Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Which House at Hogwarts do you belong to?

SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Books
Photobucket

Which House at Hogwarts do you belong to? 49 votes

Gryffindor
36%
dobby83phoenix1SarahElizabeth![Deleted User]KranenChrisMUtopiaMoonAaronRSir_CadoganIsaiahFangwidgeonLizSuegrable424nick_hansenPotter35regina_filange13[Deleted User] 18 votes
Hufflepuff
16%
RichardTubbyToastchesterfhapsJasonSamch92SoulxxBondLadyLaRouge 8 votes
Ravenclaw
28%
BraveheartseamusGodricGryffindoraaronTheDoctorAshJordymattStrelowXDMorsmordreXDLord_DarkeyesMartin1Tom18hermionefan1267PocusPower 14 votes
Slytherin
18%
WeasleytheKingRyGuyRustyBonesWolf_Potterechomagic650ashleymalfoyFenrirLokesoncaswalmacHPCharm 9 votes

Comments

• chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Hufflepuff
    I'm not cool and popular, but i'm a great and nice person.
    imageimageimage
  • SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭✭
    Gryffindor
    That's all that counts! Puffs are awesome!
    Photobucket
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hufflepuff
    I think it takes kindness to be cool
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hufflepuff
    ^THIS.
    imageimageimage
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Slytherin
    Or perhaps in Slytherin
    You'll make your real friends,
    Those cunning folks use any means
    To achieve their ends.
    <:-P
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenclaw
    I'm a nerd fuck.
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenclaw
    Sadly there's not a house of pancakes option.
  • Potter35Potter35 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Gryffindor
    Being a nerd doesn't mean your not popular. :D
    Hufflepuff
    Especially not if you're in a nerd school like mine yay!
    Gryffindor
    @Tubby In which school do you study?
    Hufflepuff
    Dutch high school, but our school system knows different schools for levels. I'm in a grammar school if you know what that means (like A level)
    Gryffindor
    Yes I know that. I ll be doing A levels too.
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenclaw
    Who are you trying to kid, bud?
    Slytherin

First Pottermore put me in Slytherin, then Gryffindor. Considering Slytherins are usually "scummy," (except Slughorn) I chose Gryffindor. :3

lmfao you're a hufflepuff...lets not kid around here...lol
    Gryffindor
    RyGuy said:

First Pottermore put me in Slytherin, then Gryffindor. Considering Slytherins are usually "scummy," (except Slughorn) I chose Gryffindor. :3

lmfao you're a hufflepuff...lets not kid around here...lol
    Yepp.
    Photobucket
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Ravenclaw
    Wit beyond measure = man's greatest treasure.
    imageimageimage
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    Slytherin
    Mwahaha @RyGuy we are the bitches
    Slytherin

Mwahaha @RyGuy we are the bitches

B-) We the best Pako mwohahahaha >:)
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenclaw
    Got the claws of a raven. WHAT UP?!
    #TeamRavenclaw

G.G.
    Gryffindor
    Gryffindor is where it's at!
    Photobucket
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Gryffindor
    If Pottermore says I'm Gryffindor... Then, I'm Gryffindor :DDD
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    Slytherin
    Same @Henrick! therefore I'm a Slytherin :)

Miss you buddy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Gryffindor
    I miss you too, Pako :')
    image image image
    We'll never be forgiven for what we did.
    Trust me, I'm a Film Grad ;)
  • LizLiz Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭✭
    Gryffindor
    Pottermore put me in Hufflepuff the first time and Gryffindor the second time. Clearly, I chose to stick to Gryffindor <3
  • BraveheartBraveheart Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭
    Ravenclaw
    Back when the earlier books were released I remember EVERYONE claiming they were a Gryffindor, even me. LOL.
    Gryffindor
    Both times Pottermore put me into Gryffindor. (:
    Photobucket
  • echomagic650echomagic650 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Slytherin
    Pottermore put me in Slytherin, and that's were I'm going to stay. I don't need to get sorted again because Slytherin is where I belong. I actually like Slytherin. I never claimed to be a Gryffindor actually. I've always said I'm either a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin. Pottermore just sealed the deal. Even so, I have a hat and a tie from every house at Hogwarts. I also have Gryffindor and Hufflepuff Scarves, which is weird because those are the houses I identify with the least. I have a Gryffindor robe as well, but that's just because I couldn't find a cheap Slytherin one, though I do have a Slytherin sweater, which I'm wearing at the moment. Anyway, my point is that even though I identify as a Slytherin, I also appreciate the other houses and I don't discriminate between them.
    "That wand's more trouble than it's worth," said Harry. "And quite honestly," he turned away from the painted portraits, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
    -Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, page 749

"Whether you come back by page, or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home” - J.K. Rowling
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gryffindor
    If we're going off Potterbore, then Gryffindor.
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gryffindor
    ... says Pottermore
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    I've taken tons of online tests and all of them told me Hufflepuff, but then Pottermore told me Slytherin. I consider myself Hufflepuff at heart, though.
    Slytherin

I've taken tons of online tests and all of them told me Hufflepuff, but then Pottermore told me Slytherin. I consider myself Hufflepuff at heart, though.

That's awesome if that's what you truly believe. While it is J.K. Rowling's test, in the end it's only a test and perhaps it wasn't asking you the right questions. If you truly don't identify with Slytherin house than there's no point in forcing it. Personally, I do identify with the house Pottermore choose for me. In any case, one should always follow their heart. And if your heart is telling you that you're in Hufflepuff than that's where you truly belong.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth," said Harry. "And quite honestly," he turned away from the painted portraits, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

"Whether you come back by page, or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home” - J.K. Rowling
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

That's awesome if that's what you truly believe. While it is J.K. Rowling's test, in the end it's only a test and perhaps it wasn't asking you the right questions. If you truly don't identify with Slytherin house than there's no point in forcing it. Personally, I do identify with the house Pottermore choose for me. In any case, one should always follow their heart. And if your heart is telling you that you're in Hufflepuff than that's where you truly belong.

