Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Official Doctor Who Thread - Capaldi's Costume Revealed!

silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in General
Trailer for Series 7!!!

What do you guys think?
imageimage
imageimage
Post edited by Isaiah on

Comments

• Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks really cool!

But I'm curretly in Season 1 LMAO!
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Omg. I'm so excited for series 7!!
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I'll be able to handle episode 5 tbh.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much Classic Who have you guys watched? I've sort of started watching it more. I've only see an Unearthly Child, the Three Doctors, the Ark in Space, the Sontaran Experiment, the Ribos Operation, and the Caves of Androzani. I've also watched the TV movie with the eighth doctor.
  • Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    My sister's obsessed with this show. haha. she bought Netflix just for it. I really liked the first two seasons, afterwards it was alright. Now, the episodes with Matt Smith is more meh. I don't like it as much. The writing really stood out to me in Seasons 1-2. Not as much later in the series.
    image image image

I prefer Matt Smith + the Moffatt era. Everytime I rewatch those episodes I appreciate them more while everytime I rewatch earlier ones I become less impressed. I'm not really good at explaining myself, but I'm trying lol. Idk, I feel like the RTD era (series 1-4) is a bit more corny and the episodes tend to be a more contrived (Series 3 finale where everyone thinking "Doctor" makes him powerful and the DoctorDonna didn't do justice to her character arc, IMO).

I liked Donna early on, and Martha. I don't know why, I just always loved Rose the best. Maybe because she's the first companion. I never liked Amy.
    image image image

Dalek: Are you afraid?.. Rose Tyler?...
    Rose: ...Yeah
    Dalek: So Am I.

:'( wahh!! By far my favorite episode.
    image image image

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    I just watched my first episode and it was really cool! haha I'm ordering @Ash to send me moar links haha :D
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still yet to watch my first ep in full...I really want to, but it's so expensive here.
    imageimage
    Phineas said:

I'm still yet to watch my first ep in full...I really want to, but it's so expensive here.

This is the one I watched :3 Its Season 1 Episode 1 :3

http://www.putlocker.com/file/0F41B1FCCACFFD63
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Rose Tyler.
    @Ash episode 5 :( I will be crying but I'm excited for the new companion.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I haven't really seen an episode in full, and I don't think I'm up to starting from Season 1 and watching hundreds of episodes at the moment ( :P ) but from what @Ash says and what I've found on the internet I've definitely heard great things. Hope you enjoy the season! :)
    imageimageimage
    I just finished Series 1 and just started series 2...I really really love it!!! I'm hooked!! I already miss Chris though...his performance was absolutely brilliant. I am a huge Rose fan as well. I'm excited to see Catherine Tate come on board soon, I think she's hilarious.

I always thought the series looked a bit odd or one could say goofy, but once I started watching I was hooked! It's great! :D
    Catherine Tate is awesome in the show. She's my second favorite companion.
    image image image

Catherine Tate is awesome in the show. She's my second favorite companion.

I second this. She's my favorite as well :)
    @RyGuy yayyyyyy :D

Series 7 isn't premiering on August 25 :(
    imageimage
    imageimage
    edited August 2012
    August 25th is when they're doing some sort of screening of Asylum of the Daleks.

Moffat did retweet this from Doctor Who Magazine: "It's Saturday! And in just a few weeks from now, Doctor Who will be returning to BBC One with a new series! RT if you're excited! (We are!)"

Looks like it will still be soon. I'm thinking September 1st (hopefully) or September 8th. :)
    @TheDoctor asdjsahdj really can't wait for it :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • stu_mcdstu_mcd Posts: 189
    The first screening of Asylum of the Daleks is on the 14th of August not the 25th and then later on at the MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival which runs from the 23rd to the 25th of August.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Longest running Doctor of all time? I'm a fan though, so this is great news! :)
    Yayayayy Matt! :'D He's my favourite.
    imageimage
    YES! I love Matt!
    I still havent gotten to Matt but he seems great! I am halfway done with Series 2...I'm Hooked! @-)
    :( I never liked Matt as much as the others (reboot wise), but that's an awesome run!
    image image image

@RyGuy omg Series 2<3 i cried so hard at the finale and Series 3 is awesome...fave episode from that series would have to be 'Blink'--if you get there watch it in your room alone without any lights on haha
    imageimage
    imageimage

@RyGuy omg Series 2<3 i cried so hard at the finale and Series 3 is awesome...fave episode from that series would have to be 'Blink'--if you get there watch it in your room alone without any lights on haha</p>

Yes! This episode left me traumatized but its really good.
    The titles for all the first 5 episodes are out:

"Coming soon: Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, A Town Called Mercy, The Power of Three, The Angels Take Manhattan..."

And apparently Asylum airs on September 1st.
    @TheDoctor I was really hoping it'd be out next week :(
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I'm not sure any opening episode can top series 6 for me, I loved it so much
    But I can't wait! :D
  • stu_mcdstu_mcd Posts: 189
    There seems to be a massive reveal in the first episode that hasn't been spoiled yet. Everyone at the screening is keeping quiet about it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    stu_mcd said:

There seems to be a massive reveal in the first episode that hasn't been spoiled yet. Everyone at the screening is keeping quiet about it

Yeah apparently (not really a spoiler, but is a bit more specific as to what the reveal is)

a new "very important" character is introduced.
    Ash said:

I'm not sure any opening episode can top series 6 for me, I loved it so much

Same, that opening 2 part is so gripping and the Silence are one of my favorite villains. Plus River :x
    New little teaser from Asylum of the Daleks:

imageimage
    imageimage
    BBC America is premiering it on Sept. 8
    imageimage
    imageimage
    @Ash September 1 for you!! :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Apparently they stopped showing the September 8th at the end of the trailer though. Hopefully they change it to be in sync with the British date because having it on a different date would be such a dumb move lol. Tons of people (including me) aren't gonna wait a week and will just get it online. Their ratings will suffer, plus Doctor Who is on the rise in the US and this would just be counterproductive to that, I think.
    What an awesome birthday present :3 can't wait! So sad about the Ponds!
    New photos:
    Amy :(

imageimage
    imageimage
    So today I went and bought seasons 2, 4, 5 and 6. Planning on getting 1 and 3 tomorrow. After watching a few eps on tv of seasons 5 and 6, it's safe to say I'm well on my way to becoming a Whovian.
    imageimage
    @Phineas \m/
    imageimage
    imageimage
    New trailer from BBC America

imageimage
    imageimage
    Pond Life:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xq2jv

it's a mini-adventure in 5 parts
    imageimage
    imageimage
    I'm so, so excited! BBCA is sponsoring the premiere screening for Doctor Who here in NYC! Its at 6. Matt and Karen are coming. I'm super stoked.
    So now I have all six seasons. ^_^ I've just watched the first two episodes of series one. I love it. I wasn't familiar with Christopher Eccleston, so I was a bit weary of him at first, but I really like him. And I love Billie Piper. It was also interesting to see Zoe Wanamaker, our dear Madam Hooch, as 'the last human'. The thing I love about British tv is you never know when Harry Potter alum are going to pop up.
    Can't wait to watch moar!
    imageimage
    There are many harry potter characters in Doctor Who. Hooch, Dobby, Dumbledore, Narcissa... There are many more, but I forgot. Lol.
    image image image