Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Divergent Series - Allegiant Official Thread

mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General
BOOKS:

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

--

One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

"New York Times" bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian "Divergent" series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.

--

The third and currently untitled chapter - jokingly called by Veronica Roth as Detergent - is set to come Fall 2013.

--

MOVIE

Summit currently owns the rights to the series and has already started pre-production. Evan Daugherty (Snow White and the Huntsman) wrote the first draft of the script and Neil Burger (The Illusionist, Limitless) has been hired this week to direct. Filming is expected to begin March 2013 for an early 2014 release.

--

Veronica Roth has a really cool blog where she talks about inspirations, how the writing process happens and even gives some behind the scenes insight on the book's story development. It's worth a visit.

veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com

Post edited by Samch92 on

Comments

• mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to meet her, she really seems like the most awesome person ever

Hopefully one day I'll get to meet her :)

• silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's exciting! I'm going to read the books when I have the time and I love Neil Burger's The Illusionist
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Ugh. Not really excited with the directing choice.

Regarding the books, waiting for them the be released in portuguese ^^
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    It's alright! Thanks! I can find the American copy over here in Brazil, but I'm really lazy to read in English. The Portuguese version will be released in September 1st over here.
    Post edited by Brian on
    image image image
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Yes but Id read it, you can be sure of that ;;)
  • Is this series narrated in first person? From the girl's point of view?
    image image image
  • Ugh. Okay. Hahaha. It's just... I'm so tired of girls narrating stories. It gets so annoying after reading hundreds of books in that style.
    image image image
    It's really bugging to read her thinking about Four's muscles and beautiful face every 5 pages :P

• Fuck. I'm not sure if I have patience for that -.-
    image image image
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there's a real pdf of the books on the internet (no torrents, just a pdf) ?
    Nevermind, I found one. I'm not sure if I can post the link?
    The Hob, the Hub, what's the difference?
    Well The Hob is District 12's black market, The Hub is Chicago's administration center.

Duh, but that's not very inventive right. The whole thing just seems like the Hunger Games to me with a few adaptations. Not my cup of tea.
    Except for taking part in a dystopian society and having a female protagonist, there's hardly anything similar to Hunger Games

If you say so. I don't like it all the same, I'm in the ninth chapter now and I think I'm going to stop reading.
    She's in training now shooting guns yay!
    but I'll read another 5 chapters ok ok
    I love the climax, I think you'll love it too!

• RustyBonesRustyBones Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

I love the climax, I think you'll love it too!

I am not sure I understand what y'all are talking about..

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO
    SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT’S
    DIVERGENT
    TO BE RELEASED IN NORTH AMERICA ON MARCH 21, 2014

SANTA MONICA, CA September 12, 2012 – Continuing its expertise in turning young adult novel franchises into compelling feature films, Summit Entertainment announced today that its highly anticipated filmed adaptation of the novel DIVERGENT will be released theatrically in North America on Friday, March 21, 2014. DIVERGENT marks another strategic foray for Summit into producing material for young adults, building on Summit and corporate parent Lionsgate’s leadership in the young adult genre. Summit’s TWILIGHT SAGA franchise has grossed more than $2.5 billion at the worldwide box office, and the first film of Lionsgate’s THE HUNGER GAMES franchise is the 13th highest-grossing North American release of all time.

The extremely popular young adult novel Divergent was written by first time author 23-year-old author Veronica Roth and has topped The New York Times Best Sellers list ever since being published in May of 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins Publishers. The book was written by Roth while she was earning her undergraduate degree at Northwestern University. She followed her first novel with the book Insurgent, which has also made its way to the #1 position on specific New York Times Best Sellers lists. To date, both novels have sold nearly 1.5 million copies outpacing sales of The Twilight Saga novels at the same point in their literary lifespans.

The screenplay for the film is being written by Evan Daugherty with a filmmaker soon to be announced. The studio acquired the film rights to the novel in early 2011 several months before the book Divergent was published.