Absolutely! I think so too. I do have Slytherin qualities, like ambition etc, but I'm leaning more towards my puffs.
    Slytherin
    I think we all have qualities of all the houses. I think everyone has the ability to be in every house. Everyone has that potential. But as a wise man once said, it is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities. We all have the potential to be in any house as I have said, but it is how we choose to live our lives that defines who we truly are, and what is our true house. So whilst you have Slytherin qualities, you choose to exhibit your Hufflepuff qualities over those and that is what makes the difference.

Slytherin

I could not agree more with this.

I've gotten Slytherin on every quiz and questionare possible and then got it in Pottermore with the same results. I know it in my heart to be true. Sometimes its like that when you know exactly where you are, or sometimes its a journey to find where you belong. It all varies person to person :)
  • BatBoogiesBatBoogies Posts: 38
    Slytherin.

I got slytherin my first time on Pottermore. Then, I made a new account so I could take the test again. I answered all questions truthfully, and got Slytherin again.
    Slytherin

Slytherin.

I got slytherin my first time on Pottermore. Then, I made a new account so I could take the test again. I answered all questions truthfully, and got Slytherin again.

That just goes to show you that you truly belong in Slytherin house. I am happy to make Slytherin my home, and I hope that you are happy to make Slytherin your home as well. It truly is a wonderful house, no matter all the people who knock it. I know a lot of Slytherins, and they're some of the nicest people I've met.

• BatBoogiesBatBoogies Posts: 38

Slytherin.

That just goes to show you that you truly belong in Slytherin house. I am happy to make Slytherin my home, and I hope that you are happy to make Slytherin your home as well. It truly is a wonderful house, no matter all the people who knock it. I know a lot of Slytherins, and they're some of the nicest people I've met.
    Yeah, some people, not all, think all slytherins are mean and what-not! Not true!
    Gryffindor
    People think slytherins are mean because a single character has been showed that way but that does not mean every slytherin is mean. Malfoy's character was like that,although I honestly found him a little brave too. You must have read half blood prince. He helped the death eaters to get inn. Anyway, talking about slytherin then we all have an amazing example of Professor Snape,who sacrificed and his character clearly tells that slytherins are very brave and loyal. I personally respect slytherins a lot. In fact I respect every person on this forum no matter which house they belong to.
    Slytherin
    Like I said before I think we all have traits of all the houses, and I know I do. I have respect for myself, so I'd be silly not to have respect for those in other houses, since I consider them part of myself. I feel like houses are just another label, but deep down we're all just people, human beings. We should respect everyone for that, if nothing else.

Gryffindor
    I'm full of love, courage, ambition, loyalty, work-ethic, intelligence, stubborness, etc. These traits are all across the board. There are obviously intelligent individuals in each house.
    Hermione was a Gryffindor, yet she was top of her class. Even though she was a hatstall, she did not end up in Ravenclaw.
    Photobucket
    Slytherin
    Hermione wasn't quite a hatstall, though she was very close. I agree, there are smart people in every house. One of my best friends has neveer gotten anything below an A in her life and she's a Slytherin, who also has strong ties to Hufflepuff.

Hufflepuff
    Potter35 said:

People think slytherins are mean because a single character has been showed that way but that does not mean every slytherin is mean. Malfoy's character was like that,although I honestly found him a little brave too. You must have read half blood prince. He helped the death eaters to get inn. Anyway, talking about slytherin then we all have an amazing example of Professor Snape,who sacrificed and his character clearly tells that slytherins are very brave and loyal. I personally respect slytherins a lot. In fact I respect every person on this forum no matter which house they belong to.

If the series would have been in Draco's pov, we'd all hate Harry.

I had always thought I was a Ravenclaw, but then Pottermore put me in Hufflepuff and after being angry for a while I realised that is my place (:
    Gryffindor

Hermione wasn't quite a hatstall, though she was very close. I agree, there are smart people in every house. One of my best friends has neveer gotten anything below an A in her life and she's a Slytherin, who also has strong ties to Hufflepuff.

Hermione was approximately a 4 minute sorting. In my eyes, that's hatstall enough for me.
    Photobucket
    Slytherin
    @TubbyToast I agree, we would think Harry was awful! I'm glad that you've found peace with your Pottermore sorting.

@SarahElizabeth! no I get it, I just meant that technically a hatstall was over five minutes, I'm just being nitpicky.

Gryffindor
    @Tubby Luckily It is written in Harry's pov.
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenclaw

• Tom18Tom18 Posts: 5
    Ravenclaw
    Hey everyone! my first ever app has just been put onto the app store!!!! :D There is a house quiz thats been added to the app in the update due to come out in the next couple days too :P

Whats better is it's an app about Harry Potter with over 100 facts and also a quiz :) it would be amazing if you could tell me what you think of it and offer me some recommendations about what to change/add! As I said it's my first app and im very proud of it haha :D

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trivia-for-harry-potter/id543200669?ls=1&mt=8
    This is my Harry Potter Trivia App! Really proud of it!

• RustyBonesRustyBones Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Slytherin
    I hate you Tom18. You would be Ravenclaw.
  • caswalmaccaswalmac Posts: 10
    Slytherin
    I'm in Slytherin. Well that's what I was put in on Pottermore... I don't really mind too much.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Slytherin
    caswalmac said:

I'm in Slytherin. Well that's what I was put in on Pottermore... I don't really mind too much.

That's because being Slytherin is the shit!