, the problem is that there are not many colours, it looks cheap shot in the same building, but the actors saved it a bit.

I saw this movie yesterday, book reader. It was okay. People are praising Shailene but idk she didnt do anything for me. Very 1 note except for her crying scene

Jai was really good, I've never seen him in anything before. I love Miles and he made the awful character he plays likeable. I heard he does the same in TSN so I think this guy is just so likeable it reflects in his characters LOL
    @yonythemoony Is there going to be a score for this movie?
    Samch92 said:

@yonythemoony Is there going to be a score for this movie?

Yes:

1. Tris [feat. Ellie Goulding]
    2. The Test
    3. Choosing Dauntless [feat. Ellie Goulding]
    4. Capture The Flag [feat. Ellie Goulding]
    5. This Isn’t Real
    6. Ferris Wheel
    7. Erudite Plan
    8. Fear
    9. I Am Divergent
    10. A Friend
    11. Conspiracy
    12. Watertank
    13. Faction Before Blood
    14. Human Nature
    15. Final Test
    16. The March
    17. Dauntless Attack
    18. Sacrifice [feat. Ellie Goulding]
    19. You’re Not Gonna Like This
    20. Fight The Dauntless
    21. Everywhere And Nowhere
    okay great! Because the only thing I found is this list:

1. Zedd: "Find You" [ft. Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant]
    2. Ellie Goulding: "Beating Heart"
    3. Pia Mia: "Fight for You" [ft. Chance the Rapper]
    4. Ellie Goulding: "Hanging On" (I See MONSTAS remix)
    5. Snow Patrol: "I Won’t Let You Go"
    6. Woodkid: "Run Boy Run"
    7. Tame Impala and Kendrick Lamar: "Backwards"
    8. M83: "I Need You"
    9. A$AP Rocky: "In Distress" [ft. Gesaffelstein]
    10. Pretty Lights: "Lost and Found" (ODESZA remix)
    11. Skrillex: "STRANGER" [ft. KillaGraham From Milo & Otis & Sam Dew]
    12. Big Deal: "Dream Machines"
    13. Ellie Goulding: "Dead in the Water"

So I was disapointed there wasnt a score :(

And Hans zimmer help on the score too? @yonythemoony
    No, he was a musical producer.
    a fan mentioned that she loved the tracks ft. Ellie Goulding in the film :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 171 mod
    Seeing it a week from today at a screening. I'll let you guys know what I think!
    The score is out:

sendspace.com/file/p0egsb
    edited March 2014
    Seeing it tomorrow for a press screening :)
    Post edited by Samch92 on
    Hah, spoke nothing but the truth.

And the article is pretty biased by thinking that she will alienate fans. I mean, honestly, this is bullshit, she can take a big dump at Twilight and they will still go watch Divergent - even if it's to criticize her, the plot, etc. Twihards, after all, didn't stop The Host from flopping hard.

The score is out:

sendspace.com/file/p0egsb

OMG THANK YOU!!!

@Brian @Samch92‌ can't wait to read your reviews guy :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    edited March 2014
    the file is gone :( @yonythemoony

if anyone has the files or the file link please tell me :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    edited March 2014
    So today morning I attended the press screening of Divergent. The movie was great! Good adaptation of the book. Just a few minors change that I think only purist will complain about.

Afternoon, I went to the press conference and got the chance to take a picture with Ben Lloyd-Hughes who plays Will in Divergent.

The evening was the red carpet premiere in Montreal. Here I saw him again and got the chance to interview him and surprisingly he speaks French so the interview was in French :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

So yeah, today was a good,perfect and amazing day for me :D
    @Samch92 omg I was anxious to read about your opinion of the movie :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    It was good!great adaptation of the book with few minors change that only purist fan of the book will complain lol the first time you see the pit it just look grandiose of a scale! Can't imagine how great it must be in IMAX!

8.5/10
    edited March 2014
    I was scare that the factions won't be explain good to viewers who didn't read the book but nope they started the film by explaining with Shailene narrating how it worked. I liked that. And it follows by the haircut scene like the book ;)

And the score was great! I love the Dauntless theme :D
    If you guys want to know if one of you're favorite part of the book made it to the film or how they managed...ask right away :)
    Thank you so much @Samch92‌ !!! my excitement is over the roof now xD
    imageimage
    imageimage
    How was the acting? I heard that Woodley (obviously), Miles Teller and Ashley Judd were the standouts, while Ansel Elgort, Ben Lloyd and Christian Madsen (Al) were or too random, or fell flat in their performances, while² Kate Winslet was kinda generic. Are some or all of these true?

About the soundtrack, it's a "compilation" one like the Hunger Games, in which the songs don't appear in the movie, only one or two in the credits, or is it like Twilight, that the entire soundtrack is in the movie?

Does the ending differ from the novel? I read in those screenings reactions that the movie ending had "closure", which felt kinda odd...

Only that for now. And lucky you, dude!