DIVERGENT is a thrilling adventure centered around the monumental choice of deciding who you are and discovering who you can be. Set in a future where America is divided into five ideological factions to stabilize society and uphold peace, every citizen must choose a permanent faction at age 16 – either their own or another. Struggling to survive her initiation into the most aggressive and physically demanding of the factions, Beatrice Prior must uncover her true hidden strengths and risk her family, her new found love, and her very own life to defuse a mysterious conspiracy which could change the balance of power forever.

About Summit Entertainment
    Summit Entertainment, a LIONSGATE® company, is a worldwide theatrical motion picture development, financing, production and distribution studio. The company handles all aspects of marketing and distribution for both its own internally developed motion pictures as well as acquired pictures. Summit also represents international sales for both its own slate and third party product.
    So Neil Burger is not announced here. Will they go with someone else?

Can anyone update the thread's title with the official date?

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Done matt!
    Thanks Rich!

Shailene Woodley is playing the part.I think.

BTW I'm starting this series today :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • hermionefan1267hermionefan1267 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    These books are so good! Ive read both of them multiple times....I'm really excited for the movie! Does anyone know the cast yet?
    text
    text
    text
    text
    "The sun persists in rising so I make myself stand."
    I'm still getting used to the choice of Shailene as Tris. She's a great actress but Chloë Moretz or even Taissa Farmiga would be better choices.

• Starting the book later this week. Don't know what to expect.
    image image image
    Hope you enjoy it, Rick!

I think you will like it-its kind of similar to potter in a way. the factions are like the houses, based on your strengths/character-although you get to choose where you belong.
    text
    text
    text
    text
  • 84 pages through so far, and honestly? Finding everything a little bit too silly, unidimensional and not very believable.
    image image image
    @mattStrelow @hermionefan1267 I am so not over the last part of Insurgent
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I didn't really like the ending of that one, divergent was much better in my opinion. It made more sense and i feel like the plot was more entertaining.
    text
    text
    text
    text
    Did you see the four guys they called for a chemistry audition?
    imageimage
    imageimage
    @silverarrowgriffin who do u think should play four?
    text
    text
    text
    text

@silverarrowgriffin who do u think should play four?

I really don't know right now :( How about you?
    imageimage
    imageimage
    It's kind of a tie between drew roy and alexander ludwig, i think they would both do it great, and pull off the bad boy part. I can't really choose, but I feel like i would be happy with whoever they chose.
    text
    text
    text
    text
    Oh God...I don't want Alexander Ludwig. He is so not Four.
    imageimage
    imageimage

They're the actors who were called for an audition with Shailey Woodley
    imageimage
    imageimage
    oooh i like the two on the right, sorry i dont know their names. the top one on the left looks too old and lucas till just wouldnt fit in my opinion.
    text
    text
    text
    text

oooh i like the two on the right, sorry i dont know their names. the top one on the left looks too old and lucas till just wouldnt fit in my opinion.

yeah the first guy looks really old.the one the top right is breanton thwaites and the guy on the bottom right is jack reynor.

also, i read that a lot of people want Colton Haynes to play four

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Book is getting better. But still, not worth the hype.
    image image image
    @Henrick I didn't really get into it on the first few pages.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting this tonight.... I hope it doesn't fall in the same line as every other teen fiction I've tried to read here lately.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Any time I read dystopian novels I think of The Giver, my all time favorite in the genre.

I'm 44 pages into Divergent and I'm very curious as to what will emerge as the antagonist, and what problem exactly there will be to solve...
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Couple of pages to finish it. Meh.
    image image image
    Everything is so predictable

The story I want to tell that I've had in my brain for so long doesn't want to preach to you... Or constantly shed light on how everything is screwed up.. It's just a story, a narrative on humans given greater abilities and how they handled it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I just finished it... I actually loved it. I identified with Tobias and Tris more than I have a fiction character in awhile. I'll definitely be buying Insurgence tomorrow.