Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Happy anniversary, Deathly Hallows

phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
edited July 2012 in Books
Today is the official release day of Deathly Hallows (I know there's another similar thread this is to celebrate the release day) I wasn't into the Potterworld then, but in the few years that I have been I've come to consider this my home...I've found so many new friends thanks to Harry :D

The members of the Mugglenet staff have recorded their thoughts and memories and they say it all

image Here's to Harry...may he live forever!
photo niffler3b.jpg

Comments

• Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy 5th Anniversary! :)
    image image image

• BraveheartBraveheart Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe it's been half a decade. At most it feels like a year or two. :-O
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I was gonna make this thread, I guess I was beaten to it. :P Yeah I agree with @Braveheart, it does not feel like 5 years at all. :(
    imageimageimage
    I guess the movies made it feel like it was still current. Without them now, I'm starting to feel a bit of an absence. It's a strange thing not to be anticipating anything Potter related.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary! Five years ago, I waited for the arrival, in the post, of the final Harry Potter novel, and, my god, I never put the down. I was so engrossed, and desperate to find out what would happen. Needless to say; I was not disappointed. Happy 5th Anniversary, Deathly Hallows! :D

Lord Stafford.

Can't believe it's been half a decade. At most it feels like a year or two. :-O

It won't be long before we're talking about the 10th anniversary.

Lord Stafford.

It won't be long before we're talking about the 10th anniversary.

There's a scary thought. I feel old enough already as it is. :))
    Well, time is going a lot faster than it used to. I'm assuming that's a sign of us getting older.

Lord Stafford.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before HPF, MuggleNet was seriously my second home so this makes me emotional :p
    Yeah, time does move much faster these days. Weeks and months seem to vanish before my eyes. :))
    Wales is my second home.

Lord Stafford.
  • Potter35Potter35 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary Deathly Hollow. Although I never waited for this book because It has been only a year since I became a Potter fan. I just fell in love with the first book, and read the remaining ones. But that doesn't mean I don't care for this Anniversary or anything.My love for Harry Potter is eternal. :')
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself did not read Deathly Hallows the very day it was released but I remember very well my mum buying it for my brother and I looked at it as it lay on her bed and I remember thinking how cool it looked. At that point, I knew of Harry Potter but I didn't know how much it was about to change my life.

Happy Anniversary Deathly Hallows and thank you again JK Rowling.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had it read by 10AM this morning 5 years ago....
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• echomagic650echomagic650 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    I wasn't a member of this forum while it was still the actual anniversary, but I know I can't believe it's been so long. It feels like yesterday that I was eating cucumber slices with snickers ice cream at three in the morning reading about Dobby's death. I didn't even realize how gross my meal was until I finished the book because it was so amazing. I was pissed when I had to stop reading to get in and out of the car after I got the book at midnight. I actually got a $10 gift card to that book store because of my costume and was the third person to get the book (even though I was originally number 20) because I won the trivia. I even remember single handedly convincing all the non-believers in the debate that Snape wasn't evil, and I was right. Still, when I remember life before the Deathly Hallows so clearly, it's strange to think it's been around for so long.
    "That wand's more trouble than it's worth," said Harry. "And quite honestly," he turned away from the painted portraits, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
    -Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, page 749

"Whether you come back by page, or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home” - J.K. Rowling
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when we all used to call it book 7? =/
    Yep. That was a long time ago now....
    "That wand's more trouble than it's worth," said Harry. "And quite honestly," he turned away from the painted portraits, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

"Whether you come back by page, or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home” - J.K. Rowling
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so afraid to know the end it took me a year to get a copy...
    Really? I mean, I was afraid, but I think prolonging it would have been torture.

• XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan back then :'(. However, its release was what got me into it, since I wanted to know what all the fuss was about.
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    Before I got into HP I went to Borders the day of one of the book releases...the lines were wrapped around the store and I couldn't understand what was going on, they had to open a special line for people not buying the book :)) If I knew then what I know now, I'd have been in that long line too ;)
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Potter35 said:

Happy Anniversary Deathly Hollow. Although I never waited for this book because It has been only a year since I became a Potter fan. I just fell in love with the first book, and read the remaining ones. But that doesn't mean I don't care for this Anniversary or anything.My love for Harry Potter is eternal. :')

Deathly Hollow?

Lord Stafford.
  • Potter35Potter35 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Hallows. Spelling mistake. You see! :D
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭

These feelings :( Seems like yesterday, oh God.
    The only midnight release I ever went to was the Deathly Hallows, because I wasn't that into it until only the HBP and DH weren't out yet and I couldn't go to the sixth because I had a 6 a.m. flight that morning, so my mom bought it for me in the airport bookstore.

• phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    The only midnight release I ever went to was the Deathly Hallows, because I wasn't that into it until only the HBP and DH weren't out yet and I couldn't go to the sixth because I had a 6 a.m. flight that morning, so my mom bought it for me in the airport bookstore.
    Bet that helped that flight go fast ;)
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    It did. I don't even remember the flight at all. It was all a blur until I finished the book that night. (I would have finished it sooner but I had to put it down for a couple of hours because it was my family reunion that we were flying to).

• K3chocolateK3chocolate Posts: 217 ✭✭
    I agree with the video above, it's very insightful re-reading the series, which I am doing now!